Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:59:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I've got $20k to invest. Please recommend!  (Read 78267 times)
ReLoad

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:08:14 AM

You'd rather invest it to something real  like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023187.300 to which you need 10btc to receive dividend as your income than going into trading which you could loose instead. but this is an option for you encase you wanted to learn.

Uh, you can lose with HaoBTC as well. There is no guarantee. They could be considered as high-risk, low-reward (you're risking everything for a pretty low annual return).

Gold or diamonds, Something you can put your hands on is what you want to invest in. Or with 20k you could back company or play about on the stock market, 20k is a lot to be throwing at crypto and hope for a return.  

My tip.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket! because you know whats going to happen to them if you drop it...
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:43:30 PM

20k Dollars is a very very big money. you can't invest that much on the web. not even in bitcoin and other crypto currency.. you can make a good profit only for investing 2 or 3 bitcoins. you don't need to invest all your money here. but if you want to invest anyway. then do something psychically. like real stat or something like this.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:26:18 PM

You'd rather invest it to something real  like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023187.300 to which you need 10btc to receive dividend as your income than going into trading which you could loose instead. but this is an option for you encase you wanted to learn.

Uh, you can lose with HaoBTC as well. There is no guarantee. They could be considered as high-risk, low-reward (you're risking everything for a pretty low annual return).

Gold or diamonds, Something you can put your hands on is what you want to invest in. Or with 20k you could back company or play about on the stock market, 20k is a lot to be throwing at crypto and hope for a return. 

My tip.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket! because you know whats going to happen to them if you drop it...
Making an investment is always good. And I hope that more people will make an investment in Bitcoin so it will be more used and more worth.
But you never know what will happen with the value and that is the problem. You must have some patience.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:50:29 PM

20k Dollars is a very very big money. you can't invest that much on the web. not even in bitcoin and other crypto currency.. you can make a good profit only for investing 2 or 3 bitcoins. you don't need to invest all your money here. but if you want to invest anyway. then do something psychically. like real stat or something like this.

If they got that much money to invest, then they can afford to lose it and still continue their life as normal.

But if they cant, then investing shouldnt even be a thought.. esp nothing is for certain.

Op, its better if you just nothing then doing something and risking a large sum unless you do your homework.

bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:27:38 AM

I would just invest in the bitcoin but not with the full 20k amount, invest around 15k in the bitcoin and just hold them for a price increase.
This can be done in a short term but also in a long term of course, with a short term the halving will help you for sure.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:36:03 AM

I would just invest in the bitcoin but not with the full 20k amount, invest around 15k in the bitcoin and just hold them for a price increase.
This can be done in a short term but also in a long term of course, with a short term the halving will help you for sure.

Bad idea. It's beyond stupid to risk 75% on a risky investment. Like monumentally stupid.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:26:36 AM

The best thing is just use all your money to invest in Bitcoin. Just go all in. And than you will have some good profit from it.
If the value is down. Dont panic, but just hold your coins and wait for a good moment later.

TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:05:24 PM

OP, if your finally have 20k to invest, it sounds like you either worked hard for investment $ or you came into some $.  Because this is a lot of money to you:

I would definitely NOT put it all into bitcoins.  Like a few people said before, bitcoins is a risky investment (said the guy on a bitcoin forums.)  I would maybe invest half at most in bitcoin and I would do something like arbitrage or lending on a viable website.  Even that's risky.  BTCjam recently barred U.S. citizens from any new investments. 

As for the other half: I would NOT invest in gold or precious metals unless you really do some reading.  They all seem to be trending downwards over the past few years.  A great time to buy gold is at the beginning of a major recession that affects the U.S.  Sell it when U.S. starts showing signs of improving/optimisim..

So what to invest in?  I would suggest the stock market.  You could could take the 10k and spread them out amongst blue chips like IBM or Coke, and also amongst companies that you know are going to innovate, like Apple, and Amazon.  But you have to do your homework.

OP, you should definitely take at least a month thinking about how to invest you money that you finally got.  Talk to successful investors you irl too. 

Good luck!

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:29:43 PM

investing that much in bitcoin without bots monitoring exchangers to sell on short notice is just stupid and highly risky.

besides with that much money you can start your own business online and make more money than just sitting on your ass and hope for the price to rise.

--looking for signature--
BYOBANK

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:24:43 AM

Hey. I Know your judging my newbie account.  Grin However, I am not NEW at anything bitcoin. First of all I would put all my eggs of 20k into bitcoin, ether mining at home ( invest 3500 on GPU and mine and hold ) I would encourage you to get all your money out of a traditional bank and make it yours and earn 5% a day on all of it. How, first off I use the KISS approach. Do not put it in coinbase, because if the btc price goes to 1500 usd after the halving then you got huge capital gains tax. I would open two types of accounts, first I would open a free uphold account. To not even try to get a down vote for referral links here is the best page to explain why https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/202887565-What-are-the-benefits-of-becoming-a-member-of-Uphold-

You are able to buy gold,silver,bitcoin,ether, and nove money free anywhere and you never loose value. https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/uphold-to-support-litecoin-and-ethereum

If you want to know how I make 5k a week off buying btc and selling it, online email me bitcoinminer@protonmail.com   

I am a CEO of a large Solar and bitcoin mining arbitrage as a service.   @DACSTACK on twitter

cheers!
Andrew
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 03:34:21 AM

First of all I would put all my eggs of 20k into bitcoin
cheers!
Andrew

You lost me at "I would put all my eggs of 20K into...

Investing 101 tells you not to put everything into 1 basket.  If that one source of 20k ends up being a failure, you've lost everything!  You have to diversify your investments!

Even if the OP were to keep 10k (half) in bitcoin, I would diversify how the btc was being invested: I would put a lot into trading, but I would put some into lending and maybe even escrow.

You're telling him to put all his money into 1 website.  What if his wallet gets hacked, or the site goes bust?  Or a million other reasons not to put everything into 1 basket.  And you're plugging your own wacky twitter feed and equally wacky company.

OP, diversify your 20K.  Don't listen to the one-basket Willies!

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
kartel616

Activity: 160

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:55:28 AM

ether cloud mining maybe will give you big profit dude.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:52:48 AM

ether cloud mining maybe will give you big profit dude.

this is double wrong!
cloud mining has always been a bad idea no matter where you do it. the services are either scam ponzis or will give you the smallest amount of profit after deducting maintenance fee.
on top of that ether is a risky investment, it is not like bitcoin to have an stability it can be dumped hard and you lose a lot of money because of the price decline.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:36:51 AM

Hey folks,

I've finally got around $20k to invest in long-term. No, unfortunately I cannot put this on a bank to get like 10-15% per year, I'd need something way more good.
What would you recommend? Mining? Other crypto?

Investors, please get me some cool ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Marcell

don't try mining, because you will probably only lose your money, you won't get enough of money than you'll have to pay

and don't also invest somewhere because that's risky, better buy bitcoins for that 20000$ and just keep them, and sell after price rise, almost no risk
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:09:42 AM

Hey folks,

I've finally got around $20k to invest in long-term. No, unfortunately I cannot put this on a bank to get like 10-15% per year, I'd need something way more good.

Thanks in advance,
Marcell

don't mine because now it is too late to start it now, i think best idea would be to buy bitcoins, halving will happen in July so you can sell your coins after it and you will be very happy because price of bitcoin will rise for sure

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:09:13 PM

Best way to invest 20k is in a greyhound  or a hot dog stall

Or both as a hedge againts the dog being a rubbish runner

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:24:16 PM

Hey folks,

Thanks in advance,
Marcell

i think that best way to invest 20k$ is to buy bitcoins for them, because halving will happen in July which will rise price for sure,  it rises even now because people prepares for it so they buy bitcoins now so you will get lots of profit at end of year if you'll buy it now
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:12:15 PM

I don't think Bitcoin is going to be offering much of the way in returns any time soon and considering the risk and the strife there's no way I'd chuck that type of money at it.

Cloud mining is shite, mining mining is beyond the reach of most, alts are pure gambling, lending is a joke, 'investing' is a joke apart from a handful of honourable exceptions.

I put some cash into BTC and a fund at the same time. The fund more than compensated for BTC's patheticness at times. There's your diversification in action right there.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:15:42 AM

Best way to invest 20k is in a greyhound  or a hot dog stall

Or both as a hedge againts the dog being a rubbish runner

I think if the op saves 20k more, they can get a better return on bitmixers investing page.

As I mentioned it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368168.40

Thats just me, but it seems more reasonable knowing theres a needing service thats already profiting, then not knowing if the small business will do good or not.

bankingbtc

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:01:09 AM

Hey folks,

Thanks in advance,
Marcell

don't even try mining because it's not profitable anymore, if you want to get profit form your 20 000$, you should buy bitcoins for yourself and then keep them for some time, everyone does that and everyone are happy with that, because it is very profitable
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: