Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC  (Read 21843 times)
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:48:03 PM

Well if ths was real and my BTC refund money could be reapplied to getting one of these(for damn sure)... I would take that offer =)

At this point I'll believe anything, even if it involves Can-Electric Asain Overlords. A Strange Brew indeed.

Asian-Canadians residing in Iraq but under the jurisdiction of New York law? Me gusta.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:58:39 PM

Quote from: Boi qaaf
This is Bruno (will confirm in a sec by replying to post). I created this account mainly for the sole purpose as a character to interact in this game: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121306.0

If I don't get out ASAP, I will fire up Nikki the Bitch and raise all kinds of hell provided, of course, theymos didn't permanently ban her (which I think he did).  

~Bruno~

Cute gimmick Phinn.

The Can Electric ToS lists NY as the relevant jurisdiction - which is kind of curious for a Canadian company based in Iraq.  It's not so curious if this is some bullshit move to try make people think someone new is in charge of bASIC, though.

Why isn't the Canadian phone number for the real Can Electric listed on the site?  Are they just hoping that no-one's going to phone the Iraq number?

Did somebody hack one of my other accounts? I hope Al is okay.  Grin
JakeTri

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566
Is this a "Canadian" company?

The Iraq number is a mobile phone number (I guess prepaid) from KorekTel Mobile

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:14:48 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 09:04:54 PM by YipYip

Iraqi-Asian-Canadian-NewYork Company with an official workforce of 2 with 1 million in pre-sales already.....look all they are missing is the kidnapped Canadian  princess that we have to rescue from the castle who is secretly working for the CIA while infiltrating Al-Cadia posted to Iraq

EDIT: Sorry for got to add running off a pre-paid mobile phone based out of the state of QATAR on the ARabic peninsula...I think the Israelis & MOSAD are involed in here somewhere

Bitcoin, you couldnt make shit this good up .... Cheesy ......lol .... Cry

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:00:43 PM

1-800-Al-Cadia...  And let me guess their ASIC Miners are DA BOMB

OBJECT NOT FOUND
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:01:36 PM

Iraqi-Asian-Canadian-NewYork Company with an official workforce of 2 with 1 million in pre-sales already.....look all they are missing is the kidnapped Canadian  princess that we have to rescue from the castle who is secretly working for the CIA while infiltrating Al-Cadia posted to Iraq

Bitcoin, you couldnt make shit this good up .... Cheesy ......lol .... Cry

And yet you just know that someone is going to place a real order with them in spite of all the red flags "just in case" they're legitimate.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:07:24 PM

It seems the bloke was immigrant of the year 2011, or something.  google his name, he seems to know his hivolt power...

anyway, the question that is burning me up is Tom never developed his own asic hashing core, he licensed it from somewhere else. So what has can-electric actually bought? The rights to use someone else's core? why not just ask that company themselves?

I just don't get it.

Also does anyone remember Tom vanishing to Canada around Nov time?
repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:17:41 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 09:53:46 PM by repentance

It seems the bloke was immigrant of the year 2011, or something.  google his name, he seems to know his hivolt power...

anyway, the question that is burning me up is Tom never developed his own asic hashing core, he licensed it from somewhere else. So what has can-electric actually bought? The rights to use someone else's core? why not just ask that company themselves?

I just don't get it.

Also does anyone remember Tom vanishing to Canada around Nov time?

The problem is that nothing about Can Electric indicates that they have any experience in the IT field - and the revised BitcoinASIC site claims that they do and that they can do all sorts of hardware stuff in-house.  Their claims are so outrageous that I doubt anyone's even going to make a phone call to Iraq, although someone might email the real Can Electric tomorrow.

Re-branding bASIC would be quite a challenge anyway but it definitely can't be done when everything connected with that re-branding so far looks dodgy as hell to the extent that people aren't even sure this isn't Tom using the name of an obscure company without their knowledge.

Email sent to Can Electric using the email address on the actual Can Electric website.

Does anyone remember Tom vanishing to Iraq around November?  Although the real Can Electric site gives both a Canadian phone number and an Iraqi one, only the Iraqi number is given in the "Contact US" section of the bitcoinASIC site.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mistfpga

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

The problem is that nothing about Can Electric indicates that they have any experience in the IT field - and the revised BitcoinASIC site claims that they do and that they can do all sorts of hardware stuff in-house.  Their claims are so outrageous that I doubt anyone's even going to make a phone call to Iraq, although someone might email the real Can Electric tomorrow.

Thats kinda what I was hinting at, the bloke seems to have no experience with micro electronics, but is quite accountable and seems to publicly know about hivolt (not that it has that much to do with bitcoin) - He has a reputation I would imagine he would want to protect.  So I assume he did not know what he was getting into, or Tom approached him back in November.

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's.  I have no problem phoning Iraq.  I will probably try Canada first though, he doesn't look like he would be a hard man to track down.

I really want to know what this bloke has or thinks he has bought...  Why is Toms licensed ASIC SHA core any better than Bitfury (V. from birfury is a genius...) esp. when bitfury can provide an excellent FPGA core, rather than having to reshovel an ip asic design. it makes no sense.
repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:59:31 PM

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's. 

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that HardCopy is trademarked by Altera and that they use TSMC for fabrication - and that TSMC doesn't even do 45nm. 

mistfpga

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:08:59 PM

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's. 

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that HardCopy is trademarked by Altera and that they use TSMC for fabrication - and that TSMC doesn't even do 45nm. 

Interesting.  I know very little about Altera, the Xilinx version is called easypath. Don't BFL use stratix? (altera 45nm)... so could a single do 2+gh/s? 
repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:26:26 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 11:09:24 PM by repentance

Interesting.  I know very little about Altera, the Xilinx version is called easypath. Don't BFL use stratix? (altera 45nm)... so could a single do 2+gh/s?  

Altera likely uses different fabs for different products.

It looks like Ari Asmar has been back living in Iraq since 2011, based on his FB page.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 05:52:25 PM

Interesting.  I know very little about Altera, the Xilinx version is called easypath. Don't BFL use stratix? (altera 45nm)... so could a single do 2+gh/s?  

Altera likely uses different fabs for different products.

It looks like Ari Asmar has been back living in Iraq since 2011, based on his FB page.

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants-old/canada-has-spoken-top-25-immigrants-of-2011

This year’s awards program received more than 500 nominations over a two-month period, from which 75 finalists were shortlisted by a panel of Canadian Immigrant magazine judges. The awards program was also supported by the Toronto Star, Metro and Sing Tao.

Ari Asmar (Edmonton, Alberta/Iraq) is a master electrician. Although he’s been in Canada less than 10 years, he devotes lots of time to volunteering in his community, such as with a YMCA newcomers program.

http://www.thestar.com/sponsored_sections/2011/06/30/these_15_other_winners_are_making_their_mark_from_coast_to_coast.html

As a member of a large family of Kurdish refugees — six siblings and his parents — Ari Asmar knows a bit about pitching in, sharing and working hard.

The master electrician has been in Canada eight years and is proud of the company he started from scratch: Can Electric Ltd.

He’s even prouder of the countless hours he’s dedicated as a volunteer in his new country: helping with the YMCA’s newcomers program, mentoring young tradespeople and working with Amnesty International and the Abbotsfield Youth Project, which helps children of parents with drug issues.

Asmar is also involved in green technologies — participating in solar and wind energy seminars and promoting green energy through his work as an electrical contractor.

He says his best advice for immigrants is to work hard and don’t stop giving. “This is a great country and there’s lots of opportunities for everyone,” he says. “I know this … my entire family is so happy to be here.”

He came to Canada, got settled, and then sponsored his parents, brothers and sisters. “My first night here, I didn’t have any money, I didn’t know anybody and I stayed in a shelter,” he says. “But that didn’t matter. I was just excited to be in Canada and I was starting something new.”

http://www.canelectric.ca/

Domain name: canelectric.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2009/02/28
Expiry date: 2014/02/28
Updated date: 2013/01/18

Registrar:
Name: Go Daddy Domains Canada, Inc
Number: 2316042

Name servers:
dns1.irangiga.com
dns2.irangiga.com
ns1-maverick.nswebhost.com
ns2-maverick.nswebhost.com

% WHOIS look-up made at 2013-02-03 17:59:27 (GMT)
%
% Use of CIRA's WHOIS service is governed by the Terms of Use in its Legal
% Notice, available at http://www.cira.ca/legal-notice/?lang=en
%
% (c) 2013 Canadian Internet Registration Authority, (http://www.cira.ca/)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 06:08:10 PM

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants/canadas-top-25-immigrants-2011/ari-asmar

I suggest somebody contacting Ari to see if he's really behind the re-branding of Tom's company. This would explain away the grammatical errors we've all been making light of, including myself.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:37:45 PM

( ) seems legit

(x) I hope no one is buying these things. We don't need any more bitcoiners scammed...
repentance

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants/canadas-top-25-immigrants-2011/ari-asmar

I suggest somebody contacting Ari to see if he's really behind the re-branding of Tom's company. This would explain away the grammatical errors we've all been making light of, including myself.

I've already emailed the legitimate Can Electric.  All of Ari's FB posts since late 2011 have been made from Iraq.  If I don't get an email response within a couple of days I'll message him on the number listed on the real Can Electric site (which is one number different than the one on the bASIC site) and/or on FB.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 12:13:36 AM

I've already emailed the legitimate Can Electric.  All of Ari's FB posts since late 2011 have been made from Iraq.  If I don't get an email response within a couple of days I'll message him on the number listed on the real Can Electric site (which is one number different than the one on the bASIC site) and/or on FB.

Odd! One number off. Either an easily made error, or...
YipYip

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 01:48:34 AM

Odd! One number off. Either an easily made error, or...

Tradecraft...lol

Just what we need another halfbaked scheme/scam with no backing...no experience...no idea !!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
neotrix

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 05:23:56 AM

So to resume

Another company bought bAsics and they were able to beat all the competitors by bringing a more powefull product than other on market,  in only some days:

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6    says

Delivery Information
We ship within 2-3 days of your order

So its not preorder but now order supposely sent in 2 or 3 days, it will be fast to know then if real or not, does nobody want to risk 600 for a 50 giga Ehasher?  Grin

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 07:53:20 AM

My latest take. Ari is probably an alright guy--until he messes with the website after a few drinks. Alcohol & Silicon Iquals Control.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: