Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC  (Read 21843 times)
neotrix

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 10:02:15 AM

I just got the same email from Ari.

This is the contact info I have for Tom.  Can someone confirm whether it's correct (I think the phone number may no longer be active).

P.O. Box 246
Hannibal, NY 13074

Telephone:

PO box wont help a lot I think Does tom revelatead his real name in past or does ppl send him ten sof thousands in btc without know his real name and having just a po box and a prepaid phone? Sounds like crazy if...

As far as we know, his name is Thomas Van Riper.

He got a Bitcoin vanity licence plate last year, so Ari's lawyers could probably track him that if anyone has a picture of the licence plate (it was on his Google+ account but he's deleted that account now and I can't find a picture in Google cache but he may have posted it here as well - it was in March 2012).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66927.msg778314#msg778314

Dave had access to the merchant account so he should be able to provide all of the details related to that account.

The domain registration info for BTCFPGA uses the PO box address.

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/btcfpga.com

This was the street address for his computer repair shop.  It's also the address given on several domains Tom registered.

121 Lyon Street, Fulton, NY 13069 - New York,

Tel: (315) 514-0269

He was still using that phone number late last year but the website for the computer repair shop is now blank.

Fulton is significantly larger (so more commercial) than Hannibal (which is more rural). So, he probably worked in Fulton and just lives in/near Hannibal where his PO Box was located.

I'm curious as to how fast authorities will respond if we aggregate our complaints and focus them at the proper authorities. Is there any one thread yet where we can do this - i.e. focus & coordinate a collective response? or Has anyone taken action to contact any authorities for themselves yet?

||bit

I informed the real Ari about this thread and the whole story, I guess he will made some justice action too. Anyway if this guy ( thomas Van Riper seem his real identity, google will give you same head than the picture with license plate) was frauding using my name company I wont let this happend without sentence... Specially he's american also easy to reach...real name, real face, he have a shop physical...Well I'm just sad for ppl who paid with BTC as they will be never refund and it will be hard to proof anything with BTC as ever...

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 10:03:39 AM

https://sites.google.com/site/votevanriper/home/elect-thomas-van-riper-sgo-secretary

I am now in my second semester as a full time liberal arts Psych major at CCC, my dream career is to be in a position to help people - specifically youth, in the field of Substance Abuse Counseling.
neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 10:26:31 AM

https://sites.google.com/site/votevanriper/home/elect-thomas-van-riper-sgo-secretary

I am now in my second semester as a full time liberal arts Psych major at CCC, my dream career is to be in a position to help people - specifically youth, in the field of Substance Abuse Counseling.

Seem Thomas Van Riper is his real name, this is now confirmed. Free for Ari or customers of bAsic scammed to continu the process... Anyway this scam case will be more to easy to fix than some others...Good luck for people scammed in BTC to recover their funds (I never ordered from bAsic)

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 10:37:30 AM

With no other known source of income, it looks like them bitcoins Tom has is going to go toward food to feed 6 hungry individuals, rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance, did I mention food?, car payment(s), groceries, clothing for growing children, and more food.

During the course of being funny, above, I just realized something. For him to cash out any significant coins, he may have to go through a known clearinghouse. Something to think about.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:44:38 AM

I believe this picture of Cablepair / Thomas Van Riper was taken at this location.

Does anyone know if he still stays at this location ?

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:45:54 AM

so what your gonna do?
did actually ever anything happen with this pirate guy?
server
Legendary

Activity: 892

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:38:52 AM

so what your gonna do?

Dunno, maybe my Horrible Horrendous Terrible Tremendous twin can twist his cable Tongue

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 01:21:38 PM

With no other known source of income, it looks like them bitcoins Tom has is going to go toward food to feed 6 hungry individuals, rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance, did I mention food?, car payment(s), groceries, clothing for growing children, and more food.

During the course of being funny, above, I just realized something. For him to cash out any significant coins, he may have to go through a known clearinghouse. Something to think about.

Think harder. Bitcoins are easy to launder.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

Think harder. Bitcoins are easy to launder.

Laundering is easy. Protecting your family is more difficult. His whole family is easily uncovered using Google and Facebook. Though his family is not poor, Tom seems to prefer renting low profile housing and has moved frequently over the years.

I can see clearly now:

Tom: "Wait, the electric utility bill is included in the monthly rent? I'll take it! When can I move in?"

A couple of months later, Landlord says: "I'm sorry, but you have been using a lot more electricity than my prior tenants; I'm sending you a bill for what you owe me".

The next day, Tom is gone!

ROFL

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:36:47 PM

New email from Ari.  I told him we were trying to collate as much information about Tom as possible and have sent him a link to what we already have.

thanks xxxxxxxx

if you could send me his contact I will deal with it

regards
Ari

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:47:45 PM

New email from Ari.  I told him we were trying to collate as much information about Tom as possible and have sent him a link to what we already have.

thanks xxxxxxxx

regards
Ari

LOL WTF?! whats that supposed to mean!?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:49:48 PM

thanks xxxxxxxx

regards
Ari

He's going to kill him.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:53:04 PM

He's going to kill him.

MY my, this escalated quickly lol.  Cheesy
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:53:37 PM

thanks xxxxxxxx

regards
Ari

Iranian Ninjas.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

New theory: Tom + Ari are the same person!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:03:08 PM

I can confirm the zip code, but that's for the whole town Fulton.

From NY DMV and zip code checks out: 13069

Vehicle Plate Number:      BITCOIN
Make of Vehicle:      CHEVR
Model Year of Vehicle:      2005

repentance

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:06:30 PM

I can confirm the zip code, but that's for the whole town Fulton.

From NY DMV and zip code checks out: 13069

Vehicle Plate Number:      BITCOIN
Make of Vehicle:      CHEVR
Model Year of Vehicle:      2005

He got the licence plate in March last year.  He was still using the Fulton Street address for his PC repair business late last year but the website for that business is now gone.  It's still a reasonable starting point for lawyers, though.

New theory: Tom + Ari are the same person!

It would be funnier if Tom and Sonny were the same person.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:30:59 PM

How do people think they can totally get away with scamming a bunch of people with vast computer knowledge unless they are single and willing to leave the country...quickly.

I mean this community is easy to scam because of greed, but once you have the loot you need to skeedaddle.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd with internet access...
repentance

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:35:19 PM

How do people think they can totally get away with scamming a bunch of people with vast computer knowledge unless they are single and willing to leave the country...quickly.

I mean this community is easy to scam because of greed, but once you have the loot you need to skeedaddle.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd with internet access...

Well it's not like any of those who have successfully scammed the community so far have had to go into hiding...

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:47:14 PM

I'm sure there are secret underground bunkers all over the world where Trendon Shavers, Bruce Wagner, Tom Williams, Zhou Tong, Amir Taaki and Co. sit around scared witless of the mighty internet nerds revenge.

For, verily, it shalt come to pass in the days of the digit-age, that HE shalt send his virtualous minions and exact revenge upon the evil hearted. And HE shalt cry out "Beware, evildoers, that art now in my domain! My name is LEGION, for we are many. Let us send forth the spike!" and there shalt be wailing and the gnashing of teeth heard all across the lands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuiQQfS4_o
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: