Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC  (Read 21843 times)
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 10:39:59 PM

Yeah, Im sure he did, theres one for sale in the forums as we speak. He was very honest back then. If he wasnt, there would have been tons of drama in the forums over him and he would have had the scammer tag long ago. Also, the units people wont as a result of advertising bASIC for him in forums...they confirmed receiving them too.

thanks for info.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 10:43:58 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2013, 11:45:37 PM by repentance

You're one of those who still thinks that Tom has no intention to scam (and you kept going on and on)

On the contrary, I believe Tom has every intention of scamming people.  Why do you think I emailed Can Electric a week ago to confirm that they had no association with Tom?

I also believe that the names of the other people involved with the project should be made public so that their role in this debacle can be examined and people can seek remedies from those other people if it becomes impossible to seek them from Tom.

I get tired of seeing this community refer to scammers as if they were master criminals when the truth is that the scams which have been perpetrated on this community to date have been extremely unsophisticated and could not have succeeded if people didn't abandon their common-sense every time some shiny new venture comes along promising them the moon.  People only care that the enterprises they're dealing with are shady as fuck after everything goes pear-shaped and then they complain that the justice system doesn't immediately swing into action to deal out swift retribution.

Let's not forget that Bruce Wagner has an unsettled judgement against him for fraud and it hasn't ruined his life in the way some people seem to hope legal action will destroy Tom's.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 10:46:34 PM

Suckers born every minute, yet somehow they all end in this community.

Some people lost some serious dough, stop adding salt to their wounds.

Did you honestly ever think Tom was pulling a scam up until things started to unravel? Hindsight is 20/20, however I don't think anyone but maybe a select few people in the community saw this coming.

I was here long enough to know how capable Tom is. In my mind, hes not knowledgeable enough to carry this project from start. For some reason, this forum see him as a good man. Modminer was designed from an opensource project mind you.
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 02:38:29 AM

CAN-ELECTRIC
Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 02:56:09 AM

CAN-ELECTRIC
Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566

We already know that the whole Can Electric thing is a fraud and that the real Can Electric has nothing at all to do with Tom or Bitcoin mining hardware.  That's been confirmed in email exchanges between several members here and the owner of the real Can Electric.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 12:40:48 PM

This is the last reply from Ari (Real owner of CAN ELECTRIC), about his action against Tom

Thanks dear

The matter is with the RCMP interenet fraud unit and they are working on it
thanks

Ari

So the Canadian police is involved now...For the CAN ELECTRIC story and Ari's side.

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Evan

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:08:47 PM

This is the last reply from Ari (Real owner of CAN ELECTRIC), about his action against Tom

Thanks dear

thanks

Ari

So the Canadian police is involved now...For the CAN ELECTRIC story and Ari's side.

Have Shovel will travel.

Start a BTC fund up and we could as a group drive up and talk with tom, you know in person about refunding some BTC.

PeterChang

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:41:03 PM

Thank God that the RCMP are looking into this--it's just terrible that someone could think to steal someone's identity to create a bogus ASIC mining product.
I hope that the RCMP can pull down the site soon as Bitcoin needs honest companies making real products.

Thanks dear

thanks

Ari

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:51:06 AM

NEW THEORY: Tom isn't scamming... he lost the password to the big wallet. Alcohol and advanced encryption don't mix.

A friend of mine said "Even Saddam thought he had WMD.  Which of his subordinates would tell him 'no' ?"

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:53:22 AM

I just heard from the bank, my credit will be issued back to my credit card.  I called the Police because of the threats to his family.  I don't know what really happened but the whole things sounds more like a screw-up than a deliberate scam.

The family is off limits.

I try to be respectful and informed.
neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 05:46:11 AM

I just heard from the bank, my credit will be issued back to my credit card.  I called the Police because of the threats to his family.  I don't know what really happened but the whole things sounds more like a screw-up than a deliberate scam.

The family is off limits.

The use of Can Electric information and the story of new asic 50 or 100 giga made by Can Electric...was not a deliberate scam try ?

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:32:43 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 03:47:08 PM by server

I think it would be wise if Tom starts communicating with his customers and offer some kind of down payment.

He owes us BTC and he has quite some fpga hasing power (60+Ghash/s) so why doesn't he mine back the coins he owes us ?

He can even start a bitcoin pool server and signup all of his clients that need to be btc-refunded, and pay back with small amounts....

If he doesn't show his good will, he's a proven scammer and we all know he will burn in hell forever. Cry

100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:05:10 PM

if we don't FORCE him, he'll do nothing. He's just gonna wait it out. We have to make it perfectly clear to him, this isnt going away.

"FUCK YOU TOM, i'm not waiting" ...as mentioned before, start a BTC fund and road trip this shit?
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:37:37 PM

Instead of "under construction" the site now redirects with the following message:

Redirect URL - http://sites.securepaynet.net/redirect_0.html

---
This site is currently unavailable.

If you are the owner of this site, please contact us at 1-480-505-8855 at your earliest convenience.
---

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:45:37 PM

if we don't FORCE him, he'll do nothing. He's just gonna wait it out. We have to make it perfectly clear to him, this isnt going away.

"FUCK YOU TOM, i'm not waiting" ...as mentioned before, start a BTC fund and road trip this shit?

what about the people who use

http://www.btcwebhost.com/

and his other domains? surely he must have communicated with these customers and investors?

Who is robert dobbs?  not _the_ bob dobbs? why does he have the same details as tom?

http://www.whois.com/whois/btcwebhost.com

Then we get this...

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/genuinewindowsxp/thread/73277484-8ed1-4592-87ec-a6f80207a7bc

and this...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=21325.0;all

what other crap is he involved in? he cant just drop it all, some if it even looks profitable.

c'mon tom, talk to people. man up, get it over with, yes people will shout at you. If that is all they do I would consider it a 'win' for you. man up and start paying people back. you really cant hide.  

I am not going to dox you, however I am running out of options for contacting you, maybe your current customers could help me with that? They would seem to need contact... no it is not a threat, and you should not view it as such.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:51:04 PM

I would guess that he's in too deep to actually pay everyone back. I wouldn't expect BTC refunds to be forthcoming at this point, hopefully people press ahead with small claims filings against him.
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:01:54 PM

telling Tom to do on this thread is senseless. I dont think hes reading this crap if he is not to be seen for weeks now.

Also: i never received my creditcard chargeback. Anyone else without? I contacted my creditcard company, there is still nothing they say. Cant chargeback, i would have had to do so within 6 weeks. Thats what you get for getting in early and getting out too late.. damn

Hai
Evan

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:13:53 PM

telling Tom to do on this thread is senseless. I dont think hes reading this crap if he is not to be seen for weeks now.

Also: i never received my creditcard chargeback. Anyone else without? I contacted my creditcard company, there is still nothing they say. Cant chargeback, i would have had to do so within 6 weeks. Thats what you get for getting in early and getting out too late.. damn

Call bank, dispute as contract fraud, state items were being shipped, at time of completion of contract.

keep calling till you get someone that cares.

mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:19:11 PM

i know, i know... made me feel a little bit better though.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 11:27:07 PM

gd it Dani. its that attitude that will fuck us... you're post just bleeds of quitting/acceptance. that's bullshit. He's taken something that isn't his. and that's stealing. ...to sit idle allowing him to profit from my misfortune is not acceptable. We need lawyer up, or drive to NYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: