Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net  (Read 24105 times)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:54:12 PM

I have received a refund on Feb 13th of BTC 138. I initially invested BTC 372,2799.

So I guess Tom's still a scammer, but at least he has a lot more money now after all the refunds are done...
Prices were in USD, not BTC. How much did you send/receive in USD?

Sounding to me like Tom isn't a scammer, at least in your case (and probably everyone else eventually).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:00:47 PM

Wrong - Tommy is still a scammer... like I've posted in other threads.. even if/when all BTC is still refunded he owns the scammer crown whether officially given by this forum (whom has his back a lot)... or not. 

The whole CAN-ELEC fraud/drama takes this to another level as well..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
tnkflx (OP)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:06:54 PM

I have received a refund on Feb 13th of BTC 138. I initially invested BTC 372,2799.

So I guess Tom's still a scammer, but at least he has a lot more money now after all the refunds are done...
Sounding to me like Tom isn't a scammer, at least in your case (and probably everyone else eventually).

The reason I still consider Tom a scammer is because of no communication, the lies, the deceit, drunken rants, 'hacked' accounts, the can-electric saga, etc... I don't think he had an ASIC design at all otherwise he would've accepted the help from others.

And he (probably) made a lot of money because of the price difference (but this wouldn't be a problem if he had done everything right... Yeah, this last point is debatable Cheesy).

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
miter_myles

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:23:40 PM

The reason I still consider Tom a scammer is because of no communication, the lies, the deceit, drunken rants, 'hacked' accounts, the can-electric saga, etc... I don't think he had an ASIC design at all otherwise he would've accepted the help from others.

And he (probably) made a lot of money because of the price difference (but this wouldn't be a problem if he had done everything right... Yeah, this last point is debatable Cheesy).

+1 winner winner chicken dinner

iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 12:38:05 PM

Lies and misinformation were presented to Dave as well, at least from public information. We don't know the whole story, that's for sure. But I agree that was the problem from the start (or the second part) of the project. I remember counting for a shipment in December and received a mail :
"Your order has been updated to the following status:
Ready To Ship"

I was really glad, only to see this was going to happen only after "your bASIC has been assembled and released from test." Only to find out it didn't get to the assembly line, while Dave was stating in the forums something that he'd seen one hashing already... Too much contradiction, I wish I had the presence to get out then and there. I accepted the risk, now we must deal with it, and get the money with some effort.

About the BTC price going up
tnksflx, if Bitcoin was going down to $5, I'm sure you wouldn't like your 300 bitcoins back, this is not an issue. If somebody bet on BTC price going up, good for him. If it was Tom, even better, we might get our $ back. I agree this is not an issue.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 01:27:37 PM

Dave was stating in the forums something that he'd seen one hashing already.

Really?! I must have missed that. Otherwise I pretty much agree with you.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 06:24:14 PM

Easy to miss stuff that gets constantly deleted. Conveniently enough, Something Awful has a good collection of Tom's posts that somehow disappeared.

Meanwhile I was proven right but the same shills are still here repeating that "I'm unprofessional".

Well, to their credit, you are a horrible troll.

+1 Maybe if you weren't such an.... asshole, maybe people would listen to you?

That's okay, I'd much rather all the idiots make a point of not listening to me. As time goes by that will make them both poor and frustrated, which I'll greatly enjoy. It's not an aesthetic choice of whether to like me or not like me. It's an economic choice of whether to submit and live or play the smartass and go the way of the Kludge. Each his own fate, it has absolutely zero bearing on me. Take Fjordbit for an excellent example of that thesis: he's the sort of imbecile advising desperate people to "invest". Fortunately for him he's not taken seriously. Illustratively of his mental limitations, he still thinks he's in a position to judge his superiors. Daily life in Dumblandia.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:20:03 PM

I can't seem to find a cached copy of the exact page, but here's one that quotes it:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TnTaN7CaHbkJ:https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php%3Ftopic%3D751.15+%22as+I've+already+posted,+there+are+chips+hashing+away+in+the+engineering+lab+-+I+can+see+the+stats+for+it%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Scroll down to reply #21, about halfway down the page.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:32:54 PM

Seen the unit hashing and having seen the stats for it hashing are two different things.
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 03:43:18 AM

Where is dave on all this? Last we heard from him he was talking to one of the cc compnanys or somthing what came of that anything?

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:12:48 AM

Seen the unit hashing and having seen the stats for it hashing are two different things.

Yeah, when caught lying that's Inaba's line too, he didn't exactly spell out the obvious implication that everyone read. He just didn't impede them from it, totally legit.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:22:22 AM

Yeah, when caught lying that's Inaba's line too, he didn't exactly spell out the obvious implication that everyone read. He just didn't impede them from it, totally legit.
Actually no, he was pretty clear that he hadn't seen it. You just had to ask.
iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:19:02 PM

True, though they still mean some prototype was working, which was not the case. Somebody lied, could be that Dave just passed it forward, we'll probably know more about it.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:34:44 PM

Here's what he actually said:

"as I've already posted, there are chips hashing away in the engineering lab - I can see the stats for it."

He stated as FACT that there were chips hashing away.  He didn't say "Tom tells me there's chips hashing away" or "I can see some stats which I guess are chips hashing away".

His statement also says that the stats he could see were for chips hashing away - not that he guessed that they were for chips hashing away.

His statement unambiguously claims as fact that chips were hashing away - a statement he could only truthfully make if he had actual knowledge that was the case.  At best he was passing on second-hand information as though it were first-hand - which is misleading and deceptive (even if not intentionally so).
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

Here's what he actually said:

"as I've already posted, there are chips hashing away in the engineering lab - I can see the stats for it."

He stated as FACT that there were chips hashing away.  He didn't say "Tom tells me there's chips hashing away" or "I can see some stats which I guess are chips hashing away".

His statement also says that the stats he could see were for chips hashing away - not that he guessed that they were for chips hashing away.

His statement unambiguously claims as fact that chips were hashing away - a statement he could only truthfully make if he had actual knowledge that was the case.  At best he was passing on second-hand information as though it were first-hand - which is misleading and deceptive (even if not intentionally so).
Oh please. He probably should have said that he didn't see the chips in person, but the fact he said I've seen the stats for it as opposed to I've seen it should have been a clue, along with the fact that he's never met Tom face to face.

As for the bolded part, people make statements like that about things they don't have first-hand knowledge of all the time. Your point is ridiculous; if a client asks you how many unit of product XYZ you have in stock and they check the inventory system and confirm the number with the warehouse manager, are you deceptive and misleading if you say "We have 37 units in stock" even though you haven't seen it with your own eyes?
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:25:52 PM

As for the bolded part, people make statements like that about things they don't have first-hand knowledge of all the time. Your point is ridiculous; if a client asks you how many unit of product XYZ you have in stock and they check the inventory system and confirm the number with the warehouse manager, are you deceptive and misleading if you say "We have 37 units in stock" even though you haven't seen it with your own eyes?

If Dave wants to explain what stats it is he saw that convinced him they had ASICs hashing away then he can.  That would be far more credible than having apologists make excuses and weak arguments on his behalf.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:32:55 PM

If Dave wants to explain what stats it is he saw that convinced him they had ASICs hashing away then he can.  That would be far more credible than having apologists make excuses and weak arguments on his behalf.
Agreed, and I would love to see a more detailed explanation of this entire situation from his perspective. I wouldn't count on it given that he might be investigated as well of Tom does get charged with fraud, but it would be nice if he could.
miter_myles

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 03:09:50 AM

For those wanting to revisit the lies, incompetence, and overall mismanagement of bASIC:

http://gfyi95.com/bASIC/bASIC%20Forum/www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.html

The old forum has been uploaded is seems.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 05:41:43 PM

For those wanting to revisit the lies, incompetence, and overall mismanagement of bASIC:

http://gfyi95.com/bASIC/bASIC%20Forum/www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.html

The old forum has been uploaded is seems.

Ty for that.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:10:20 AM

+1 winner winner chicken dinner

Pretend to change BTC to USD then pocket the difference in the exchange rate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: