Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:10:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin survive world war III?  (Read 14000 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:25:24 PM

World War III broke out 6 years, huge disruption to everybody, there was limited nuclear bomb detonation in two smaller nations. Internet is in a state useable but not reliable.
Will Bitcoin survive? Will smuggler use Bitcoin to buy weapon, or gold to buy weapon?
I will tell you what everyone thinks here. If nuclear war or any major conventional war will outbreak, then bitcoin would not be a priority for people.
Survival will. I don't have enough bitcoin to be worried in the first place. I guess if you are bitcoin millionaire and you have huge amount of bitcoin stored you can be worried.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:21:40 PM

Exactly, when WW 3 happens Bitcoin and Gold will be useless, our currency will be essential stuff to keep us alive like food and water, and maybe guns too Sad
You know what else is scarce ?
Ammo
Maybe we will even use Ammo as currency just like Metro series Tongue

Wars were waged and before and people who had money and gold, had a better chances, this is proven many times through history. Only if you expecting total annihilation than water and food will be main problem and everything else will be irrelevant. Gold will stay always main token for trade!

You can rent this space
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:28:29 PM

World War III broke out 6 years, huge disruption to everybody, there was limited nuclear bomb detonation in two smaller nations. Internet is in a state useable but not reliable.
Will Bitcoin survive? Will smuggler use Bitcoin to buy weapon, or gold to buy weapon?
Well, if it's what actually will happen then I think yes Bitcoin will survive because internet connection is still up so the Bitcoin is still alive. But the problem is, would the people use it or not?

faucet used to be profitable
mkc (OP)

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:55:00 PM

I think full scale world war will not happen, but proxy war is likely. Proxy war means two relatively small nations fighting each other, each is supported by a mega nation.
In this case, Bitcoin is quite useful.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:07:24 PM

Don't think it would, because the electrical grid would be a prime target. People nowadays are incredibly reliant on electricity, all armies know this. We've seen that in Irak and Syria, people are using generators, and you just cannot afford to leave them on all day. You stay in the dark, that means without BTC.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:09:20 PM

Don't think it would, because the electrical grid would be a prime target. People nowadays are incredibly reliant on electricity, all armies know this. We've seen that in Irak and Syria, people are using generators, and you just cannot afford to leave them on all day. You stay in the dark, that means without BTC.
This is why gold and silver have more advantages than bitcoin.
I remember stories about diamonds and survivors from Nazi Germany death camps.
Gold was always been tradable for food and for water and this will stay this way in future!

You can rent this space
SirArthurVlade

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:30:00 PM

If there is no reliability for the internet, Where is the point in having virtual currencies ?
Erzatium

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:36:41 PM

If there will be a world war 3 I think it will not survive it because the wars are gonna be more digital and the bitcoin will get destroyed.
It will get destroyed because the networks are gonna attacked when the WWIII happens.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 07:17:34 PM

If there will be a world war 3 I think it will not survive it because the wars are gonna be more digital and the bitcoin will get destroyed.
It will get destroyed because the networks are gonna attacked when the WWIII happens.

I thought bitcoin will be destroyed when people will try to use it to buy some guns and equipment for war and sruviving. Digital war is really good surmise.

arnbrd

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:44:56 PM

As long as the Internet is up, Bitcoin will be running. But if you take the problem in another way, if survives in a mental way, I'd say no, because people will be too busy rebuilding the world to care about Bitcoin. They will be seeking food and water, because it will be survival, not the return of a normal life, and it will be like that for many other years.

yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:10:23 PM

Yes bitcoin will survive on world war III,but i dont think bitcoin will used for buying weapon or other war stuff.
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:32:09 PM

Yes bitcoin will survive on world war III,but i dont think bitcoin will used for buying weapon or other war stuff.

What would prevent people from using btc in buying weapons in your opinion ? if bitcoin survived, then people will buy whaterver they want with it. and during wars people want to defend themselves with weapons. so it is clearly possible
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:38:48 AM

Sounds like a job for ApocalypseCoin

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:46:59 AM

Why not? I remember 1 of Bitcoin Core nodes in the space, so even if internet has fallen down on earth we still have a backup in space. When everything back to normal we can use this without a problem. Bitcoin will definitely survive no matter what happens to earth.
nanonymousx

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:36:14 AM

Why not? I remember 1 of Bitcoin Core nodes in the space, so even if internet has fallen down on earth we still have a backup in space. When everything back to normal we can use this without a problem. Bitcoin will definitely survive no matter what happens to earth.

Oh Yeah, bitcoin will survive, as a matter of fact, it will become even more popular. Since it will be the best way to smug every controlled substance, weapon, medicine, and raw materials.
I will image a spy who can remember multiple bitcoin private address in his head. Gold/silver is heavy   and shit, you need a army to carry/protect it around. But bitcoin, as I said, you can remember it all in your head.
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:42:26 AM

Will humans survive?

this,if there are no humans left there wouldn't be much point to bitcoin anymore,no?
of course many people will die. there will be chaos everywhere. maybe the money would be useless. I do not want a world war to happen again. it was very devastating for all mankind. better it did not happen

Risackwpsp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:59:55 AM

world war III  unlikely will happen.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:12:14 AM

world war III  unlikely will happen.

You are already in it.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:16:20 AM

World war 3 won't take place. If by some situation if it happens also as quoted by most users the weapon business won't occur with the use of bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bitsta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

r00t-dev

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:19:47 AM

WWIII or its preparation started years ago. I guess its only a matter of time until escalation starts. One thing is for sure - WWIII, if escalation starts, won't take long....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: