Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin survive world war III?  (Read 13996 times)
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:56:58 AM

WWIII or its preparation started years ago. I guess its only a matter of time until escalation starts. One thing is for sure - WWIII, if escalation starts, won't take long....
I'm sure if one of the country such as the north and south korea gunfire. something scare will happen that so anything that will happen. you must be prepared bitcoin is the right place to save money when WW3

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:53:21 AM

World War III broke out 6 years, huge disruption to everybody, there was limited nuclear bomb detonation in two smaller nations. Internet is in a state useable but not reliable.
Will Bitcoin survive? Will smuggler use Bitcoin to buy weapon, or gold to buy weapon?
in these conditions bitcoin will not survive because people only care how to survive them self and only thinking by himself how to not be famine also bitcoin will be worthless after world war III
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Forza Italia

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:54:24 PM

Bitcoin will of course survive it. The question is are you surviving the world war? Because Bitcoin is just digital.
And I dont think the world war will not happen so fast. It can maybe happen later after 50 years or something. Maybe longer.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:27:40 PM

Bitcoin will of course survive it. The question is are you surviving the world war? Because Bitcoin is just digital.
And I dont think the world war will not happen so fast. It can maybe happen later after 50 years or something. Maybe longer.

We are talking about war and destruction of infrastructure. You can't expect the Bitcoin and blockchain will survive such disaster, because they are in direct relationship with electricity and we all know what can only one EMP can do.
If economic crisis strikes, mining will become more expensive, but you can't expect that will people buy BTCs if
they have troubles (struggling) with mortgage and debts..

You can rent this space
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:20:35 PM

We are talking about war and destruction of infrastructure. You can't expect the Bitcoin and blockchain will survive such disaster, because they are in direct relationship with electricity and we all know what can only one EMP can do.
If economic crisis strikes, mining will become more expensive, but you can't expect that will people buy BTCs if
they have troubles (struggling) with mortgage and debts..

That's your idea of a world war 3. Yet there are other scenarios of a world war, which not necessarily combines with a world wide destruction of all infrastructure, but with local spots of destruction. Even in WW2 there were a lot of countries without or with just a little impact on infrastructure. People there only knew about the war from the media, just like today. We are watching a coalition of nations bombing countries somewhere in the world with civilian victims and we call it "war on terror". We watch suicide bombers killing hundreds of people in Israel, Irak, Syria etc almost every day for decades now. Did we salute these poor souls or did we stop for a moment of silence for them? Hell no! But we are all "Charlie", "Paris" and "New York". What will be our answer? More bombs on civilians I guess, which lead to more suicide bombings of terrorists and so on.

Let's see the definition of "World War" on Wiki:

A world war is a war involving many or most of the world's most powerful and populous countries. World wars span multiple countries on multiple continents, with battles fought in multiple theatres.

Based on this definition, we have a WW3 since September 11 2001, which is still ongoing and our Bitcoin network is still working fine.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
nanonymousx

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:40:16 AM

Internet is built to sustain a nuclear attack. Internet will never go down.
Even a full scale area, there will always some area got lucky and stay out of the shooting and bombing, And they are standing ready to make good money.
trenchflaint

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:40:50 AM

Even a full scale area, there will always some area got lucky and stay out of the shooting and bombing, And they are standing ready to make good money.

Maybe iceland wont be harm by the WW3 but its certain that when the war broke out big countries will invade small ones with brute force and will destroy its infrastructure including the internet providers.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:49:54 AM

Maybe iceland wont be harm by the WW3 but its certain that when the war broke out big countries will invade small ones with brute force and will destroy its infrastructure including the internet providers.

Yeah small countries will be surely invaded but only if the internet backing is kept safe. Nothing can beat our technology.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:12:40 AM

WWIII or its preparation started years ago. I guess its only a matter of time until escalation starts. One thing is for sure - WWIII, if escalation starts, won't take long....
That's an overestimation for the current world unrest, it's true the world is not a utopia yet but I guess a war between top nations is not close to occurring right now, people are becoming smarter and more reasonable regarding wars IMO.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:26:00 PM

Will the internet survives? if yes, then bitcoin will survive.

But there will be no developer or users then, everyone is focused in rebuilding the civilization.

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:50:09 PM

That's your idea of a world war 3. Yet there are other scenarios of a world war, which not necessarily combines with a world wide destruction of all infrastructure, but with local spots of destruction. Even in WW2 there were a lot of countries without or with just a little impact on infrastructure. People there only knew about the war from the media, just like today. We are watching a coalition of nations bombing countries somewhere in the world with civilian victims and we call it "war on terror". We watch suicide bombers killing hundreds of people in Israel, Irak, Syria etc almost every day for decades now. Did we salute these poor souls or did we stop for a moment of silence for them? Hell no! But we are all "Charlie", "Paris" and "New York". What will be our answer? More bombs on civilians I guess, which lead to more suicide bombings of terrorists and so on.

A world war is a war involving many or most of the world's most powerful and populous countries. World wars span multiple countries on multiple continents, with battles fought in multiple theatres.

Based on this definition, we have a WW3 since September 11 2001, which is still ongoing and our Bitcoin network is still working fine.
You really think nobody will not use nuclear bombs in the war and this war will stay clean..? If only one A Bomb exploded you can expect nuclear winter in whole world. Nobody wants to loose this war for the world, so they will loose it together. You cannot expect for WW3 to be different from WW2 or WW1, it can only become more violent and destructive, the stake i very high!

You can rent this space
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:33:10 PM

If bitcoin even will survive i don't think it will be expencive cause it's not  first need things. Hope we will never know that cause WW3 will be so destructive and scare.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:17:48 AM

You really think nobody will not use nuclear bombs in the war and this war will stay clean..? If only one A Bomb exploded you can expect nuclear winter in whole world. Nobody wants to loose this war for the world, so they will loose it together. You cannot expect for WW3 to be different from WW2 or WW1, it can only become more violent and destructive, the stake i very high!

Your statements are hard to understand and when I try, I find too many false arguments.
1. Why should there be a "nuclear winter in whole world", when only one "A Bomb" was dropped somewhere? That makes no sense.

2. WW1 started with the assassination of one person :
The trigger for the war was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary, by Yugoslav nationalist Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo on 28 June 1914. This set off a diplomatic crisis when Austria-Hungary delivered an ultimatum to the Kingdom of Serbia,[10][11] and entangled international alliances formed over the previous decades were invoked. Within weeks, the major powers were at war and the conflict soon spread around the world.

I think this situation is not too far from the action after 9/11 and also the situation with IS right now. I think we can call USA, Russia, France and Germany "major powers" which are "at war" right now, so why not simply name this "world wide war on terror involving major powers" WW3?
I think, it is because we fear to let the demons out as soon as we name it.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:56:15 AM

I would be much worried about if mankind will survive a third world war to be honest!!
So if Bitcoin could survive or not in such a scenario wouldn't be the biggest concern!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:27:24 PM

I would be much worried about if mankind will survive a third world war to be honest!!
So if Bitcoin could survive or not in such a scenario wouldn't be the biggest concern!

During the past world wars mankind has survived, so no worries mankind survives which has the intelligence to rebuild the technology if something goes wrong.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:34:57 PM

If humans survive, Bitcoin is likely to surivive too. Perhaps its usage may be halted during war, perhaps war will end electric supply and internet, but some paper wallet is likely to survive an then Bitcoin being put again into function.

rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:03:26 PM

If humans survive, Bitcoin is likely to surivive too. Perhaps its usage may be halted during war, perhaps war will end electric supply and internet, but some paper wallet is likely to survive an then Bitcoin being put again into function.

It's right though, but it's also have a risk stored your bitcoin in paper wallet when world war III happened. and i think bitcoin will survive but the price will decrease so much.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:07:48 PM

Those bitcoins were stored in hard drives, if war explodes most likely those hard drive won't survive it, same to the paper wallets too
On war most people will salvage everything in someone's house to survive and those wallet most likely will be trashed and completely useless
Unless you reside on the nation that is neutral/ won't take part of the war you still have a chance to store your coins there Wink
Though i don't know about the bitcoin network itself Sad
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:45:41 PM

yeah I would think that people would be more concerned with their life than money. bitcoin will not be developed. 3rd world war may not occur
The nightmare that is very frightening.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:47:23 PM

what's up with all the doom theories these days?

is there any plan for bitcoin price that these topics are being spread?

Buying the dip...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: