Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:21:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - is it shaping up to be a HUGE SCAM?? let's take a closer look  (Read 3738 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:22:15 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 10:56:07 AM by cryptohunter

Anyone remember seeing any threads on the main board before the ICO??
Anyone remember seeing any threads on the main board during the ICO?
Anyone see any sigs advertising IOTA anywhere?
Anyone know if a social media reward for advertising the ICO of iota?
Anyone seen any IOTA on exchanges?
Anyone read about possible consensus issues with iota token?
In a recent poll on here around 50% classed Iota a scam Sad

I'm inclined to agree.

Why is an ICO that is not even released and is probably deliberately being held captive with no market access suddenly being pumped to 30x ico price already?

This seems like nxt2 to me and it's by the very same people that done this same scam on us all just a few years ago??

Can the same people really try it all over again??

Look at LISK - lots of advertising before , and during the ICO - can't go one page without seeing their ICO

Ethereum - advertised it and gave POW for distribution. Was available for sale for only 2-3 x ICO for months.

NEM - months and months and months of ICO time and advertising.

IOTA - I Own Tons Assholes - want to buy some at 30x ico?? already and can't even somehow get a gui to get it on an exchange. Why? because want time to pump and pump before anyone can really sell. So by the time they do release to exchange we all believe it is worth 30x ico price.

useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:10:28 AM

relax and wait for the first clone. it will be more affordable, and like Ethereum (pumped 2.0 IPO) slaying NXT (low spam 2.0 IPO) you will be victorious. unless, of course, IOTA is a scam perpetrated by the great bill gates, then the price will crash and you will be glad you missed the IPO.  either way, you are the big winner!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:18:39 AM

Exactly if you view this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177633.msg13728624#msg13728624

pointed out to me by an anti iota member

You will notice the first person to post about this design and be working on it was not even IOTA.

Other people are already using this design.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:44:00 AM

Look at LISK - lots of advertising before , and during the ICO - can't go one page without seeing their ICO

My guess is that many people will wish they never saw the LISK ICO ads.

Let's say LISK goes to zero or just from the 6 million or so to 1 million in a few months. I wouldn't want to be known as an advertiser and promoter of the ICO where people lost their monies.
gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:47:34 AM

OINK, OINK, OINK

We will see what is scam LISK or IOTA Smiley

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:00:25 AM

Life is a scam!

lol

you just wasted yours crying on forum for nobody to see!

LOL!!

i will send you some for free

Hey banano. Nice to see you here. How are you?

Interesting your first EVER post on this board was in the ........YUP the iota thread.

Imagine...here you were in cyber space, you stumble upon this board. Next you stumble into the IOTA thread and your first post is in that thread.

Now you're here defending it.

Now i'm not saying your are a socket puppet shill for and insta ico called IOTA. I'm just saying it's very likely you are. It just seems to make sense.

But please keep discussing how IOTA is not a scam.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:05:49 AM

Fuckin' ban him!
see what he said?
He's trying to give away free coins (against the rules)
We got you now you slippery bastard!  Shocked

PS:
Scammy IPO not equals "company"

FUD first & ask questions later™
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:09:00 AM

You will notice the first person to post about this design and be working on it was not even IOTA.

Meh, I've run out of interest to engage obvious troll is obvious.

So will only reply the truth right away:

DAG Coin proposal? That's Sergio Demian Lerner (of Rootstock) which has been a community member of IOTA since day 1. We had posted about IOTA before this, CfB had several chats about it with people who can corroborate it easily, hell Serguei  (IOTA's math PhD) even posted about DAG crypto in 2014.

Try harder please...

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:12:52 AM

Fuckin' ban him!
see what he said?
He's trying to give away free coins (against the rules)
We got you now you slippery bastard!  Shocked

lol. not the first time they ban banano!

why so you think they call me that?

Now You Banananna prepare for a BAN you can not prepare for !

PS: nice sig LOL

EDIT:

WARNING PEOPLE:
The below comment by Bananao is [NSFDT] (not safe for the dinner table)

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:17:43 AM

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:29:23 AM

Meh, I've run out of interest to engage obvious troll is obvious.

So will only reply the truth right away:

DAG Coin proposal? That's Sergio Demian Lerner (of Rootstock) which has been a community member of IOTA since day 1. We had posted about IOTA before this, CfB had several chats about it with people who can corroborate it easily, hell Serguei  (IOTA's math PhD) even posted about DAG crypto in 2014.

Try harder please...

"post about this design"

Well, It seems he was first to post about dag design on this board ? as I said.

You are missing the point.

Who discussed using DAG crypto , who thought of it first,....all irrelevant. . The ico is a total disgrace in terms of initial advertising on this board. The distribution speaks for itself. It raised nothing compared to other big ICO's here and now because such a small % of the board heard anything about it or invested those few that did are trying  to milk everyone else for 3000% already. This is classic NXT tactic by the same people.

If you had any sense you would have issued another ico got more dev funds and put them to good use.

Best thing is get this token to exchange because the free market will decide.

No point trying to hold all the coins captive and try building a big pump whilst none are for sale through exchanges. Trying to announce 5 x in one day MS signed it with a bunch of other coins for azure - 5 threads on the main board in one day about the same thing. Then another thread dedicated to how many 1000% we should give a few iota crumbs out for.

This is deliberately being held up whilst pumping...you want to release on exchanges only after weeks of persuading everyone its worth 3000% over ico.

Forget about that.

1. Stop the spamming on the main board with pumping shit about IOTA

you didn't know the main board existed before or during the ICO apparently

2. Get it on exchanges and let it find a better distribution via the market ....there is no POW right? like etherium had? so the insta stealth ico is all there was.

No need to bring up that it looks like a scam. Just get it out there in the wild and let your actions speak for it.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:37:06 AM

It's not convenient when the same discussion is split among several thread. I'm attaching an orphaned branch of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1382460.msg14268142#msg14268142. It would be trivial in Iota, but so hard in Bitcoin.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:39:17 AM

insta stealth ico

I wonder how 300 users bought it then.
Looks like your premise is: an ico is stealth if cryptohunter did not invest in it.
And the definition of insta = 1 month is... interesting.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:02:22 AM

insta stealth ico

Looks like your premise is: an ico is stealth if cryptohunter did not invest in it.

Ha - come on now 300. I was told 600 before. It's already decreasing. We will be down to the truth soon cgb , you and perhaps 100 others.

21 people in NXT 1  = a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of the board members back then.

300(probably less) NXT2 (code name IOTA) = tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of board members now.

There is no point arguing. Everyone can see the ICO was stealth compared to Ethereum, maid, Nem,

Even lisk has 1000's of investors and it's not even done.

NXT people should have known better. They should have tried harder than anyone to see good distribution on their nxt2 (iota) ICO.

I Own Tons Assholes - this is actually what someone said when asked how much Iota they own. I was told this is an inside joke with iota holders. They find it amusing that they can hoard it all and demand 3000% already before it's even out?

iotatoken

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:08:08 AM

Ugh, what a boring guy... Anyone looking forward to the third season of Silicon Valley?

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:13:46 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 01:44:37 PM by cryptohunter

Ugh, what a boring guy... Anyone looking forward to the third season of Silicon Valley?

did you say " the third season of Silicon Valley"? sounds interesting let me look up what it's all about....google google...

oh...

"comedy series follows the misadventures of introverted computer programmer cfb and his friends as they attempt to scam it rich in a high-tech gold rush."

AH... i see what you did there.

Sounds like I'm watching in real time.

NXT - series 1

Jinn - series 2

Iota - series 3

what's the fourth series about?

Who writes them is it like a joint effort you and cfb? or just cfb and you give the foot massages whilst he focuses on the writing?

iotatoken

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:23:28 AM

CfB doesn't even exist. I just made him up to pull of these schemes of course. Hell this entire forum is actually hosted in my backyard and 99% of the users are my sockpuppets to fool the remaining 1%. Even you are one of my sock accounts. Now I will login to 'your' (wink wink) account to continue arguing with me, so that it seems legit

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:34:41 AM

insta stealth ico

Ha - come on now 300. I was told 600 before. It's already decreasing. We will be down to the truth soon cgb , you and perhaps 100 others.

21 people in NXT 1  = a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of the board members back then.

300(probably less) NXT2 (code name IOTA) = tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of board members now.

There is no point arguing. Everyone can see the ICO was stealth compared to Ethereum, maid, Nem,

Even lisk has 1000's of investors and it's not even done.

NXT people should have known better. They should have tried harder than anyone to see good distribution on their nxt2 (iota) ICO.

I Own Tons Assholes - this is actually what someone said when asked how much Iota they own. I was told this is an inside joke with iota holders. They find it amusing that they can hoard it all and demand 3000% already before it's even out?

I'm not even a IOTA supporter like you can see on my previous post but you are just dumb as fuck.

A little history for you.

- NXT was the first ico coin that's why nobody was interested.
- LISK only raised that much because of previous ETH pump/hype

When they started the IOTA ico nobody was interested in icos at this time because ETH didn't got x40 pumped.

Quit your life please because you are just a waste of time to most people.

Ah, a Guru arrives...with vast knowledge and history to present.

Oh, no need to be like that! swearing and getting all upset. This combined with your strange sentence structure is not a good place to be when trying to sound smart.

That's your opinon and you're welcome to it.

There will always be excuses. They won't help though because it's very simple to see you are leaving out factors that have a great degree of influence.

1. The effort made by LISK is far and above the effort to advertise on the board by NXT2

a - no sig campaigns - the most powerful form of advertising
b- no social media campaigns
c - lisk is already  pumping all over the main board previous and during the ICO - not a peep from iota (nxt2)

You seem to base a lot on opinion and little on facts.

Please try and contain yourself and communicate on an adult level. I'm just trying to help you.

Come back anytime you like to discuss with me here. I am more than happy to aid you in whatever ways I can. Especially on this thread.

HOWEVER - - since you don't support IOTA at all - tell me exactly what you don't like about it and why you don't support it?Huh?This will be interesting.

Imagine a non supporter coming here to reveal other reasons (he does not agree with mine) for not liking iota?

iotatoken

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:56:20 AM

I love how your trolling is:

"OMG These guys didn't pay for PR, didn't do any cheesy invasive annoying marketing, rejected speculators and only rely on the authenticity of the project and technology itself! WHAT A SCAM"

peer2peer360

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:03:26 AM

Heres thing tho.

Cryptos 2.0 - 3.0 are maturing & quickly
Evolving... Microsoft knows exactly
What time it is. bringing crypto
Innovation to mainstream/ commercial
Realm.. "adoption" is key...