Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LiteBar (LTB) - Reborn  (Read 38019 times)
zyzzyva

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:22:55 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 05:04:49 PM by zyzzyva

I've also been working on a LiteBar pool, but I wanted to make sure it was paying blocks properly before I announced it. (It is!) It's no frills, but it works.

Point your miners at:

-o stratum+tcp://ltb.somecoins.xyz:7111 -u <your wallet address> -p x

Port 7111 is vardiff, you can also use port 7112 if you have a high hashrate or a rental and want a static diff of 8192. You can check out some minimal stats at http://ltb.somecoins.xyz.

Pool fee is 1% plus any network transaction fees. Blocks are paid out as soon as they mature, which seems to be ~75 ~90 confirmations at the moment. The more hash on the network the faster that'll go. Smiley

Happy mining!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mamaspaliLa

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:52:20 PM

sorry. i`m drink alcohol Cheesy pool UP again. Happy mining.
zyzzyva

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:03:43 PM

I've also been working on a LiteBar pool, but I wanted to make sure it was paying blocks properly before I announced it. (It is!) It's no frills, but it works.

Point your miners at:

-o stratum+tcp://ltb.somecoins.xyz:7111 -u <your wallet address> -p x

Port 7111 is vardiff, you can also use port 7112 if you have a high hashrate or a rental and want a static diff of 8192. You can check out some minimal stats at http://ltb.somecoins.xyz.

Pool fee is 1% plus any network transaction fees. Blocks are paid out as soon as they mature, which seems to be ~75 confirmations at the moment. The more hash on the network the faster that'll go. :-)

Happy mining!

My bad, looks like 90 confirmations for blocks to mature at the moment, not 75.
jminer85

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:32:32 AM

one thing that I think will hold this coin back is that you state bitbars little brother so now people will think that the price will need to be less then bitbar. this coin is a rare coin and I worry that this may have a negative impact on price once on exchanges. any thoughts on this??
Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:15:16 AM

one thing that I think will hold this coin back is that you state bitbars little brother so now people will think that the price will need to be less then bitbar. this coin is a rare coin and I worry that this may have a negative impact on price once on exchanges. any thoughts on this??
I got the information for Litebar from earlier threads. 'the silver to bitbar's gold' and such.
I believe the original developers intended Bitbar to be 10 bitcoins squished together, and I assume, one Litebar is to be 10 litecoins squished together.

So not having anything else to on, I worded the OP and website information the way I did.

I could remove the 'little' part and say 'Bitbar has a brother - Litebar'

I actually have no preference, other than keeping them together, they play well off of each other, like silver and gold.
When talking (writing) about one, I always try and mention the other.

I've noticed a lot more interest and activity with Litebar that Bitbar.
Perhaps it is Bitbar that will be the 'little' brother - only time (and markets) will tell.
jminer85

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:31:16 AM

I think that litebar is better and getting more attention because its still mineable for a profit. I hope. while I could not mine litebar I went over and mined bitbar and each block only pays.1xxx so not profitable at currant price. and its been 3 days and the pool still wont let me take the bitbar's out.
Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:14:14 AM

I think that litebar is better and getting more attention because its still mineable for a profit. I hope. while I could not mine litebar I went over and mined bitbar and each block only pays.1xxx so not profitable at currant price. and its been 3 days and the pool still wont let me take the bitbar's out.
Bitbar requires 520 confirmations, with a block time of 10 minutes:
520x10=5200 minutes (86.6 hours)=(3.6 days) roughly.

The lower block reward makes it harder to get, which means more valuable.
I wish I could get to crypty's charts to compare the two.
blackchopper

Activity: 316
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 03:09:01 AM

I wouldn't market Litebar and Bitbar together at all.  They were both created by different developers which weren't connected at all.  They also both have very different histories.  Litebar having the better history IMO.

I would compare Litebar (silver) to Bitcoin (gold) - that's the best approach IMO.  Comparing it to Litecoin, which seems to be dying, isn't a good idea.

Focus on the low amount of coins and a storage of value.  Try not to associate it with any other cryptocurrencies besides Bitcoin otherwise you might distance investors who might hate Bitbar, Litecoin, or whatever coin.

Developer with a background in Marketing and Promotions.
CHECK OUT PLATINUMBAR XPTX
Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:28:29 AM

I wouldn't market Litebar and Bitbar together at all.  They were both created by different developers which weren't connected at all.  They also both have very different histories.  Litebar having the better history IMO.

I would compare Litebar (silver) to Bitcoin (gold) - that's the best approach IMO.  Comparing it to Litecoin, which seems to be dying, isn't a good idea.

Focus on the low amount of coins and a storage of value.  Try not to associate it with any other cryptocurrencies besides Bitcoin otherwise you might distance investors who might hate Bitbar, Litecoin, or whatever coin.
That's a good point also.
Bitbar and Litebar are each their own entities: Bitbar a clone of Novacoin/Peercoin, and Litebar a clone of Litecoin.

I'm not going to hold either of them back, and I don't want to place them underneath bitcoin.
I think I'll toss the 'brother' thing though, as to give them space.
blackchopper

Activity: 316
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 05:04:56 AM

Bitbar and Litebar are each their own entities: Bitbar a clone of Novacoin/Peercoin, and Litebar a clone of Litecoin.

I'm not going to hold either of them back, and I don't want to place them underneath bitcoin.

IMO every coin is associated with Bitcoin in some way or another - unless the coin is using a completely different codebase.  But, I get what you mean.

Maybe branding it as your "community of coins" including Bitbar and Litebar would be better.

Good idea to ditch the little bro thing.  Might want to change the thread title.   Smiley

Developer with a background in Marketing and Promotions.
CHECK OUT PLATINUMBAR XPTX
zyzzyva

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:55:21 AM

Got some miners mining the coin at ltb.somecoins.xyz!

Nice HR at 1155 MH/s on the network.

Network difficulty is 37! That might be a new record, at least for 2016...
jminer85

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:28:33 PM

I am glad to see that you are open to community suggestions.
userpike

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 02:04:58 PM

I think the loss of interest in BTB is because it forks and keeps on forking...the new wallet needs to come out and make BTB fork proof. Then people will come back to it. I stopped mining on it just for this reason... I dunno if I'm mining the right chain...that's just too much risk without enough reward..

LTB is @ like 39.xxx diff as of now. with over 1000MH. ...glad i got the jump on everyone and mined it when no one else was..when I first started mining it solo the alerts for mined blocks was happening so fast it sounded like I hit the jackpot on a slot machine. It was pretty awesome.

Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:56:05 PM

I am glad to see that you are open to community suggestions.
I'm not here to pump and dump.
I'm here for the long haul.

Without a community ALL crypto-currencies will fail.

Which reminds me:
Litebar needs votes on Cryptopia  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting
I put in half of the 5 million Dotcoin required to get listed - now it's your turn.

Votes are also needed on https://safecex.com/coin/add
Safecex changed part of the vote requirements: 'Note that you must have at least one deposit to be allowed to add a coin or to vote for a coin'
Litebar has two votes so far
Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:37:23 PM

I think the loss of interest in BTB is because it forks and keeps on forking...the new wallet needs to come out and make BTB fork proof. Then people will come back to it. I stopped mining on it just for this reason... I dunno if I'm mining the right chain...that's just too much risk without enough reward..

LTB is @ like 39.xxx diff as of now. with over 1000MH. ...glad i got the jump on everyone and mined it when no one else was..when I first started mining it solo the alerts for mined blocks was happening so fast it sounded like I hit the jackpot on a slot machine. It was pretty awesome.
I don't think any crypto-currency is fork proof.
Getting the checkpoint server for Bitbar online should help.
There is usually 3-4 miners on the Bitbar Cryptopia pool, and that helps - I haven't noticed any forks, with the exception of h2c. What do you expect when your throw 4x the network hash rate in one place ?

Bitbar wallet is almost done, just some cosmetics on the popup menus and tool tips.
I can give you a download link if you would like to try it out if you backup your wallet, the worse thing that can happen is you might have to download the chain again. I haven't had to on my tests.
It would be helpful to know about any issues before going public.
You could be my guinea pig  Grin
userpike

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 10:46:58 PM

There is usually 3-4 miners on the Bitbar Cryptopia pool, and that helps - I haven't noticed any forks, with the exception of h2c. What do you expect when your throw 4x the network hash rate in one place ?

Bitbar wallet is almost done, just some cosmetics on the popup menus and tool tips.
I can give you a download link if you would like to try it out if you backup your wallet, the worse thing that can happen is you might have to download the chain again. I haven't had to on my tests.

yeah man, send me that link.  I'll check it out for sure and report back. I hope you remembered coin control!

As far as I know, 42 has never forked on its own like BTB and there used to be mad hashpower (well over 1000Mh) on it before cryptsy fell (all of the trading was happening at cryptsy, soon after the cryptsy death it was listed elsewhere...got dumped and now it's only worth .25BTC roughly. I know there were a couple hard forks requiring wallet updates but they never were accepted by the community as official. The original wallet is still the official one even though there is no active DEV for the coin. So if it did fork, there's no one to fix it..nor has there been for awhile.

Does BTB take longer than other cryptos to communicate throughout the network nodes or something? Maybe the update intervals can be closer together in time with a change in the code?

Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:32:48 PM

yeah man, send me that link.  I'll check it out for sure and report back. I hope you remembered coin control!

As far as I know, 42 has never forked on its own like BTB and there used to be mad hashpower (well over 1000Mh) on it before cryptsy fell (all of the trading was happening at cryptsy, soon after the cryptsy death it was listed elsewhere...got dumped and now it's only worth .25BTC roughly. I know there were a couple hard forks requiring wallet updates but they never were accepted by the community as official. The original wallet is still the official one even though there is no active DEV for the coin. So if it did fork, there's no one to fix it..nor has there been for awhile.

Does BTB take longer than other cryptos to communicate throughout the network nodes or something? Maybe the update intervals can be closer together in time with a change in the code?
It's not a communication problem, it's a problem with to much hash in one place, like what happened on ispace. it's that 51% rule. (maybe not a rule, but it should be)

I'll send you a link in a few hours, I'm at work, and I'll need time to cross-compile to windows.
mamaspaliLa

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:32:52 AM

any news?
Spidersbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:23:29 PM

transferred 9703 DOT from the Litebar donations address to Cryptopia and added them to the vote.
Litebar total votes:  2669217
jminer85

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 03:13:40 PM

transferred 9703 DOT from the Litebar donations address to Cryptopia and added them to the vote.
Litebar total votes:  2669217
ok it seems that yobit is adding coins and has started to respond to support tickets. I will put up .05 btc to get it listed. that's half of the amount needed. yobit has the volume that litebar needs to grow to it potential.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: