Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach someone about Bitcoin  (Read 58719 times)
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:14:49 AM

before you teach someone about bitcoin, you must know his hobby, if he like writing, you can introducing to earning bitcoin from write on blog/web, etc.

i think it's depend about his hoby.
right, even if you had to explain as clearly as possible about bitcoin, but if it's not a hobby then he will not be interested. may be the first step you may need to know his hobbies, and after that his hobby concerned with money and business, then you might be able to explain to her bitcoin
it sounds good. but certainly there is a hobby that has no correlation with bitcoin ? how do you want to tell about bitcoin. if someone has a hobby of fishing or swimming, etc?
of course you can not associate it with bitcoin right? What do you think ?

I think to make the use of bitcoin has nothing to do with their hobby. Because I'm sure everyone is using bitcoin not as a hobby but because their needs. Bitcoin can help earn money and can increase revenue. Therefore, I am sure if they need additional income would have been if someone told me about bitcoin sure they will be interested and try to use it.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:31:19 AM

In my opinion, the best method to teach someone about Bitcoin is by inviting him to this forum, so he can learn a lot about crypto currencies
Agree it was the same as me when I joined a few years ago on bitcoin, very advantaged because I can asked about bitcoin in the local section, so it made it easier to ask
in this forum there is a lot of knowledge about bitcoin, it is very easy for newcomers
For those who not lazy and love to read then inviting them to this forum might will help them to learn faster about bitcoin.
But learn from someone close around you are more effective I think, you can ask them everytime and get clear explanation.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:33:57 AM

When I talk to people about btc that never heard about it before in beginning they are confused. Most of them are suspicious about it, they think its some big scam or something unreal.
To teach someone about btc you must show them. You need to start with small and easy things, what you can do with btc, how you can spend it, how to change it some other currency, or any other advantage that bitcoin have.. with few easy steps you can show them all that and if they are interested after that you can tell them about blockchain, how its made and from where all that starts.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:11:49 AM

I thought to tell someone about bitcoin is not as easy as it seems. they may not be easily attracted by what we say.
it looks like they have to find out for yourself about bitcoin

dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:42:11 AM

Tell them the fundamentals about bitcoin. Make wallet for them and provide one way to get bitcoin after that let them continue

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:08:16 AM

I thought to tell someone about bitcoin is not as easy as it seems. they may not be easily attracted by what we say.

Best way to teach someone about bitcoin is show him how bitcoin works by practice it,make some bitcoin transaction and show him how to make it,
then you can show him how to get free bitcoin by faucets and campaigns, buy bitcoin or sell bitcoin, dont explain "what bitcoin is" newbie will not understand,
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:16:47 AM

Best way to teach someone about bitcoin is show him how bitcoin works by practice it,make some bitcoin transaction and show him how to make it,
then you can show him how to get free bitcoin by faucets and campaigns, buy bitcoin or sell bitcoin, dont explain "what bitcoin is" newbie will not understand,

Showing how it works will help a person how to understand how bitcoin works,just by explaining it will be hard if there is no visualization,visualizing it will be easy to understand.
Krayshock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:28:04 PM

People would tend to be confused when you try to explain bitcoin using some jargons
Try to be as simple as possible in explaining bitcoin, and be straight to the point

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:37:57 PM

People would tend to be confused when you try to explain bitcoin using some jargons
Try to be as simple as possible in explaining bitcoin, and be straight to the point
what excatly the mean from "jargons"?its was slogan?
if that's true,i think yes its not easy to explain bitcoin with "jargons"
teach bitcoin to people will effective when we show them some video about bitcoin,and show them what you can do with bitcoin.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:42:16 PM

Just invite them to your house and start showing them the basics. Make sure you let them look up information about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is mnot really that hard to understand.
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:50:28 PM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?

well it is different if your friend wants to trade bitcoins, hold bitcoins or just use them

if he wants to trade/hold for profit you should explain what pump and dump is, main reason of trading( buy cheap and sell expensive, only way to get profit)

and if he wants to use them then you should explain what is wallet, how to create and use one, how to be safe when buying something, give examples of sites that sells something for bitcoin
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:50:02 PM

Just invite them to your house and start showing them the basics. Make sure you let them look up information about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is mnot really that hard to understand.

believe me, I've done that to my good friend, but they do not believe as they do not directly see the money generated from the bitcoin. I guess showing them the money generated from the bitcoin will make people join to seek and use bitcoin
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:26:49 PM

Teaching someone about something new is not easy at all as it requires lots of efforts and there is no guarantee that they will start using it unless they find it attractive.
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:52:24 PM

I think it should be best to start with the terminology first, if you can write it, do it, but it would be best to do a video of it.No need to give them the list of shops and exchanges that accepts bitcoin, they will learn them as they start to use bitcoin, just give them a couple of those sites
Terminology or concepts are not a big issue, when you start using bitcoins. But altogether is always a problem. We need to teach them time to time when they practically facing the requirements. Because, studying about bitcoin will make them boring and which might lead to leaving off bitcoin ecosystem completely.
Yes, we need to be very much careful that the new bitcoins aspirant  not getting boring when learning bitcoins system.  The practical approach must be very good idea which will not make anyone boring.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:26:17 PM

Teaching someone about something new is not easy at all as it requires lots of efforts and there is no guarantee that they will start using it unless they find it attractive.
And that's why we need to make the teaching itself interesting so people can be interested at using bitcoin Wink
Just imagine it this way, let's say you are reading a book about astronomy the book is just filled with texts and without or minimal picture in it
Most people would probably either burn that book or stop reading half way Tongue
But, if we teach them using another media like this youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rHUDWjR5gg
It can make everyone interested on Astronomy Smiley

There's nothing we can't learn, we just need the right thing to do it Wink
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:06:58 PM

I will prefer to teach them once, I will never keep on forcing them to adapt bitcoin, if they don't want its their choice I really don't have time to keep on running behind them why would I waste my time and energy behind them.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:31:45 PM

1. It’s money, but on the Internet!
The easiest way to explain it is by referring to Bitcoin as “Internet money” that has no physical state, and every transaction is processed using an Internet connection.

2. You are your own bank.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that does not require keeping your funds in a bank account. Your Bitcoins are kept securely in a wallet stored on your computer, however, there are also online wallets that are more secure that do not require downloading.

3. The future is now!
An average Bitcoin enthusiast would explain Bitcoin with the freedom of transaction and anonymity in a currency. Want to go to a different country without ridiculous travel fees? Bitcoin allows you to do so. Annoyed with having to keep track of endless debit/ credit cards? With Bitcoin all you need to remember is your wallet password.

4. Give your friends paper wallets.
More of an ideal way to introduce friends into Bitcoin is by making them figure it out alone. You could hand out paper wallets containing a simple dollar or two with a few easy to understand instructions on where/ how they can use Bitcoin. Watching them be the person to ask every store if they accept Bitcoin or not would be better for a change.
Dajackal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:37:24 PM

1. It’s money, but on the Internet!
The easiest way to explain it is by referring to Bitcoin as “Internet money” that has no physical state, and every transaction is processed using an Internet connection.

2. You are your own bank.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that does not require keeping your funds in a bank account. Your Bitcoins are kept securely in a wallet stored on your computer, however, there are also online wallets that are more secure that do not require downloading.

3. The future is now!
An average Bitcoin enthusiast would explain Bitcoin with the freedom of transaction and anonymity in a currency. Want to go to a different country without ridiculous travel fees? Bitcoin allows you to do so. Annoyed with having to keep track of endless debit/ credit cards? With Bitcoin all you need to remember is your wallet password.

4. Give your friends paper wallets.
More of an ideal way to introduce friends into Bitcoin is by making them figure it out alone. You could hand out paper wallets containing a simple dollar or two with a few easy to understand instructions on where/ how they can use Bitcoin. Watching them be the person to ask every store if they accept Bitcoin or not would be better for a change.

Good explanation I would add a bit to it. Bitcoin is secured cryptographically and is not controlled by a central entity.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:39:56 PM

How to teach someone about Bitcoin

For somebody to learn something, they should be interested. I make people people interested with bitcoin by showing them my earnings and telling them that it is not hard to do. A lot of people are in front of their screens right now doing nothing but social media. I encourage my friends to join this forum. Once they are interested, I will teach those who are interested and ditch those who are not. Most of bitcoin stuffs are self-explanatory so my friends who has interest in bitcoin does not encounter much problems adapting here in the bitcoin world.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:06:54 PM

For us, true Bitcoin fanatics, explaining Bitcoin to the friends can be challenging and often as effective as talking to a wall.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: