Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:37:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach someone about Bitcoin  (Read 58719 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:32:39 PM

Send them video tutorial.  Smiley

Do that to me and I might ignore it. There are people who send videos that have some virus in it. Better to be there with him or her physically then teach him personally on how it is. Show the video yourself and explain some.

Well, you can simply advice people to search on youtube for Bitcoin and what is Bitcoin and then they will get tons of informational videos. To people close to you you can explain them everything 1 on 1 but others must at least take the time and effort to do some research themselves.

I guess that is the way I also want to describe it. But you cannot just send some video links to people that are just in your contacts because of different talks. Relatives and friends could understand but others are still not open to it. But trying is better than not doing anything.
18xk5oT2rLrAc24SL96XT14BX

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:35:59 PM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?
[/quote]
the best method to teach someone about Bitcoin is offering him some coins and then asking him to own a wallet if he haven't one, and then explaining how it works this powerful crypto currency for him
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:26:01 AM

There are multiple options that can be done and I think the best option its to fist explain it by yourself and than later on let them see video with explains of the bitcoin.
I thought to tell him in person and taught him directly would be better than using video. of course they will be more familiar with what you told us. but the problem is on time you can not serve everyon and teach everyone about bitcoin?
Surely you have other activities right?
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:46:41 AM

There are multiple options that can be done and I think the best option its to fist explain it by yourself and than later on let them see video with explains of the bitcoin.
I thought to tell him in person and taught him directly would be better than using video. of course they will be more familiar with what you told us. but the problem is on time you can not serve everyon and teach everyone about bitcoin?

Bitcoin teach someone could do in his spare time. As I teach my friends, I just tell the bitcoin we can get the money. Then he asked many questions and finally until now he is still using bitcoin.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:05:57 AM

Bitcoin teach someone could do in his spare time. As I teach my friends, I just tell the bitcoin we can get the money. Then he asked many questions and finally until now he is still using bitcoin.

This is really good i appreciate that because how you explained i don't now but you friend is started to using this bitcoin means he understood that what you explained. This is really very tough task to explain what is bitcoin i tried this to my own brother i explained in many different ways i showed bitcoin discussion forum and some videos in youtube i said that we can make money lot here with out more risk but in the end he asked me again same question i got what is bitcoin actually i am tired and smiled that's it what i have to do tell me.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:08:33 AM

Money is the factor that can attract many new users to join the party as everyone wants to earn some extra money which can improve their standard of living.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:33:17 AM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?
The best way that I would do it is to introduce them to this forum and advise them to ask all their questions to us. They will get the answers straight away and you have barely done anything!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Then another +1 to the population of people asking crazy questions in this forum. Why don't you give him a background about bitcoin, atleast, instead of just saying "Visit bctalk forum and ask all your questions to the people there.". Is that how you teach someone? By saying that ask another person their question?

If he has a background about bitcoin then he will be able to understand some stuffs in this forum. Otherwise, he'll just end up making a new account, and make a new thread asking newbie stuffs when you can just personally teach him the basics.

Its better to ask them to sit beside  your laptop and show them how you work, try to show them practical and real life examples how they can also start earning money from it.

I have tried that, but that method is too much slow I also told them the way how to earn on different ways from internet, I think the best thing will be that whenever a person need some money for his/her use we should have to give hm/her some bitcoin and after that they will withdraw them for themselves or will tell them that how they can use these bitcoins online for any purchase.
Imoote

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:13:19 AM

Money is the factor that can attract many new users to join the party as everyone wants to earn some extra money which can improve their standard of living.
Yes true because money is the need for everyone, if we are communicating with bitcoin we can get money easily for sure they will be interested. And I'm sure there will be questions that make them curious.
Leonius

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 10:18:51 AM

You can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink so they say. I think people new to bitcoin need little parts of information and then plenty of time to work it out for themselves. If you try and force people to wake up they dont like it and reject it.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:22:50 AM

Yes true because money is the need for everyone, if we are communicating with bitcoin we can get money easily for sure they will be interested. And I'm sure there will be questions that make them curious.

Yes everyone wants additional income which can take care of extra expenses so primary thing you need to tell them is that they can earn money with it.
Imoote

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:25:00 AM

Yes everyone wants additional income which can take care of extra expenses so primary thing you need to tell them is that they can earn money with it.
Yes very true average people using bitcoin definitely want to get the money. So by communicating with bitcoin we can get the money he would be interested and curious. Maybe if they needed they would try and be different if they did not need would have been difficult for him.
killer5

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:32:15 AM

Its just teach them 1st of all what is bitcoin and what price it holds? and what can we do with bitcoin? how can we trade them? how can we exchange them? how is bitcoin mining done? how can we earn bitcoin? how gambling is done? how transactions are made? bitcointalk.org provides detailed information about bitcoin for beginers, may be the just can go through this forum.

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:40:22 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 07:19:21 AM by ardenyham

Send them video tutorial.  Smiley

Do that to me and I might ignore it. There are people who send videos that have some virus in it. Better to be there with him or her physically then teach him personally on how it is. Show the video yourself and explain some.
Nice option to teach through You tube Smiley
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:58:43 AM

Give some bitcoin related movies YouTube videos and bitcoin tutorials, people interested can easily learn about bitcoin.
louisLavery

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:09:32 PM

I think this is the best analogy I've seen [1] (sorry if it's already been posted in this thread).

[1] http://www.ybrikman.com/writing/2014/04/24/bitcoin-by-analogy/
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:14:29 PM

Give some bitcoin related movies YouTube videos and bitcoin tutorials, people interested can easily learn about bitcoin.

I think videos should be simple focusing on the basic things of bitcoin if videos are too technical then I think it will complicate them and also confuse them.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 01:15:30 PM

Yes, movies and video are the best source to teach about bitcoins. The reason is that it videos keep you more interested in the topic as compared to only audio. So i will go for youtube Videos to teach about bitcoins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:30:23 PM

i think that you should tell what bitcoin is, how it is mined, so person would understand how it works, then you should create wallet or him and gift/send some money to him

and i think then you should tell him how safe it is to use bitcoins, and how fast and easy is to send money to someone, i think that he should like it as all my friends likes bitcoins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:34:32 PM

I think showing them how to earn money with bitcoin can motivate them to get into the world of bitcoin, as everyone needs extra money which can take care of their extra expenses.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 06:25:45 PM

I think need to show how to and also explain to student how it's working on practice. Practice and mistakes is the best teachers, any theory require practice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: