Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach someone about Bitcoin  (Read 58719 times)
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:07:14 PM

If a person in desperate need of money and if he don't have any other source of income then he will adapt using bitcoin on the spot, as everyone needs money for living.

Exactly and agree.

No need for long and elaborated further teaching all the basics of bitcoin if the person really wants to engaged in bitcoin world. And yes people that like to have some another source of income will really wants the idea of entering this kind of cryptocurrency.

Yes and an individual who is having good job and paying descent salary will not entertain bitcoin much as they won't be able to spend time to work on bitcoin.
If salary/incentives are offered in bitcoins, I doubt anyone would not use it then. It's not about time as many full-time employees trade in forex and stock market as well. It doesn't require one too much time to trade and just 30 mins per day is enough to buy/sell bitcoins. They just need to know the basics of trading.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

Well I would just let them look at a youtube video from it and they will most likely already understand it in the most cases.
I already did it once.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:11:27 PM

Well I would just let them look at a youtube video from it and they will most likely already understand it in the most cases.
I already did it once.

But you need to make sure that the videos are not too complicated which focuses on technical aspects of bitcoin, or else they will get confused and will result in negative outcome.

elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:04:50 AM

When I teach my friend about bitcoin, I just explained it plainly that bitcoin is an online currency that has a value ranging $400-460.
And then he use bitcoin for buying things through it, but he its to exchange it first with bitcoin exchanging sites.

That is like just saying the price of it. It lacks the observation on how it can be profitable or what will I get with that. Your way will make people go away with just one sentence. I guess we really need something that will make them interested in it with just a short conversation.

it is an easy way to teach bitcoin to someone who is in need of something. they would be interested in and learn about bitcoin.
I have taught bitcoin to some of my friends who are in need of money, and they eventually want to learn about bitcoin and this time they were quite good in trade.

If a person in desperate need of money and if he don't have any other source of income then he will adapt using bitcoin on the spot, as everyone needs money for living.

that was my experience when I was first interested with bitcoin. do not have a job and some of my friends told me about bitcoin and finally until now bitcoin has always been my main income

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 812

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 03:47:22 AM

When I teach my friend about bitcoin, I just explained it plainly that bitcoin is an online currency that has a value ranging $400-460.
And then he use bitcoin for buying things through it, but he its to exchange it first with bitcoin exchanging sites.

That is like just saying the price of it. It lacks the observation on how it can be profitable or what will I get with that. Your way will make people go away with just one sentence. I guess we really need something that will make them interested in it with just a short conversation.

it is an easy way to teach bitcoin to someone who is in need of something. they would be interested in and learn about bitcoin.
I have taught bitcoin to some of my friends who are in need of money, and they eventually want to learn about bitcoin and this time they were quite good in trade.

that was my experience when I was first interested with bitcoin. do not have a job and some of my friends told me about bitcoin and finally until now bitcoin has always been my main income

Probably yes  my very first time in bitcoin is i try faucet  and it was my training ground and i get bored so i find another ways to earn, but when im teaching someone i really teach them first on faucet so that i can tell them that getting bitcoin is not easy, and when they have little knowledge i will introduce tradiNgs to them for level up learnings and teach the possible way to earn so they can avoid lose

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:28:37 AM

Avoid to loose always its impossible
you can reduce thw risks.I would let they try faaucet after make their adress.I would then send some money into the adress ,and later the ways to earn bitcoins.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 07:31:11 AM

It may have become slightly easier to teach people now.

I don't know any wallets that have implemented it yet, but I read about a new BIP, 75 I believe, which demonstrates a way to make addresses look more like a web addy, something really simple like these.are.mycoins or whatever, and that'd be mapped to a normal string through an earlier BIP version.

One of the big problems has long been people looking at a wallet address and giving up there and then, because they have a serious "what the f**k" moment.

Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 08:15:38 AM

Well for me first you should explain how bitcoin works and how to have it and where you can hold it.. and teach him how to convert bitcoin in to real money.. if they see that bitcoin is money i think it would be interested..

Agreed. and after all that refer him to this bitcointalk forum. here he/she can learn everything about bitcoin. he can contribute bitcoin by buying selling it. and even he can earn money also by joining a good signature campaign. so this forum is first place to learn about bitcoin for a newbie.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:18:01 AM

i think tell first how money inflation and deflation like a sales talk then go to basic pay per post and enrolling.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:23:10 AM

What I'd do to a friend is ask him if he still pays his bills the traditional way, waiting for his turn in a long queue for minutes. I'd tell him that he could do that and more at the convenience of his own home using only his mobile phone. And he can do that anytime that is convenient to him.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:45:26 AM

Well for me first you should explain how bitcoin works and how to have it and where you can hold it.. and teach him how to convert bitcoin in to real money.. if they see that bitcoin is money i think it would be interested..
The first course is to know how to let her know about what goes of bitcoin. then maybe you could say that bitcoin could be more than just real money mate. and you can also tell your friends. that they can take profit of bitcoin?
I can say that he would be interested
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:08:23 AM

The first course is to know how to let her know about what goes of bitcoin. then maybe you could say that bitcoin could be more than just real money mate. and you can also tell your friends. that they can take profit of bitcoin?

I don't have any doubt with you , the important thing is what bitcoin can give them profit or not. They will getting start to interest with bitcoin if they think that bitcoin will make some advantages for them.
 Yeah mate my conclusion is don't forget to say how profitable bitcoin and what the advantage of bitcoin that we can receive.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:52:51 AM

I don't have any doubt with you , the important thing is what bitcoin can give them profit or not. They will getting start to interest with bitcoin if they think that bitcoin will make some advantages for them.
 Yeah mate my conclusion is don't forget to say how profitable bitcoin and what the advantage of bitcoin that we can receive.
Yes really explain the advantages bitcoin is very necessary for us to explain to them that they are interested. And I think bitcoin would have been very beneficial if used and used properly.
elyas772

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:56:14 PM

Probably yes  my very first time in bitcoin is i try faucet  and it was my training ground and i get bored so i find another ways to earn, but when im teaching someone i really teach them first on faucet so that i can tell them that getting bitcoin is not easy, and when they have little knowledge i will introduce tradiNgs to them for level up learnings and teach the possible way to earn so they can avoid lose

You can teach them in a way that is easier, as the signature campaign. maybe they'll like it. because to teach trading, it was very difficult for me.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:06:19 PM

You can teach someone about bitcoin by showing them some videos about it. But it is the laziest way to teach someone. You did not actually teach them, you just showed them some educational video. The video taught them, not you.

So for me, teaching someone about bitcoin should be a one-on-one process and not should be done by someone else except you.You have to guide that person until he reach the level that you are on. Guide that person until you have almost the same knowledge about bitcoin. After that, you can let him explore the bitcoin world.

Although before you can do all of this, you have to make sure that he is really interested about bitcoin. Otherwise, don't waste time pushing him onto doing something he doesn't want to do.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:24:54 PM

Send them a bitcoin tip. While they scramble to figure out how to spend it, they will learn more about its usefulness. I wouldn't suggest wallet clients to the uninitiated, it's too easy to get in trouble with the fees. I suggest coinbase as a go to because they have enterprise grade security, and insurance. In my opnion, that something even that banks don't have.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:16:09 PM

Send them a bitcoin tip. While they scramble to figure out how to spend it, they will learn more about its usefulness. I wouldn't suggest wallet clients to the uninitiated, it's too easy to get in trouble with the fees. I suggest coinbase as a go to because they have enterprise grade security, and insurance. In my opnion, that something even that banks don't have.

Tips are not working that well imo.Often the people forget it after a while, have deinstalled the wallet or whatever.
The thing is you can only teach people who are interested in Bitcoin.Then a demonstration makes sense of course.
Anything else is wasted time imo.Don't push people!That's the most important.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:48:15 PM

Tips are not working that well imo.Often the people forget it after a while, have deinstalled the wallet or whatever.
The thing is you can only teach people who are interested in Bitcoin.Then a demonstration makes sense of course.
Anything else is wasted time imo.Don't push people!That's the most important.

Try to teach those people who are not satisfied with their jobs, or not satisfied with the salary, if they find there is any  scope for extra earnings, they will switch to bitcoin for  sure.

Farma
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1001

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:03:21 PM

I think the easiest way is introducing Bitcoin by explaining to them how you can get some extra money by freelancing and getting paid in BTC; at least I have got two friends interested on BTC using that technique. To begin they set up a web wallet (like Coinbase), but as they get interested they start to research by themselves and you can introduce some additional concepts to them with more ease.

If you try to start presenting all the technical stuff of Bitcoin, you are more likely to scare them away. Unless they are some sort of Math or Engineering geeks.
true, they would be interested if it's a matter of money, especially if they are unemployed they will definitely really interested. but they probably will not believe it until you show proof.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:32:30 PM

I think the easiest way is introducing Bitcoin by explaining to them how you can get some extra money by freelancing and getting paid in BTC; at least I have got two friends interested on BTC using that technique. To begin they set up a web wallet (like Coinbase), but as they get interested they start to research by themselves and you can introduce some additional concepts to them with more ease.

If you try to start presenting all the technical stuff of Bitcoin, you are more likely to scare them away. Unless they are some sort of Math or Engineering geeks.
true, they would be interested if it's a matter of money, especially if they are unemployed they will definitely really interested. but they probably will not believe it until you show proof.

You need to make sit beside you and show them how you work on signature campaign and you should also show them the proof of payouts that will help them to have more faith in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: