Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin?  (Read 42088 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:27:45 PM

I don't think gold is better than Bitcoin because they can serve different purposes and be more or less useful depending on the circumstances. Gold has a long-standing stable value and can be used also in the form of jewelries as a sign of wealth. Bitcoin on the other hand has a very volatile price, can be stored digitally so it doesn't need special security measures unlike gold and can be sent to any destination in the world for almost no fees. So a financial institution or a very wealthy individual may choose gold to invest their money into and another smaller company may choose to conduct business with Bitcoin and profit off it price spikes so both have their utility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:31:24 PM

A lot of people still have trust in the Gold. Also gold is there for so many decades. But i think Bitcoin will win in the future.
lots of people still have trust in the Gold because gold deserve to be trust and to be collect.. bitcoin is similar to gold because of its price and quality. but bitcoin is better because it is a decentralized currency and more accessible.
Well, I also feel like it. I think that the current bitcoin is still better compared to gold, because the price of bitcoin which tend to rise and fall, so very many people who take advantage of it to be used as additional income, and gold can not be like that
Gold is more a store of wealth by the majority of its holders.

Bitcoin is also a great store of wealth, but traditional investors find Bitcoin too volatile and thus keep their money in Gold.
bitcoin is fluctuative and it's not worth for saving any of your cents if you're not going to expect a rise/falling price,gold is better for saving, the price always grow up
That not true, price of gold could be down sometimes
But i do agree that gold is better than bitcoin in saving because gold is solid and bitcoin are virtual
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:57:35 PM

A lot of people still have trust in the Gold. Also gold is there for so many decades. But i think Bitcoin will win in the future.
lots of people still have trust in the Gold because gold deserve to be trust and to be collect.. bitcoin is similar to gold because of its price and quality. but bitcoin is better because it is a decentralized currency and more accessible.
Well, I also feel like it. I think that the current bitcoin is still better compared to gold, because the price of bitcoin which tend to rise and fall, so very many people who take advantage of it to be used as additional income, and gold can not be like that

Bitcoin is also a great store of wealth, but traditional investors find Bitcoin too volatile and thus keep their money in Gold.
bitcoin is fluctuative and it's not worth for saving any of your cents if you're not going to expect a rise/falling price,gold is better for saving, the price always grow up
But i do agree that gold is better than bitcoin in saving because gold is solid and bitcoin are virtual
No mate the price of bitcoin will fall sometimes but don't be worried hold on your coins and sure price will go high within limited period at that moment you can get big amount as profits but with gold as for years it remains the same.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:59:09 PM

Gold is better than bitcoin if you are trying to make a watch.  Especially if it is a gold watch you are trying to make - then bitcoin is for shit.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:59:38 PM

No mate the price of bitcoin will fall sometimes but don't be worried hold on your coins and sure price will go high within limited period at that moment you can get big amount as profits but with gold as for years it remains the same.
It all comes down to the movement of the markets. Technically and historically speaking, the value will go up due to more people investing and the effect of inflation. The halving is also coming up, and that should affect the value.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:16:30 PM

Gold is better than bitcoin if you are trying to make a watch.  Especially if it is a gold watch you are trying to make - then bitcoin is for shit.
I agree that it's a matter of price. gold prices will probably always increases during the golden age increases, it is an investment that is sure, and quite different from the bitcoin, and I think gold still has the superior aspect of the bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 05:04:27 AM

No Sir, Gold is better but not comparison with Bitcoin, because bitcoin is a currency, you can earn bitcoin easily and use bitcoin easily. its mean everyone can earn it and use it and get profit, but if you talk about GOLD, so not everyone can earn from gold, because it is a difficult field, only few people can do it and get profit from gold. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:13:17 AM

No Sir, Gold is better but not comparison with Bitcoin, because bitcoin is a currency, you can earn bitcoin easily and use bitcoin easily. its mean everyone can earn it and use it and get profit, but if you talk about GOLD, so not everyone can earn from gold, because it is a difficult field, only few people can do it and get profit from gold. 

Go through various investment relating to gold. As we has got the access to invest even the very small portion of bitcoin. Gold too has got the availability, but big profits can be earned through gold only if the world market is in the rise.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:31:17 AM

your article is very helpful this will helps me a lot. Cool

yes it is helpful but it is difficult to get profit from Gold if you are jeweler than you can get profit very easy, but the salary person can't get profit from gold. instead of this bitcoin is easy field everyone like business man and salary person both can use it and invest it and get profit.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:38:49 AM

Both of them is good long investment tools, gold has been around longer than bitcoin so gold has a good reputation becoming a better investment, bitcoin itself also is a good investment but it still need time to prove the existence
Drekavac

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:29:53 PM

BItcoin is different kind of goods, digital goods and this is something completely new, and as such can become even more valuable because people actually recognizing this. But yet will pass many years when btc get even close to gold.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:34:17 PM

BItcoin is different kind of goods, digital goods and this is something completely new, and as such can become even more valuable because people actually recognizing this. But yet will pass many years when btc get even close to gold.
BTC isn't valued in the same way gold is partially because the production costs aren't the same, and you can mine Bitcoin for far cheaper than you can mine for gold.

The lack of investors in Bitcoin when compared to gold is also a fairly influencing factor with the price, and could be why it is lower than gold at this point.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:22:52 PM

You cant say that gold is better than Bitcoin but what you can say is that Bitcoin will be better in the future because the world is getting more digital and that is nice for Bitcoin.
Because Bitcoin is online money you can see that there are a lot of people that is using now Bitcoin because it works easily and that is quite nice for the world also.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:48:15 PM

Both of them is good long investment tools, gold has been around longer than bitcoin so gold has a good reputation becoming a better investment, bitcoin itself also is a good investment but it still need time to prove the existence

I can see the bitcoin potential that will beat gold in the future. As we can see that many big company already use bitcoin for their transaction.
Also bitcoin spending far easier rather than you're using gold !
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:00:08 PM

Gold is good to invest in but I consider bitcoin because with bitcoin you can earn it pretty fast and easy, its very profitable on a short term.
I think gold is good but not better instantly, because you have to hold it for a long term.

maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:26:56 PM

i think is yes, because for me gold is more stable than bitcoin. the rate of gold when down is not too much, and when is high, the rate gets fly too
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:37:32 PM

Its hard for me to compare bitcoins and gold. Gold is old and and can be used for many different things. Bitcoin is young and still need to prove it self.
I don't like gold so much, I don't own any and I don't use it. Bitcoin is my choice, I like it more then gold. I use bitcoins and I have fun with btc.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitFomo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:45:52 PM

Buy gold with bitcoin and earn bitcoin as the price of gold increases.  Grin Link below.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:15:44 AM

Gold and Bitcoin both did very well this weekend.  Gold was up some 4%, which is not a bad gain at all for a week.

Bitcoin was up about 1%.

Both are good holdings.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:54:53 AM

i think is yes, because for me gold is more stable than bitcoin. the rate of gold when down is not too much, and when is high, the rate gets fly too

I think gold move on either side quite slow and study. I don't think while going up, it goes up in super fast way. Gold is a very good investment and it will help when all other financial systems are not doing good. It is considered as a safe haven to invest money during economy trouble time. But at the same time bitcoin also good some good advantages from its price movements so I will put some money in bitcoins to take that price volatility advantage to make some quick profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: