Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:50:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin?  (Read 42096 times)
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:49:17 PM

Gold and Bitcoin are different in many respects. Gold is physical, Bitcoin is digital..Gold relies on banks for safekeeping and payments, Bitcoin is stored on a computer and tracks payments with a distributed, public ledger. Gold is vulnerable to robbers, while Bitcoin is vulnerable to hackers. The list goes on and on.I think both are better in their place...This question does not have an easy answer.

The question is what is better as investment? Gold or Bitcoin. I think that gold is much better in this case and also much safety.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:53:25 PM

Gold and Bitcoin both have promising future and trading them could be profitable in long term run. Personally i trade Bitcoin but trading gold is profitable too in my opinion.
Yes. To secure our future we must invest into some stable and more trusted options. Bitcoin would be the highly profitable type of investment than gold till all the bitcoin will be mined out. So, for the next to hundred years, bitcoin will dominate gold to attract new investors.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:07:47 PM

Gold and Bitcoin are different in many respects. Gold is physical, Bitcoin is digital..Gold relies on banks for safekeeping and payments, Bitcoin is stored on a computer and tracks payments with a distributed, public ledger. Gold is vulnerable to robbers, while Bitcoin is vulnerable to hackers. The list goes on and on.I think both are better in their place...This question does not have an easy answer.

The question is what is better as investment? Gold or Bitcoin. I think that gold is much better in this case and also much safety.

Yeah if you are looking for stable profits then you should  invest your money in gold but if you want to earn it quick then bitcoin is  the key to success.
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:21:23 PM

Yeah if you are looking for stable profits then you should  invest your money in gold but if you want to earn it quick then bitcoin is  the key to success.

Indeed the point is if you invest in the bitcoin you will make much more profit on a relative short term than when you invest in the gold and because of that I consider bitcoin better.
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:23:27 PM

Depends what you mean by better, gold is a physical, tangible, rare metal, bitcoin is a unique cryptographic record and a unit of account, with value because people think it has value due to it being a store of wealth and a unit of exchange. Bitcoin is akin to cash in that way, only bitcoin isnt controlled by banks but by the people as a unit of account. Gold is a physical, tangible metal, gold is a 'safer' one but both are good as a wealth store. Gold is the 'safer' one and it is something physical that will remain. Bitcoin was intended to be a unit of account
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:30:48 PM

Indeed the point is if you invest in the bitcoin you will make much more profit on a relative short term than when you invest in the gold and because of that I consider bitcoin better.
Both are good as an investment and now its upto you how you view it, if you hold both of them for a longer term then you can surely earn some profits from it.
BombayChicken

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Both are good as an investment and now its upto you how you view it, if you hold both of them for a longer term then you can surely earn some profits from it.

As an investment I prefer bitcoin less then gold, since gold will and can hold it's value better. But in investments you need to diversify which is why part of my money is investing in gold and another part into bitcoin. Both make an excelling combination.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:14:01 PM

Despite today's selloff in gold, I think the question which is better - gold or Bitcoin - is not really important, because both are significantly better than fiat. The wise man combines something traditional and physical (gold) with something innovative and virtual (Bitcoin). Gold and Bitcoin should not be seen as competitors. Conceptually, they have a lot in common and complement each other, because they mitigate each others risk.

But when talking about gold... let's not forget silver, which is historically very cheap compared to gold right now...

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:22:17 PM

Despite today's selloff in gold, I think the question which is better - gold or Bitcoin - is not really important, because both are significantly better than fiat. The wise man combines something traditional and physical (gold) with something innovative and virtual (Bitcoin). Gold and Bitcoin should not be seen as competitors. Conceptually, they have a lot in common and complement each other, because they mitigate each others risk.

But when talking about gold... let's not forget silver, which is historically very cheap compared to gold right now...

ya.ya.yo!

That;s what I am talk about it. It's about finding the right asset at the right moment. We all agree fiat and paypal are too plain, so when it comes down to potential and usabillity.. we are lucky to have bitcoin.

To me it's the main thing anyway.

Bing - Bang - Bong
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:04:08 PM

Gold's price has been rather slow in the past few days/weeks.  There is a real case to be made for taking a longer term view.

Dr. Antal Fekete (interviewed just below) is one of the world's top analysts re gold.  He also has very negative things to say about negative interest rates ("NIRP"), the below is a bit hard to churn through, but well worth it:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/a-global-war-against-gold-prof-antal-fekete/

(silverdoctors sells PMs, but is a handy aggregator of gold & silver news.)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:50:21 PM

Gold is more shiny than Bitcoin and weighs more.

MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:01:14 PM

of course because gold has a tangible form so they would be better gold is jewelry thats why gold sparkling.
different with bitcoin. bitcoin just digital dude ?
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:18:07 PM

of course because gold has a tangible form so they would be better gold is jewelry thats why gold sparkling.

I couldn't agree with you more. Gold will be always valuable since it has its tangible form, meaning that if gold is in your hand it will be safe from unexpected loss unlike with virtual objects like bitcoin, we don't know when will it last or we are not sure that it will not be prone from attacks, corruptions and breach.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:26:30 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. Gold will be always valuable since it has its tangible form, meaning that if gold is in your hand it will be safe from unexpected loss unlike with virtual objects like bitcoin, we don't know when will it last or we are not sure that it will not be prone from attacks, corruptions and breach.
Yes you're right,From the last centuries the value of gold is stable until now.From your post I think if we invest on gold we will gain more safety,stable value, and low risk level.It's why one of main purpose the developed countries is gold.because we know on other centuries gold can still survive until now.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:30:01 AM

Yes you're right,From the last centuries the value of gold is stable until now.From your post I think if we invest on gold we will gain more safety,stable value, and low risk level.It's why one of main purpose the developed countries is gold.because we know on other centuries gold can still survive until now.

Just have a look at various charts of Gold in the last years. There has been enough volatility throughout the years to make good profits from Gold. Even for short term traders.
Trance

Activity: 551

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:55:50 AM

Of course, if your power is out the Gold will be accessible and tangible. Nobody will even care to hear of BTC when there is no electricity, but by all other means, I consider them almost equal.

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:18:03 AM

But for the sake of investment both are considered as the same by a number of traders, no matter about its shape structure and other features of its existence, the traders only look into the efficient trading in them , and there they find bitcoin as more efficient and with bitcoin they earn daily while with gold they have to wait for years.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:11:07 PM

If you just want to keep something other than fiat that is stable, then gold is better. If you want to make some money and you are willing to take some risk, then Bitcoin is better.
But gold also will give you but which is very low, compared to the returns we can get from bitcoin.
For the store of value both bitcoin and gold both are very good in my view. But definitely bitcoin will give us more returns in short term of holding itself.
Right. Both gold and bitcoin are still the good investments. But, bitcoin would be the revolutionary modern investment, that will definitely outperform gold for a particular time of holding. Like many people here, I invest in both gold and bitcoin but more percentage into bitcoin.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:17:43 PM

Gold is good but I do not consider it better than the bitcoin because it will sometime take so long to make profit with the gold.
Withe the bitcoin you can simply just make money in a short term.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1164

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:45:27 PM

Gold and Bitcoin both have promising future and trading them could be profitable in long term run. Personally i trade Bitcoin but trading gold is profitable too in my opinion.
Yes. To secure our future we must invest into some stable and more trusted options. Bitcoin would be the highly profitable type of investment than gold till all the bitcoin will be mined out. So, for the next to hundred years, bitcoin will dominate gold to attract new investors.
Yes, even both gold and bitcoin are limited resources, bitcoin has known limit. So, the chances for price appreciation would be higher with bitcoin than gold. So it would be wise decision to invest into bitcoin than gold as per current trend.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: