Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin?  (Read 42093 times)
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:22:49 PM

Gold will always be better then the bitcoin and thats not because the bitcoin is new but that is because of the many gold users. Gold will always be there and i dont know if the bitcoin would be for ever here we will see in the future what he will do.

gold will always win the race in long run as there are many satisfied users of gold who have earned a lot profit in the past and they will invest in gold in future too.
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 04:22:51 PM

Although gold is physical, what makes me like bitcoin more is that it is digital.it is easy to transfer, although there are no refunds. I also like that it is relatively fast to transfer.

yes i'm with you,even bitcoin have non physical,its not mean bitcoin hard for using as investement,i believe poeple owdays more like to use digital things,and gold just used as investement,not currency,and bitcoin can used as both.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
OrangeII

Activity: 2114
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 04:56:59 PM

Although gold is physical, what makes me like bitcoin more is that it is digital.it is easy to transfer, although there are no refunds. I also like that it is relatively fast to transfer.

yes i'm with you,even bitcoin have non physical,its not mean bitcoin hard for using as investement,i believe poeple owdays more like to use digital things,and gold just used as investement,not currency,and bitcoin can used as both.
true, I also think that bitcoin is still better than gold. is currently the only gold can be used as an investment tool, but bitcoin could do better than that. I guess someday bitcoin going far beyond the development of gold

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:01:25 PM

Gold will always be better then the bitcoin and thats not because the bitcoin is new but that is because of the many gold users. Gold will always be there and i dont know if the bitcoin would be for ever here we will see in the future what he will do.

There are many gold users, is not because gold is more powerful than bitcoin but because gold is there from thousands of years so in that period everyone has heard about gold, you will see when a long age is passed there will be more people also on bitcoin as are on gold.

and if we remained with bitcoin and continued to support it, we will see bitcoin forever with us.
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:14:37 PM

If you are thinking about long run then gold is always better then bitcoin as we don't know how long bitcoin will survive, but gold will always take care of you.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:41:08 PM

Bitcoin is still new and I also doubt that it will last for more than 10 years. Gold has been the most preferred metal for traders and is considered an investment. We can also get instant loans on our gold while it's not so easy with bitcoins as this is the only forum that offers loans. Even trading is not easy in bitcoins compared to gold.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:53:28 PM

Gold can be used to make really expensive chocolate deserts. Try that with Bitcoin.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:14:49 PM

Notice how the most senior members tend to suggest gold as a safer value store for long term storage (self included)?

At this point, all these years after it has started, this is still a technology under development. Bitcoin is more of an investment than a value store, imo. As with all investments, please people, never invest more than you can afford to lose. Despite how improbable, we cannot predict the future. Protect your value.

Gold can be used to make really expensive chocolate deserts. Try that with Bitcoin.

Does a brownie with a paper wallet wrapped around it count?  Grin
mrpetfreak

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:26:46 PM

Notice how the most senior members tend to suggest gold as a safer value store for long term storage (self included)?

At this point, all these years after it has started, this is still a technology under development. Bitcoin is more of an investment than a value store, imo. As with all investments, please people, never invest more than you can afford to lose. Despite how improbable, we cannot predict the future. Protect your value.

http://www.callebaut.com/cms_files/N-8537-ukenImg2.jpg

Does a brownie with a paper wallet wrapped around it count?  Grin

Haha please do it and upload a picture on here  Cheesy

Okay back to topic.
I think both have their advantages and disadvantages. And both are definitly better to invest in than fiat. There will be a financial crash. Not sure when exactly but there will be one soon.
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:33:48 PM

Gold and bitcoin both are good but at this stage its really difficult to choose any one of them as both are performing will so enter at your own risk  Grin
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:40:59 AM

If we compare the price of gold and bitcoins, bitcoins have a higher value and there are more chances of earning double the amount with bitcoins which isn't possible with gold. Even if bitcoins don't last forever, we can say the same about gold when another metal may replace it and be more valuable. The price also doesn't increase in a day and it is not always profitable for gold investors.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:57:17 PM

If we compare the price of gold and bitcoins, bitcoins have a higher value and there are more chances of earning double the amount with bitcoins which isn't possible with gold. Even if bitcoins don't last forever, we can say the same about gold when another metal may replace it and be more valuable. The price also doesn't increase in a day and it is not always profitable for gold investors.
Gold is physical while bitcoin is virtual. For me, I like both as I own gold as an investment as well as bitcoins. While I need to pay taxes on gold, I do not need to pay taxes on bitcoins and my profit earned in more in the later which makes it better for me.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:46:07 PM

Gold is physical while bitcoin is virtual. For me, I like both as I own gold as an investment as well as bitcoins. While I need to pay taxes on gold, I do not need to pay taxes on bitcoins and my profit earned in more in the later which makes it better for me.

Bitcoin is the best at this stage and there is no doubt in it, gold is good buy earning profits from it can really take a very long time, bitcoin will make it short n simple.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:46:47 AM

Bitcoin is the best at this stage and there is no doubt in it, gold is good buy earning profits from it can really take a very long time, bitcoin will make it short n simple.

I also think the bitcoin is better these days because the profit you can make with it in a relative short time period makes it very attractable in my eyes.
brianlee01

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:01:18 AM

Bitcoin classified as investment Low-Risk, because the price of Bitcoin in the long term or short term always up. Although some time decreased. But based on data is the price of Bitcoin always above average.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:22:11 AM

I also think the bitcoin is better these days because the profit you can make with it in a relative short time period makes it very attractable in my eyes.

Some centuries gold is alive until now, anyway, gold can survive every time with stable value. Well, what happen if Bitcoin has a rival, does Bitcoin can survive? We can't compare gold with bitcoin because gold and bitcoin have a different way, and factor can make gold and bitcoin can survive until now.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Skylake

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:30:05 AM

give him bitcoin RING + paper wallet inside on your love letter Smiley  Wink Kiss
http://image.prntscr.com/image/05badb36c56049c7aef38e75f03ec4dc.jpg

Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

Bitcoin classified as investment Low-Risk, because the price of Bitcoin in the long term or short term always up. Although some time decreased. But based on data is the price of Bitcoin always above average.
We can't really classify bitcoin as a low-risk type of investment because of the price volatility. But that is to be expected since bitcoin is still in its developmental stage and people in general are still not aware of it, compared to gold which has been there and has a stable price, and serves as back up to most currencies. Maybe time will come that bitcoin will be as valuable as gold, much to the delight of us bitcoin owners.
biggbox

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:38:23 AM

Price volatility items cannot be considered as low-risk investment. Smiley

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:59:00 AM

We can't really classify bitcoin as a low-risk type of investment because of the price volatility. But that is to be expected since bitcoin is still in its developmental stage and people in general are still not aware of it, compared to gold which has been there and has a stable price, and serves as back up to most currencies. Maybe time will come that bitcoin will be as valuable as gold, much to the delight of us bitcoin owners.

well, every investment has its own risks, you have to do some research first before investment and find out how big those risks are by making an assessment of the situation. and bitcoin is getting past the developing stage and it has established some kind of bottom price now.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: