Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:31:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin?  (Read 42096 times)
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 09:20:27 AM

It actually depends on the people.
Gold is better if you want to have a secure investment. 
However, bitcoin is also good. You just need a large capital and try to invest in it. Hold them all and wait til the price go so high before you sell them.

If you have a large capital in bitcoins then you don't need to hold them all for a long term to earn some profits with them but you can earn that profit in less time with trading, just read and learn the basics of trading and start.
And you are right that gold is more secure than bitcoin.
and where can i read and learn the basics of trading? do i have invest time? some people do not have the time and just want to put their money somewhere and collect the earnings in months/years.

No, people who wants to make profits from trading will surely invest their time in learning it as no one will invest their money blindly in something they really don't know and if they does then it will bring only loss for them.
i very strongly disagree. why do you think there are so many financial advisers (or something else with a fancy name)? people do not want to understand money and how and where you make it. the want only an easy way to earn it.

There is no easy way to earn either money or bitcoins, you need to work hard if you want to earn descent amount of bitcoins and investing without knowledge is like gambling with your money.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 09:20:33 AM

Gold at this point of time is better than bitcoin as it is more acceptable for people. So in term of liquidity, gold is much better. As for bitcoin, i still have difficulties in changing fiats to btc and btc to fiats. The gap is quite huge and everytime i change, i will lose quite a percentage of the value.
shadobitz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 09:26:44 AM

BTC is better in ways. Technology advances really.

I also think bitcoin is more better than gold because it has very huge potential and chance to make secure the future, when we look at chart of the growth on last few years than it looking bitcoin is more stable and chance to get more high price.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 09:53:24 AM

BTC is better in ways. Technology advances really.

I also think bitcoin is more better than gold because it has very huge potential and chance to make secure the future, when we look at chart of the growth on last few years than it looking bitcoin is more stable and chance to get more high price.

Price of bitcoin will surely go higher in future and it can give best profits to us and it will be definitely higher then gold as gold is more stable in compare to bitcoins and it doesn't has abililty to skyrocket unlike bitcoins.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:13:51 PM

for now, i think people will choose gold rather than bitcoin but for us, we prefer with bitcoin and maybe among us there are people that choose both which is gold and bitcoin like me. i am choosing gold and bitcoin but for now i only have bitcoin and if i have more money, i will buy gold for another investment.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:52:19 PM

Gold and Bitcoin both have promising future and trading them could be profitable in long term run. Personally i trade Bitcoin but trading gold is profitable too in my opinion.

Trading gold is profitable indeed but never as profitable as bitcoin can be though so in a sense of which one if better for profit I'd pick bitcoin.
But there's ton of other stuff that gold excels at better than bitcoin does so..
True trading gold is really profitable but not profitable as bitcoin because in bitcoin you can earn ddaily here not like in gold after you sell it then you are nothing to do with it but if you are going to invest your bitcoin you can really make profit there and you can make such money in bitcoin.
Hedrilin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:16:37 PM

We are not comparing the practical application or use of gold... because even there, Bitcoin kicks ass. How much will it cost you to transfer say $ 1 000 000 000 worth of gold to another person anywhere

in the world. { The security and the physical transport } compared to how much the same value transfer will be if you use Bitcoin. If you do a paper transfer or a digital transfer, it would be much faster,

but, where are that gold? It is not your property until you took ownership of it. Can you walk up to these institutions and ask for your physical gold bars? The answer is NO. We have seen previous

occasions where private ownership of gold were banned too... So nothing is really safe, against any form of government control.  Roll Eyes
I dont think bitcoins are many times better than gold but what i do know is that gold will always hold his value you know and bitcoin can drop allot. And i dont think that gold will
fall that low so when you are receiving bitcoins you must be happy about it,
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

for now, i think people will choose gold rather than bitcoin but for us, we prefer with bitcoin and maybe among us there are people that choose both which is gold and bitcoin like me. i am choosing gold and bitcoin but for now i only have bitcoin and if i have more money, i will buy gold for another investment.
We should choose only that thing in which we have the knowedge and interest in it as well,so it will depend on persons choise.And for me i will choose only bitcoin because i have much interest in owning bitcoin rather than gold in which i have no interest and hence no experience as well.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:33:38 PM

I am a bitcoin lover of course but , i just can't compare bitcoin to a gold why? simply because gold was made in nature and i can really say that this is one of the most beautiful things created by the creator.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:41:07 PM

I believe gold is not better than Bitcoin but Bitcoin also not better than gold. Reason for this is like people pointed out they are both good for different goals.
So it all depends on which goals you have for some goals gold is better for some goals bitcoin will do you better.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:45:36 PM

I believe gold is not better than Bitcoin but Bitcoin also not better than gold. Reason for this is like people pointed out they are both good for different goals.
So it all depends on which goals you have for some goals gold is better for some goals bitcoin will do you better.

Both have their own advantages and disadvantages and it will depend on individual in what sense he wants to make money, if you are a safe player then you will choose gold or else bitcoin.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:49:16 PM

Both have their own advantages and disadvantages and it will depend on individual in what sense he wants to make money, if you are a safe player then you will choose gold or else bitcoin.

gold is for people always the safest option. especially because of the fact that a lot people see gold as some sort of safe haven. another important aspect for the average person is that with gold you own something physical. i quite often hear that they can't hold bitcoin in their hands, and thus it's not real money to them. very weird.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:03:43 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is much better as liquid financial asset, virtual currency, for fast and secure online payments.
Gold is long term financial instrument and safe way to protect wealth.
So, I don't think really that we can compare gold and Bitcoin.
People have very different reasons to use Bitcoin or to use Gold.
Don't confuse it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:05:52 PM

Gold is manipulated in the markets way more than Bitcoin.    Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:11:02 PM

gold is for people always the safest option. especially because of the fact that a lot people see gold as some sort of safe haven. another important aspect for the average person is that with gold you own something physical. i quite often hear that they can't hold bitcoin in their hands, and thus it's not real money to them. very weird.

Yeah people have more faith in something that they can hold physically and for the same reason they prefer to invest in bitcoin  and having gold is a status symbol and doesnt' goes same for the bitcoins.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:20:17 PM

so this makes gold better or worse than bitcoin? but seriously what do you mean? pump and dump or something? i always can decide if i want to buy or sell at a price. nobody is forcing me.

MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:13:29 PM

so this makes gold better or worse than bitcoin? but seriously what do you mean? pump and dump or something? i always can decide if i want to buy or sell at a price. nobody is forcing me.

Worse of course... Check about the Fort Knox, they say they have tons of gold however none can see this, neither the president  Roll Eyes So in this way they can control the price, if one day someone goes there and see no gold, can you imagine the caos?

Yes, the market forces you, you will sell/buy the the current price, neither more, neither less Wink
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 04:20:55 PM

However, bitcoin is also good. You just need a large capital and try to invest in it. Hold them all and wait til the price go so high before you sell them.

If you have a large capital in bitcoins then you don't need to hold them all for a long term to earn some profits with them but you can earn that profit in less time with trading, just read and learn the basics of trading and start.
I don't think gold is more secure than bitcoin. both are secure but we just need to protect them both with the terms of safety and security.
if we don't care of them then nothing of them could be save. thief are everywhere.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:50:06 PM

I don't think gold is more secure than bitcoin. both are secure but we just need to protect them both with the terms of safety and security.
if we don't care of them then nothing of them could be save. thief are everywhere.
Yes the security of both gold and bitcoin is in our hands.. if we can secured them as much as possible its always safe and no one can thieves it..
For gold i think there is  a good place to secured it there is a banks that can put your gold into safe place.. for bitcoins even we just increase our passphrase can increase our security plus adding 2 factor authentic is more secured and no one can hack it.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:01:54 PM

"Is gold better than Bitcoin? "

For me Bitcoin is better than gold.

Because if I invest in gold (jewelry) in my country and sale at a certain time (when price increases)
then I have to sale at a 20% less from the actual value. So I think that is a loss.
And 20% increase in value is very tough I think... Its slow.

But bitcoin is different for me. Because I found it more profitable.

I also sometimes wonder about the "existence" of bitcoin in future  Roll Eyes  Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: