Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow! I just paid my apartment rent with bitcoins!  (Read 5659 times)
candoo (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:41:58 AM

This is awesome! Bitcoin-24.com offers to withdraw €  to ANY Sepa bank account. I just "withdrawed" it to the bank account of my landlord. You can write down the "reference text" so you can pay anything with it.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:50:12 AM

d'oh

i thought your landlord was skilled in the art of wallet-juggling and took the btc directly Sad

disappointed
candoo (OP)

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:52:15 AM

d'oh

i thought your landlord was skilled in the art of wallet-juggling and took the btc directly Sad

disappointed

Gavin = satoshi

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:56:40 AM

disappointed
Patience.
Intermediate steps like this bring the day in which we don't need them anymore closer.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:28:52 AM

candoo, it seems that you are really promoting this website in several places on the forum.
Please state your involvement with it.  It sounds scammy.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:46:19 AM

candoo, it seems that you are really promoting this website in several places on the forum.

I call BS on this OP.

Another thing that makes this less believable is that you are claiming your landlord gave you their bank deposit information. This is the same information that would be needed to withdraw funds and the landlord isn't going to make a special account just for you to pay rent. I highly doubt your landlord just gave you an opportunity with which to steal everyone in your buildings rent one month. Roll Eyes

Moderators I think this one belongs in spam/off topic.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:31:05 PM

I call BS on this OP.
Moderators I think this one belongs in spam/off topic.

Personally, I think it's BS too.  OP made other claims that he 'made millions' trading on this website, yet he is also trading 7 euro HDMI wires etc. on this forum.  I don't know many millionaires that feel the need to put their time in small trades.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:43:52 PM

Bitcoin-24 isn't a scam site. It's a legitimate exchange and my preferred choice, due to the 0% trading fees and that the support is German.

Also, I don't think candoo is the owner of Bitcoin-24, unless he is a sockpuppet created 1 1/2 years ago with the purpose to promote a (in that time) not existing exchange.

I don't know what you are thinking, but candoos plan actually works, if you can state the reference in the € withdraw I pay my rent this way, too. Although my landlord would possibly check what is going on if he starts receiving my rent from a Polish account  Tongue

Don't be paranoid guys.

Also this:

d'oh

disappointed

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
candoo (OP)

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:29:49 PM

yeah NO ONE uses check in europe to pay anything! Everyone here does bank transfer like sepa.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:51:15 PM

Yeah, it's crazy in the US. When I do online banking, half the time the bank prints a paper check and puts it in the mail. WTF? This has cost me money on a few occasions.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 12:43:04 AM

It's a great time to be alive.  Smiley

FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 01:40:01 AM

your landlord gave you their bank deposit information. This is the same information that would be needed to withdraw funds

Someone can explain this for me please ? US rules ? Can't believe this !

For OP, legit or not i wish you good luck to get a new job

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128998.0

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 03:22:56 PM

your landlord gave you their bank deposit information. This is the same information that would be needed to withdraw funds

The US operates under some pretty bizarre banking principles. There's not really direct deposit, you simply give a company access to your bank account. And without direct deposit, there's no direct deposit guarantee so if something goes awry, it can be the devil of a time stopping it. Some people maintain multiple bank accounts for this reason.

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 04:19:59 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2013, 04:34:58 PM by Spaceman_Spiff

Bitcoin-24 isn't a scam site. It's a legitimate exchange and my preferred choice, due to the 0% trading fees and that the support is German.

Also, I don't think candoo is the owner of Bitcoin-24, unless he is a sockpuppet created 1 1/2 years ago with the purpose to promote a (in that time) not existing exchange.

Don't be paranoid guys.

Oh, ok.  How do they make money then if they have 0% fees?
EDIT: nvm, found it.  some fees on deposit and/or withdrawal.   If they are secure and legit, this sounds like a good deal.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 04:36:39 PM

Oh, ok.  How do they make money then if they have 0% fees?

I think only donations.

This one is not a money machine.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

The US operates under some pretty bizarre banking principles. There's not really direct deposit, you simply give a company access to your bank account. And without direct deposit, there's no direct deposit guarantee so if something goes awry, it can be the devil of a time stopping it. Some people maintain multiple bank accounts for this reason.
W..T..F..
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 05:08:00 PM

Waaait a minute.. what's the point of such bank account? Giving a company access to my account? What? Why? Now I think I get the huge number of alternative payment providers in US. Direct transfer ability between accounts is the only think preventing me from closing my bank account.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:48:10 PM

Ok, so I checked a little more on bitcoin-24.com and it seems that although they got hacked this winter and lost some coins, they repaid their customers, which is an honorable thing to do.
My apologies to Candoo and the bitcoin-24 people for false accusations.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:46:41 PM

Waaait a minute.. what's the point of such bank account? Giving a company access to my account? What? Why? Now I think I get the huge number of alternative payment providers in US. Direct transfer ability between accounts is the only think preventing me from closing my bank account.

For me, it's a money management thing. There's also debit cards, checks/cheques (for some weird reason, Americans seem to love these. Considering you have to pay for them and not the bank, I don't know why), online banking (some of which are direct transfers some of which just print and mail paper checks), cash machines and for receiving money,  direct deposit, cashiers checks (for when you don't want to carry large amounts of cash around)... There is no direct account-to-account available to the public (with my bank anyway) but this wasn't available in the UK when I left either. There's also no check guarantee cards so if you write a check at the grocery store, the person will take your driving license number and phone number. There's no chip and pin either, still regular old mag-stripe (though some cards do have RFID chips - look for the little logo. Though I have never seen these used *anywhere*)

The US consumer banking system, like its mobile network until recently, is antiquated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: