Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Bitmarket.eu-Thread: Who else did not get notified by bitmarket?  (Read 799 times)
Bitmarket.eu-victim0815 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:52:25 AM

Ok, newbies are not allowed to post in other sections of the board, so lets see, if there are other "newbies" at bitcointalk, that were scammed by bitmarket.eu. If you are a bitmarket.eu user and do not know what this is about, go and log in to your bitmarket account to see that all your bitcoins are gone (or 'on hold' or 'frozen' or whatever), and have a look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5441.720

Did any of you receive an e-mail by bitmarket to inform you of a) that they lost your coins b) the survey that has to be answered unit February 14th?

tl,dr: M4v3r, owner of bitmarket.eu "lost" all of the users's bitcoins. Now he is taking a survey, how users are willing to handle the situation. I did not receive any e-mail notification by bitmarket.eu. Did you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mralbi

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 03:44:02 PM

I was notified, I myself have 618 coins "frozen" which means basically "lost". The situation is pretty much messed up. I think everyone should have been informed about this by now? We are discussing a way forward what is the best solution....

Either liquidate the whole site or reopening with new ideas and improved service which would require some investments.

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:26:07 PM

Wow, 618 coins is really bad, my sympathy for you! I myself did not receive any e-mail, although of course my registered e-mail address is valid and read regularly. I find it highly unlikely that I should be the only person who did not get notified. So I am pretty sure that a lot of affected users who (like me) used bitmarket as a wallet or bank still do not know about what happened and that they are supposed to take the survey.

Due to bitcointalk-forum rules I cannot post in the other thread so maybe you can answer here? (Or maybe a Mod can release me from Newbie-restrictions, so we can talk in the appropriate thread Roll Eyes)

Is the poll on bitmarket.eu binding? For example what happens if I chose not to cooperate but the majority of voters chose to cooperate? Would that mean, that I would not receive any reimbursement? The other thing is, that the poll does not say which amount we would receive initially, if we chose to cooperate. Obviously it would be less than 30%.

I am very hesitant to cooperate because doing so seems like I would subsequently approve of Maciej's fraud Undecided
mralbi

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 04:59:15 PM

if you have no frozen coins you did not get an email i assume, but you should have received the link to the forum post some time ago. In case you actually HAVE frozen coins and did not get the email i would complain asap. In case the admin does not answer, just write me an email and i will take care of this.

The purpose of this questionnaire is some kind of screening on the willingness of people with frozen coins to accept a "better" solution than official liquidation where investors would reopen the site in order to pay back frozen coins. No matter what is the outcome of the questionnaire you are always free to start any kind of legal action against the admin.

But unless you have frozen coins i assume you cannot demand any coins back no matter how good your lawyer is ;-))))

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 08:00:29 AM

Roll Eyes Of course I have frozen coins, which is why I am interested in discussing the topic. Fortunately the amount is not even close to yours.

What I was trying to say: When I did not receive notification, probably others didn't as well. This also might explain the almost non-existent outrage about M4v3rs-fraud here on bitcointalk and across the internet. So it would be a good idea to re-send e-mails, just to make sure, all users with frozen coins get notified.

As I said, I still wouldn't have learned about the whole situation, if I hadn't logged into bitmarket account, to withdraw some coins. So from my point of view, it looks like M4v3r tries not to "wake sleeping lions".

I'm still not convinced, that M4v3r is not trying to avoid persecution by talking fraud-victims into cooperating and becoming "investors". Sure, I want to believe that he is a good guy who made a mistake. How could this friendly looking young man on the photograph be a scammer? Undecided Yes, he could have just ran off with all the coins, and yet here he still is under his M4v3r pseudonym, trying to "fix" things? On the other hand what do we have about him except for a pseudonym?

What did convince you to cooperate, mralbi?
mralbi

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 11:14:21 AM

OK you should have received an email then, i dont think this happened intentionally, can you log in to the website and see the questionnaire? (I will double check why)

Well, the reason that convinced me to cooperate are simple: I have 618 frozen coins and i would never see anything back if i do not cooperate. Liqidation process would not help at all and i dont want to pay more money to lawyers.

Now the admin is somehow "forced" to sell the site, so why not take the chance to become a partial owner and be able to make demands on how the site should be like in the future.

Also, i skyped with him in video and he is indeed noone who tries to hide and he is really willing to help cleaning up the mess.

So, i also would prefer to just get my frozen coins back, but it is simply not possible and any other means would not give you any more chances to get the coins back....

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 06:23:10 PM

OK you should have received an email then, i dont think this happened intentionally, can you log in to the website and see the questionnaire? (I will double check why)
Yes, when I log in, I see the questionaire.

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 10:03:51 AM

In the German subsection is another user who today was taken by surprise to see all his bitcoins frozen: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142132.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: