Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinWireless.com - 280 carriers in 112 countries, Bitcoin with no fees!  (Read 4572 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 05:37:30 PM

Hey All!

www.BitcoinWireless.com

We just rolled out the soft launch and looking for people to test and review for us!

As always, if your order fails and its our fault...the transfer is free!

Thanks,

Charlie and the team @ BitInstant

------

You can now pay your mobile phone bill with Bitcoins! If your carrier is listed, then the system is compatible with your network.

Step 1) Select your country, mobile carrier, and product.

Step 2) Enter your email address and mobile number (do not add area code).

Step 3) Hit Submit button and send specified Bitcoin amount to the Bitcoin address to pay.

After this, you’ll receive emails confirming your purchase, and you will likely need to follow some steps with your mobile carrier to complete the process.

IMPORTANT: Please ensure your carrier matches up exactly. For example, do not select "TracFone" if your plan is through Walmart's "Straight Talk." Also, if you have a Contract plan, please select Contract and not Prepaid or Pay As You Go. Certain carriers have problems with PIN-based top-up systems. If you encounter an issue with your carrier after you have paid, you'll need to call them directly.

Some comments and reviews here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/180alb/bitcoinwirelesscom_280_carriers_in_112_countries/

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:43:42 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2013, 06:01:12 PM by westkybitcoins

Just placed an order earlier this morning. The website looks nice, and while I would say it's a good service, I've yet to receive any confirmation emails past the first one; my phone has yet to be refilled as well. Payment has well over 6 confirmations at this point, but the order seems hung up on a status of "No response from mobile processor yet." It's Tracfone, for whatever that's worth.

This service is automated, right?

EDIT: Also, looking at come some of the Reddit comments, I agree it would be much better if you could give an estimated time of fulfillment upfront.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:57:58 PM

On Brazil, the service is very expensive. See:

Carrier: TIM Brazil
Product: TIM Brasil R$27 Recarrega
To complete your order:
Send 0.7992 to 13tEDaBihhtKmkYY71D2DBQ3dvLH8CYzTc

1 Dollar is = R$1.97
0.7992btc is = 17.98 USD
17.98 * 1.97 = R$35.42

Conclusion: I'm buying something of R$27 for R$35.42

Any chance to have better price?
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 07:19:20 PM

On Brazil, the service is very expensive. See:

Carrier: TIM Brazil
Product: TIM Brasil R$27 Recarrega
To complete your order:
Send 0.7992 to 13tEDaBihhtKmkYY71D2DBQ3dvLH8CYzTc

1 Dollar is = R$1.97
0.7992btc is = 17.98 USD
17.98 * 1.97 = R$35.42

Conclusion: I'm buying something of R$27 for R$35.42

Any chance to have better price?

Yes, it looks like our USD-BRL conversion is wrong, we will correct it.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

teste

Activity: 312

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 07:38:16 PM

Let us know when you fix it.

Thanks
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 08:03:37 PM

Hey All!

www.BitcoinWireless.com

We just rolled out the soft launch and looking for people to test and review for us!

As always, if your order fails and its our fault...the transfer is free!

Thanks,

Charlie and the team @ BitInstant

------

Nice, keep up the good work Charlie!

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

Wow that's nice! I'll try this for sure

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 12:02:44 AM

Wonderful!  I will be trying this soon.

oOoOo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 12:18:41 AM

That's great!

But why are european countries (besides Spain) missing?

oOo
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 12:22:44 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2013, 01:24:28 AM by Herodes

Great news. How's the coverage on major airports! Glad to see news like this!

Ah - I thought wireless meant wifi. I get it now, you can pay your phone bill! Smiley

Will it be available for Noway ? What are the fees ?
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 01:17:33 AM

Looks like the US H20 Wireless option needs a little refinement.

With H20, which has great prices and runs on the ATT network, there are (1) Month and (2) Minute plans. Credit bought between plans is not interchangeable. The Bitcoin Wireless page does not distinguish between them and only offers 'H20 $25 Recharge' and 'H20 $40 Recharge'.

The H20 Wireless page is not very helpful either. H20 Wireless customer service is horrible. And if you need to convert a Month plan to a Minute plan then you have to go through the Master Distributor of the Distributor you bought from (a complete nightmare). Thus, it is not possible to buy with complete confidence.

Consequently, I would recommend some special attention by the developer(s) to make sure H20 Wireless purchases are handled properly so buyers don't have to deal with H20 customer service. With Tangible Cryptography dropping H20 there is an unmet market demand.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 03:28:19 AM

Looks like the US H20 Wireless option needs a little refinement.

With H20, which has great prices and runs on the ATT network, there are (1) Month and (2) Minute plans. Credit bought between plans is not interchangeable. The Bitcoin Wireless page does not distinguish between them and only offers 'H20 $25 Recharge' and 'H20 $40 Recharge'.

The H20 Wireless page is not very helpful either. H20 Wireless customer service is horrible. And if you need to convert a Month plan to a Minute plan then you have to go through the Master Distributor of the Distributor you bought from (a complete nightmare). Thus, it is not possible to buy with complete confidence.

Consequently, I would recommend some special attention by the developer(s) to make sure H20 Wireless purchases are handled properly so buyers don't have to deal with H20 customer service. With Tangible Cryptography dropping H20 there is an unmet market demand.

Thanks for the tip. I will reach out to H20 on Monday and get clarification from them.

Stay tuned for an update

Charlie

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 04:04:28 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will reach out to H20 on Monday and get clarification from them.

Stay tuned for an update

Awesome, thanks!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 04:07:27 AM

Finally! An easy way for everybody to get bitcoins. Or am I missing something?
notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:10:46 AM

seems like this is an additional way to spend them (not receive them). Always a good thing though.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 05:49:53 AM

seems like this is an additional way to spend them (not receive them). Always a good thing though.

Exactly! Now that I'm able to get them (think SMS), I can now spend them anyway I want to. Therefore, if you are next to me (or not), I can transfer some of my coins to you for product/service or fiat currency. If my normal bill is $100/mo., and through some service I purchase $20 worth of bitcoins, my next billing cycle will reflect a balance due of $120, which I can now pay with bitcoins, thanks to Bitcoin Wireless.

Bottom line, we are so close, if not now, to being able in getting bitcoins into the hands of a noob/newbie within a minute of them asking how do I get some. I fire up the droid, log on to something like text2pay, get coins, which will be billed to my carrier's account, transfer coins from my phone to his. If it takes me more than a minute, it's because I'm between cells and only at 3G.
greenlander

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 11:15:42 AM

I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago.

I followed the instructions to send 0.4239 BTC to some address. Some time later I got a confirmation that the funds were received. The message said "You should now wait to receive a third email, which provides instructions from your carrier in order to credit your mobile phone. This email may take up to a few hours to receive."

I didn't receive the follow-up email or the credit on my phone after 24 hours. They've ignored a follow-up email as well as a message I sent from the contact form on their web site.

At best, they're disorganized and their customer support sucks. At worst, it's a scam.

I've already decided that I won't use them again. I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has successfully gotten credit.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 11:32:39 AM

I followed the instructions to send 0.4239 BTC to some address. Some time later I got a confirmation that the funds were received. The message said "You should now wait to receive a third email, which provides instructions from your carrier in order to credit your mobile phone. This email may take up to a few hours to receive."

I didn't receive the follow-up email or the credit on my phone after 24 hours. They've ignored a follow-up email as well as a message I sent from the contact form on their web site.

At best, they're disorganized and their customer support sucks. At worst, it's a scam.

I've already decided that I won't use them again. I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has successfully gotten credit.

Geez, it's clearly not a scam, the same guys already move 10s or 100s of thousands of coins per month, it's just new and they are working out the kinks I'm sure.

But when you launch and ask for feedback would be a good time to be quick on support, my simple inquiry via the form on the website is like 10 hours waiting.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
PetrovMichael

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 02:55:45 PM

Hello, many thanks... some comments about country Ukraine... (international code +380)

- local money is UAH, not RUB...
- you can sell US$ note thru the local exchange desk rate about 8.1 UAH per 1.0 US$
- so, today, 2013 Feb 9 - to buy 25 UAH voucher (for example) you need to sell 3.09 US$
- Ukraine few mobile providers -
       gsm : kyivstar mts life beeline
       cdma: intertelecom
       umts: 3mob
       landline: ukrtelecom

and many others services which payable by street cash machines, such as cable tv, internet providers etc.

you service is very interesting, and, i suppose, you will improve your Ukrainian partner

thank you again

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 03:05:27 PM

Geez, it's clearly not a scam, the same guys already move 10s or 100s of thousands of coins per month, it's just new and they are working out the kinks I'm sure.

But when you launch and ask for feedback would be a good time to be quick on support, my simple inquiry via the form on the website is like 10 hours waiting.
+1

I don't think they would ever pull this off to scam people but I tried twice and never did it charge any phone. It was on two different Chilean numbers. Also I think problems should be made public and if they fail to make it public, I will not hesitate to bring it up again.

(I charged friends phones twice as the service went life days after I left Chile and Germany is not on the list. My friend ran out of credit after sending 2 SMS 12h after I "charged" it and hours after bitinstant insisted the phone was charged $4. My friend also did not get any notification whatsoever and neither did I get my 3rd mail.)

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: