Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation  (Read 110934 times)
andy35

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:40:48 PM

Next updates:
- Update ANN: fixed exchanges, wallet downloads, bootstrap
- Update web: see ANN

The ANN shows Bitbi9 as an exchange, but it closed down, and it shows Bter's on the wrong blockchain.I assume you will remove Bitbi9 as an exchange. What status will you give Bter? Is it on the right blockchain yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:59:01 PM

Next updates:
- Update ANN: fixed exchanges, wallet downloads, bootstrap
- Update web: see ANN

The ANN shows Bitbi9 as an exchange, but it closed down, and it shows Bter's on the wrong blockchain.I assume you will remove Bitbi9 as an exchange. What status will you give Bter? Is it on the right blockchain yet?

Yes, Bitbi9 is gone and should be removed from the OP. As there is no hope that Bter will upate anytime soon I think Bter should be removed too or replaced with a warning in big bold red letters saying "DO NOT DEPOSIT OR TRADE TIPS IN BTER!". Else, people will just lose their coins there.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:21:46 PM

Here is the response I got from Cryptopia, can we work on this guys?  They gave us a way out in other words the door is not completely shut...:

An admin has replied to your support ticket.
Ticket: Ticket #6549
Reply: Hi, Unfortunately with multiple forks still existing on multiple exchanges we have decided not to continue with listing or trading fedora TIPS and the full delist process will continue. We do appreciate the offer of the refund of the lost coins, and we hope the forked versions get cleaned up in the future that will allow us to add TIPS once again without the heavy support ticket load we get for users sending/receiving coins from the wrong forks. Thanks

Thanks Cryptopia Support

....So can the community put together a response to this.  It took them a week or so to respond so let's do the same.  In a week I will forward the community official response.  Thanks

<sigh> With all the total crap they have on their exchange, they are dumping TIPS? There's 50 or more complete junk coins, some forked, some dead, they are keeping. What a poorly run operation.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:09:44 PM

Here is the response I got from Cryptopia, can we work on this guys?  They gave us a way out in other words the door is not completely shut...:

Reply: Hi, Unfortunately with multiple forks still existing on multiple exchanges we have decided not to continue with listing or trading fedora TIPS and the full delist process will continue. We do appreciate the offer of the refund of the lost coins, and we hope the forked versions get cleaned up in the future that will allow us to add TIPS once again without the heavy support ticket load we get for users sending/receiving coins from the wrong forks. Thanks

Thanks Cryptopia Support

....So can the community put together a response to this.  It took them a week or so to respond so let's do the same.  In a week I will forward the community official response.  Thanks

<sigh> With all the total crap they have on their exchange, they are dumping TIPS? There's 50 or more complete junk coins, some forked, some dead, they are keeping. What a poorly run operation.

Sort of seems like they just want us to pay the listing fee again.  Not cool business practice if you ask me.  Let's make a formal community response..I will send it to them.  RjFi9  some of your points are valid I will include them in a draft.  Can we think of any more for the response??

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:35:22 PM

Thanks Cryptopia Support

Sort of seems like they just want us to pay the listing fee again.  Not cool business practice if you ask me.  Let's make a formal community response..I will send it to them.  RjFi9  some of your points are valid I will include them in a draft.  Can we think of any more for the response??

I have sent them a lengthy mail earlier today to find out if there is any chance we can get TIPS listed and traded again. I understand they are concerned about their previous losses and the lack of communication and we'll see if there is anything we can do to make them happy again.

I'll post once I have an answer. But in the meantime please feel free to insist too.

Cryptopia seems important to me since TIPS needs to be paired against LTC and not many exchanges can offer that. And unlike other exchanges their support is very good and fast (same goes for Novaexchange btw!).

testbug (OP)

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:40:17 PM

Update July 25, 2016, 07:35:51 PM

Update on the ANN:
- removed bter (can be added again if right blockchain, we think there is too much confusion with old/new blockchain right now)
- removed bitebi
- added blockchain download link
- added windows wallet link

To do:
- update github (psycodad wants to change sth so i wait if it's still the github we used to use)
- update website
- pools: Is there anybody who can tell us, which pools are working correctly? I heard some mumble that some pools are forked again, but this might not be true. I will sort out the wrong pools then.

I also think, like psycodad, that we need TIPS to be traded against LTC or a similiar coin like XMR (coin with less value than BTC). I used to have some email contact with bigger exchanges but sadly they seem not to be interested in adding TIPS yet Sad

To be honest i dont think that the BTER situation will change in the near future. The old blockchain is still very very dominated by the chinese farmers who are doing god knows what with the tips on the wrong blockchain.

Small reminder/summary:
After i announced that i am looking for people for further TIPS development, a chinese "sha256 group" (well we called them like that) announced that they want to hardfork Scrypt TIPS to SHA256 TIPS. Most of the community disliked it and we got in contact with exchanges hosting tips for warning them. The "Fedoradev" account was deletes shortly after the "new ann" was created. A few days later "fedoradev2" was created and he opened a new ANN saying that BTER.com will be the official Coinswap host. Bter.com then announced under the "TIPS INFO" that the coin will get forked to SHA256 and that more information will be comeing in the future. We didn't hear sth from them after that, and in the meanwhile bter.com removed the "coinswap info".
We were able track the actions back to china. So bter.com is a chinese exchange... What more to say? Wink
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:48:38 PM

To do:
- update github (psycodad wants to change sth so i wait if it's still the github we used to use)
- update website
- pools: Is there anybody who can tell us, which pools are working correctly? I heard some mumble that some pools are forked again, but this might not be true. I will sort out the wrong pools then.

I also think, like psycodad, that we need TIPS to be traded against LTC or a similiar coin like XMR (coin with less value than BTC). I used to have some email contact with bigger exchanges but sadly they seem not to be interested in adding TIPS yet Sad

Regarding github, the link https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin will stay, Ahmed is owner of that repo but gave me write access so I could replace some images, clean up a bit and make some simple fixes for i.e. textual errors. All further work on the wallet will happen on this above link/repository. Please remove the old github link as soon as you can.

On another note: There is a semi-official IRC channel on freenode.net: #fedoracoin and there is a tip-bot that will tip some tips in the next days...

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:52:48 AM

To do:
- update website

Regarding github, the link https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin will stay, Ahmed is owner of that repo but gave me write access so I could replace some images, clean up a bit and make some simple fixes for i.e. textual errors. All further work on the wallet will happen on this above link/repository. Please remove the old github link as soon as you can.

On another note: There is a semi-official IRC channel on freenode.net: #fedoracoin and there is a tip-bot that will tip some tips in the next days...

I am very excited about the tip bot!!!  And my wallet works very good and stable.  Thanks

DrReaper

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:00:32 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 01:47:10 PM by DrReaper

Good to see someone is working on TIPS! Do we have a roadmap yet?

I am not sure how experienced a programming team we have now however the best implementation in new coins IMHO is paid for nodes. Check out how the dash network nodes work. Maybe we can do something like that with Fedora. A fast syncing blockchain is always good for business.
vld

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:35:32 AM

I did not come 11000000 tips translated into bter. I wrote to them asking to compensate for the lost coin , in case of failure or ignore , I will not use the Exchange Bter. I advise all those who lost their coins to do the same .

http://s015.radikal.ru/i333/1607/57/655b33cc790b.jpg
DrReaper

Activity: 190

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:51:56 AM

I can't sync the blockchain something isn't working.
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:32:15 AM

I am now making T shirts for crypto coins.  Let me know if any one has an artwork for Fedora coin in .AI format I will make some shirts if you do.

testbug (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:29:23 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 05:23:51 PM by testbug

Did you try downloading the blockchain zip provided on The ann?
You also have to Download The new wallet, downloadlink is on The ann

If this didnt solve your Problem please contact us here again Smiley

I did not come 11000000 tips translated into bter. I wrote to them asking to compensate for the lost coin , in case of failure or ignore , I will not use the Exchange Bter. I advise all those who lost their coins to do the same .

I feel sorry, but i think your coins are lost :/ Bter is on the old blockchain, so they won't receive your coins except they have a working, synced now wallet. But to be honest, i don't think that they will change anything.

I see that this has to be to become more clear, that Bter.com is on the wrong blockchain. I will change the homepage this evening, adding a big information about the need of changeing to the new wallet.

Here is what i suggest for new people or people who have to resync the complete blockchain:

Download the newest windows wallet here:
Windows wallet:
http://www.fedoracoin.xyz/wp-content/uploads/wallets/Fedora%20Coin_Windows_stable.zip

Download the blockchain here:
Blockchain (July 23 synced blocks)
http://www.fedoracoin.xyz/wp-content/uploads/wallets/tips-bootstrap.zip
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:03:46 PM

Did you try downloading the blockchain zip provided on The ann?
You also have to Download The new wallet, downloadlink is on The ann

If this didnt solve your Problem please contact us here again Smiley

I feel sorry, but i think your coins are lost :/ Bter is on the old blockchain, so they won't receive your coins except they have a working, synced now wallet. But to be honest, i don't think that they will change anything.

I see that this has to be to become more clear, that Bter.com is on the wrong blockchain. I will change the homepage this evening, adding a big information about the need of changeing to the new wallet.

Here is what i suggest for new people or people who have to resync the complete blockchain:

Download the newest windows wallet here:
Windows wallet:
http://www.fedoracoin.xyz/wp-content/uploads/wallets/Fedora%20Coin_Windows_stable.zip

Download the blockchain here:
Blockchain (July 23 synced blocks)
http://www.fedoracoin.xyz/wp-content/uploads/wallets/tips-bootstrap.zip

An obvious note at the top of the OP would help for new players. Something like:

"This is the official and, original, Fedora (TIPS) Forum. Founded 20xx" Was it 2013? I don't remember...

"ONLY the following exchanges are to be used to trade TIPS at this time:"  Place before list of correct exchanges.

And, a campaign to push the current exchanges that are on the correct blockchain would also help. I would say start bombarding Bter with emails and blast them everywhere possible but, I doubt they would care. One light at the end of this tunnel, any exchange that operates as carelessly and, possibly, dishonestly, won't survive in the long run.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
filou4

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:57:52 PM

Update on the ANN:
- removed bter (can be added again if right blockchain, we think there is too much confusion with old/new blockchain right now)
- removed bitebi
- added blockchain download link
- added windows wallet link

To do:
- update website

To be honest i dont think that the BTER situation will change in the near future. The old blockchain is still very very dominated by the chinese farmers who are doing god knows what with the tips on the wrong blockchain.

Small reminder/summary:
After i announced that i am looking for people for further TIPS development, a chinese "sha256 group" (well we called them like that) announced that they want to hardfork Scrypt TIPS to SHA256 TIPS. Most of the community disliked it and we got in contact with exchanges hosting tips for warning them. The "Fedoradev" account was deletes shortly after the "new ann" was created. A few days later "fedoradev2" was created and he opened a new ANN saying that BTER.com will be the official Coinswap host. Bter.com then announced under the "TIPS INFO" that the coin will get forked to SHA256 and that more information will be comeing in the future. We didn't hear sth from them after that, and in the meanwhile bter.com removed the "coinswap info".
We were able track the actions back to china. So bter.com is a chinese exchange... What more to say? Wink

stable pool >> http://fedora.poolto.be

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
testbug (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:46:54 AM

Thank you for your feedback.

We have decided to add the FAQ Section on the ANN.

Update August 04, 2016, 06:44:21 AM

- removed wrong pools
- fixed a slight vision bug
- added FAQ Section

We will have our first community bounty soon, stay tuned Wink
luzhiren001

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:00:07 AM

I like the coin Grin
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:34:41 PM

As hinted by testbug we will give away a few mio TIPS in the IRC channel until Sunday evening.

Join us to collect a few TIPS from our new tipbot:

#fedoracoin on freenode.net or via browser: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/fedoracoin

siberianbreaks

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:55:42 AM

Any new about BTER?

thanks
tevasu

Activity: 213

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:42:17 AM

Any new about BTER?

thanks

Here is something new. After about 7 days after I sent 10,000,000 plus tips to bter from my old wallet that i have been using for 2 years my tips finally were received and registered into my BTER balance. Also the small test sends of tips to my old wallet from BTER all came into my wallet in the last 24 hrs or so. I thought that i had lost all my sent coins. I did find them in the block explorer linked on fedoracoin.site http://blocks.fedoracoin.site but thought they would be stuck there unless I downloaded the new mac wallet that is listed on fedoracoin.site. Now I am a bit confused. I am wondering if BTER has shit canned everyone, the new sha group and the script group and is staying with the old wallet. Or is this part of the coin swap protocol. Does anyone have a clear idea of what is going on?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: