Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation  (Read 110936 times)
supoplex

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:07:07 AM

can somebody please make a short description of how to compile the Linux wallet and what packages are needed?

Here is short version, but this is only for command line. Still figuring out how to complile with gui, having some QT errors, here is https://kaip-padaryti.blogspot.lt/2017/09/how-to-compile-fedoracointips-source.html investigation.

Code:
Dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler -y

Other dependencies:
$ sudo apt-get install autoconf libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libtool -y

$ cd
$ git clone https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin
$ cd fedoracoin/
$ TIPS_ROOT=$(pwd)
$ BDB_PREFIX="${TIPS_ROOT}/db4"
$ mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
$ wget 'http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz'
$ tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar
$ ./autogen.sh$ ./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/" -without-gui --without-miniupnpc --disable-tests
$ make

Compile fedoracoin without GUI:
$ cd $TIPS_ROOT
$ ./autogen.sh$ ./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/" -without-gui --without-miniupnpc --disable-tests
$ make -s -j5

Hope it helps

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
couponmeup

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:53:46 AM

can somebody please make a short description of how to compile the Linux wallet and what packages are needed?

Here is short version, but this is only for command line. Still figuring out how to complile with gui, having some QT errors, here is https://kaip-padaryti.blogspot.lt/2017/09/how-to-compile-fedoracointips-source.html investigation.

Code:
Dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler -y

Other dependencies:
$ sudo apt-get install autoconf libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libtool -y

$ cd
$ cd fedoracoin/
$ TIPS_ROOT=$(pwd)
$ mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
$ make

$ cd $TIPS_ROOT
$ make -s -j5

Hope it helps

Any chance you have this for mac?
Smiley
testbug (OP)

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:17:19 AM

Update on the website progress:
We have rented a domain and webserver. The blockexplorer is as far as i know synced and i will be working on getting all the required informations to the website.
We will upload the wallet to the webserver and we might also be adding a blockchain download/bootstrap so new people can sync the blockchain much faster.

After the website is finished i will rework the ANN, changeing all the informations needed.

Does anybody know about active pools? I am hosting pools myself and i would like to also host a pool for TIPS for helping to stabilize the network. The pools wallet will then serve as a permanent node, like the blockexplorer.

As far as i know, TIPS is currently only tradeable on novaexchange, as bter is still refuseing to switch to the new, correct and working blockchain. As soon as the above steps are finished, i will get in contact with bter and ask them, if there would be the possibility to switch over to the correct chain.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me here.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1605
Merit: 1568

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:31:38 AM

Need help  compiling fedoracoin with linux

This is most recent version, is that correct?
https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin

Yes, that's the correct repo.
Can you be a bit more specific what your problem is?

When compiling I'm getting this error:
Code:
shiftdialog.cpp:28:23: fatal error: QJsonObject: No such file or directory

So far what I have installed:
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libtool 
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
$ sudo apt-get install autoconf autogen

Also compiled Berkley DB 4.8

Please check if you have qtbase5-dev installed.

Let me check
Code:
$ dpkg -l qtbase5-dev
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  qtbase5-dev:am 5.5.1+dfsg-1 amd64        Qt 5 base development files

Yes, it's installed.

I've tested this on an Ubuntu 16.04 VPS and it failed for me with the very same error.
It seems, as far as I could find from other sources like the Feathercoin forum, that boost-1.58 is the problem that keeps the build from completing.

I then tried to build and use boost-1.59 to build fedora-wallet but unfortunately that didn't work any better.

Out of ideas right now..

There is also a new issue on the Feathercoin github: https://github.com/FeatherCoin/Feathercoin/issues/223
I recommend watching that as any possible solution offered should be applicable to Fedoracoin as well.

supoplex

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:42:22 AM

Code:
Dependencies

Other dependencies:

$ cd
$ cd fedoracoin/
$ TIPS_ROOT=$(pwd)
$ mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
$ make

$ cd $TIPS_ROOT
$ make -s -j5

Hope it helps

Any chance you have this for mac?
Smiley

No sorry, but there is some info, on fedoracoin github page:
https://github.com/fedoracoin-dev/fedoracoin/blob/55808906cf1fe7ebba314e465d0c2b3645bf4d9e/doc/build-osx.md
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/README_osx.md
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:43:27 AM

Does anybody know about active pools? I am hosting pools myself and i would like to also host a pool for TIPS for helping to stabilize the network.

I checked the pool list in the OP (did not mine there but check if they still have TIPS available):
OK: fedora.poolto.be         
OK: SmarterHash
Multipool.us
OK: hash-to-coins.com
mineblocks.eu
NEW: zpool.ca
NEW: testbugs TIPS pool

As far as i know, TIPS is currently only tradeable on novaexchange, as bter is still refuseing to switch to the new, correct and working blockchain. As soon as the above steps are finished, i will get in contact with bter and ask them, if there would be the possibility to switch over to the correct chain.

TIPS is currently traded on Novaexchange and Coinexchange.

I don't see Bter ever moving to the new chain, that train has probably left the station long ago. They would loose too much of coins that were mined between the fork and when their chain halted. Actually I do not think they are interested to fix their wallet at all, TIPS gets traded there and can't be withdrawn - nothing wrong for Bter with that..

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:46:42 AM

Oh btw: Upon popular request (read: one person asked for it) I have brought the IRC-TIPS-tipbot back online.

Drop by the #fedoracoin channel on freenode.net and get a healthy rain shower of TIPS.

P.S.: I also restored the old database, everybody having a balance on the old tipbot should see it still.

kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:41:04 AM

H2C is main pool. Controlling anything from 80-100% of hashrate. Usually there are about 2GHash/s on TIPS network from H2C. Good pool works stable
$dakini

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:33:03 AM

We should remove TIPS from bter, other wise people will buy TIPS from them and will end up with bag holding the wrong coin.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:18:13 AM

We have rented a domain and webserver. The blockexplorer is as far as i know synced and i will be working on getting all the required informations to the website.
We will upload the wallet to the webserver and we might also be adding a blockchain download/bootstrap so new people can sync the blockchain much faster.

After the website is finished i will rework the ANN, changeing all the informations needed.

Does anybody know about active pools? I am hosting pools myself and i would like to also host a pool for TIPS for helping to stabilize the network. The pools wallet will then serve as a permanent node, like the blockexplorer.

Also Coinexchange.io, I have deposited and withdrawn successfully from them.   I don't think you will get much cooperation out of Bter, they are mostly a scam these days and even if they switched, I would never trade there. But, it's worth it to kill off the old chain completely I suppose...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
tipsy

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:53:15 AM

Great work!
It's trading coinexchange.io also Smiley
The explorer looks great and is synced.
Do you know how the reddit tipbot works?  I'd like to get that working too!
Would be a great feature to add an auto-bootstrap downloader to the wallet, vericoin does it and it makes it easy for newbies.
I can help test, or beta anything, just PM me.

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:30:22 AM

We should remove TIPS from bter, other wise people will buy TIPS from them and will end up with bag holding the wrong coin.

Unfortunately nobody can force BTer to stop doing what they are doing. But I agree with R-J-F that the reputation of BTer is borked so much meanwhile that nobody should be trusting them with their money anyways.

@testbug: Maybe you can add a fat, bold, red, blinking warning to the OP to not buy from or deposit to BTer?

tipsy

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:27:09 PM

Unfortunately nobody can force BTer to stop doing what they are doing. But I agree with R-J-F that the reputation of BTer is borked so much meanwhile that nobody should be trusting them with their money anyways.

@testbug: Maybe you can add a fat, bold, red, blinking warning to the OP to not buy from or deposit to BTer?

I will add one to reddit thread right nav.
jakob_

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:39:51 PM

Are there any plans of rebranding FedoraCoin?

I think that it would gain much more attention if it's name would be connected to 'tip' word.
Like 'Tipper','Tippit','Tipsy' or something similar.

Or it is to much work at this point?
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:08:21 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 07:07:12 AM by thiec

We can't command bter to remove tips, all we can do is to let community know that bter's tips is a dead chain especially the chinese community, as i assume alot of trader in bter are chinese.

if no trader left than bter have to forced to close pair OR their member force bter to move to new chain

supoplex

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:09:33 AM

I think that it would gain much more attention if it's name would be connected to 'tip' word.

Fedoracoins was re-branded to TIPS.
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:53:08 AM

I checked the pool list in the OP (did not mine there but check if they still have TIPS available):
Multipool.us
mineblocks.eu

fedora.poolto.be is live but without hash, i used to be join here few years ago, right now 1-2 member come and go
SmarterHash seem to be dead for me
hash-to-coins.com is multipool, seem allow some hash to point to tips as long as its profitable
zpool.ca also like hash-to-coins

waiting for testbugs pool

tipsy

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:14:36 PM

Multipool.us
mineblocks.eu

fedora.poolto.be is live but without hash, i used to be join here few years ago, right now 1-2 member come and go
hash-to-coins.com is multipool, seem allow some hash to point to tips as long as its profitable

You can also use ProHashing.com and select payout in TIPs.
I think you don't mine fedora, but it auto converts your payout to TIPs.
kurbeks

Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:30:24 PM

Multipool.us
mineblocks.eu

H2C allows to mine any coin on pool even if it''s unprofitable. You can manually select which coin you mine, or you can just mine most profitable coin.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:30:36 PM

Fedoracoins was re-branded to TIPS.

FedoraCoin was not re-branded to TIPS. TIPS is the international currency symbol for FedoraCoin just like BTC is the symbol for Bitcoin and ETH For Ether and so on. Each coin has one.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: