Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation  (Read 110956 times)
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1635

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:28:56 PM

Ok so the plan is to get listed on Cryptopia and hire John McAfee's tweeting services   Tongue

Dev should start a crowdfund for cryptopia fee imo

Also, we should look at implementing anonymous transactions in one manner or the other.

What do you all think? Merry Xmas Eve to all

Unlikely that Cryptopia will relist TIPS, they have delisted it in July 2017 and refused to re-list even though they have been offered to cover their losses from double-spending.

I was unaware of such an issue. I knew there was a fork but not that double spending occured? How great were their losses? What is the known extent of the double spends?

I believe to remember that Cryptopia lost around 60mio TIPS on the old chain through double-spent deposits.
For a more complete picture about what happened back then, please check the hardfork FAQ in the OP.

I have exchanged a few mails with them around that issue but they insisted their decision to delist was final. It has to be noted in defense of Cryptopias that TIPS was pumping back then when the attack occured and the price was at times in the hundreds of Litoshi.

Bitcoinguru99

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:42:08 AM

COINEXCHANGE.io is a good exchange. they even have some volume lately @ 0.00000001 to the bitcoin. Another option we could try is nlexch.com. we could even give it a try for free listing....
I love buying all those cheeeap tips coins over @ nova! omg how desperate are these sellers selling me all those tips for ZERO. tips gonna come back alive as every year. I have that good feeling that it will be very soon.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:46:54 AM

free lsiting is coinsmarkets.com. Exchange is weird, but total volume is good and they trade in 1/10 of sats.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:59:14 AM

free lsiting is coinsmarkets.com. Exchange is weird, but total volume is good and they trade in 1/10 of sats.

That where COLX is currently already trading right?

kurbeks

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:34:49 PM

That where COLX is currently already trading right?

Yep
le6levo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

Any one tell me how to become TIPS node?
Installed -qt, sync ok, but in peer list not found !!

to psycodad: look up diff change in pool! TIP is coming to achille of doge by mining stup..
Shortblade

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:25:13 AM

Any news on the bootstrap?
My wallet has still 2 years of sync to do.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:44:38 PM

Any one tell me how to become TIPS node?
Installed -qt, sync ok, but in peer list not found !!

to psycodad: look up diff change in pool! TIP is coming to achille of doge by mining stup..

Every wallet is a node as it is, but for example wallets behind firewalls that do not forward incoming connections (i.e. via UPNP) create only 8 outgoing connections which is more than enough for normal wallet operation but is probably not what you look for to support the network for others to  synch faster (from you).
Wenn running on a private IP (i.e. behind a firewall) either make sure UPNP works for your PC or just statically forward the TIPS network port(44890/tcp) from your firewall to your wallet PCs IP addresss.

For an easy check to see if you are accepting incoming connections from others check how many connections you have in the wallet, if it is more than 8 you are accepting incoming connections, just be patient and see the number of connections grow to over 30-50. If it sticks at 8, you are probably not. More hints are in the debug console with the command "getpeerinfo", it tells you for every peer if the connection is incoming or outgoing - make sure you start to see connections with "inbound" : true.

Yep, just realised the jump that hashrate (and diff) made the last days - we went from solid 4-6Ghs to almost 40Ghs right now.
The current difficulty keeps profit pools from switching in completely - in multipool speak TIPS is currently not profitable. That people mine the coin when it has a difficulty over profitability means probably something. Either people in the know about something we don't, people commited to TIPS (yeah!) or miners that are unable to calculate current profits :-) My personal bet is on 1 or 2.
In any case the activity and volume on Coinexchanges DOGE/TIPS market is very encouraging.

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:57:58 PM

Any news on the bootstrap?
My wallet has still 2 years of sync to do.

As said before, I have my doubts that we will be able to create a bootstrap that works for everyone on every platform. It should work with the -loadblock parameter that I posted (at least, that's what I have tested for myself with testbugs bootstrap).

Some coins have a -detachdb commandline switch for the daemon, that allows to create bootstrap-able copies of the chain - our wallet misses that currently. I can't say if that's the cause for your troubles or not but I create regular bootstraps for another coin with that feature and never had any issues or complaints so far so I am concluding that is a factor.

Anyway, if the -loadblock doesn't work for you, you are probaly left with the choice of synching from network - which I believe should be much faster than you seem to experience currently. I would rather try to find out why synching is so slow for you and improve that for everybody instead of further doing blindshots with huge bootstraps blobs.

Would you mind to PM me the complete output of getpeerinfo from your wallets debug console and also an estimated rate of how many blocks you see downloaded per minute (just to get an idea and comparison with the speed I am seeing when synching from scratch)? Also maybe the rough spec of your machine (RAM, CPU type).

psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:26:04 PM

After checking with ShortBlade via PM I concluded that we do not have enough public nodes to synch from.
I found a great deal at hostmybytes for a speedy VPS in London and have setup another TIPS seed node on it. This should speed up synching noteably, especially for users in Europe but also for the rest of the world, as the datacenter of hostmybytes seems to have very good and low latency links.

Judging from the number of connections the new seed node gets, I am pretty sure this improves the synch situation massively.

I also tested to synch a new client behind a broadband connection from scratch and while it started with a promising speed, it suddenly got stuck with tons of

...ProcessBlock() ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK 751...

messages in debug.log and the client stopped getting new blocks until I restarted it. It turns out if the download is now getting too fast too many blocks out of order and the default of received blocks to keep in memory is set to 750 by default.
This can easily be increased to something like 2500-5000 which speeds up the synching extremly. With my test client I got ~200'000 blocks in 10 minutes, which gives an estimate of less than 2 hours for the complete synching.

I would like to ask those that have troubles synching to add the following line to their fedoracoin.conf, stopping and restarting the client and checking if that eases their synching pains:
Code:
maxorphanblocks=2500
(you can go up to 10000 if your pc has 8GB or more memory - at least with TIPS where we do not have full blocks all so often)

If nobody notices any silly side effects, I'd vote to make this permanent in the client with the following change in src/main.h from:
Code:
src/main.h:static const unsigned int DEFAULT_MAX_ORPHAN_BLOCKS = 750;
to
Code:
src/main.h:static const unsigned int DEFAULT_MAX_ORPHAN_BLOCKS = 2500;

Let us know what you experience with the maxorphanblock increased.

Cheers - psycodad

Bitcoinguru99

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

Its incredible hash rate has 20fold during the last 10days! We are already at half nova hash rate and rising. It look like a huge come back as every year and i am really confident that this time its back to szay successful.
Bitcoinguru99

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:09:08 AM

With nova closing all the cheap litoshis tips will change hands and will be gone forever. We will focus trading in btcsantoshis in the future on other big exchanges. For now buy em cheap on coinexchange.io for 1 santoshi. I believe we can soon see 10 santoshis.. Wink btw transfers are near realtime and trsnsfer cost is zero. I just love the coin...
Bitcoinguru99

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:12:01 AM

Does anyone know if the devs are in switzerland? It says switzerland wjen you google them. Hmmmm is someone mining and hoddling them for The Big Thing? Wouldn surprise me as Zug is the new mekka and cryptovally... Cool
Shortblade

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:31:56 AM

Some guy has pumped up his hashrate from 20ghs to 40ghs on poolto. This is almost the whole network hashrate.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:29:38 PM

Some guy has pumped up his hashrate from 20ghs to 40ghs on poolto. This is almost the whole network hashrate.

So for my understanding,what is the advantage of having a very high hashrate for the coin? Just faster transactions?

kurbeks

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:30:33 PM

So for my understanding,what is the advantage of having a very high hashrate for the coin? Just faster transactions?

More interst into coin. If more people mine, price usually increase, not with one bag holder getting all.
psycodad
Legendary

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:09:53 PM

What kurbeks said.
But the higher hashrate also is a good insurance against 51% attacks and selfish mining (you now need 40 Antminers or more to attack TIPS with a slight chance of success). Makes the chain more secure and respected.

Though transactions do not get faster in any way at all by higher hashrate, the block time should always be around 1minute and we have max. 1MB blocks, though most pools/miners use the default of 250kB max blocksize.

erm1n

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:31:18 PM

I´ve also downloaded the bootstrap from the website. But i become the error message "Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?"
How to fix? Please help or i´ve to wait for the 4 years synch..
robotsoutofcontrol

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:47:49 AM

Update on the website progress:
We have rented a domain and webserver. The blockexplorer is as far as i know synced and i will be working on getting all the required informations to the website.
We will upload the wallet to the webserver and we might also be adding a blockchain download/bootstrap so new people can sync the blockchain much faster.

After the website is finished i will rework the ANN, changeing all the informations needed.

Does anybody know about active pools? I am hosting pools myself and i would like to also host a pool for TIPS for helping to stabilize the network. The pools wallet will then serve as a permanent node, like the blockexplorer.

As far as i know, TIPS is currently only tradeable on novaexchange, as bter is still refuseing to switch to the new, correct and working blockchain. As soon as the above steps are finished, i will get in contact with bter and ask them, if there would be the possibility to switch over to the correct chain.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me here.

Hi Testbug,
Are you still interested in continuing your work on Fedora?  The new community is getting fairly active now, with a lot of work focus on updating the wallet and also thinking about future tech enhancements.  We really want some of the original Fedora hero members involved and part of it.  We are talking with psycodad who has been fantastic, but we want a seat for everybody at the table!  Sorry if you are not interested.
Thanks,
Robotsoutofcontrol.
RobbieRich

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:29:20 AM

I think coinexchange.io is also trading TIPS ....

Update on the website progress:
We have rented a domain and webserver. The blockexplorer is as far as i know synced and i will be working on getting all the required informations to the website.
We will upload the wallet to the webserver and we might also be adding a blockchain download/bootstrap so new people can sync the blockchain much faster.

After the website is finished i will rework the ANN, changeing all the informations needed.

Does anybody know about active pools? I am hosting pools myself and i would like to also host a pool for TIPS for helping to stabilize the network. The pools wallet will then serve as a permanent node, like the blockexplorer.

As far as i know, TIPS is currently only tradeable on novaexchange, as bter is still refuseing to switch to the new, correct and working blockchain. As soon as the above steps are finished, i will get in contact with bter and ask them, if there would be the possibility to switch over to the correct chain.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me here.

Hi Testbug,
Are you still interested in continuing your work on Fedora?  The new community is getting fairly active now, with a lot of work focus on updating the wallet and also thinking about future tech enhancements.  We really want some of the original Fedora hero members involved and part of it.  We are talking with psycodad who has been fantastic, but we want a seat for everybody at the table!  Sorry if you are not interested.
Thanks,
Robotsoutofcontrol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: