Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation  (Read 110936 times)
robotsoutofcontrol

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:08:39 AM

Any news about the integration with bitshares or i'm wrong about this?

Hi copi85!

Actually you're 100% accurate! I can give you an update.  Basically, our plan is to build a mechanism that enables near-instant Tips transactions.  It's currently pretty fast anyway (usually under 3 minutes).  What we are doing is making almost instant (3 seconds maximum).

This will happen by us forking Bitshares to create a parallel blockchain.  It won't run on the Bitshares nodes, but in our own Fedora project DPOS blockchain. When you want to go shopping/tipping/transacting in any way, TIPS holders will be able to transfer TIPS from their POW based desktop wallets up to our new DPOS chain for fast transactions.  Our responsive web wallet will be the user interface to DPOS network. It will be sort of like having a checking account that's fast and convenient (web wallet), and a separate savings account for security (desktop wallet).

We've done all the research and proof of concept, and pretty much completed the design. Next step is to get a test network running and a prototype web wallet. Target delivery date is September - November (exact date TBC).  Our Trello has the roadmap in more detail: https://trello.com/b/MWdyyCfA

Our project team just released a blog post talking about this more, and also about our general progress reviving Fedora Tips.  Here's the link if you are interested. https://t.co/W9TgSv1mMD

Based on your questions you're looking for more than just infographics, but we've got an overview of the desktop (POW)/web (DPOS) relationship.

Cheers!
Robots Smiley

copi85

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:23:03 AM

Hi copi85!

Actually you're 100% accurate! I can give you an update.  Basically, our plan is to build a mechanism that enables near-instant Tips transactions.  It's currently pretty fast anyway (usually under 3 minutes).  What we are doing is making almost instant (3 seconds maximum).

This will happen by us forking Bitshares to create a parallel blockchain.  It won't run on the Bitshares nodes, but in our own Fedora project DPOS blockchain. When you want to go shopping/tipping/transacting in any way, TIPS holders will be able to transfer TIPS from their POW based desktop wallets up to our new DPOS chain for fast transactions.  Our responsive web wallet will be the user interface to DPOS network. It will be sort of like having a checking account that's fast and convenient (web wallet), and a separate savings account for security (desktop wallet).

We've done all the research and proof of concept, and pretty much completed the design. Next step is to get a test network running and a prototype web wallet. Target delivery date is September - November (exact date TBC).  Our Trello has the roadmap in more detail: https://trello.com/b/MWdyyCfA

Our project team just released a blog post talking about this more, and also about our general progress reviving Fedora Tips.  Here's the link if you are interested. https:/[Suspicious link removed]/W9TgSv1mMD

Based on your questions you're looking for more than just infographics, but we've got an overview of the desktop (POW)/web (DPOS) relationship.

Cheers!
Robots Smiley

ok, thanks a lot for your answer. Good luck. We're anxious to test the new features. Come on team!!

RobbieRich

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:34:55 AM

Very Impressive and more reason to HODL for now !Just wanna see what is in the Suspicious link removed part !

Hi copi85!

Our project team just released a blog post talking about this more, and also about our general progress reviving Fedora Tips.  Here's the link if you are interested. https:/[Suspicious link removed]/W9TgSv1mMD

Cheers!
Robots Smiley

I believe you have said it all.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:10:04 PM

Hi copi85!

Our project team just released a blog post talking about this more, and also about our general progress reviving Fedora Tips.  Here's the link if you are interested. https://t.co/W9TgSv1mMD

Cheers!
Robots Smiley

Wow, this sounds really good actually ! Nice thinking of such as solution. Anything that us holders need to be aware of? Smiley

robotsoutofcontrol

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:38:34 AM

Hi copi85!

Cheers!
Robots Smiley

Wow, this sounds really good actually ! Nice thinking of such as solution. Anything that us holders need to be aware of? Smiley

Hi Delphinus,

Thanks for that! Well probably the key thing is that we are making NO CHANGES AT ALL to the Tips POW architecture.  This is fundamental!! We recognise the huge value of keeping the existing POW structure the way it is.  We will be integrating a 2-way bridge to bitshares that enables the real time trading & tipping, but that will be separate to the Tips infrastructure.

We hope to release some architecture & web wallet designs for feedback in early/mid August, so please keep an eye open!

Cheers,
Robots Smiley
Delphinus

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:28:07 PM

Looking forward to seeing more detail on it. This sounds like a good idea  Cheesy

paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:46:16 PM

Surprised to see to see the lack of price action in the last two months.  It was doing great before that.

RobbieRich

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:24:20 PM

Surprised to see to see the lack of price action in the last two months.  It was doing great before that.

Not just Lack of Price action ! How’bout Lack of Dev Action ?
Delphinus

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:57:05 PM

It's the whole market. Next bull market TIPS might take off if they can deliver before it happens  Smiley

brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:14:34 PM

Hi team- What's the plan before we're getting to max supply? We're at 490613209651.1838 coins in circulation at this point. Also how does CMC show current coins in circulation 212,269,865,434, where do they get that from?
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:37:42 PM

2018-04-28 04:20:39   TIPS   399900000.00000000   0.01000000   ERxe4rXQH8a3kuLC2KtKn3VeinPQ8jnpKM
TXID is not currently available please check receiving address on a block explorer    Completed

publick address: ERxe4rXQH8a3kuLC2KtKn3VeinPQ8jnpKM .

Ouch! Please let us know if you ever get this resolved.

Thanks for your concern!
One month have past。
The coinexchange just reply me they will reprocessed my withdrawal  20 days  ago they do nothing throughout。
Reprocessing my withdrawal is  so easy a thing but they don't want to do it.

I just sent you 42 TIPS as a test to see if your address is working.

What exactly are Coinexchange saying?  Did they say that they processed your withdrawal a second time already, or did they say that they are going to reprocess at some point?  Did they tell you the date/time they reprocessed?  

Perhaps you should raise a new ticket - I have found Coinexchange to very helpful and professional, I think there is a crossed wire going one somewhere.

Please keep us posted!

Update: My 42 TIPS deposit confirmed about a minute later, TXID: 0d6a8e9f8c471628b2fba24278e217bd381216e718692fc934b2e316e864f6bc

Thanks。
I have receive your coins。

2018-05-26 11:19:05   42 TIPS   0d6a8e9f8c471628b2fba24278e217bd381216e718692fc934b2e316e864f6bc   529/500   已完成

I have raised some new tickets these days。
But once I raise a new one,the coinexchange just close it and do nothing.
Do not open new tickets,Contact coinexchange through email or faecbook,Request cancel withdralw,
I withdralw tips many times,No problem,Do not withdral large amount ,Do not over 50 millions one time

Thanks a lot.Can you tell me what is the coinexchange's email??

I do not know now,You may contact them through facebook,Search google,You may find coinexchange's facebook

The facebook account if a Liar???? @Coinexchange.official

me:
I have waited for more than a month。But no supporter handle my problem

@Coinexchange.official:
Unfortunately, your account network have some problems so you have many wallets under maintanence .
its known that the platform is open source so we can only approve the withdrawals not control any account transactions .
to fix this problems you have to give us the permission and refresh your transaction network by  making new deposit of 0.1 btc and all your stuck amounts of any coin will be released
when you are ready ask us for the deposit address that you should use
after the deposit received our verification system will track it and fix the error with your account
Sincerely,
Support Team

I see this transaction and many more from the original posters account have been resolved and reprocessed.

Sometimes transactions out of our wallet fail and we need to manually check to be sure we can reprocess. We apologise for the delays this can sometimes cause.

Please only send support tickets to:

https://coinexchangeio.freshdesk.com/support/home

robotsoutofcontrol

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:59:47 AM

Hi team- What's the plan before we're getting to max supply? We're at 490613209651.1838 coins in circulation at this point. Also how does CMC show current coins in circulation 212,269,865,434, where do they get that from?

Hi Brian!

Honestly not sure why CMC does what it does - it's a mystery!

We're kicking around a few ideas about the future - are you a dev? Interested in being involved in the team?

Cheers,
Robots. Smiley
Delphinus

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:40:01 PM

I assume we have a block explorer still running somewhere?

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1608
Merit: 1591

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

I assume we have a block explorer still running somewhere?

The current BE is at https://tipsbe.netcraft.ch/ .

HTH

robotsoutofcontrol

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:03:59 PM

Hi all.

The project team have been studying the market situation for Tips and also the issues with the legacy Tips technology.  After a lot of research we recommend a change of direction for the Fedora technology. We are sharing our thoughts to get your feedback.

- In spite of the work we’ve done, TIPS (in it's current form) has reached it’s limits – for a range of reasons, but community sentiment & price bears that out.
- Tips price is vulnerable. We achieved solid growth for several months following the relaunch in March, even against the wider crypto market drops.  But this has been challenged by large amounts of selling that are beyond our control.
- We want to grow value, improve usability and continue building on the roadmap we developed
- To achieve these goals we need better tech
We propose to build a new Fedora coin (we call it TIP) that addresses all these concerns.
- This will NOT be a hard fork - we propose a voluntary swap
- Swap rate for TIPS -> TIP to be determined still, but probably something like 10:1 or 25:1
- Moving from TIPS -> TIP will be ENTIRELY voluntary
- The swap will be long term - possibly no end date at all so people can wait & see: if the NEW Tip gains value, you can switch from Tips anytime to TIP.  If it doesn't, you can hodl your Tips and ignore TIP
- We will CONTINUE support for legacy TIPS

What will the new TIP look like?
- Private: The new Fedora Tip will provide full PRIVACY features, which will be optional
- Even faster: The current Tips usually confirms in about 3 minutes.  The new Tip will be at least half that speed, possibly faster (we are researching at the moment)
- Mining for All: No ASIC mining - our planned tech stack will ONLY support small scale mining - CPU's, desktop wallets, etc.
- Mobile: We expect to have a mobile wallet far sooner with the tech we are working on for the new Tip
- When: Time for starting the swap is likely 4 to 6 weeks away.  We don't have a planned end date and may keep it open indefinitely.

We would love to hear what your thoughts are.  Please share any questions/concerns/ideas that you might have.

Cheers!
Robots.
RobbieRich

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:26:52 PM

Best news I have heard since a long time !
Great new ideas and must say the voluntary swap is Genius !
However the block time needs to be faster than three minutes !
I you want to “ play “ with the big boys you need confirmations in seconds , not sure if that is even possible but see there are coins that are there already !
Also the fact that ASIC mining is over is a good thing I think ....
Great work all you guys and keep up the good work !
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:13:34 PM

I you want to “ play “ with the big boys you need confirmations in seconds , not sure if that is even possible but see there are coins that are there already !

Block time is 1 min. And faster in new TIP
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:13:53 PM

Hi all.

The project team have been studying the market situation for Tips and also the issues with the legacy Tips technology.  After a lot of research we recommend a change of direction for the Fedora technology. We are sharing our thoughts to get your feedback.

- In spite of the work we’ve done, TIPS (in it's current form) has reached it’s limits – for a range of reasons, but community sentiment & price bears that out.
- Tips price is vulnerable. We achieved solid growth for several months following the relaunch in March, even against the wider crypto market drops.  But this has been challenged by large amounts of selling that are beyond our control.
- We want to grow value, improve usability and continue building on the roadmap we developed
- To achieve these goals we need better tech
We propose to build a new Fedora coin (we call it TIP) that addresses all these concerns.
- This will NOT be a hard fork - we propose a voluntary swap
- Swap rate for TIPS -> TIP to be determined still, but probably something like 10:1 or 25:1
- Moving from TIPS -> TIP will be ENTIRELY voluntary
- The swap will be long term - possibly no end date at all so people can wait & see: if the NEW Tip gains value, you can switch from Tips anytime to TIP.  If it doesn't, you can hodl your Tips and ignore TIP
- We will CONTINUE support for legacy TIPS

What will the new TIP look like?
- Private: The new Fedora Tip will provide full PRIVACY features, which will be optional
- Even faster: The current Tips usually confirms in about 3 minutes.  The new Tip will be at least half that speed, possibly faster (we are researching at the moment)
- Mining for All: No ASIC mining - our planned tech stack will ONLY support small scale mining - CPU's, desktop wallets, etc.
- Mobile: We expect to have a mobile wallet far sooner with the tech we are working on for the new Tip
- When: Time for starting the swap is likely 4 to 6 weeks away.  We don't have a planned end date and may keep it open indefinitely.

We would love to hear what your thoughts are.  Please share any questions/concerns/ideas that you might have.

Cheers!
Robots.

Like and support new changes.
RobbieRich

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:36:16 PM

Better but is that enough for future use , and have you thought of staking ?
Maybe a good idea , since a lot of coins have been mined already ! And as an incentive to leave your wallet open and for lower impact on the environment...

robotsoutofcontrol

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:05:54 PM

Better but is that enough for future use , and have you thought of staking ?
Maybe a good idea , since a lot of coins have been mined already ! And as an incentive to leave your wallet open and for lower impact on the environment...

Hi Robbie,

Thank you very much! Really appreciate the positive feedback Smiley

The new coin will definately be faster, we're still testing at the moment so can't confirm exact speed.  But this is a foundation step in our roadmap - once this is done we're building another network to support real time transactions anyway. Probably based on bitshares, which has three second latency. That'll support the mobile wallet use case.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Cheers,
Robots.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: