Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have access to 12 PCs.. Which currency is best to mine in my case? (CPU MINING)  (Read 2067 times)
joerazor (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:00:58 AM

Hey guys Smiley

I have access to 12 PCs (Without any dedicated graphics cards) that are running 24 hours/day. (Electricity is dirt cheap in my currently, besides, these PCs are running 24 hours every day anyways doing literally nothing)

Which currency is the BEST to mine in my case? I am eager to go for currencies with CPU Mining only as I understand I have a better chance with avoiding currencies that have lots of GPU/ASCI miners already.

Also, can anybody give a rough estimate of how much profit I would expect to make on a monthly basis from these 12 PCs?

(CPUs are ranging between i3-530 and i3-560)

Would appreciate any help as I am eager to get this started.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702
Merit: 1000

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 08:05:07 AM

What you mine is really a matter of your personal choice.  You can mine both CPU and GPU coins at the same time. There are coins that are ASIC resistant so CPU/GPU will still work for those.  Your best bet is to read up on some of them in the altcoin subs and decide.  Yo can even mine multiple ones with that many computers.

joerazor (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:12:45 AM

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In my case, all my PCs have no GPUs so I have no other option but to go for CPU mining. I am hoping that there are profitable currencies that can only be mined via CPU as I am sure I cannot even compete with other currencies like BITCOIN that have their doors open to GPU/ASCI mining as that will probably make me a cent or two per week, if not less.

Is there any hope to make maybe $50/month at least from these 12 PCs from a specific CPU-ONLY mining currency(s)? Assuming that the cost of electricity is ZERO and these PCs are going to be working 24/7.
lamaras

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:16:54 AM

Try this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 08:17:56 AM

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In my case, all my PCs have no GPUs so I have no other option but to go for CPU mining. I am hoping that there are profitable currencies that can only be mined via CPU as I am sure I cannot even compete with other currencies like BITCOIN that have their doors open to GPU/ASCI mining as that will probably make me a cent or two per week, if not less.

Is there any hope to make maybe $50/month at least from these 12 PCs from a specific CPU-ONLY mining currency(s)? Assuming that the cost of electricity is ZERO and these PCs are going to be working 24/7.

Very possible to make that much but it's going to depend a lot on how fast and how much memory those computers have.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:04:05 AM

There are some altcoins which are profitable for mining with cpu. A little google search will help to give you some alternative to bitcoin.

If electricity is cheaper in your country, then I think you can mine MONERO. The below article may help you.

http://cpucoinlist.com/how-to/cpu-mine-monero-pool/

Also, you can try mining reddcoin or clam as well. But I can't guide you as I have never tried that.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:16:23 AM

There are some altcoins which are profitable for mining with cpu. A little google search will help to give you some alternative to bitcoin.

If electricity is cheaper in your country, then I think you can mine MONERO. The below article may help you.

Also, you can try mining reddcoin or clam as well. But I can't guide you as I have never tried that.
I don't think CLAM is mineable using CPU or GPU
The only way to mine CLAM is to use old bitcoin private keys from pre march 2014 if im not wrong

@OP
You can't mine bitcoin using CPU, you would never gain profit that way
Your best bet is to seek altcoins that accepts cpu mining in acceptable condition
How big is your PSU ?
Mining always taking big chunk of your electricity and you need to make sure you has big enough PSU to accommodate that big electricty
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:48:46 PM

Hey guys Smiley

I have access to 12 PCs (Without any dedicated graphics cards) that are running 24 hours/day. (Electricity is dirt cheap in my currently, besides, these PCs are running 24 hours every day anyways doing literally nothing)

Which currency is the BEST to mine in my case? I am eager to go for currencies with CPU Mining only as I understand I have a better chance with avoiding currencies that have lots of GPU/ASCI miners already.

Also, can anybody give a rough estimate of how much profit I would expect to make on a monthly basis from these 12 PCs?

(CPUs are ranging between i3-530 and i3-560)

Would appreciate any help as I am eager to get this started.

You are a few years to late honestly CPU mining just is not worth it.   You can expect to use more in electricity in most cases then you make by mining.   So lot of trouble and pain's for zero pay.

Even if you make a small profit over electricity you will not pay off CPU's.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:14:12 PM

point them to HODL coin, there is a supernova pool ready for, you, you need to download the correct miner in the official thread, see in the altcoin section

it is very profitable right now, you can do 0.1 a month with a single cpu
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:01:57 PM

point them to HODL coin, there is a supernova pool ready for, you, you need to download the correct miner in the official thread, see in the altcoin section

My CPU sadly does not have AES-NI but i been considering getting a good CPU, so maybe this would make it worth upgrading...

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:39:05 PM

I too have a core i5 with 4 GB RAM on a 32-bit operating system, can I try on this one with my CPU and make something with it???
Had been waiting for such an opportunity to make something with my lappy...

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:51:42 PM

I too have a core i5 with 4 GB RAM on a 32-bit operating system, can I try on this one with my CPU and make something with it???
Had been waiting for such an opportunity to make something with my lappy...

Mining on laptop is kind of an horrible idea.

The mobile version devices typically have 1/3rd the processing power of their desktop equivalent, or less if its a super light version. You can check if your laptop has AES acceleration. If it does you might be able to earn a bit but personally i would not do it as laptop are not meant to be run like workhorses 24/7.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:33:26 AM

My CPU sadly does not have AES-NI but i been considering getting a good CPU, so maybe this would make it worth upgrading...

yes, but the more you wait the less profit you will make, it was much more profitable 1-2 week ago, i was mining one block almost each day at half speed of my 4790

this is 500k satoshi per day
RoughLyfe

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:50:32 AM

I'd say your best shot would be ethereum as it is a growing coin,but other than that,Im not quite sure.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:15:05 AM

I'd say your best shot would be ethereum as it is a growing coin,but other than that,Im not quite sure.

He has CPUs, not GPUs, so no go for Ethereum. The profitability on CPU is horrible like most other options out there.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:19:20 AM

So I downloaded in a test Windows 7 old PC dual core and 5 GB ram the cryptominer. It generated a wallet address, I connected to minero official pool and it started mining. So far everything OK.
Question is how to I withdraw this Monero to another wallet of mine, more specifically for example to a mining website that offers Monero and I can exchange it for BTC ?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:32:06 AM

So I downloaded in a test Windows 7 old PC dual core and 5 GB ram the cryptominer. It generated a wallet address, I connected to minero official pool and it started mining. So far everything OK.
Question is how to I withdraw this Monero to another wallet of mine, more specifically for example to a mining website that offers Monero and I can exchange it for BTC ?

Do some calculations and you will see your talking about VERY small amounts of BTC in most cases CPU mining.  Have you done ROI on mining Monero?  I'm guessing it costs more in electricity then you make in BTC.

But it would depend on pool on withdraw, most are easy.  But you need a exchange if you search about Monero.... you will find exchanges pretty easily.  I think you have some reading to do.

But after doing the reading I highly suggest you do ROI math.  As I think your wasting your time.
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:40:57 AM

But after doing the reading I highly suggest you do ROI math.  As I think your wasting your time.
My estimate: it will be fractions of cents you are "earning".

besides, these PCs are running 24 hours every day anyways doing literally nothing)
Is out of the box thinking allowed? I suggest to turn them off  Roll Eyes
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:09:58 PM

Yes it is 0.01 Monero per day but I don't care (free electricity but low end computer(s) ) so I just want to see how mining works, I opened it for some minutes the cryptominer and I only see found a new block and my hashpower changes its 14 H/s which is equal to 0.01 Monero per day pure profit (nothing). So anyway how do you withdraw from miner to your personal wallet ,thats my question which is still unanswered here ?
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:05:34 PM

If your CPU supports AES-NI, you can mine the cryptonote based coins, one example is Monero, the other is Bytecoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: