Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:19:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo  (Read 10147 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:53:27 PM

So the users have the ideological motivation, but when it comes down to it, they prioritize what is convenient, efficient, and serves real needs they have, such as contacting mom and cousins on Facebook. That is the hurdle the the irrelevant income offer doesn't solve.

This is where we differ.  You think people will perceive the income as irrelevant where as I do not.  Even if they earn enough money to purchase a few meals out a year,

Seriously I've learned the hard way several times in my life with failed projects that humans prioritize their important desires and needs. That income is absolutely irrelevant and worse yet is an insult to many people (which is why ChangeTip must die).

Well, I think calling it an insult is a little severe.  Most people would welcome any money they could earn off their online participation.

I think they will be motivated to join and retake control of their personal online presence.  Most people do not solely rely on Facebook to keep in close contact with their family members.  It is more of a causal liaison point for posting pictures and such.  Imo, changing over to another social network isn't that big of a hurdle for most users, especially when they will be transferring their information not only to a social network, but a social sharing platform which will host not only Synereo, the social network, but also a plethora of other online social software.

Afaics, Facebook is for sharing/interaction/feed amongst strangers, friends and family, with more emphasis on the first two than family.

If the "other online social software" has some compelling features, then they may adopt. I have not yet seen a list of these planned features and an ETA on their implementation.

The technology stack which Synereo utilizes and is built upon is an open source platform which any other type of social interaction software can use and build off of the existing softwares' userbase.

Users have a finite cognitive and time resource which they allocate to the highest priorities in their lives.

How do you explain MySpace losing market share to Facebook?

MySpace was mired into a static page model and failed to innovate and most especially around the network effects of feeds, social updates, apps and games (which is precisely what I realized is the niche I need to go after to challenge Facebook in the long-term but the cases which require a decentralized protocol):

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/28/sean-parker-on-why-myspace-lost-to-facebook/
https://www.quora.com/What-could-MySpace-have-done-differently-to-avoid-losing-to-Facebook/answer/Edward-King <--- read this
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2011/01/14/why-facebook-beat-myspace/

Facebook is in a similar but worse situation as MySpace was back then.  Not only does Facebook not see the need to adapt to a decentralized setup, but they are in fact, structured in such a corporate fashion that they are unable to do so.  Such a decentralized arrangement would cause massive, if not complete, revenue losses for any centralized social network, which would cause the entire corporation to go bankrupt and cease to be.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:14:56 AM

Synereo pumper of presold AMP tokens for vaporware, wants to attack me already:

All Shelby has released is a drawing that puts him on track to be sued by Nintendo for trademark infringement.

A copyright owner can’t prove infringement by pointing to features of his work that are found in the defendant’s work as well but that are so rudimentary, commonplace, standard, or unavoidable that they do not serve to distinguish one work within a class of works from another.

The "stock" idea of working class hero, gaining abilities from powerups, and South European origin are however all usable.

Features of above logo:

✓ Wavy moustache
✓ Pointed eyebrows
✓ Eyes with misaligned pupils
✓ Semi-long nose
✓ Hair above a music headphone

I presume DecentralizeEconomics is alleging infringement on Wario?

✓ Jagged moustache
✓ Curved eyebrows
✓ Eyes with aligned pupils
✓ Stubbed nose
✓ Hair on the sides under a hat

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:28:17 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 06:28:09 AM by TPTB_need_war

So the users have the ideological motivation, but when it comes down to it, they prioritize what is convenient, efficient, and serves real needs they have, such as contacting mom and cousins on Facebook. That is the hurdle the the irrelevant income offer doesn't solve.

This is where we differ.  You think people will perceive the income as irrelevant where as I do not.  Even if they earn enough money to purchase a few meals out a year,

Seriously I've learned the hard way several times in my life with failed projects that humans prioritize their important desires and needs. That income is absolutely irrelevant and worse yet is an insult to many people (which is why ChangeTip must die).

Well, I think calling it an insult is a little severe.  Most people would welcome any money they could earn off their online participation.

Read the linked "why ChangeTip must die".

I think they will be motivated to join and retake control of their personal online presence.  Most people do not solely rely on Facebook to keep in close contact with their family members.  It is more of a causal liaison point for posting pictures and such.  Imo, changing over to another social network isn't that big of a hurdle for most users, especially when they will be transferring their information not only to a social network, but a social sharing platform which will host not only Synereo, the social network, but also a plethora of other online social software.

Afaics, Facebook is for sharing/interaction/feed amongst strangers, friends and family, with more emphasis on the first two than family.

If the "other online social software" has some compelling features, then they may adopt. I have not yet seen a list of these planned features and an ETA on their implementation.

The technology stack which Synereo utilizes and is built upon is an open source platform which any other type of social interaction software can use and build off of the existing softwares' userbase.

Ah here we go again with the Ethereum "it can do everything" lie, which we explained is not true in the Ethereum Paradox thread.

No API can do everything. Until we see specifics from Synereo, then that general statement is as useful as dirt.

Users have a finite cognitive and time resource which they allocate to the highest priorities in their lives.

How do you explain MySpace losing market share to Facebook?

MySpace was mired into a static page model and failed to innovate and most especially around the network effects of feeds, social updates, apps and games (which is precisely what I realized is the niche I need to go after to challenge Facebook in the long-term but the cases which require a decentralized protocol):

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/28/sean-parker-on-why-myspace-lost-to-facebook/
https://www.quora.com/What-could-MySpace-have-done-differently-to-avoid-losing-to-Facebook/answer/Edward-King <--- read this
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2011/01/14/why-facebook-beat-myspace/

Facebook is in a similar but worse situation as MySpace was back then.  Not only does Facebook not see the need to adapt to a decentralized setup, but they are in fact, structured in such a corporate fashion that they are unable to do so.  Such a decentralized arrangement would cause massive, if not complete, revenue losses for any centralized social network, which would cause the entire corporation to go bankrupt and cease to be.

As this already provided upthread link explains[2], unless you have a compelling decentralized use case, you will not get people to abandon the convenience of Facebook.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:28:31 AM

AMP tokens for vaporware

You've got about two more weeks to use that lame retort before people will start calling you a blatant liar.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:29:04 AM

AMP tokens for vaporware

You've got about two more weeks to use that lame retort before people will start calling you a blatant liar.

No adoption and no use case is vaporware.

Any one can write some code and do a testnet demonstration and claim they have created something. GitHub is littered with code that no one uses.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:32:22 AM

AMP tokens for vaporware

Any one can write some code and do a testnet demonstration and claim they have created something. GitHub is littered with code that no one uses.

We'll soon see.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:33:30 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 06:45:30 AM by TPTB_need_war

AMP tokens for vaporware

We'll soon see.

IANAL so readers consult your own attorney, but my layman's understanding is they can NEVER fix the fact that they presold ILLEGAL unregistered investment securities to non-accredited USA investors. I implore you to understand the Supreme Court's Howey test. This will haunt this project until the SEC and/or FinCEN comes after them. Greg Meredith is a USA citizen. I really don't have any idea what he is thinking that he thinks he can raise money in this way and not end up in big trouble later.

If they wanted to raise funding to work on Synereo, they could have attempted a crowdfunding or to attract angel/venture private placement investment. But that would require them to have a well vetted business plan or convincing altruistic explanation. Instead they sell technobabble delusion to unwary n00bs and pumpers (same as Ethereum is doing, but at least Ethereum ran away to Switzerland so they think they can avoid USA securities law and still sell to non-accredited USA investors).

Any entity selling an ICO is (intentionally or perhaps cluelessly) corrupt. Period.

I warned you months ago. You have no one to blame but yourself, for not studying and listening more carefully.

Decentralized social networking projects are not novel. The list is littered with failures as you were told already upthread[1].

I don't hate them. I wished them good luck upthread. I am just feeding back frankly the reality.

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:18:22 PM

IANAL so readers consult your own attorney, but my layman's understanding is they can NEVER fix the fact that they presold ILLEGAL unregistered investment securities to non-accredited USA investors. I implore you to understand the Supreme Court's Howey test. This will haunt this project until the SEC and/or FinCEN comes after them. Greg Meredith is a USA citizen. I really don't have any idea what he is thinking that he thinks he can raise money in this way and not end up in big trouble later.

If they wanted to raise funding to work on Synereo, they could have attempted a crowdfunding or to attract angel/venture private placement investment. But that would require them to have a well vetted business plan or convincing altruistic explanation. Instead they sell technobabble delusion to unwary n00bs and pumpers (same as Ethereum is doing, but at least Ethereum ran away to Switzerland so they think they can avoid USA securities law and still sell to non-accredited USA investors).

Any entity selling an ICO is (intentionally or perhaps cluelessly) corrupt. Period.

I warned you months ago. You have no one to blame but yourself, for not studying and listening more carefully.

Decentralized social networking projects are not novel. The list is littered with failures as you were told already upthread[1].

I don't hate them. I wished them good luck upthread. I am just feeding back frankly the reality.

Some useful information here. I really don't know what's gonna happen though, really depends on interpretation, so I wont be surprised if the SEC goes either way (allow or crackdown)

https://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/holdsec.htm
sandiman (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:50:02 PM

AMP tokens for vaporware

What is happening in two weeks?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:57:19 PM

AMP tokens for vaporware

Synereo will release their beta.

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:13:09 PM

AMP tokens for vaporware

Synereo will release their beta.

nice will watch this closely.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:57:10 AM

Problem is that there are much more lucrative monetization gamification models than advertising, which spam and intrude on users less. Advertising is going to die and be replaced with superior gamification which is more attuned to users' preferences.

Interesting! Do you have any examples of "lucrative monetisation gamification models"? Conventional online advertising seems to be on the verge of death indeed.

Why bombard with banner advertising when you can recommend/mention/link to something (preferably which is entirely free to start using, and which itself uses gamification to earn revenue) within the context of your content which your reader really needs and then receive an affiliation income from which is much greater than the income from spamming readers with shit only usually less than 1% of readers are even interested to click on. In other words, highly targeted advertising without violating the privacy of the user to track their interests and without bombarding them with banner ads.

In case someone might conflate this with Synereo's and Tsu's plan to pay social networking users to share, the salient distinction is that the social networking user is there to share to gain the synergies and love/reputation whereas the blog or publisher is focused on publishing (and monetizing his work so he can continue publishing). Also the social networking user doesn't have reach of readers of a publisher, unless of course he has a high reputation of sharing things that so many others reshare. So one could see some social network publishers arise, but this can't be a model to pay most of the users as I explained in the Synereo thread.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:32:31 AM

They believe that users will agree to be paid to watch some ads in order to earn the BTC to pay to not see ads on their other favorite sites. That is the carrot. The stick is that normal ads will be blocked by default for all users.

Problem is that there are much more lucrative monetization gamification models than advertising, which spam and intrude on users less. Advertising is going to die and be replaced with superior gamification which is more attuned to users' preferences.

Also users and publishers don't want to hand such control over to the Brave team. The only solutions that will be widely adopted will be those not controlled by anyone, i.e. decentralized protocols.

Brenden Eich better stick with his core competency of the programming language Javascript.

Spot on! advertising is the proverbial megaphone, even when it's targeted to people who have shown some 'interest' it's an inferior method compared to even product placement which is subliminal. I know if a blogger has gained my trust for being authentic and knowledgable in something, I will always consider their recommendations, but currently have little way to micro compensate them. Even on this forum there are users who's opinions I rate very highly, and if there was an easy way to tip them I would more often (i.e browser plugin). I'm not going to open a wallet and send them 50 cents, but I would if it literally was one click in my browser.

I don't think anyone ever paid their rent from their TipJar.

If you have a specific project, you can crowdfund to get the necessary economy-of-scale to make it work. But just TipJar that sits there is afaik pretty much insignificant.

So while it sounds nice, the economics ostensibly don't work:

Read the linked "why ChangeTip must die".

Perhaps you will argue that tips will be greater if people have an easier and more instant way to tip.

Let's say I have 10,000 readers per month at my blog, and 5% of them tip me on average 50 cents. That is $250 per month. That won't even pay rent. And 5% is I think fairly high conversion rate.

Also I think people get tired of tipping. It sounds nice and everyone is motivated at the start, but over time they will grow weary of the cognitive load of, "who do I tip this month?". They have to organize all their web activity and analyze it. The cognitive load is the real killer.

boomboom

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:02:30 AM

What is happening to Synereo guys, more than +500% during the night?

Looks like the party has stalled, down to 16k now. Could go either way now
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:17:38 AM

Yes, watching it closely and hesitating to buy a few more from the profit made when it did +500%.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:49:40 AM

Got to admire the type of people who are investing in Synereo's AMPs:

once a druggie, always a druggie.

Nope. Only alcohol now. I am sure of that. She hates marijuana now. And recently she got a job again putting the rivets into the airplanes we fly in. So you better stop flying Boeing.

I don't think Synereo will want to be associated with you any more, because if people read about your proclamation that no one can improve themselves, then this present Synereo in a very bad public image if they don't disown your comments. Since you were the primary supporter of Synereo in this forum having started the discussion threads about it.

boomboom

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:59:52 PM

Yes, watching it closely and hesitating to buy a few more from the profit made when it did +500%.

I think it might stay at these levels until we see a beta version, then .... who knows .... if the software works and the GUI is user friendly we could top 100M USD almost immediately. I don't like to over hype things, but this time it feels a tad different. If the Synereo team deliver the goods it'll generate a lot of attention as FB is so dominant, and doesn't have any real competition in the engslish peaking world.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:01:18 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 02:30:57 AM by TPTB_need_war

if the software works and the GUI is user friendly we could top 100M USD almost immediately. I don't like to over hype things, but this time it feels a tad different. If the Synereo team deliver the goods it'll generate a lot of attention as FB is so dominant, and doesn't have any real competition in the engslish peaking world.

LiarBLATANTLY FALSE:

boomboom

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:16:42 AM

Liar:

Cool it man! I mean facebook has by far the largest number of active users in the english speaking world, so for most people 'Facebook' is THE english speaking social network. I'm not claiming to be an expert in this area, and not trying to deliberately deceive, so calling me a liar is too strong. Ignorant I may be on many things, but not a liar.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:30:25 AM

Liar:

Cool it man! I mean facebook has by far the largest number of active users in the english speaking world, so for most people 'Facebook' is THE english speaking social network. I'm not claiming to be an expert in this area, and not trying to deliberately deceive, so calling me a liar is too strong. Ignorant I may be on many things, but not a liar.

My point is that in terms of what Synereo's beta portends to do (decentralized social networking), there is a laundry list of competitors already. So to say that FB has no competition from decentralized social networks is true but to say it has no decentralized social networking competitors is BLATANTLY FALSE.

You have given no justification for any feature that Synereo claims to have that would make the result for it any different than any of the other in laundry list of decentralized social networking projects. Thus you have provided no logical support to claim Synereo will get a lot of attention, when there are so many attempts before it (even which are ongoing projects).

Well the reason I am posting adamantly is because I has already posted (in this thread) that information about the laundry list of competitors to Synereo two times before you posted (and by now four times). And you are making a statement to pump up the value of AMPs to n00bs who don't understand that what you wrote is BLATANTLY FALSE.

I edited my post and changed "Liar" to "BLATANTLY FALSE". Apology for using the imprecise word.

Please, please read the thread carefully before posting claims that could influence speculators to acquire or dispose of AMPs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: