Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is what you want  (Read 1551 times)
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 06:31:26 PM

Litecoin is a bag of shit dump it

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
jpdorn

Activity: 429
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:55:02 PM

Dont forget that 25% OF ALL are in 3 wallets.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:57:53 PM

The bull market (is here and is coming) is coming in Bitcoin and that means that Litecoin will thrive. Now it starts in all its good timing. LTC will fulfill your wishes and then some. Snowden approves of this.

Okay! Thanks for your valuable opinion!
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:48:41 AM

garbage
What makes you say that OP?

We foresee a rise in Bitcoin because of the halving. Usually Litecoin rises when Bitcoin rises, mostly because factors that cause the rise are similar for both coins. Since  this anticipated rise will be because of the Bitcoin halving, I can't see it effecting Litecoin all that much.
You contradicted yourself but I agree w/ your point and that was my main historical issue here. Until LTC doesn't mirror on steroids what BTC does during a halving, then my point doesn't stand. Yet, we're upon something special going forward and that is why the stable LTC is so valuable as we move forward. I have a small stake compared to my btc holdings but I posted this for different reasons considering this place is filled w/ on-the-other-side predictions for alts that are unknown to react or whatever. LTC is tried and true for mega-gains during a BTC bull run as many folks can't afford to breeze this run as it is too expensive, hence LTC as always.
jpucela14

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:15:20 AM

The main difference between BTC and LTC is that the price is quite constant for LTC...

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:36:40 PM

garbage
What makes you say that OP?

We foresee a rise in Bitcoin because of the halving. Usually Litecoin rises when Bitcoin rises, mostly because factors that cause the rise are similar for both coins. Since  this anticipated rise will be because of the Bitcoin halving, I can't see it effecting Litecoin all that much.
You contradicted yourself but I agree w/ your point and that was my main historical issue here. Until LTC doesn't mirror on steroids what BTC does during a halving, then my point doesn't stand. Yet, we're upon something special going forward and that is why the stable LTC is so valuable as we move forward. I have a small stake compared to my btc holdings but I posted this for different reasons considering this place is filled w/ on-the-other-side predictions for alts that are unknown to react or whatever. LTC is tried and true for mega-gains during a BTC bull run as many folks can't afford to breeze this run as it is too expensive, hence LTC as always.

Furthermore, a lot of people have forgotten about this:

1. Lots of people dumped their BTC, LTC and other coins for ponzi/ipo coins like Ether.

2. Everyone anticipates Bitcoin bull run, new ath, etc. so a lot of people are waiting, and few are selling.

This is not the case for LTC. People don't expect it anymore, and there are few left who hold, which makes the stable price even more remarkable (new LTC are mined and sold every single day, and despite the incredible sell pressure on LTC, it remained stable).

This also means that, if BTC rises, and demand for LTC increases suddenly, the price will go up much faster and much harder.

It's a risk, but I believe it is one worth taking Smiley
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:22:44 PM

Definitely worth holding/buying:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features and active development look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:52:38 PM

I will always keep an eye on litecoin because history has proven that it can always move up and get pumped enough for making a quick profit. and as long as usage I don't find anything interesting about litecoin that makes me want to invest in it for a long term.

Only Bitcoin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:59:28 PM

Litecoin works well as does doge as a currency and gives security that most coins do not have. When btc wallets are frozen at exchanges everyone runs to ltc and doge

It's slow and seemingly non existent development (although it is kept up to date very well with important core changes) is due to the fact there is no ltc funding in place for the development team.

I hope to address this here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1428263.0

LTC holders/miners come have your say.

frankywill

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:37:52 AM

i have my old usb key from ltc rabbit and i never spend my ltc i mine about 35 and they are still on my wallet im sure litecoin gone come back like you say because its secure and stable
VerdinaNET

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 05:04:53 AM

In my oppinion Litecoin will always be lower in value compared to Bitcoin. Everybody wants to always invest in the "winner", not 2nd place. Also you don't want the thing that is "just    like Bitcoin". You want Bitcoin.

https://verdina.net/
Quality Dedicated Server in BG/EU!
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:05:29 AM

Sorry Litecoin is no longer ASIC-resistant and trading volume is too low (illiquid):

Btw, I think a double-top for ETH at $15 is likely. Too much bad news has come out, sentiment is negative, and I had always said it would bounce at $7. There needs to be a GPU mineable alternative to Bitcoin, same as the role Litecoin provided. It doesn't matter that ETH has no adoption. It is purely a store-of-value arbitrage/speculation proposition.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: