Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST HARDWARE FOR 1 BITCOIN?  (Read 1532 times)
jpucela14 (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:41:59 PM

Im looking for hardware to mine bitcoins, my top price is 1BTC. Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:48:42 PM

My advise is to go with an Antminer S7 (2nd hand though since the brand new one is at 1.36 BTC on bitmain itself - excluding shipping). In case you were looking for overall expense of 1 BTCitcoin then, you should wait and purchase it after the halving since it's price has been decreasing recently and surely will decrease further more in months to come (It's the most efficient one at the moment).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Krayshock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:50:23 PM

Antminer S7 is the best choice, mate.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:09:16 PM

Might be a bit hard to get a S7 for 1BTC shipped, especially if he need a PSU for it too. Also it might not even be good for him, depending on his electricity rate.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:21:59 PM

Might be a bit hard to get a S7 for 1BTC shipped, especially if he need a PSU for it too. Also it might not even be good for him, depending on his electricity rate.
In that case, wait for hardware after the halving as right now, no miner is expected to roi because of difficulty and the halving. Bitfury said they'd release their chips near the halving, but apparently many people guess that because of TSMC, the date may be as late as early fall 2016. Purely speculation, Bitfury may be at the top of TSMC's list and it may be in time, but the estimate says that we could be going into the halving with S7-style efficiency.
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:05:45 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 07:03:29 AM by jpucela14

I live in spain by the way and customs are quite unhelpful...

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:50:58 AM

If you have 1 BTC, I'd keep it and not waste it on a mining gear. Why? Because whatever mining gear you buy today will NOT break even, you will LOSE your 1 BTC. If your heart is set on wasting your btc buying a miner, send your btc to me and I will keep it for you.  Grin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:11:56 AM

then no miner it's good for him, because the s7 is currenctly the most efficient

if he can find one used, he would get out with it for 1 btc, maybe in his location to avoid shipping
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:05:28 AM

If you have 1 BTC, I'd keep it and not waste it on a mining gear. Why? Because whatever mining gear you buy today will NOT break even, you will LOSE your 1 BTC. If your heart is set on wasting your btc buying a miner, send your btc to me and I will keep it for you.  Grin
hahahaa I'll think about it...  Wink

jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:06:31 AM

then no miner it's good for him, because the s7 is currenctly the most efficient

if he can find one used, he would get out with it for 1 btc, maybe in his location to avoid shipping
I'll look for second hand one here in spain... I'll keep you in touch

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:53:34 PM

I think you are fighting a hard battle.  Most gear in EU costs more then it's worth due to vat/import tax.  So your used gear..... chances are you would pay more then it's worth.

I suggest you buy something and have it hosted somewhere, as EU tends to have high electricity prices to in a lot of cases.  Add that to the vat/import.. very hard to start profitable mining.  You might be better off buying 1 coin and hold then mining in your area.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:00:39 PM

I think you are fighting a hard battle.  Most gear in EU costs more then it's worth due to vat/import tax.  So your used gear..... chances are you would pay more then it's worth.

I suggest you buy something and have it hosted somewhere, as EU tends to have high electricity prices to in a lot of cases.  Add that to the vat/import.. very hard to start profitable mining.  You might be better off buying 1 coin and hold then mining in your area.
Hosting is a good bet, there are many reliable hosters out there, and unless your elec is cheap like notlist3d just said, you would  probably be better off holding 1 btc and selling it after the halving. Trading is a great idea as well, but if you don't have experience it's not suggested as you could lose a lot of money. Wait for the Bitfury 16nm miners to come out, and snag one. You'll likely make a bit of profit as their efficiency will be enough to keep mining past the halving, unlike our overhyped s7s which will quickly become unprofitable very soon.
omegaaf

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

A bitmain s7 is the way to GO! People on this forum regularly give away 100$ off coupons for this bad boy so keep an eye out. Good luck mining

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150827084021471OHYdwd9D06A0

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:08:58 PM

A bitmain s7 is the way to GO! People on this forum regularly give away 100$ off coupons for this bad boy so keep an eye out. Good luck mining

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150827084021471OHYdwd9D06A0

You linked to batch one... that is not going to be what is current.  Current would be one fan model - https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201603310959482268cfunbq106E5

But read part about being in EU.  I really think he would have a hard time, and it's not going to fit mentioned budget of under 1 BTC by any means.  EU is a hard place for miners in general (few exceptions but not many).
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:17:00 PM

Maybe try your luck on OpenBazaar as they just opened you just might get lucky and find one in your area.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:59:31 AM

Thank you soi much to all of you for your help... I've been mining for a while now but i know that in Europe is quite difficult to get profit   even whis S7's...  Cry
I'll take a look for new hardware...
Thank you again

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:03:02 PM

Thank you soi much to all of you for your help... I've been mining for a while now but i know that in Europe is quite difficult to get profit   even whis S7's...  Cry
Thank you again

Best of luck, sadly I don't see EU changing much.  Due to vat/import it is argubly one of the hardest places to profit on mining gear from initial investment.  Miners are just to expensive over there most of time.

You are far better of buying and hosting somewhere out of EU I think.  As far as new hardware... all speculation no one can really say much on when/what we will see.  But new gear does not change EU vat/import tax sadly for EU miners.   So I still see hardware as to high to start in most cases there.
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:15:58 PM

Thank you again

Best of luck, sadly I don't see EU changing much.  Due to vat/import it is argubly one of the hardest places to profit on mining gear from initial investment.  Miners are just to expensive over there most of time.

You are far better of buying and hosting somewhere out of EU I think.  As far as new hardware... all speculation no one can really say much on when/what we will see.  But new gear does not change EU vat/import tax sadly for EU miners.   So I still see hardware as to high to start in most cases there.
what do you mean whit buy and hosting? What do you think about investing in cloud mining?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:41:14 PM

Thank you again

what do you mean whit buy and hosting? What do you think about investing in cloud mining?

I prefer owning equipment over cloudming.  Sadly most cloud mining are ponzi schemes, if you really want to do it go hashnest.  But still I would own hardware.

You can buy a S7 and find a good hosting center for it.  There are several that advertise on the forums.  But buy and have it shipped and hosted there vs going to EU.  Save on vat and chances are on electricity price to.
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:14:47 AM

Maybe try your luck on OpenBazaar as they just opened you just might get lucky and find one in your area.
Nothing in my area....  Cry Anyways, thank you so much for your idea

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: