Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XLM] Stellar - Decentralized trading platform  (Read 243229 times)
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:04:11 AM

A new stablecoin launching on the Stellar network is pegged to the Australian dollar and is being pitched for consumer and business use. CoinDesk
https://www.coindesk.com/new-stablecoin-tied-to-australian-dollar-is-launching-on-stellars-blockchain/
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:57:59 PM

New Stablecoin Tied to Australian Dollar Is Launching on Stellar's Blockchain

A new stablecoin is launching on the Stellar blockchain that's designed to hold its value with the Australian dollar (AUD) and is being pitched for consumer and business uses.

Announced Tuesday at the Money 20/20 conference in Las Vegas, Novatti Group, an Australian online payments processor, will issue the Novatti AUD Utility Token beginning on November 19. The token will be backed 1-for-1 with AUD held in a trust.

While traditionally, stablecoins have been a tool for cryptocurrency traders to move money quickly between exchanges, Novatti envisions its token being used for more common use cases, like remittances or purchases.

More - https://www.coindesk.com/new-stablecoin-tied-to-australian-dollar-is-launching-on-stellars-blockchain/
technically, stellar is superior, and a really nice currency. but I wonder why they use Stellar blockchain to create a stable coin? they could create coins on their own blockchain.

Because you need a blockchain infrastructure. If you launch your own, you need to build a network. Launching a colored coin (stable or otherwise) on an existing, established, secure network that is designed for high throughput, inexpensive transactions, and a low fees is a no brainer.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:59:16 PM

Several projects that I follow were initially run on stellar but for some reason, then they start using ethereum  Huh I do not understand why this is happening  Huh

You mean ICO projects? I also noticed this, that some ICOs left Stellar in favor Ethereum (FlipNpik for example). I don't know why, because Stellar look like working more faster than Ethereum. May be because users want not participiate in Stellar ICOs and register new wallets or developers just afraid that they can't raise money selling tokens on new blockchain...

Wasn't there also some project that left Eth and moved their tokens to Stellar? Yea, Kix. Seems they have tokens on both now though.

Yes, this is possibly was as well. As far as i know one project wanted to move their tokens from Ethereum to Stellar blockchain (this was Rate3). But I don't know they did it or not as i lost interest to this project. How many existed tokens in total Stellar blocckchain have so far? They are trading on exchanges without problem (stellar tokens i mean) ?

I can't say how many Stellar chain tokens run on exchanges, but they can all be traded on StellarX without issue.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:01:45 PM

A new stablecoin launching on the Stellar network is pegged to the Australian dollar and is being pitched for consumer and business use. CoinDesk
https://www.coindesk.com/new-stablecoin-tied-to-australian-dollar-is-launching-on-stellars-blockchain/
Circle USD is one of the most interesting thing related to fiat trading pairs I found when reading the article.
To be honest, Stellar has had significant growth in the year.

Except that USDC is an ERC-20 token that runs on Etherum as is Genie $ USDG.

I think Stellar has more stable coins than Eth at this point.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

Except that USDC is an ERC-20 token that runs on Etherum as is Genie $ USDG.

I think Stellar has more stable coins than Eth at this point.

At different point of time, each sort of USD* will be the most stable, profitable one for investors.
Personally, I think it is really hard to call something is the best forever.

I really wasn't raking them.

Also, I see a lot of the articles about these coins calling them "pegged" vs "backed". There is a huge difference.

A "pegged" coin is usually manipulated to remain at a certain exchange value... For example, BitShares. There is nothing backing or underlying the value.

While a backed coin is basically one that is issued in exchange for actual Fiat (or bullion, or other asset) in an Escrow and it always exchangeable to that underlying asset. This is where Tether (supposedly), USDC, USDG, WSD, AnchorUSD, TrueUSD, and others fall. This is also why they aren't trustless, you need to trust the custodian to be honest and not issue more than the Escrowed underlying asset and also to honor the exchange, ie burning (or sequestering) the redeemed coin and sending the underlying asset.

While their values could fluctuate on the open market since they are backed by the underlying asset they are always worth 1 unit of that asset. Due to this the value will pretty much remain there. Why would you pay $1.50 for a WSD, when you can go directly to the White Company and buy them at $1 each. Why would you sell them for less than $1 when you can go to the White Company and sell them for $1 each.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:18:22 AM

https://nexo.io/stellar-loan
Vote for Stellar to be added as collateral for Nexo's instant crypto-backed loans

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Endemicc

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:38:06 PM

Stellar continues to amaze me with his breakthroughs.Now I understand that this project will be completely permanent, but I'm a little late.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:56:36 PM

Stellar continues to amaze me with his breakthroughs.Now I understand that this project will be completely permanent, but I'm a little late.

No, you are not too late to catch this from my point of view this is still undervalued. It could potentially reach get more higher market cap in coming days if you discover this than don't hesitate just join this party and have fun in long term.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
exer20

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 05:34:24 AM

Yes.
Stellar kept hearty even with the recent general fall of the entire crypt.
I think that in the future he has There are chances to shoot, if only because it is a platform.
And not a very bad platform.
Some large projects, such as CIN, are even going to transfer their coins to the Stellar blockchain, from the Slow blockchain.

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
im_not_dazzled

Activity: 325
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:40:06 AM

I think that Stellar project has been developed very very intensively this year.
Moreover, the Stellar project has  built up so many new partnerships this year.
In a word, congratulations Stellarians!
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:30:52 AM

I think that Stellar project has been developed very very intensively this year.
Moreover, the Stellar project has  built up so many new partnerships this year.

We are at the halfway point of competition between Stellar and Ripple ,and things are getting interesting. It's neck and neck as those two  all push to be first to pick up new financial institutions this year.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:31:42 AM

Moreover, the Stellar project has  built up so many new partnerships this year.

We are at the halfway point of competition between Stellar and Ripple ,and things are getting interesting. It's neck and neck as those two  all push to be first to pick up new financial institutions this year.

Title of this thread is "[ANN][XLM] Stellar - Decentralized trading platform". How the word "Decentralized" agrees with "financial institutions" that you mention? Isn't it oxymoron?
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:33:11 PM
Merited by BitcoinArsenal (1)

In this long article Stellar Lumen is analyzed in detail, from birth through his creator Jed McCaleb, former creator of Mx-Gox and co-founder of Ripple with Chris Larsen; the partnership with IBM, the birth of the StellarTerm decentralized platform, is analyzed and studied; the birth of a new stablecoin anchored on the Stellar blockchain, etc.

https://blog.zerononcense.com/2018/10/26/reasons-to-be-extremely-bullish-about-stellar-lumens-xlm/

There has been accumulation for several months on the Stellar chart, and sooner or later there will be a huge price explosion, as has happened several times in the past.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:01:36 AM

Moreover, the Stellar project has  built up so many new partnerships this year.

We are at the halfway point of competition between Stellar and Ripple ,and things are getting interesting. It's neck and neck as those two  all push to be first to pick up new financial institutions this year.

Title of this thread is "[ANN][XLM] Stellar - Decentralized trading platform". How the word "Decentralized" agrees with "financial institutions" that you mention? Isn't it oxymoron?

I see  you're not familiar with   Stellar mission. Any financial institution  can bring to bear  Stellar API and declare themselves a gateway between crypto and fiat money. Google to find the list of banks Stellar  is partnered with.

I see you're not familiar what Decentralization means. Using one organization's API is the opposite.
rebrik7

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:19:17 PM

I think that comparing Stellar and Ripple is actually not entirely correct. And such a discussion should be placed in a separate thread of the forum.
As for the Stellar Lumens itself, the bright future is not far off. The more an ecosystem develops, the more projects and tokens appear on the platform, then better for all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:43:13 AM

I think that comparing Stellar and Ripple is actually not entirely correct. And such a discussion should be placed in a separate thread of the forum.
As for the Stellar Lumens itself, the bright future is not far off. The more an ecosystem develops, the more projects and tokens appear on the platform, then better for all.

This is a good place to compare stellar and ripple, it is a good discussion topic for both projects, most here would own both tokens.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:28:14 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2022, 08:30:49 PM by naska21

Ukraine2020

Activity: 826
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:29:33 PM

A new stablecoin is launching on the Stellar blockchain that's designed to hold its value with the Australian dollar (AUD) and is being pitched for consumer and business uses.

Announced Tuesday at the Money 20/20 conference in Las Vegas, Novatti Group, an Australian online payments processor, will issue the Novatti AUD Utility Token beginning on November 19. The token will be backed 1-for-1 with AUD held in a trust.

While traditionally, stablecoins have been a tool for cryptocurrency traders to move money quickly between exchanges, Novatti envisions its token being used for more common use cases, like remittances or purchases.

More - https://www.coindesk.com/new-stablecoin-tied-to-australian-dollar-is-launching-on-stellars-blockchain/
technically, stellar is superior, and a really nice currency. but I wonder why they use Stellar blockchain to create a stable coin? they could create coins on their own blockchain.

Because it is a public platform. The public blockchain is transparent and reliable. And in the case of Stellar , this is also a fast and cheap blockchain.
rebrik7

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:32:03 PM

Because it is a public platform. The public blockchain is transparent and reliable. And in the case of Stellar , this is also a fast and cheap blockchain.
Public, transparent, fast, cheap - is it not componenets of a successful project? I think yes, and Stellar has even more.
I like the name most of all other - Stellar Lumens. Sounds great Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:38:24 AM

Coinbase lising wont be announced today but I suppose anytime by november.interstellar will be hosting VISA, circle is part of coinbase and has xlm already, one senior president of coinbase is part of stellar its but ovious that the coin to be listed next on coinbase is going to be stellar.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: