Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XLM] Stellar - Decentralized trading platform  (Read 243228 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:08:52 PM

Have the same question, what is XLA?
If author decided to post a link, it would be good if he also write a few words about with additional information. As for me, I don't like to openthird-party  links, excepting that is on my bookmark tab.

I did find a link at that link to follow. Apparently, it is a fork of Stellar. XLA is to XLM as BCH is to BTC.  

There's no information about why this fork will be better than Stellar or different, or why it's being done. They talk about being able to trade XLM for XLA at 1:5 ratio after the fork.

So, basically, it is someone or someones trying to make money out of nothing. Or to trick people into thinking XLM is changing to XLA and sending them your sweet XLM.

If XLA does get any kind of market, I will sell it all and buy XLM with the proceeds, just like I did with my BCH converting it to BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soliton

Activity: 969
Merit: 683

___________/\_______

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:26:18 PM

so the rumour is true that we need to send our document just for this airdrop ? i mean, we need to verify our data just for $25 ?
what happen if they are using our document for crime or money laundering or something like that ?
it has been decided or verified yet ? or ... what ?
(i just can't believe it)

This setup is sure not for me. Sound crazy to reveal my ID and back up it by papers for $25,  this is a total come-on. 
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

so the rumour is true that we need to send our document just for this airdrop ? i mean, we need to verify our data just for $25 ?
what happen if they are using our document for crime or money laundering or something like that ?

This setup is sure not for me. Sound crazy to reveal my ID and back up it by papers for $25,  this is a total come-on. 

Well, don't do it, then. I understand wanting privacy. Of course, the first time you use XLM with anyone that does know your ID, the jig is up.

I for one welcome a few million more XLM uses. Even if I expect a large amount of the coin will be sold right away. I've been waiting for another buying opportunity and wish I had bought a lot more when it was at $.04 not all that long ago.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:44:27 PM

I disagree with "total come-on" too. How else would you suggest they prevent fraud? ie the same person setting up hundreds of accounts to get multiple air drops?
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:40:07 PM

I disagree with "total come-on" too. How else would you suggest they prevent fraud? ie the same person setting up hundreds of accounts to get multiple air drops?

Than what the methodology behind this airdrop structure where a lot of people have concerns regarding privacy matter. They should follow the old method to make airdrop for BTC holders via sign message which is more interesting.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
wry

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:17:51 PM

I just want to echo this.  I love Stellar and its idealism but this "airdrop" is borderline cynical.  It seems like Blockchain is using it to build their user base for their trading platform which I could not care less about.   It would have been nice if we could claim without having to give over our government issued photo ID to Blockchain.

They are Stellar's coins and their's to give out how they please.  I understand wanting to avoid people who farm the system, but being used as pawn for Blockchain is just weak beyond words.

I still love Stellar and wish it the best!

Bitvest.io - Plinko Dice & More Gambling Site - Play/Invest - Amazing chat rewards!  Click now, thank me later!
Bitvest is a no?  Give Stake! a go! Good Luck!
rebrik7

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

If author decided to post a link, it would be good if he also write a few words about with additional information. As for me, I don't like to openthird-party  links, excepting that is on my bookmark tab.

I did find a link at that link to follow. Apparently, it is a fork of Stellar. XLA is to XLM as BCH is to BTC.  

There's no information about why this fork will be better than Stellar or different, or why it's being done. They talk about being able to trade XLM for XLA at 1:5 ratio after the fork.

So, basically, it is someone or someones trying to make money out of nothing. Or to trick people into thinking XLM is changing to XLA and sending them your sweet XLM.

If XLA does get any kind of market, I will sell it all and buy XLM with the proceeds, just like I did with my BCH converting it to BTC.
Looks somehow suspicious, if to be honest. Too little general information, technical details etc. Strange website in my opinion. In comparison Bitcoin fork BCH had a strong support in crypto community. Here I see that almost nobody knows what is it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:39:29 PM

Looks somehow suspicious, if to be honest. Too little general information, technical details etc. Strange website in my opinion. In comparison Bitcoin fork BCH had a strong support in crypto community. Here I see that almost nobody knows what is it.

You're talking about the dot org site. I'm not going to link to it here, because to me it's a scam money grab.
tentan

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:58:17 AM

Hoping Stellar team can clarify about this hardfork thing. Its really fishy that they even offer 1XLM = 30 XLA if u ever send to them.
Pedity_asset

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:51:02 AM

Sorry for the inactivity, we are happy to announce the release of Pedity Alpha v0.1
https://medium.com/@pedity/what-more-can-you-do-with-stellar-pedi-alpha-v0-1-83dd2f2c569c
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:13:27 AM

Check out this video about the latest Stellar movements and how Coinbase listing could affect XLM price:

https://coincodex.tv/videos/332/xcurrent-update-40-ripple-lawsuit-and-stellar-coinbase-discussion

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:32:32 AM

Check out this video about the latest Stellar movements and how Coinbase listing could affect XLM price:

https://coincodex.tv/videos/332/xcurrent-update-40-ripple-lawsuit-and-stellar-coinbase-discussion

Coinbase lost its charm now it is not effective like it was before look over the price history of BAT. What happened with token before listing and after this event. I think now it will remain on the same level as it looking stable.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:52:12 AM

Have you seen the big news about the first stellar token being listed on Bitfinex on the 19th? It’s called WOLLO from Pigzbe. Great milestones for Stellar. I think Stellar should communicate more on social network and twitter about this event.
" https://twitter.com/hashtag/wollotoken "

Maybe what you mean is the link I mentioned above.
I see that Wollo is a Token and for Pigbze is Pocket Money: Reinvented. A digital piggy wallet for children age 6+ ick Kickstarter coming soon!

Both words are meaningful in Tweeter.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

Hoping Stellar team can clarify about this hardfork thing. Its really fishy that they even offer 1XLM = 30 XLA if u ever send to them.

I'm 99.99% sure XLA has nothing to do with the SDF at all. It is a cash grab fork by some scammer person/group. Do NOT send them your XLM.
vozphongtom

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:28:29 PM

XLM have a biggest Airdrop this is good for everyone have account on blockchain that they must KYC  .

i hope the XLM price will higher and higher on next month
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:37:57 PM

XLM is making exceptional progress with the development and the growth of its platform. The most recent aidrop was a well thought method aimed to attract the attention of the average crypto enthusiast. What I like most about XLM is the zero-fee decentralized exchanges which they have launched a month ago. Well done!
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:21:49 PM

XLM have a biggest Airdrop this is good for everyone have account on blockchain that they must KYC  .

I also hope that it can happen. This is considered a huge bonus for everyone because there are up to $ 125,000,000 distributed to KYC participants. I believe that XLM has a very good development strategy and prices will certainly increase very high in the future

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:31:56 PM

I also hope that it can happen. This is considered a huge bonus for everyone because there are up to $ 125,000,000 distributed to KYC participants. I believe that XLM has a very good development strategy and prices will certainly increase very high in the future

People are afraid to submit their documents just for few dollars I think this is useless to give our personal information. They should should find alternative way to make this process transparent and  fair instead of collecting documents.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:51:48 PM

People are afraid to submit their documents just for few dollars I think this is useless to give our personal information. They should should find alternative way to make this process transparent and  fair instead of collecting documents.

In fact, it is ridiculous and risky to give your documents "only" to receive 20-25 $; I can understand if you need to withdraw $ from an exchange and make a bank transfer to your current account but providing information in this way is absurd!

Changing for a moment, in the article below is well explained why IBM has chosen as its own partner Stellar and its blockchain, instead of Ripple, making sense the enormous potential that will be developed when the whole system will be fully operational.

https://cryptoinsider.com/ibm-stellar-challenging-ripple-payments/
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:33:32 PM

I'm not familiar with how the Stellar wallet is working (first time used it) and so, willing to transfer my STL tokens to my Nano Ledger, i've copied the address which appears doing a mouseover over the Smartland asset in the wallet in the Ledger, and which is GCKA6K5PCQ6PNF5RQBF7PQDJWRHO6UOGFMRLK3DYHDOI244V47XKQ4GP. AFTER HAVING SENT some STL I have understood that that is likely just the address of the token itself:

https://www.stellarx.com/markets/SLT:GCKA6K5PCQ6PNF5RQBF7PQDJWRHO6UOGFMRLK3DYHDOI244V47XKQ4GP

1. Is there a way to get back the STL which I've sent to that address?
2. I'd recommend Stellar's team to fix the layout of the wallet in such a way that people don't fall for this mistake. At first glance it looks not like the address of the asset, it looks more like YOUR address. What if someone send there by mistake ALL of his funds?

Are you sure that Nano Ledger supporting Stellar tokens? I just used this wallet for stellar: https://stellarterm.com
This is like Myetherwallet for ERC tokens. This wallet supporting Stellar tokens as well

Well, I HAVE managed to store STL tokens on Ledger, so this proves it's possible. My problem is at at the first attempt I've apparently sent tokens to the STL contract instead to my address, since that is the address it popped up on mouseover in the wallet, and I'm wondering if there is any way to get those tokens back. And I'd also recommend the Stellar team to make the wallet more user-friendly so that people don't fall for my same mistake, perhaps with all their assets.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: