Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NVC is based on broken PPC code  (Read 5390 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 12:56:16 AM

No one was hiding the fact its another RUcoin, right, so a few million pre-mined is pretty much normal for them isn't it?

Actually one could argue that someone let the cat out of the bag too early since there weren't yet a couple of million pre-mined by the time it was mentioned here. I guess thats the flaw in trying to pre-mine by obscurity instead of by hard-coding your few million premined coins into block two.

-MarkM-

Ripple is 100% premined  Cheesy

Yeah, Ripple is brilliant that way, get everyone distracted with all the IOU and distributed-exchange stuff while sneaking in a 100% premined coin that does not need vast electrical consumption to secure it. Pretending XRP is not intended as a currency its just an anti-spam measure. Brill.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 01:01:34 AM

No one was hiding the fact its another RUcoin, right, so a few million pre-mined is pretty much normal for them isn't it?

"moneysupply" : 247758.79000000,

It was 117k yesterday (you can ask people in btc-e chat) and 18k before public release. So, there are 18k coins "pre-mined".
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 01:10:16 AM

Premine isn't a coin-killer anyway.

If anything, the fact that there are coins mined by any Tom DIck or Harry that has some hardware can be a bit of a killer, since a whole lot of those Toms Dicks and Harries throw away the coins they mine dirt cheap.

Once upon a time I was skeptical of the players who insisted on issuing 100%-premined coins, I never expected any of them to catch up with bitcoin in price. Yet most of them overtook bitcoin. Weird huh?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 06:17:09 AM

So NVC is broken and wasn't introduced properly, too bad...

I would be interested in a properly working and released scrypt-based proof of stake coin, however. And maybe not a complete copy of ppc otherwise would be nice. Variety is useful in alt-coins, clones not so much, in my opinion at least.
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 06:41:57 AM

Funny cause "No va" in Spanish means No Go or Doesn't Go or Not Going... No Go Coin/ Doesn't Go Coin/ Not Going Coin..  this coin wouldn't be popular in Mexico, or any country that speaks Spanish for that matter... why do you think the Chevy Nova didn't take off in Mexico? Because in Spanish it meant Chevy Not Going Car LOL.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 07:16:23 AM

i want my debug window :mad:
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 07:25:32 AM

Simran
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nova

nethead
Feature request accepted successfully Smiley
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:49:48 PM

There is no way to introduce a coin without Smoothie having a public melt down Smiley

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:47:54 AM

There is no way to introduce a coin without Smoothie having a public melt down Smiley

LOL actually no, litecoin did a good job. But then again we all want to be early adopters eh so we create a new coin and tell only our friends about it before making it publicly known.

hahaha

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 03:04:41 AM

Actually there is no need to create a new coin to be an early adopter, there are coins still running that have crazy-low difficulty so anyone can pick up a bunch of them very easily, heck you can even pick them up with merged-mining in some cases so you can get them using hashing you are already doing. Maybe eventually as even ASICs start being marginal due to driving difficulties up more and more ASIC miners will branch out into more and more merged chains but for now hardly anyone is merging more chains than bitparking and bitparking is only merging a few of the chains so there is plenty of room for early adoption still on a number of easy chains.

Hmm I guess maybe some people won't like me even saying this, it is a bit self-defeating maybe if anyone does in fact act on it, as right now people are able to just keep quietly harvesting them really easily simply because all the big miners don't bother with them yet. In a way the big miners are sitting back letting all the small people "pre-mine" the coins for the time being it seems. By the time the big players sit up and take notice many many small players could have some nice nest-eggs.

-MarkM-

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 05:33:08 AM

I'm waiting for someone to release a program that I can change 1 variable and then click a button and out it poops a new type of coin, everything prepackaged and ready to distribute.  Then tell everyone to invest!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: