Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 09:48:34 AM

... Tone Vays is a perfect example of your hard work and dedication to spin and innuendo paying dividends. Kudos!

Tone recently said he has a soft spot for Dash all the time. He only said that he has no favorite one.
Using ice's logic, monero is a Shitcoin as hell because he doesn't even say anything about it.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 10:32:48 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:46:25 AM by mprep

Good morning everyone.

I'd like to introduce one of the hardest working members of Dash Nation.

Alex-ru is a writer, A/V producer, and image creator. He's contributed to Dash in very creative ways despite being from Russia, where the government is taking a dim view of users of cryptos.

From the Dash ANN:

I've produced a big update (+ 100 new pictures!!!) of Alex-ru: DASH photo-bank (unofficial)

I hope they will inspire you to create more articles, presentations, videos, ... about Dash!

(you can always ask me for custom sizes, inscriptions and source images)

Anyone who wants some rad Dash wallpaper, look no further. Alex is a great guy, and an asset to Dash.

Have a great day,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:14:17 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 12:01:14 PM by toknormal

No one is perfect

Actually, I noticed the other day that Dash is about as perfect as it gets when it comes to supporting the three tenets of unbacked electronic cash.

As to ethics, there's nothing more ethical than promoting sound money Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:14:27 AM

…here’s bitcoin’s effort.

Not bad - at least it gets its priorities right Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:14:36 AM

...here’s cryptonote’s.

Oops ! Killed the most valuable bit by turning it into an encrypted transport layer.

Never mind, there might still be a market for that Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:14:44 AM

In terms of sound money, looks like Dash is the most complete (and therefore ethical) after all !

Quelle surprise.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:20:53 PM

three tenets of unbacked electronic cash.

That you made up. Nothing wrong with that of course. Just noticing.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 12:55:19 PM

three tenets of unbacked electronic cash.

That you made up. Nothing wrong with that of course. Just noticing.

I like how he (conveniently) leaves out trustless and decentralized, which you need unless you're trying to create the exact same system cryptosystem were built to disrupt, not that there's anything wrong with that, just seems kind of pointless.

Also, Toky, if you  knew better, you'd realize that public blockchain can be replaced with coinbase and still hold true, unless you think math is voodoo or witchcraft.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:12:13 PM

Also, Toky, if you  knew better, you'd realize that public blockchain can be replaced with coinbase

Unfortunately, it can't.

But I'm quite happy for you to wallpaper the rest of this thread with the false assertion that it can if you like. The reason I won't loose any sleep over it is that there has never in history, zip, nada instance neither Roman time nor Dinosaur time been a case where obfuscation enhanced monetary properties rather than diminished them (for a base monetary token that is).

Nothing to do with "math".

But like I say. Be my guest Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 03:42:22 PM

Also, Toky, if you  knew better, you'd realize that public blockchain can be replaced with coinbase

Unfortunately, it can't.

But I'm quite happy for you to wallpaper the rest of this thread with the false assertion that it can if you like. The reason I won't loose any sleep over it is that there has never in history, zip, nada instance neither Roman time nor Dinosaur time been a case where obfuscation enhanced monetary properties rather than diminished them (for a base monetary token that is).

Nothing to do with "math".

But like I say. Be my guest Wink

And I won't lose any sleep knowing that building a cryptosystem using the trust model is just layering (unnecessarily so) the same BS that inspired people like Satoshi to invent Bitcoin--unless you're saying you can't trust Bitcoin's coinbase either, are you?

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would trust you and Evan's defenders not to have instamined 30%, kept it, and used the rewards to buy more masternodes--but what really confuses me is why the people who would be dumb enough to trust a bunch of cryptoanarchist's posers wouldn't just use one of the many trust systems that banks and software companies will be advertising with established brands and decades, if not centuries, of experience--my guess is that your plan is to attempt to be just cryptoanarchist enough to fool early adopters who will be reading posts like this and say the exact thing I'm saying, "This is about the biggest pile of BS in the cryptosphere. How does anyone fall for this shit?"

But keep on throwing decentralized and Satoshi's dream out there--though I'm fairly certain that you are only netting near sighted speculators with that bait, and anyone who manages to do the least bit of due diligence is swimming for better waters. BTW, does Amanda realize her reputation is being used as bait? Maybe you should warn her Tok or do really believe your slight-of-hand buzzworded info-graphics meant to wow the dull witted, the research handicapped, or theoretically challenged? I mean, "If it's in an info-graph, it must be true? Right?"

Also, did you just give up on trying to prove that there isn't a trustless way to verify dash's masternode distribution? Let me guess, you're gonna try to say that a way that can be easily gamed by market manipulation proves that the nodes are being sold, the same false flag logic that you used to say the instamine was redistributed? Isn't that how it works? "See this graph of coins being sold and masternodes disappearing, which proves that there's redistribution!" Sure it does, if we assume the instaminers are honest, that no one ever manipulates markets, that masternodes fees can't be leveraged for more masternodes while selling a percentage for profit--sure, if all those things work exactly the way you explain to noobs, then you can call dash decentralized--I'll be waiting for your usual misdirection and scatterbrained explanations.

Or maybe you can just ignore the neon elephant in the room waving sparklers and singing, "God save the King, Evan reign supreme, take my next of kin and what's left of my Liberty!"

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:58:21 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 04:29:50 PM by toknormal

That was quite an entertaining read actually.

By the way - math may be reliable. The technology that implements it may not be.

Also, did you just give up on trying to prove that there isn't a trustless way to verify dash's masternode distribution?

Masternodes are not distributed amongst people. There is no association between a masternode and a person any more than there is with Bitconi nodes. (Unlike mining where a miner can load up a different version of the code and therefore influence a potential change in the actual network protocol itself to the extent of their contributed hashpower).

A person may hold a private key to a blockchain address which a masternode checks (for collateral) in order to make sure it should be running.

There is some association as far as spending a proportion of the blockchain reward though - in terms of a collateral holder being able to vote.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 04:37:38 PM

By the way - math may be reliable. The technology that implements it may not be.

Also, did you just give up on trying to prove that there isn't a trustless way to verify dash's masternode distribution?

Masternodes are not distributed amongst people. There is no association between a masternode and a person any more than there is with Bitconi nodes. A person may hold a private key to a blockchain address which a masternode checks (for collateral) in order to make sure it should be running.

There is some association as far as spending a proportion of the blockchain reward though - in terms of a collateral holder being able to vote.

Masternodes are owned by people, which means the distribution of power, fees, or whatever else you morons layer on them can't be distributed in a trustlessly decentralized way, but nice attempt to muddy the waters using the same semantics that separate a premine from an instamine. So you are now admitting that ownership isn't decentralized, but you can technically claim that the masternodes are? Or am I misreading your shillspeak? I don't have trouble reading Sylvia Plath or Nietzsche, but half-truths dressed up as technical jargon are a little under my pay-grade, so maybe you could just say it like a normal person and not one trying to hide something.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 04:40:37 PM

Good afternoon, folks.

Thank you toknormal for those informative infographics.

Dash developer Andy Freer is the dev who is responsible for Evolution coding. It is an exciting task, as he will be able to enjoy the fruits of his labors when digital cash becomes widespread due to Evolution's ease of use.

But is that Andy's motivation? He puts it into his own words here:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/why-is-andy-freer-1706245048.html

To Progress. To Optimism. To Decentralized Technology. To Dash.

#DashNation #IoM

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:54:09 PM

Quote from: kot, post: 91293
Dear Community Members,

Please allow me to share another report of the Dash core team progress. Below, you will find our report covering activities performed through the end of March, grouped by the four strategic areas of focus for 2016.

• Software Development
  • Dash core wallet - version 12.x (lead developer: Evan Duffield)

• the development work in progress
  • version 12.1 will fix existing governance issues (contracts, controls)
  • Evan worked out a new roadmap with detailed steps for development (to be published soon)
  • Dash Evolution Web Wallet(lead developer: Andy Freer).

• the team is making a good progress on the design work - majority of the technologies were already selected and tested. Lots of proof of concept delivered.
  • the team have set up a Jira board for each aspect of Evolution.
  • stories are created and progress is being made.
  • Skelton framework for the SPA has been completed and and acidburn will progress with this.
  • An early prototype to demonstrate the new architecture has been completed to prove that the selected technologies will work well together.
  • Dash wallet for Android - updated features (lead developer: HashEngineering):
  • multiple issues with the core part of the wallet fixed by HashEngineering
  • new look and feel improved by tomasz.ludek
  • testing on different Android versions and devices in progress
  • Dash iPhone Wallet
  • work on new wallet design is in progress
  • as foundation name has been changed, after it is published officially, the team is going for re-approval on Apple Store
  • Electrum-Dash wallet development (external vendor: Mazaclub)
  • Estimates for the work are collected
  • Development work started in close cooperation with the Dash core dev tam
  • MN operations functionality should be ready by the end of first week of May.
  • Dash network started to support Electrum-Dash server operations

Original version of the report is available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/March 2016 - Dash Core Team Monthly Report

BUMP
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:28:37 PM

Eventhough his posts are getting kinda repetative and desperate of nature and from time to time demonstrate a rather misinformed opinion, I think generalizethis deserves a thank you from
us morons for bumping our beloved thread so much :

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:45:59 PM

...from time to time demonstrate a rather misinformed opinion

Well here's someone who "gets it" as to why public blockchains are the first tennet of electronic 'money'. Expressed better than I ever could have.

Enjoy Wink
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:50:27 PM

...from time to time demonstrate a rather misinformed opinion

Well here's someone who "gets it" as to why public blockchains are the first tennet of electronic 'money' Wink

yeahhh its Amanda, thanks toknormal.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:51:47 PM

Eventhough his posts are getting kinda repetative and desperate of nature and from time to time demonstrate a rather misinformed opinion, I think generalizethis deserves a thank you from
us morons for bumping our beloved thread so much :

What is misinformed in this assessment? Also, am I any more repetitive than Tao's copypaste "Satoshi's dream, decentralized, we're controlling the narrative" get the noobs to these links hurry before they learn how craptacular we are speeches disguised as pleasant cheerleading?

Masternodes are not distributed amongst people. There is no association between a masternode and a person any more than there is with Bitconi nodes. A person may hold a private key to a blockchain address which a masternode checks (for collateral) in order to make sure it should be running.

Masternodes are owned by people, which means the distribution of power, fees, or whatever else you morons layer on them can't be distributed in a trustlessly decentralized way, but nice attempt to muddy the waters using the same semantics that separate a premine from an instamine. So you are now admitting that ownership isn't decentralized, but you can technically claim that the masternodes are? Or am I misreading your shillspeak? I don't have trouble reading Sylvia Plath or Nietzsche, but half-truths dressed up as technical jargon are a little under my pay-grade, so maybe you could just say it like a normal person and not one trying to hide something.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:56:27 PM

a dream now .. perfectly possible in the future

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:04:44 PM

What is misinformed in this assessment

Conflations of concepts like interest with taxation, coin holders with promisary notes, trusted parties with good governance, centralisation with protocol articulation, fungibility with obfuscation and monetary media media with transport protocols.

Also, am I any more repetitive than Tao's copypaste "Satoshi's dream, decentralized

Yes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: