Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:30:41 PM

The constant false narrative by the people who present half facts half spin is a big reason Dash has been held back for the last 2 years

It's actually very simple.

There is a philosophy in crypto that alludes to the existence of an innate legitimising authority. Kind of like "these are the rules, if you follow them, you are legit and if you don't you're not and neither's your marketcap".

It's bogus of course - for 2 reasons in particular:

[1] - crypto is decentralised, there is no 'legitimising authority' neither explicit or implied other than the market
[2] - crypto is unbacked money

What the latter point means is that the tokens are worth exactly zip when they are created. Nor are they regulated, nor is there any “ethical dimension” to their creation (Unless people want to read their own ethical dimensions into it in which there'll be as many 'ethical dimensions' as observers).

They are simply tokens that only have any value if the market says they have.

The emission rate, who got how much, whether the dev changed the properties after launch doesn't matter SQUAT other than they are just another bunch of things to be priced in amongst everything else.

Just as we’ve seen in this thread, they matter to more to some buyers and less to others (and for some still, they are an out and out religion).

I didn't buy Dash because of a "fair launch". I couldn't care less about whether a coin had a fair launch or not unless I think it's going to affect its future value. For two years the same few conflicted trolls on bitcointalk have been attempting to convince me otherwise and for 2 years they've been proved wrong so I'm not exactly losing sleep over it.

Markets always sort these things out because, unlike conflicted bitcointalk pseudo-religious crypto nutcase zealots, they take everything into account and price everything in.

There is no black and white. No "legit" or "not legit". It is what it is and gets priced appropriately.

Epic post, I'm in total accordance with this post Tok.
TrolerrosSome guys try to explain that there are rules, or "good practice" and "bad practice", but there is NO regulation, who make the rules?
-The market. (and for the moment Dash is #5 in marketcap.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 04:11:08 PM

The constant false narrative by the people who present half facts half spin is a big reason Dash has been held back for the last 2 years

It's actually very simple.

There is a philosophy in crypto that alludes to the existence of an innate legitimising authority. Kind of like "these are the rules, if you follow them, you are legit and if you don't you're not and neither's your marketcap".

It's bogus of course - for 2 reasons in particular:

[1] - crypto is decentralised, there is no 'legitimising authority' neither explicit or implied other than the market
[2] - crypto is unbacked money

What the latter point means is that the tokens are worth exactly zip when they are created. Nor are they regulated, nor is there any “ethical dimension” to their creation (Unless people want to read their own ethical dimensions into it in which there'll be as many 'ethical dimensions' as observers).

They are simply tokens that only have any value if the market says they have.

The emission rate, who got how much, whether the dev changed the properties after launch doesn't matter SQUAT other than they are just another bunch of things to be priced in amongst everything else.

Just as we’ve seen in this thread, they matter to more to some buyers and less to others (and for some still, they are an out and out religion).

I didn't buy Dash because of a "fair launch". I couldn't care less about whether a coin had a fair launch or not unless I think it's going to affect its future value. For two years the same few conflicted trolls on bitcointalk have been attempting to convince me otherwise and for 2 years they've been proved wrong so I'm not exactly losing sleep over it.

Markets always sort these things out because, unlike conflicted bitcointalk pseudo-religious crypto nutcase zealots, they take everything into account and price everything in.

There is no black and white. No "legit" or "not legit". It is what it is and gets priced appropriately.

Epic post, I'm in total accordance with this post Tok.
TrolerrosSome guys try to explain that there are rules, or "good practice" and "bad practice", but there is NO regulation, who make the rules?
-The market. (and for the moment Dash is #5 in marketcap.)

That's one the most ignorant things I've ever read. The rules (if that's what you want to call them) are just standards to ensure that the cryptocurrency is antifragile enough to disrupt fiat and legacy banking. Dash fails at being decentralized, fails at privacy and fails at being fungible because the idiots who built it didn't and don't understand these standards and that they aren't required out of some petty authoritarian concept, but the only way a cryptosystem is strong enough to work for the people and not the government--some day you'll wake up and realize that you slowly built ripple 2.0, and I'll be there to tell you, "I told you so, dumbass."

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 04:21:16 PM

Thank you to all my Dash Nation mates who have posted here in the spirit of this thread. Debunking myths, standing up to the school-boy bullies who it can now be seen have clear motives to discredit Dash at all costs, and focusing squarely on what the Dash Project is today and will be in the future.

Dash is about optimism, progress and decentralized technology. We're building the future digital cash Satoshi envisioned and all are welcome to join us.

Thank you to all who are bearing with us as we create our own identity. It's appreciated.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:27:47 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 05:21:31 PM by Lebubar

I'm not sure it has been posted here, but for more information about the road map just check this:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-2016-roadmap.8068/

https://dashtalk.org/threads/prioritization-of-fiat-gateways.8457/

And have a look the all the budgets we have this month (which is one of the most important part of the Dash feature, and which surely help the future and the success of Dash)

https://dashtalk.org/threads/april-2016-budget-proposal.8480/

Cheers to all losers that only look at past and can't see the bright future of Dash.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 05:40:43 PM

For any of my Twitter followers who may be perusing this thread, I'll be back to my usual posting once we establish ourselves here:

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/719938504805847040?s=09

As Arnold said, "ALL BE BACK."  Grin

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:03:31 PM

To anyone reading this, i could really use some help and with so many of you appearently viewing this thread i feel like its at least wearth a shot.
Six months ago i posted below cryptopuzzle somewhere on this world wide web and till this day nobody seems to have solved it.

Problems is that i kinda forgot the answer to this puzzle and my brain wont let me forget that .. its constantly nagging me about finding the answer.
So i'm giving you guys the chance to figure it out or have your brain nagg you about it from here on out  Grin

I just hope it turns out to be something usefull or remotely interesting.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 09:00:00 PM

Why are we so excited about Dash? Why does Dash have what it takes to challenge Bitcoin?

Let me tell you in person (5:30):

http://youtu.be/mtpeuGLaiqs

#DashNation #IoM

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:17:01 PM

That's one the most ignorant things I've ever read. The rules (if that's what you want to call them) are just standards to ensure that the cryptocurrency is antifragile enough to disrupt fiat and legacy banking. Dash fails at being decentralized, fails at privacy and fails at being fungible because the idiots who built it didn't and don't understand these standards and that they aren't required out of some petty authoritarian concept, but the only way a cryptosystem is strong enough to work for the people and not the government--some day you'll wake up and realize that you slowly built ripple 2.0, and I'll be there to tell you, "I told you so, dumbass."
Bitcoin fails at being decentralized. Look at those Chinese miners. The Chinese government could own Bitcoin just by knocking down a few doors. Meanwhile Blockstream is co-opting the whole blockchain and replacing the true P2P nature of the system (as Satoshi intended) with Lightning Network, which is basically dropping a Ripple-style network on top of Bitcoin and trying to convince the plebs to use it. What a stupid plan that will drive the real Bitcoin startups into the loving arms of other currencies like DASH.  
Bitcoin fails at privacy.  But protocol level solutions are coming any day now, right??
Bitcoin fails at being fungible. Just ask a few poor butters who couldn't cash out their BTC at Coinbase due to tainted history.

It's amazing to see the attention that DASH is getting from the FUDsters every day. It means that there's something very very wrong with DASH- it's bona fide competition to Bitcoin, and the Maximalists are worried! Sorry but the sacred Bitcoin monopoly will not hold forever.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:14:45 PM

That's one the most ignorant things I've ever read. The rules (if that's what you want to call them) are just standards to ensure that the cryptocurrency is antifragile enough to disrupt fiat and legacy banking. Dash fails at being decentralized, fails at privacy and fails at being fungible because the idiots who built it didn't and don't understand these standards and that they aren't required out of some petty authoritarian concept, but the only way a cryptosystem is strong enough to work for the people and not the government--some day you'll wake up and realize that you slowly built ripple 2.0, and I'll be there to tell you, "I told you so, dumbass."
Bitcoin fails at being decentralized.

So what? There are 1000+ other coins. Even if Bitcoin implodes into a singularity of melted chinese ASICs tomorrow, that doesn't mean any other coin would succeed and if one did that it would be the grandaddy of all instamine scams, Dash, of all choices.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:36:46 PM

Dash and the Rise of True Decentralization:

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/04/09/dash-rise-true-decentralization/

#DashNation #IoM

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:39:39 PM

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/04/09/dash-rise-true-decentralization/

#DashNation #IoM

Huge blocks of masternodes controlled by a few whales (hi Otoh!) and instaminers, Evan acknowledging full control over the voting system by insiders, masternode rewards going to enrich whales and insiders while ripping off people who try to use the coin for transactional purposes via inflation (assuming such people actually existed), etc.

None of this is "true decentralization". ROFL #spamthread
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:44:56 PM

BS

Wow, full steam now. Another joke or what?

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:46:08 PM

#DashNation #IoM

Huge blocks of masternodes controlled by a few whales (hi Otoh!) and instaminers, Evan acknowledging full control over the voting system by insiders, masternode rewards going to enrich whales and insiders while ripping off people who try to use the coin for transactional purposes via inflation (assuming such people actually existed), etc.

Have any new evidence to present? Found your "smoking gun"? If not, thanks for the thread bumps. You will not control the narrative about Dash through conjecture anymore, amigo.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:09:43 AM

#DashNation #IoM

Have any new evidence to present? Found your "smoking gun"? If not, thanks for the thread bumps. You will not control the narrative about Dash through conjecture anymore, amigo.

The huge blocks of masternodes controlled by a few whales (hi Otoh!) and instaminers, Evan acknowledging full control over the voting system by insiders, masternode rewards going to enrich whales and insiders while ripping off people who try to use the coin for transactional purposes via inflation (assuming such people actually existed), etc. are all highly relevant to discussion of this absurd "internet of money" premise being pushed by you and the other Dash pumpers.

We agree it is important to discuss this issue, so everyone can rationally evaluate the premise, but we disagree on exactly how to best discuss it. Fair enough, that's what forum discussion threads are for. The forum would be fairly uninteresting if it were nothing but a bunch of shilling wouldn't it?

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 12:26:14 AM

#DashNation #IoM

The huge blocks of masternodes controlled by a few whales (hi Otoh!) and instaminers, Evan acknowledging full control over the voting system by insiders, masternode rewards going to enrich whales and insiders while ripping off people who try to use the coin for transactional purposes via inflation (assuming such people actually existed), etc. are all highly relevant to discussion of this absurd "internet of money" premise being pushed by you and the other Dash pumpers.

We agree it is important to discuss this issue, so everyone can rationally evaluate the premise, but we disagree on exactly how to best discuss it. Fair enough, that's what forum discussion threads are for. The forum would be fairly uninteresting if it were nothing but a bunch of shilling wouldn't it?

You must hate this. I'm so sorry. How insensitive of me. You've been allowed to frame the Dash project through your conjecture for two years, and Tao comes along and so rudely rips it away from you, saying Dash should define itself. I hope you won't need counselling.

No one is buying your "half truth, half conjecture" discussion tactics anymore. Dash Nation, through optimism, progress and decentralized tech will be taking over our own discussion now.

You're welcome to join us if you'd like. Just try to keep it positive, my friend. You'll get along better with everyone that way...

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:04:24 AM

#DashNation #IoM

You must hate this. I'm so sorry. How insensitive of me. You've been allowed to frame the Dash project through your conjecture for two years, and Tao comes along and so rudely rips it away from you, saying Dash should define itself. I hope you won't need counselling.

No one is buying your "half truth, half conjecture" discussion tactics anymore. Dash Nation, through optimism, progress and decentralized tech will be taking over our own discussion now.

You're welcome to join us if you'd like. Just try to keep it positive, my friend. You'll get along better with everyone that way...

Frame dash.?...  come on be sensible.

Why frame someone when you and others watched them in real time carry out the scam? Come on be realistic.

Evans should dump dash and start a clean project that can go somewhere. There is no doubting his commitment but he needs to start fresh with no bad start and no cutting the minting either. If I were him I would simply air drop all my personal coins to the forum members that were registered at the time dash started and walk. Start a new clean project with no scam nailed to it. He is wasting his time and energy on something that if it grows to any notable size will just land him in jail.

I hear whispers of a case being built against him currently...yes ... although I hope it isn't true because I don't think he should be put in jail. Just a large fine would be enough to bring him around.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:18:25 AM

Thank you kind sir. If your permission were needed, I would appreciate receiving it!

I'm quite, err, 'positive' that the nature of your try-hard spam shilling and pumping topic is transparent to all, but injecting some facts from time to isn't too much trouble for me, so I'm happy to oblige.

For fun, let's roll a D8 and pick an objective well-documnted fact about Dash for this post:

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:39:00 AM

I'll pass. I don't play games of chance. I'll just continue to define Dash right in front of your eyes. That's a much more productive use of my time. Why don't you try working on your own project. Lead by example, learn from me. I can teach you...

"How is Dash a better money than Bitcoin?" A presentation by Juan S. Galt at the 2016 Anarchapulco convention:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/dash-is-better-money-than-bitcoin-anarchapulco-2016-speech-1698502949.html

#DashNation #IoM

Enjoy your game, Smooth. Dash Nation's not playing around.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:42:32 AM

Still stuck in the past Smooth?

No one gives a damn

The trolls drag up the past over and over

old news, practically pre-historic in the timeline of crypto and only a very small number of posters seem to give a damn

Those of us who lived through 8 years of Clinton administration scandals are very familiar with their tried and true "it's old news" defense.

When you use the "water under the bridge" deflection in response to criticisms of Dash, this is what I imagine:

And the Instamine (even at this point) does make a difference.  Just ask former Dash supporter Tone Vays.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:48:22 AM

"How is Dash a better money than Bitcoin?" A presentation by Juan S. Galt at the 2016 Anarchapulco convention

"Presentation" is a nice neutral word.

How much was 'Juan S. Galt' paid to shill on behalf of Dash?

Random fact:
5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: