Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:19:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:56:52 PM

Now THAT is news!  I can't wait to see an article written on that (hint hint)  When will we see some concrete news?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 09:35:47 PM

Now THAT is news!  I can't wait to see an article written on that (hint hint)  When will we see some concrete news?
Thanks for asking! We are currently in the preliminary stages, hammering out details. But there is a will from both sides to make this happen. Can't give a timeline at this point.

SchemerDreamer

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:50:24 PM

is there any chance dash could be re launched in a much fairer way?? i would be more interested then
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:01:05 PM

is there any chance dash could be re launched in a much fairer way?? i would be more interested then
Where Dash's beginnings were unfortunate, I agree, there are not many if any cryptos that had an equal distribution at launch. There will always be large holders. In this case, however, a large holding inspires a brilliant man and his team to devote full-time efforts to creating an awesome product for the world to use. I wasn't here for the launch either, and I would not begrudge Evan if he were to become a billionaire one day. With the time and effort he puts into this project, he deserves it.

Thanks for posting here. I hope it won't be the last time!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:54:37 PM

In the end, what could be fairer?  Dash was bought and sold for fractions of a penny to pennies early on.  Miners didn't hold on to it, so they ended up distributing the coin better than any IPO or even give away, and it continues to this day, to spread and change hands.  Ultimately, it doesn't matter at all.

So no, there is absolutely no need to worry about the spillage of coins in the beginning.  It's still ultimately a coin held by very few people in comparison to the world's population, even if over a million people hold Dash, there are 7 billion in the world, and to them, everyone in the crypto space is an insider today as we're so early in the days of adoption.

This is such a non-issue, it's silly that it keeps coming up.

Aside from the non-issue, if Dash were to relaunch, what happens to all the people who invested in this coin?  They would be left in the dust, (as there is so much more planned for the coin).  Why would anyone do that to a coin they've been developing over the past 2 and a half years?  Why would anyone do that to their supporters?

If you want a clone, with no development team, no vision, just a clone, you can fork the coin or get yourself some "Classic Dash"  LOL.  The monero shills have already cloned Dash, and there it sits.  You're welcome to as much as you like Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:10:49 PM

+1

My favorite part is how the dash instaminers are always saying how it doesn't matter. Of course it doesn't matter to you you're already an instaminer!

Dash is just crap
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:12:29 PM

Other interesting things are now happening behind the scenes. You may remember that I mentioned here on Bitcoin Rush (5:30) that the Free State Project in New Hampshire would provide perfect retail environments for Dash technology due to its more cash-like qualities of privacy and instant transactions.

Well, we have made contact with some members of Free State, and are currently in the early stages of introduction, negotiation and development of a trial run of Dash retail software and hardware. With the experience and feedback Dash would gain here, Dash Nation could expand to other areas and continue its quest to be the global digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Have any skills to offer in this regard? Enjoy an environment that values progress, optimism and decentralized technology? Let me know here! I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)
Informative links in the OP.

this is great news! i've been hoping we could get something going with the fsp. i would love to see a drink and dash or dine and dash (less electricity) vending machine and atm there alongside the btc one they already have. hopefully we can get a booth set up at porcfest too.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 11:14:35 PM

+1

My favorite part is how the dash instaminers are always saying how it doesn't matter. Of course it doesn't matter to you you're already an instaminer!

Dash is just crap
Your opinion is duly noted, and your contribution to thread visibility appreciated.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 11:17:17 PM

Other interesting things are now happening behind the scenes. You may remember that I mentioned here on Bitcoin Rush (5:30) that the Free State Project in New Hampshire would provide perfect retail environments for Dash technology due to its more cash-like qualities of privacy and instant transactions.

Well, we have made contact with some members of Free State, and are currently in the early stages of introduction, negotiation and development of a trial run of Dash retail software and hardware. With the experience and feedback Dash would gain here, Dash Nation could expand to other areas and continue its quest to be the global digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Have any skills to offer in this regard? Enjoy an environment that values progress, optimism and decentralized technology? Let me know here! I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

this is great news! i've been hoping we could get something going with the fsp. i would love to see a drink and dash or dine and dash (less electricity) vending machine and atm there alongside the btc one they already have. hopefully we can get a booth set up at porcfest too.
Yes, Dash Nation is a perfect match for FSP with aligning goals. There isn't a better physical location on the planet better to start introducing Dash retail tech than New "Live Free Or Die" Hampshire. I can't wait to see what the combined team can accomplish!

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:05:21 AM

The Origin of Dash and the Future of Money

http://bitcoinist.net/origin-dash-future/
 Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 02:15:32 AM

Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

Radical emission cut also omitted?

You know lying by omission is still lying, right?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lying_by_omission

“You told the truth up to a point, but a lie of omission is still a lie.”
—Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (cautioning Starfleet Cadet Wesley Crusher)

Lying by omission, otherwise known as exclusionary detailing, is lying by either omitting certain facts or by failing to correct a misconception.

Selective reporting in the media

Media outlets are under pressure to make money, and an easy way to do this is by breaking sensational stories. This can encourage the media to overplay news stories or leave out information that would detract from an otherwise great story.

There goes Bitcoinist's journalistic integrity and reputation, if they ever had any.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 02:23:40 AM

Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

Lying by omission, otherwise known as exclusionary detailing, is lying by either omitting certain facts or by failing to correct a misconception.

Media outlets are under pressure to make money, and an easy way to do this is by breaking sensational stories. This can encourage the media to overplay news stories or leave out information that would detract from an otherwise great story.

There goes Bitcoinist's journalistic integrity and reputation, if they ever had any.
Keep up the good fight, iCEBREAKER. It's not your fault you have to recycle the same material over and over. You do us a service by keeping this thread visible, though, and for that I thank you. You really should consider joining Dash Nation, as you would have so many more avenues to express your creativity. It must not be fun sounding like a broken record all the time. Cheers.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 04:25:02 AM

Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

Keep up the good fight, iCEBREAKER. It's not your fault you have to recycle the same material over and over. You do us a service by keeping this thread visible, though, and for that I thank you. You really should consider joining Dash Nation, as you would have so many more avenues to express your creativity. It must not be fun sounding like a broken record all the time. Cheers.

Instead of attacking the messenger, why not respond to the charge of Bitcoinist lying by omission?

Don't you thinks it's a bit odd to write an article purporting to be about "The Origin of Dash" but "accidentally" forget to mention the "accidental" instamine and subsequent/compounding radical emission cut?

Allow me to repeat the question for emphasis, since you seem to be unable to focus on anything beyond unsolicited personal advice.

Don't you thinks it's a bit odd to write an article purporting to be about "The Origin of Dash" but "accidentally" forget to mention the "accidental" instamine and subsequent/compounding radical emission cut?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 06:26:51 AM

Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

Instead of attacking the messenger, why not respond to the charge of Bitcoinist lying by omission?

Allow me to repeat the question for emphasis, since you seem to be unable to focus on anything beyond unsolicited personal advice.

Not at all. As we have repeatedly explained to you, the instamine has been dealt with, and is a non issue for most people. I understand that you and your band of detractors like to beat a dead horse until it is no longer recognizable as a horse, but for the rest of us, we're moving on. Progress. That's what Dash is about. The offer to join us still stands.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 06:49:36 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 11:24:09 PM by iCEBREAKER

Not at all. As we have repeatedly explained to you, the instamine has been dealt with, and is a non issue for most people. I understand that you and your band of detractors like to beat a dead horse until it is no longer recognizable as a horse, but for the rest of us, we're moving on. Progress. That's what Dash is about. The offer to join us still stands.

The article is called "The Origin of Dash."  It's about things that have been dealt with in the past.

The omission of the instamine and emission cut parts of Dash's origin is pretty glaring.

"Oops, we forgot to mention the launch was a fiasco" isn't good journalism.

Bitcoinist should be teaching the controversy, not failing to report the damning devils in the details.

"Now that I know more about the instamine...I'm no longer a fan of Dash" said Tone Vays.

So much for your Hillaryesque "at this point what difference does it make" excuse!

Bitcoinist readers deserve better than one-sided puff pieces from writers that can't be bothered to ask tough questions about real issues.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:34:40 AM

Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
- Khalil Gibran

The rise continues : new ATH

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 08:11:16 AM

The article is called "The Origin of Dash."  It's about things that have been dealt with in the past.

Bitcoinist should be teaching the controversy, not failing to report the damning devils in the details.

Bitconist readers deserve better than one-sided puff pieces from writers that can't be bothered to ask tough questions about real issues.
From what I'm seeing, you may be in the wrong place to air your complaints. This is the Dash Nation Progress Thread, where we discuss the Dash community's progress toward building the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Does Bitcoinist.net have an ANN? I think that may be a better place to air your grievances, you may get better results there.

But, as always, thank you for the thread bumps amid your confusion. We do make a wonderful team...  Smiley

dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:18:36 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 07:02:51 PM by dihydrogenmonoxide

[...]

[..]

Bitconist readers deserve better than one-sided puff pieces from writers that can't be bothered to ask tough questions about real issues.

I'd recommed you start your own news site and try to do better, teaching controversy and asking tough questions about real issues - it would be a win-win situation.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 08:29:15 PM

Dash Nation Constitution Discussion:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-nation-constitution-discussion.8759/

Who are we? How do we proceed together?

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 01:01:34 AM

Good evening all.

The official Dash forum migrated today from https://DashTalk.org to www.dash.org/forum. If you are interested in discussing all things Dash, please update your bookmarks. I've updated the OP.

Looks nice, no?

Have a great night,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: