Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: For those owed by bASIC: How much would you be willing to contribute to costs to recover a maximum of $1000/each from bASIC to be considered settled.
No deal. I'm owed a lot more than that. - 14 (23%)
$10 - 2 (3.3%)
$20 - 1 (1.6%)
$30 - 1 (1.6%)
$40 - 0 (0%)
$50 - 8 (13.1%)
$100 - 5 (8.2%)
$200 - 3 (4.9%)
$500 - 2 (3.3%)
$750 - 0 (0%)
$1000 - I just want justice. - 13 (21.3%)
more - It's all principle at this point. - 12 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGAL COURSE of ACTION Discussion --- bASIC / BitcoinASIC  (Read 21227 times)
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:38:41 PM

Quite aside, yet on topic.

This thread has 179 posts with 7080 views to date. Why is there only 12 votes total in the poll? I'm finding this tidbit rather odd.

was the poll also included from the start of the thread?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:43:22 PM

This thread has 179 posts with 7080 views to date. Why is there only 12 votes total in the poll? I'm finding this tidbit rather odd.
Maybe because not everyone wants to sue Tom?

You'd be getting nothing if any other business folded... at least he's trying to refund everyone.
Did he file for bankruptcy protection?
Maybe he should have. Obviously trying to send customers refunds ASAP isn't making people happy.

If he intends to pay everyone back, then people may want a judgement to secure that promise. If he is paying back everyone, what is taking so long if he did in fact hold all the btc?
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:47:57 PM

You'd be getting nothing if any other business folded... at least he's trying to refund everyone.

lukejr, he misrepresented his product from day one. if i were an investor, i wouldn't be pissed off.

dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:51:02 PM

Maybe he should have. Obviously trying to send customers refunds ASAP isn't making people happy.

look take you tommy boy train and go play somewhere else the fucker lied. id have some consideration as to him trying to pay back asap if he did what he said and started refunds on the 23rd like he said he would.

even so wither he sold out at the 15 dollar price like he said and he clams to be paying back the usd value why the fuck not buy back in and give the customers 1100 usd value what happend to 1 million of refunds money he gots.

he didnt do anything that he said he would hes setting on our money and just telling us lies and string us along

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:58:38 PM

If he intends to pay everyone back, then people may want a judgement to secure that promise. If he is paying back everyone, what is taking so long if he did in fact hold all the btc?
The claim that he held Bitcoins is a troll myth. I'm not aware of any evidence he did.

davidspitzer

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:07:23 PM

The claim that he held Bitcoins is a troll myth. I'm not aware of any evidence he did.

Fair enough. If he then used the btc and has no product how does he intend to pay everyone back? I have no interest involved other than curiosity. If what you say is true then in my opinion legal action may be a good course of action to protect ones interests.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:33:06 PM

Fair enough. If he then used the btc and has no product how does he intend to pay everyone back? I have no interest involved other than curiosity. If what you say is true then in my opinion legal action may be a good course of action to protect ones interests.
I don't have any inside knowledge. From what I understand, he's been mining to pay people back.

davidspitzer

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:50:02 PM

I don't have any inside knowledge. From what I understand, he's been mining to pay people back.

What happened to all the money that he took in?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:50:59 PM

What happened to all the money that he took in?
That, I have no clue on...

ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:09:54 AM

Well, he did claim that he had a good friend with millions of them:

i had a good friend who literally has millions of bitcoins step in and say he would save the project
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/off-topic/789-writing-style-comparison-cablepair-posts.html

... or perhaps that was the hacked account talking.  You'd think this good friend could expedite the BTC purchasing a bit...

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 06:05:38 AM

Its odd because the vast majority of people have been refunded.

I'm labeled a scammer - yet I have refunded over a million dollars customers

yes OVER A MILLION DOLLARS.

would a scammer refund this large amount of money? I don't think so. I work every day to get people refunded
i have several people i am talking to over email daily to try and work something out.

this fork has made it very difficult

When .8 came out I installed it and It immediately corrupted my wallet (thanks devs) Tongue

originally i thought my hard drive was bad, so I bought a new one and painstakingly backed everything up and moved everything over
now FINALLY after many days of release the devs decide they should tell us they fucked up (thanks)
today I downloaded .7 and have been patiently waiting for my blockchain to download, im not sure if I will continue refunds or just buy a big crack rock and smoke it in a cave some where

but I am totally offended by this scammer tag. Anyone who knows me or knows the history of Btcfpga knows it is NOT warranted

I am NOT A SCAMMER. and anyone who knows me, knows this.

if I was a scammer I could be living it up easy some place warm instead of braving the same upstate new york winters I have been for 30+ years

btw: while we are on the topic who gave me the tag? What small dick mini mod gave me this without any proof what so ever?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

i would love to know....

anyways

you can email me at btcfpga@gmail.com and we can either work something out or you can be a part of the bankrupcy case - which should be interesting considering the recent fork.

my attorney has compiled an immense amount of proof that this was nothing even resembling a scam and I welcome anyone who should attempt to prove this wrong to show up to court. I will certainly post the details of the bankruptcy court date as soon as we have one set.

one issue i have to face . i promised payments every friday and I kept those up until I ran out of bitcoins. If anyone has any idea how I can buy a large amount of bitcoins please message me. The largest amount I can buy from bitinstant is $500 worth ive looked and looked and its near impossible to make a large bitcoin purchase anywhere. IF anyone has any Ideas I would love to hear them.

i have contributed more to this community than most ever will. By isolating me you are losing someone who really cared about Bitcoin and worked every day to contribute to it. I am truly sorry the bASIC project failed. I would do anything to take it back. BFL has failed as well but at least I have the balls to admit it and not pretend like everything is OK and continue to hold your money for what amost a year now?   Sonny is a ball-less bitch and Josh, James and all of his other lackeys should be ashamed of themselves for promoting a TRUE scam. Maybe I was not able to do what I claimed I could do, but at LEAST I have the balls to admit it and am working my ass off to make it right.

To the ignorant assholes who have no fucking clue about this true Bitcoin man who contributed years of his life to this cause I got a message for you....  FUCK YOU.

to everyone else .... PEACE AND LOVE

to my customers dont worry - if you havent received your refund yet either work with me on it or Ill see you in bankruptcy court.

Take care and good luck Bitcoin - this fork is one of the best things that could of happened to me.

Sincerely
Tom

BasementMiner!

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:02:27 AM

Its odd because the vast majority of people have been refunded.

I'm labeled a scammer - yet I have refunded over a million dollars customers

yes OVER A MILLION DOLLARS.

would a scammer refund this large amount of money? I don't think so. I work every day to get people refunded
i have several people i am talking to over email daily to try and work something out.

When .8 came out I installed it and It immediately corrupted my wallet (thanks devs) Tongue

originally i thought my hard drive was bad, so I bought a new one and painstakingly backed everything up and moved everything over
now FINALLY after many days of release the devs decide they should tell us they fucked up (thanks)
today I downloaded .7 and have been patiently waiting for my blockchain to download, im not sure if I will continue refunds or just buy a big crack rock and smoke it in a cave some where

but I am totally offended by this scammer tag. Anyone who knows me or knows the history of Btcfpga knows it is NOT warranted

I am NOT A SCAMMER. and anyone who knows me, knows this.

if I was a scammer I could be living it up easy some place warm instead of braving the same upstate new york winters I have been for 30+ years

btw: while we are on the topic who gave me the tag? What small dick mini mod gave me this without any proof what so ever?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

i would love to know....

anyways

you can email me at btcfpga@gmail.com and we can either work something out or you can be a part of the bankrupcy case - which should be interesting considering the recent fork.

my attorney has compiled an immense amount of proof that this was nothing even resembling a scam and I welcome anyone who should attempt to prove this wrong to show up to court. I will certainly post the details of the bankruptcy court date as soon as we have one set.

one issue i have to face . i promised payments every friday and I kept those up until I ran out of bitcoins. If anyone has any idea how I can buy a large amount of bitcoins please message me. The largest amount I can buy from bitinstant is $500 worth ive looked and looked and its near impossible to make a large bitcoin purchase anywhere. IF anyone has any Ideas I would love to hear them.

i have contributed more to this community than most ever will. By isolating me you are losing someone who really cared about Bitcoin and worked every day to contribute to it. I am truly sorry the bASIC project failed. I would do anything to take it back. BFL has failed as well but at least I have the balls to admit it and not pretend like everything is OK and continue to hold your money for what amost a year now?   Sonny is a ball-less bitch and Josh, James and all of his other lackeys should be ashamed of themselves for promoting a TRUE scam. Maybe I was not able to do what I claimed I could do, but at LEAST I have the balls to admit it and am working my ass off to make it right.

To the ignorant assholes who have no fucking clue about this true Bitcoin man who contributed years of his life to this cause I got a message for you....  FUCK YOU.

to everyone else .... PEACE AND LOVE

to my customers dont worry - if you havent received your refund yet either work with me on it or Ill see you in bankruptcy court.

Take care and good luck Bitcoin - this fork is one of the best things that could of happened to me.

Sincerely
Tom

I have not received a refund.

And why not buy from Mt.Gox? Are they scammers too?!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

This oughta go over well................................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:41:59 AM

I'm one of your first bASIC customers (low order number) and did not receive a refund. Pay that damn refund instead of posting bullshit.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:08:44 AM

I'm one of your first bASIC customers (low order number) and did not receive a refund. Pay that damn refund instead of posting bullshit.

+1

Still waiting for that BTC refund too Tom. May I suggest you stop talking trash, refund everyone's BTC as you should already have done, and then work on getting the tag removed?

sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:14:06 AM

... Random senseless rant ...

Tom, you owe me $4,309.96.  That is what is says on my receipt.  You do don't need any bitcoins to pay me back.  Mail me a check.  You have my name and address.

Your own words here on this forum are sufficient evidence of scamming.  You took money for a product you could not provide.
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:34:37 AM

would love to see my refund cablepair. you stated in an email to me that it would be a friday or the friday after from the date of that email, and 2 fridays have passed since then. the ones who are pissed are people like me who paid you in bitcoin because we had faith in you. i even went so far as to support you and dave on your own btcfpga forums, telling people that bitching you out was a bad idea and isn't helpful to anyone; now i can see i was the idiot for believing in you. the btc i paid you for 3 of your bASIC's would now be worth over $10,000, and you can't even refund me the $2,759.97 i'm owed.

to the people who believe tom had kept the btc from the beginning of preorders, this is highly unlikely, the payment method used at the btcfpga website was bitpay which, if i'm not mistaken, immediately pays off the merchant in USD, not BTC, so tom received USD.  what is extremely likely however, is that tom bought a bunch of coins and continues to mine them as refunds start to go out, and now he's decided to sit on them as value has more than doubled since the start of refunds, so that he doesn't have to pay out as much. my 250ish BTC will probably be more like 50 BTC when and if the refund actually happens, and i'm more inclined to believe that tom is doing this on purpose. tom, you have used up your 'benefit of the doubt' pass. send my refund for orders #894 and #1638 to 1CYZtxqNFNJ4x7RGDCohro3PQuFhV5e9fi

it would cost me less than what you owe me to hire a private investigator and find out where you live. don't make me resort to measures that we'll both regret.
mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:50:56 AM

I use 0.8 with my hot wallet and I use 0.8 for my 500++ connection nodes. I have no problem with 0.8 corrupting the wallet and the block storage format is the same on 0.7 and 0.8. No need to download the blockchain again - and no need lie here.

Don't spend your time lying at us. Use the time to pay back our pre-order money.

BTW, with Bitpay you can choose wheter you want the payment converted into Fiat or you diretly get the bitcoins. Getting the bitcoins is cheaper with Bitpay than the conversion into a Fiat currency. Using a blockchain browser you can follow the way of your bitcoins.

Well Tom fucked us customers over and over and he is still fucking us. First he was lying about the ASIC status, then he did not refund the pre-orer money as he always told us and now he sits on our money and let us watch the bitcoin price climbing higher every day. If someone has to be pissed about this it's not Tom, it's the pre-order customers still waiting for their refund!
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:59:15 AM

yes tom use mtgox or send everyone a check and dont send bad check as it would be check fraud.

But could you answer me one ? why didnt you start repayment of btc when you yourself said yuou would why did you wait over a month and a half?Huh

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:17:10 AM

How should you work with someone that does not answer mails? Communication with you is a one way road and your mailbox seems to be a black whole. I did not receive a refund and I have the feeling I will never get a refund from you - but maybe at some point in time you will get what you deserve. I never forget people that are scamming and fucking me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: