Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:42:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Cripplemined Fastmine matters  (Read 13620 times)
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:13:21 AM

You can't fastmine almost 13 million coins in the first 2 years and not expect volatility and big bubbles to form. Monero is proving to be very volatile due to its mining emission curve and lack of masternodes.
Aha aha ahahahaha, are you high?

A fast-/pre-/insta-/whatevermine looks like this:

10 - 15% of the total supply in the first 24 hours...

best regards,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:26:09 AM

LOL yeah Monero is the only crypto that has "volatility" and "big bubbles"...

What don't you also mention the first 48 hours of Xcoin? I think that fits your "fastmine" scenario a bit better than monero.  Wink

Masternodes don't make a coin secure. Math/cryptography that has been very well vetted by world class cryptographers is.

Yes all coins do suffer from volatility but over time masternodes should make dash more stable than coins that don't have them.

Do you deny monero was fastmined? What would you call it?  I mean it was lauched after dash and even with the dash instamine monero has almost twice as many coins already mined. It was fastmined and cripplemined. It is what it is.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:38:35 AM

You can't fastmine almost 13 million coins in the first 2 years and not expect volatility and big bubbles to form. Monero is proving to be very volatile due to its mining emission curve and lack of masternodes.

best regards,

Yes dash had what is commonly referred to as a accedental instamine as opposed to some coins that have a planned instamine where lots of coins are mined in a very short period of time. These are usually pos coins and they mine all the pow coins in a few days to a few weeks or more.
Monero is a good example of a fastmine but it could be considered a instamine too, which I don't think applies but who's to say.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:53:11 AM

What don't you also mention the first 48 hours of Xcoin? I think that fits your "fastmine" scenario a bit better than monero.  Wink

Masternodes don't make a coin secure. Math/cryptography that has been very well vetted by world class cryptographers is.

Yes all coins do suffer from volatility but over time masternodes should make dash more stable than coins that don't have them.

Do you deny monero was fastmined? What would you call it?  I mean it was lauched after dash and even with the dash instamine monero has almost twice as many coins already mined. It was fastmined and cripplemined. It is what it is.

Okay so admit Dash was instamined.

That is all I need to know from you. All the rest is just fluff.

Have a nice day  Kiss

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:54:16 AM

best regards,

Yes dash had what is commonly referred to as a accedental instamine as opposed to some coins that have a planned instamine where lots of coins are mined in a very short period of time. These are usually pos coins and they mine all the pow coins in a few days to a few weeks or more.
Monero is a good example of a fastmine but it could be considered a instamine too, which I don't think applies but who's to say.

2.25 years = insta?

lol please send me what you are smoking.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:04:53 AM

Look, I get that you're invested in Dash, I get that you want to defend that investment and that's allright... I do like some aspects of Dash, the governance system is nice and all... But your writings above are on the edge of delusional. An investor/enthousiast should always remain objective, you sir are not anymore and for an investor that is very dangerous...

Don't get married to your investment...

best regards,
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:32:33 AM

All the interesting coins have 'history', legends and myths!
As with all good trolls and FUDs there is usually some glimmer of truth out there.
The question is; does the team/community have what it takes to learn from the past and embrace transparency now in the present?

One has to look at where a coin/dev team/community is now. History is done with. If a coin is right for now, is autonomous and distributed  and breaks through noone gives a stuff about history lessons. Just watch Ardor!  Grin

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 12:58:58 PM

Totally opposite. Monero was impossible to manipulate exactly because of higher emission in first 2 years.  Manipulators got reckted by miners dumping their coins. That is why none pumpers group ever liked Monero.

High emission also keeps price of Monero low until now.  So everyone had more then 2 years to buy cheap coins. Since coins are still cheap i can say 3 years, maybe even 4.  But i doubt 5th year with daily reduced emission Monero will still be a cheap coin.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

i was wondering what happened to this thread, and here it is.. its almost like the one who bumped this thread read my mind.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 02:15:18 PM

i was wondering what happened to this thread, and here it is.. its almost like the one who bumped this thread read my mind.

It's amazing how when people are desperate their little insect brains scurry to the same tune.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 04:59:19 PM

It's amazing how when people are desperate their little insect brains scurry to the same tune.

Yeah keep bumping. I want to buy in some more.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:39:13 PM

best regards,

2.25 years = insta?

So 24-48 hours is instant?

I personally think instamined coins become fastmined after 2-3 weeks but I would not argue with someone who said the cut off was 3-4 weeks, especially if it was a pow to pos coin where all the pow coins were mined quickly and then they switched to pos.

When does a instamine end and a fastmine begin?

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:47:51 PM

Totally opposite. Monero was impossible to manipulate exactly because of higher emission in first 2 years.  Manipulators got reckted by miners dumping their coins. That is why none pumpers group ever liked Monero.

High emission also keeps price of Monero low until now.  So everyone had more then 2 years to buy cheap coins. Since coins are still cheap i can say 3 years, maybe even 4.  But i doubt 5th year with daily reduced emission Monero will still be a cheap coin.

We'll see, said the Zen master. So far the last few big monero pumps turned into big dumps, bigger than most pump and dumps.

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:52:08 AM

Okay so admit Dash was instamined.

Have a nice day  Kiss

nobody denies dash had a instamine or whatever you want to call it.

Okay so admit xmr monero was ninja launched and had a cripplemine and has a unusually high mining emission curve that is best described as a fastmine compared to bitcoin, litecoin and dash etc.

Have a nice day  Kiss

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:56:04 AM

lol oh the unoriginality...love it.

And no I will not admit to what you claim about monero.

You obviously are butthurt hence why you keep bumping this thread as if it is doing anything but making you look foolish.

Bump on  Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 01:59:26 AM

best regards,

2.25 years = insta?

I personally think instamined coins become fastmined after 2-3 weeks but I would not argue with someone who said the cut off was 3-4 weeks, especially if it was a pow to pos coin where all the pow coins were mined quickly and then they switched to pos.

For all intents and purposes, a 24-48 hour mine is absolutely an instamine.
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:06:13 AM

best regards,

2.25 years = insta?

For all intents and purposes, a 24-48 hour mine is absolutely an instamine.

ok cool, what about 3-4 days where millions of coins are mined... all the pow coins actually and then they switch to pos? or how about 1 week with 4.5 million coins are mined or 2-3 weeks where 6 million plus (out of ~21 million) coins are mined and then they switch to pos. are those instamines? most people would agree those are what is traditionally considered a instamine. i would probably classify those as "POS instamines" because there are so many and they deserve their own category.

do you disagree xmr monero was/is fastmined? what would you call it because that's the only thing i have heard it called besides a instamine (by a small number of people) but i don't think it fits a traditional instamine. the only reason they would call it that is because of its highly inflationary emission curve combined with the crippled miner launch issue. that and the scam dev that was supposedly kicked out but could have just used a new/different username like smoothy or fluffyponzi or something like that. monero had ~750,000 coins mined the first 4 weeks (btc ~210,000) which is way faster than normal but i would not say instamined per se. but when does a instamine end and a fastmine begin?

i think a cripplemined fastmine best describes monero.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:28:39 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 11:40:24 AM by Febo

monero had ~750,000 coins mined the first 4 weeks (btc ~210,000) which is way faster than normal but i would not say instamined per se. but when does a instamine end and a fastmine begin?

720k Moneros was issued in first 30 days. Exactly as it was scheduled. If it would less, price would go even higher. Remember that price hit 0.01 after 60 days at end of June 2014. If emission would be slower, ATH would be way higher. This emission curve was just perfect. So you can easily name it as a perfectmine.

If you want to learn more about XMR emission compared to BTC, you can check this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qXi7zUSIh7F6UuSuhOryyFbHEy_LJuym3I3neAga_2s/edit#gid=239466694

I started mining about on day.40. As you see from spreadsheet on day.40 daily emission was about 24k XMR. On first day emission was 25.3k XMR.  So not a huge difference. And on 40th day every miner was allready mining Monero.  Difficulty was already so high i barely got any. Probably would get more if would mine few months ago.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:41:37 AM

do you disagree xmr monero was/is fastmined?

I do disagree, as we have covered countless times on this thread and others. There are numerous fastened coins that distribute all their coins in a few weeks or 50% per month or even 50% per six months.

With 50% every 18 months, Monero is somewhat faster than Bitcoin, offset by the fact that it gets slower than Bitcoin later, when the rewards stop dropping in half every 18 months, but Bitcoin's continue dropping by half every four years until reaching zero.

what would you call it

A PoW-distributed coin with half of the remaining supply distributed every 18 months, plus a perpetual maintenance reward.

Whenever I have described it that way to people, I've had not one single person respond by calling it a fastmine. They might reply that it is slightly faster than Bitcoin or just consider it okay and reasonable and not comment further at all, one or the other.

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:20:26 PM

monero had ~750,000 coins mined the first 4 weeks (btc ~210,000) which is way faster than normal but i would not say instamined per se. but when does a instamine end and a fastmine begin?

720k Moneros was issued in first 30 days. Exactly as it was scheduled. If it would less, price would go even higher. Remember that price hit 0.01 after 60 days at end of June 2014. If emission would be slower, ATH would be way higher. This emission curve was just perfect. So you can easily name it as a perfectmine.

If you want to learn more about XMR emission compared to BTC, you can check this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qXi7zUSIh7F6UuSuhOryyFbHEy_LJuym3I3neAga_2s/edit#gid=239466694

I started mining about on day.40. As you see from spreadsheet on day.40 daily emission was about 24k XMR. On first day emission was 25.3k XMR.  So not a huge difference. And on 40th day every miner was allready mining Monero.  Difficulty was already so high i barely got any. Probably would get more if would mine few months ago.

so a cripplemined perfectmine?   Wink
that makes sense, how about a cripplemined fairmine? that's totally not contradictory right.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: