Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2024, 08:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just airing some frustration and some facts about BTCPOP  (Read 3784 times)
NSA360

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Crypto Collector

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:58:11 PM

My last post was posted without being finished. Now is ok.
Casimir1904

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:02:04 PM

I don't read much about deposit/withdrawals issues anymore.
Last time was because wallet server crashed and it was fixed few hours later.
Yesterday i read from one user he had problems with withdrawal and that was because hotwallet runned empty and it was solved when refilled.
Hotwallet don't hold much coins all the time to avoind losing lot of coins ( what makes it alone impossible what some claim to be happend ).

I think highest priority atm is to do insurance payouts, last time they did their was a bug and they stopped it their. I reported the bug ( users got to much insurance paid ).
So they work now on fixing that and automating insurance payouts.

They fosuccing on bug fixing since some weeks now without adding new features and still some claim they don't focus on bug fixing and adding new features all the time.
I think their could be better error handling.
If hot wallet empty their could be a message that withdrawal is delayed and will be proccessed as soon hotwallet get refilled.
If wallet server is down their could also be a message that something went wrong.

That would avoid a lot of support tickets and frustation.

I'm now 14 months on pop and i see developing all the time and also that they listen to their customers.
Some problems caused by bad luck ( like fixing bugs and then crashing a server ).

6 Months ago pop had 4000 users and now its more than 17k.

They are also behind with support tickets, i would love to see support tickets answered withhin 24 hours, maybe something what would work in the future.

I think they do pretty good if you count all together.
I think also they could do better :-)

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Casimir1904

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:09:10 PM

About BBS:
Dom changed the owner to his brother.
Dom said because of security ( one day before he was arrested he changed the owner while feeling safe what he is doing as he say his self ).
I don't know if his brother know about it or not but i don't think it would have changed anything at all if they stopped trading or not.
On this way some got the chance to get out with lower loss, i'm one of the biggest shareholders or the biggest shareholder on BBS and i can't sell because collateral loan active.
I don't think my self that any dividend will be paid anymore on them and i also don't think that BBS will ever be profitable.
I think the business plan was to get money from the IPO. ( my opinion and offcourse i can't prove that for now ).
Facts about BBS:
Developing since months and result is nearly 1:1 copy to another site.
Raised about 30 BTC with IPO and the site had 11 users when i checked last time including his own account probaly.
The new owner is registerted at btcpop also and he didn't show up or commented anything about BBS.

NSA360

Crypto Collector

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:01:58 PM

Its quite obvious that POP still dont generate enough income to pay their expenses and responsibilities, such insurance payouts. That is because , at beginning, insurances were pretty bad designed. But good, they fixed that now.
But generally, yes, they are doing pretty good now, and only with more users they can break the due point. Glad that LB and Jam are dying. A lot of new people are arriving, investing and borrow, wich is good to increase POP revenues.

There are a very good chance to POP win, if no more bad luck.  Wink
Casimir1904

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:59:18 PM

Its quite obvious that POP still dont generate enough income to pay their expenses and responsibilities, such insurance payouts. That is because , at beginning, insurances were pretty bad designed. But good, they fixed that now.
But generally, yes, they are doing pretty good now, and only with more users they can break the due point. Glad that LB and Jam are dying. A lot of new people are arriving, investing and borrow, wich is good to increase POP revenues.

There are a very good chance to POP win, if no more bad luck.  Wink

Yes Insurance design was bad.
The fee income is currently at a level where it could be enough of or close to enough.
Offcourse i don't know the total expenses for staff,office and servers but think its not so far away from break even.

NSA360

Crypto Collector

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:26:00 PM

This worried me a bit. It was leaked on the pop chat by a user today: https://ghostbin.com/paste/cynda

If that is true (and i see there some users emails), how safe can be our personal data? The allegedly hacker said that he got Ardeva too. That is a little bit concerning, considering the amount of users that pop has today.
I hope POP administration say something public to clear all this mess  Huh
Casimir1904

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:19:02 PM

This worried me a bit. It was leaked on the pop chat by a user today: https://ghostbin.com/paste/cynda

If that is true (and i see there some users emails), how safe can be our personal data? The allegedly hacker said that he got Ardeva too. That is a little bit concerning, considering the amount of users that pop has today.
I hope POP administration say something public to clear all this mess  Huh

At the moment they can't say anything about it, but yes would be nice to clear some things up, i have my own theory but don't want to post it here.

St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:46:31 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 02:07:41 PM by St4yInTh3D4rk

More lies are coming in Smiley

Note the date... Christmas Day 2015 Smiley

Yes they also go ardeva documents... This happened whilst I was working there which is why i thought many should know... Peoples ID's, Income's and address documents go through there... Information is not secure by any means.

And work was being done on the site... There was no test environment whatsoever. I have proof of this... I will upload if required Smiley

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
w00dface

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:10:04 PM

No Ardeva documents or data was leaked.

No BTC was stolen during the xmas period. I thought there might of been, turns out it was fine.

We don't check this thread very often as it is just an outlet for someones fustration at their own failures. If anyone wants to ask any questions, a member of staff can normally be found on Pop's chatroom.

For the time being, I recommend everyone ingore this thread until the outcome of a police investigation in to the data leak.

I also suggest a read up of Sections 65 to 74 of Chapter XI Information Technology Act 2000

Lee Bartholomew

CEO - BTCPOP
Casimir1904

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:10:56 PM

Yes they also go ardeva documents... This happened whilst I was working there which is why i thought many should know... Peoples ID's, Income's and address documents go through there... Information is not secure by any means.

If that is true why didn't you report earlier? You even asked me on FB to invest in BBS or better you said "listed xxx shares for price x".
Hack i saw was on the live feed with canceling investment multiple time that could be around that time... Think alerted you and Lee on FB also that time and many saw it on live feed.

For what i saw it creates more questions than answers.
Like why the "hacker" forgot about the money he asked? And just write on 15 April again? Same day when you started to overwrite BBS to your Brother?
Why he cares about a mail between you and Miriam+ Less in Augsut 2015?
You was one of the main devs, i saw the leaked code and found many things what is at least "strange" to do that way.

Could you imagine that their could be some theory with this input:
1. Main dev use his status  to get lot loans.
2. Main dev can't repay and lost his money in gambling/ponzi/whatever.
3. Main dev seems to have serious problems with money.
4. Main dev don't get his contract renewed and short after this all shows up.

What theory could people make of it?
Specialy if they see that BBS is just a 1:1 copy of shopbidbuy or how ever that site called, no users... ~30 BTC raised in IPO funding and that money is just gone?

What is your own coding standard if a site get hacked when you're one of the main devs?
What are your coding standards if you post on FB that you found out after hours that their is a difference between single and double quote on PHP?

Yes their is to worry about data leaked, in the end it doesn't matter if from some dev,test server or live server.
But you're really not helping your self and the only goal of you is to damage POP and Lee becuase you lost your job.
Not more and not less.

St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:29:23 PM

I dont mind disclosing my emails... At the same time Sam entered your inbox if you can remember that far back and disclosed the information to staff... No good saying it didnt happen... Give me a bit and ill upload proof. I have no hesitations.

Aforementioned btw... i am covered by whistle-blowing laws in the UK... Also note anything that I post from sources such as facebook are deemed in the public domain anyway... Likewise there was no waiver on staff chat on facebook where people had to agree to keep information confidential... Its covered in facebooks help centre Smiley

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:55:56 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 03:16:53 PM by St4yInTh3D4rk

If that is true why didn't you report earlier? You even asked me on FB to invest in BBS or better you said "listed xxx shares for price x".
Hack i saw was on the live feed with canceling investment multiple time that could be around that time... Think alerted you and Lee on FB also that time and many saw it on live feed.

For what i saw it creates more questions than answers.
Like why the "hacker" forgot about the money he asked? And just write on 15 April again? Same day when you started to overwrite BBS to your Brother?
Why he cares about a mail between you and Miriam+ Less in Augsut 2015?
You was one of the main devs, i saw the leaked code and found many things what is at least "strange" to do that way.

Could you imagine that their could be some theory with this input:
1. Main dev use his status  to get lot loans.
2. Main dev can't repay and lost his money in gambling/ponzi/whatever.
3. Main dev seems to have serious problems with money.
4. Main dev don't get his contract renewed and short after this all shows up.

What theory could people make of it?
Specialy if they see that BBS is just a 1:1 copy of shopbidbuy or how ever that site called, no users... ~30 BTC raised in IPO funding and that money is just gone?

What is your own coding standard if a site get hacked when you're one of the main devs?
What are your coding standards if you post on FB that you found out after hours that their is a difference between single and double quote on PHP?

Yes their is to worry about data leaked, in the end it doesn't matter if from some dev,test server or live server.
But you're really not helping your self and the only goal of you is to damage POP and Lee becuase you lost your job.
Not more and not less.

Cas,

Your theory is ill based and inaccurate... I still intend to work on BBS... Just not whilst its underwritten by POP... Havelock Investments I am looking to move the shares over to in due course. Only because of the false allegation made by Lee i cannot access POP as its against my bail conditions. I am happy to follow the direction the police have stated and am not going to give more ammunition to give Lee the grounds to extend what has already happened...

Your theory on how the company was run is a little untrue. I have 1 employment contract with BTCPOP... No contract before that which I am happy to upload. A core dev? Nope far from it. My position changed on more than 4 occasions within the company because lee wanted this and lee wanted that. I have proof which will be submitted Smiley

I didn't lose my job... I gave my notice because of the rules the company was imposing. Not to mention that BTCPOP has been mis-managed for which HMRC, the ICO and Trading Standards are looking into. Lee didn't like it and made threats saying "Its gonna cost your family". If he wants to toe that line I look forward to the day the police clear me of all charges for which have been wrongly brought about... Im just counting the days now. Not to mention I have been in touch with my solicitor who has already advised me that WHEN the police enquiry has ended I WILL be suing BTCPOP for loss of income and damages. Ultimately its the shareholders that will bear the grunt of the action of that should it work against BTCPOP's favour.

Reason why I quit:

1. Pay was always late... never on the day of the month per my contract. Me including some other workers were made to wait sometimes up to 2 weeks for pay to go through.
2. I would bring other worker issues into it but im more decent than that. I dont want them to feel any more ashamed than they already did... Again im pretty sure this will come out in public when I file my court papers against BTCPOP for loss of earnings as well as the employment tribunal rules.

Ultimately I dont mind submitting my proof... Like I said I have nothing to hide and what I speak is the truth.

I think its quite funny lee quoted that the act he actually posted relates to India... I live in the UK... Not India last time I looked.

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:37:33 PM

I had a job that was pretty shit once. And then I left and moved on with my life.
St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:40:53 PM

Again I have ethics... Would you rather hear that your btc and identity has been stolen and could be resold from someone who is honest or from the police years down the line when you wouldn't have 1 iota where the hack came from?

I'd prefer the first as it gives you opportunity... My data also got leaked at the same time... Am I happy... Not with POP's standards... Bothered about the job... Not really... I can survive without POP.

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:50:39 PM

but you have literally f*ck all credibility dom when this was months ago and now you're no longer part of the company you suddenly have ethics >.>
w00dface

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:55:23 PM

I repeat, no Ardeva information has been taken.

This would of been a better bartering tool for any 'hacker' than a set of outdated pw hashes
St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:17:32 PM

If you say so... But the ICO will be investigating it... I have no doubts they will find stuff that isnt consistent with the statements made.

Have fun Smiley

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
Casimir1904

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:37:14 PM

Your ethics = As long I can profit I don't care!
As said you asked me for investment after January 2016 in your IPO!

So again:
What happend to the ~30BTC raised in IPO?
What was you development on BBS when its nearly a 1:1 clone of another site?
BBS had 10 users including your account(s) when i last checked.
What happend with the 140+ BTC you borrowed?
Didn't you aggree to not create more debt if Lee takes over your debt? I advised you even with your debt on how to solve it...
Didn't you take a instant loan few days later at night? ( I was online that time and asked Lee about it if he knows i only got a "hmm" back ).
Didn't you mess in the DB for your Instant loan(s)? One had 0 payments due...

And now you want to tell something about ethics?

I would have no problem to buy another 5-10% of POP if needed so really nothing to worry about if some coins lost.
If I had more time i would even offer time and code for free.

So yes funds of users are safe and in worst case backed by me buying more shares, but thats what i wrote to you also on 13 or 14th of april when you tryed to make lee bad on FB.

NSA360

Crypto Collector

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:50:23 PM

I repeat, no Ardeva information has been taken.

This would of been a better bartering tool for any 'hacker' than a set of outdated pw hashes

Okay Lee, thank you for the heads up.

And work was being done on the site... There was no test environment whatsoever. I have proof of this... I will upload if required Smiley

Prove it then to stop this nonsense and make the things clear once for all, if you really have anything to prove.
Since Lee wants to protect himself (He has his reasons and I dont blame him. I can undesrtand that), do it yourself and show were the docs are then, instead of this bs - "i have I have I have", and you are proving that you have nothing. That prscr that you have posted, was no news. Also the pastebin can be made in 30mn, since you have worked there, so it was easy to you fake or make it just to pissed off Lee.

Bah! This is getting so child'ish  Angry
St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:41:19 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 06:12:13 PM by St4yInTh3D4rk

Your ethics = As long I can profit I don't care!
As said you asked me for investment after January 2016 in your IPO!

So again:
What happend to the ~30BTC raised in IPO?
What was you development on BBS when its nearly a 1:1 clone of another site?
BBS had 10 users including your account(s) when i last checked.
What happend with the 140+ BTC you borrowed?
Didn't you aggree to not create more debt if Lee takes over your debt? I advised you even with your debt on how to solve it...
Didn't you take a instant loan few days later at night? ( I was online that time and asked Lee about it if he knows i only got a "hmm" back ).
Didn't you mess in the DB for your Instant loan(s)? One had 0 payments due...

And now you want to tell something about ethics?

I would have no problem to buy another 5-10% of POP if needed so really nothing to worry about if some coins lost.
If I had more time I would even offer time and code for free.

So yes funds of users are safe and in worst case backed by me buying more shares, but thats what i wrote to you also on 13 or 14th of April when you tried to make lee bad on FB.

Want some straight answers... I have no issues with that.

1. Some of the funds were spent on external development for some functions that needed touching up... Not to mention security of the 3 servers it is currently on. I still have most of the funds on my wallet that was seized by the police. The remaining amount was earmarked for marketing. Talks were talking place between Martijn (MVDS) as he runs a marketing company. No deal was agreed though although did ask for his team to send me an email in due course.

2. Stock software built upon an unpublished framework... Skin was redistributed as it doesn't fit our means. A new theme was in the works and previously provided proof of this.

3. Cast as many assumptions as you will but my answer will remain the same. I hardly ever gamble now. I wouldn't considering poker gambling anyway as profit from this every month. Not as much as I used to but I know how to play. Im guessing your just a little bit peeved because i lost a few tournaments that you brought into. In regards to the 140 btc i borrowed it was for multiple purposes: 1. To buy mining hardware. 2. Pay my credit cards off and consolidate my jam loans. Yes i invested a little but you dont know my account overview. Pre-BTCPOP I have 23btc in net-arb notices at JAM. Not to mention the 8btc in pop i have. Some was used for trading paycoin which ultimately was my demise. I agreed to make good on that loan and sought a restructure of it. Me and you had our arguments but ultimately that 140 whittled down month on month. Not to mention the amount of Cash i paid lee every month for bitcoin. I have nothing to hide there... I even made damn sure my account was not administered by myself to avoid collusion.

4. I did not agree with lee that any further loans would be ruled out. Ultimately my private finances are a matter between myself and my partner stacey. If we deem it fit to require a loan from another financial institution it is our god given right.

5. Yes I did take that instant loan out to fund a trip to Belgium. It was pretty lucrative and again paid in full before its due date. Not all of the funds were used which is why the repayments were made on time.

6. No... POP had bugs in the instant loan system on more than 5 occasions over the past year. Some payment dates were extended by Lee to cater for my flexibility. All instant loans were paid in full however.... There are other examples of this still within the pop system.

In regards to ethics i dont fault you cas. Im not telling you how to spend your funds but ultimately i would take everything you hear with a pinch of salt. Every company has its issues... No company is rosy and you'll find most people in the crypto world cover things up... My case examples for this are between july 2014 and present day.

Your not a VC backer Cas... In order for businesses to expand and get more trust VC backers are required. Every other company has them why not POP... Lee asked me to investigate VC backing after his attempts failed on angel.co the bad ads still there... I lined up 2 calls with some local folks i know who have enough cash to splash but he buggered that by taking me off the vc backing trail... 1 serious investors including 1 ex city banker severely pissed off. They wont do business.

Ultimately im not here to scare folks im only here to spread the truth as aforementioned above.

This wont ruin my chances of future work as I already have a few lines of enquiry.

My botherings:

Am I bothered I no longer work for POP... £20k a year means nothing to me... Money is evil thats one of the reasons I got into bitcoin... Greedy, Corrupt business owners, politicians and bankers are the reason I joined up because I believe in transparency.

Is lee a company director... Maybe on Paper but whilst working there I tend to understand the company had no structure... Lee recruited a manager who was part time... You cant run a 24/7 business with a part time manager who works 2-3 days per week.

I already have a proven history that I can work with... I have failings and successes just as much as the next person. BIDBUYSELL is a passion of mine going forward and intend to work on the website and recruit more businesses on board to use it. Will it ever be as big as eBay... Looking back to 2004 when i made GBHosts... I sold that for several tens of thousands years later. I owned a computer shop but because of the economy didnt work out the way I assessed it would. It wont because I wont allow it. I believe in competition, transparency and choice. Not many do but POP is becoming a monopoly on many fronts... Not matter how much business they get eventually it will all disperse into nothing once bitcoin is no longer around or when our government make sanctions in regards to its use. There should be room of everyone in a common market like P2P lending as well as others. Ultimately makes you think about life. Its for living. Not just being greedy... If everyone started a business and deleted areas in this world unemployment would be curbed... Just proves that monopolies break things for everyone else.

Bitcoin a failed experiment? Possibly... 21 million coins total... Again it wont be around forever. Further addition of coins in the network = price decrease making it less viable for businesses.

Blockchain has more potential on its own though.

Just to add I was recently investigated by a company called Concentrix and they agree that all my paperwork, finances and dealings are in order. The investigation ended with a thumbs up... I keep accounts for everything financial.

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄