Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just airing some frustration and some facts about BTCPOP  (Read 3761 times)
Casimir1904

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:28:13 PM

Want some straight answers... I have no issues with that.

1. Some of the funds were spent on external development for some functions that needed touching up... Not to mention security of the 3 servers it is currently on. I still have most of the funds on my wallet that was seized by the police. The remaining amount was earmarked for marketing. Talks were talking place between Martijn (MVDS) as he runs a marketing company. No deal was agreed though although did ask for his team to send me an email in due course.
So for a site in development where nothing happend you need 3 servers?
External coding? Thought you was using all your free time in developping?

2. Stock software built upon an unpublished framework... Skin was redistributed as it doesn't fit our means. A new theme was in the works and previously provided proof of this.
Nearly 1:1 copy of another site from UK what is online since 2013...

3. Cast as many assumptions as you will but my answer will remain the same. I hardly ever gamble now. I wouldn't considering poker gambling anyway as profit from this every month. Not as much as I used to but I know how to play. Im guessing your just a little bit peeved because i lost a few tournaments that you brought into. In regards to the 140 btc i borrowed it was for multiple purposes: 1. To buy mining hardware. 2. Pay my credit cards off and consolidate my jam loans. Yes i invested a little but you dont know my account overview. Pre-BTCPOP I have 23btc in net-arb notices at JAM. Not to mention the 8btc in pop i have. Some was used for trading paycoin which ultimately was my demise. I agreed to make good on that loan and sought a restructure of it. Me and you had our arguments but ultimately that 140 whittled down month on month. Not to mention the amount of Cash i paid lee every month for bitcoin. I have nothing to hide there... I even made damn sure my account was not administered by myself to avoid collusion.
The loan Lee gave you was used to pay also your Jam debt, you was overdue their, not the 140 BTC you borrowed before...
You maxed eveything out and then you wasn't able to repay a single loan, after months Lee offered you the private deal to pay your debts as its really bad for marketing if an admin of another site is overdue on Jam...

4. I did not agree with lee that any further loans would be ruled out. Ultimately my private finances are a matter between myself and my partner stacey. If we deem it fit to require a loan from another financial institution it is our god given right.
It was part of the deal to not take loans on pop or other sites anymore and sure Lee has a right to do if he helps you with your debt. You aggreed to the "private deal".

5. Yes I did take that instant loan out to fund a trip to Belgium. It was pretty lucrative and again paid in full before its due date. Not all of the funds were used which is why the repayments were made on time.
Right my bad, if you have lot of debt you can offcourse take another loan for a trip to Belgium...

6. No... POP had bugs in the instant loan system on more than 5 occasions over the past year. Some payment dates were extended by Lee to cater for my flexibility. All instant loans were paid in full however.... There are other examples of this still within the pop system.
So another time he helped you with extending the dates...

In regards to ethics i dont fault you cas. Im not telling you how to spend your funds but ultimately i would take everything you hear with a pinch of salt. Every company has its issues... No company is rosy and you'll find most people in the crypto world cover things up... My case examples for this are between july 2014 and present day.
You don't fault me? You asked for investments in your IPO and before in your loans directly on FB to me.
And now you say their was major issues on POP? It was no problem as long you could profit from it but now your ethics are to tell everyone of problems where probaly you created most off?
Childish isn't it?
I remember contacting you on FB when i saw something going wrong on pop ( Multiple cancel of investments what made the funded amount negative and the balance of the "investor" higher.
Your reply: I'm not working now.
Now if i would see something like that in a company i work for i would even go at night to the office and make it stop or at least try to reach my boss till bhe respond... Chad manged then to reach lee and stop that guy...

Your not a VC backer Cas... In order for businesses to expand and get more trust VC backers are required. Every other company has them why not POP... Lee asked me to investigate VC backing after his attempts failed on angel.co the bad ads still there... I lined up 2 calls with some local folks i know who have enough cash to splash but he buggered that by taking me off the vc backing trail... 1 serious investors including 1 ex city banker severely pissed off. They wont do business.
Do you know that i advised against VC? You see what happend to Jam and LB after they got high VC.

Ultimately im not here to scare folks im only here to spread the truth as aforementioned above.
No sure not thats why you posted a internal chat screenshot with "do you feel your btc is safe" to me...
Do you even believe your self?

This wont ruin my chances of future work as I already have a few lines of enquiry.
Persons like you will never work long for the same company and if they go or have to go they have never a chance to come back.

My botherings:

Am I bothered I no longer work for POP... £20k a year means nothing to me... Money is evil thats one of the reasons I got into bitcoin... Greedy, Corrupt business owners, politicians and bankers are the reason I joined up because I believe in transparency.
Right doesn't mean anything to you... thats why you have lot of debt... As long its money of others you don't care... Guess we all got that already.
Did Lee force you to work for him or why did you aggree to work for him again?

Is lee a company director... Maybe on Paper but whilst working there I tend to understand the company had no structure... Lee recruited a manager who was part time... You cant run a 24/7 business with a part time manager who works 2-3 days per week.
You can hire part time people who does part of your job so you as manager can focus on other things...
But hmm what do i try to explain you basic things about economics?

I already have a proven history that I can work with... I have failings and successes just as much as the next person. BIDBUYSELL is a passion of mine going forward and intend to work on the website and recruit more businesses on board to use it. Will it ever be as big as eBay... Looking back to 2004 when i made GBHosts... I sold that for several tens of thousands years later. I owned a computer shop but because of the economy didnt work out the way I assessed it would. It wont because I wont allow it. I believe in competition, transparency and choice. Not many do but POP is becoming a monopoly on many fronts... Not matter how much business they get eventually it will all disperse into nothing once bitcoin is no longer around or when our government make sanctions in regards to its use. There should be room of everyone in a common market like P2P lending as well as others. Ultimately makes you think about life. Its for living. Not just being greedy... If everyone started a business and deleted areas in this world unemployment would be curbed... Just proves that monopolies break things for everyone else.
Do you read what you write?

Bitcoin a failed experiment? Possibly... 21 million coins total... Again it wont be around forever. Further addition of coins in the network = price decrease making it less viable for businesses.

Blockchain has more potential on its own though.

Just to add I was recently investigated by a company called Concentrix and they agree that all my paperwork, finances and dealings are in order. The investigation ended with a thumbs up... I keep accounts for everything financial.

Markets works with every amount of money but again... you and economics...

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Borgminer

Activity: 758
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:49:03 AM

So Cas . Did pop get their license to operate their exchange ? if not why havent they shut the exchange down .  As a small time lender like myself . i would like to know if their service is fully legal
biggbox

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 01:32:26 PM

I think it is wise to stay away from BTCPOP.co. Received their mailer.

from:   The BTCPOP Team <social.media@btcpop.co> via mail21.us4.mcsv.net
reply-to:   The BTCPOP Team <social.media@btcpop.co>
date:   14 June 2016
subject:   A little something to say we are sorry.

UPTO 10% extra on your next deposit

It's been a crazy few weeks over at the Pop offices, with staff illness, hardware failures and an office move all within a short period of time.

This has lead to a few technical issues with our wallet servers and a large backlog of support tickets.

To make up for us not living up to our own high expectations, we are offering up to 10% bonus on your next deposit* and, for a limited time, 10% on our savings pool.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
St4yInTh3D4rk (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:48:52 PM

I thought it prudent to update this post owing to the age of things however I am glad to announce that all charges against myself have been dropped.

I feel I must clear my name so i can continue in this industry which i believe i can bring a lot to.

Now that the investigation has broken down I am now able to talk about what has gone on and what is still going on RE: BTCPOP and LEE BARTHOLOMEW.

Unfortunately I am not the only person to be fooled over mismanagement which occurred during my employment at BTCPOP LTD as im sure others will post. I have been in contact with many recently including a local businessman whom I respect for taking the time to speak to me this evening with a course of action that I now intend to bring.

The last 4 months have been extremely turbulent with some projects getting trashed by words from a man just for revenge and self-satisfaction however i can finally put this to rest!

I am willing to make certain documents public now that I have been cleared and will be doing so in due course.

Since making my earlier statements known I have received an apology from @Casimir (The New BTCPOP OWNER - In light of Lee defrauding many). I have accepted his apology as he is now trying to recover the company that Lee left in taters. I respect his decision on this and am willing to support him should the need arise. Bear in mind I am no longer an affiliate of BTCPOP or any other venture of Lee Bartholomew's rouge businesses and intend to bring to light my findings over the last few weeks.

Documents available for public clearing:

From my own personal point of view I would avoid dealing with Lee Bartholomew as you will learn this afternoon/evening.

His current projects consist of a new Bitcoin Lending site (www.cryptoborrow.com) and is strongly advised that no one partakes in this after the practices that he has portrayed. He still has control over Ardeva and would recommend that people make formal requests to have their data removed as I have a feeling it isn't safe.

To date there are several thousand Passports & Identities on the platform which could be re-sold or used for illicit practices.

I have also spoken with Jason Byrne who got defrauded transferring a company over to Lee.

In regards to other things such as hacks I will be making all communications public between myself and Lee tomorrow once I have got the facebook archives.

I hope everyone can get behind me on Zonecoin (ZNE) as I am a man with a vision and will not stop until ive achieved what I need to.

I want to better cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies in whatever way I can.

Best Regards,

Dominic Quick

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████