Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A possbility to use a R9-280x? or i must trhow it away?  (Read 630 times)
pujumba (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:07:59 PM

Hi i have a Gigabyte R9 -280x with scrypt she does 700kh/s  , i dont pay eletricity i was thinking in use her to mining something again, i will like to know if is there some algoritim profitable for her, i really like mining but i will really love if it become profitable, mostly of time i just play games with her, but  now games has no fun for me at all, so i was thinking in put her to work or sell her.

if she just do 0.005 per day i will keep her (i dont care what coin she will mine)

thanks

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Scrypt is ASIC territory now. Do Ethereum.

Also head to Altcoin section, not Bitcoin section. You can come by the IRC in my sig if you want more info.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:37:36 PM

Hi i have a Gigabyte R9 -280x with scrypt she does 700kh/s  , i dont pay eletricity i was thinking in use her to mining something again, i will like to know if is there some algoritim profitable for her, i really like mining but i will really love if it become profitable, mostly of time i just play games with her, but  now games has no fun for me at all, so i was thinking in put her to work or sell her.

if she just do 0.005 per day i will keep her (i dont care what coin she will mine)

thanks

It will probably mine 0.001 to 0.002 a day. Mine with it till you can sell it I'd u can get a good price on it.
pujumba (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:14:31 AM

thanks

It will probably mine 0.001 to 0.002 a day. Mine with it till you can sell it I'd u can get a good price on it.
i started to mining ETH for me it still profitable because i dont pay energy so here we go again, the only problem with the R9-280x (Gigabyte)
 is the 3 coolers they start a noise some times

phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:01:03 AM

Eth mining is still very profitable right now even if you are paying for (reasonably priced) power.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:28:01 AM

Eth mining is still very profitable right now even if you are paying for (reasonably priced) power.

it depend how much you pay, but even at 0.25 is profitable by a small margin above that not anymore

it's better to have free nergy with some green source, to squeeze the most profit out of it while it last
pujumba (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:03:32 PM

it depend how much you pay, but even at 0.25 is profitable by a small margin above that not anymore

it's better to have free nergy with some green source, to squeeze the most profit out of it while it last

in brazil we dont have grrensource , we have something called GATO(CATS), and we dont pay eletricity, but cats can be dangerous if the company catch you, but if you have a CAT you can put a bitcoin farm without spend any peny for eletricity

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: