Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:01:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LOC]UPDATE V1.4.5 OUT!! LOCO|Quark|PoW/PoS|HiPos|Masternodes|Tor[LOC][ANN]  (Read 88628 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:53:35 AM

Go2 V1.3 Will be released @ 6PM GMT 1st May 2016 with the Following Changes:

The default maximum orphans to be kept in memory is now 200 instead of 750.

More Checkpoints added.

The networks protocol version has been changed, this will ensure all on Loco's Network are on the same client with the same chain.

I'm going to be working on a change for masternodes to lower the amount by half so instead of 30k it will be 15k once complete too.

Client timeout interval for pinging has been lowerd from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.

Maximum Stake Age has been added and is set to 31 days now.

Great stuff. When will masternodes be active and also when will the amount be lowered to 15k?
novaexchange

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 11:00:21 AM

Hi,

I am putting the Loco wallet into maintenance mode until the new source is available for download.

@ax66
I did a full resync, salvagewallet and reindex when the fork took place, any transactions received or sent during that time has been invalidated. The fork was unintended by the dev, but I cannot magically make coins that does not exist. If this would been an issue with the Exchange I would have paid up from my own pocket to replace those coins. Now when an issue with a fork of the blockchain the Exchange cannot be held responsible since it is out of my control.

@Nightz
How do you suggest we help those people that have lost coins due to the unintended fork?

Trade your coins at www.novaexchange.com
Nightz (OP)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:01:02 AM

Go2 V1.3 Will be released @ 6PM GMT 1st May 2016 with the Following Changes:

The default maximum orphans to be kept in memory is now 200 instead of 750.

More Checkpoints added.

The networks protocol version has been changed, this will ensure all on Loco's Network are on the same client with the same chain.

I'm going to be working on a change for masternodes to lower the amount by half so instead of 30k it will be 15k once complete too.

Client timeout interval for pinging has been lowerd from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.

Maximum Stake Age has been added and is set to 31 days now.

Great stuff. When will masternodes be active and also when will the amount be lowered to 15k?

Masternodes should be active now mate for a rate of 30k at the moment, I do not presume changing the masternodes structure to 15k rather than 30k will be too hard/time consuming Wink but more will come of this once I have released this update.
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:02:24 AM

@Nightz
How do you suggest we help those people that have lost coins due to the unintended fork?

If we cannot get the said coins back As Long as they are not huge amounts I will reimburse people provided they provide all proof they have not got the coins back ( Maybe lengthy task tho)
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:07:12 AM

Hi,

I am putting the Loco wallet into maintenance mode until the new source is available for download.

@ax66
I did a full resync, salvagewallet and reindex when the fork took place, any transactions received or sent during that time has been invalidated. The fork was unintended by the dev, but I cannot magically make coins that does not exist. If this would been an issue with the Exchange I would have paid up from my own pocket to replace those coins. Now when an issue with a fork of the blockchain the Exchange cannot be held responsible since it is out of my control.

@Nightz

Have you tried restoring a backup wallet.dat from when you created it initially or from an earlier backup and let the db be populated from the clean chain? perhaps the coins will "show up" since the correct chain has no knowledge of any transactions during the fork time. Alternatively a dump of the private key and import to a new wallet will achieve the same result if you do not have an early backup.

You can test this first on a QA machine.
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:09:15 AM

Hi,

@ax66

@Nightz

Have you tried restoring a backup wallet.dat from when you created it initially or from an earlier backup and let the db be populated from the clean chain? perhaps the coins will "show up" since the correct chain has no knowledge of any transactions during the fork time. Alternatively a dump of the private key and import to a new wallet will achieve the same result if you do not have an early backup.

@NovaExchange what JC12345 said could work potentially Can you please give it a try ?

Thanks
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:10:16 AM

@Nightz

If we cannot get the said coins back As Long as they are not huge amounts I will reimburse people provided they provide all proof they have not got the coins back ( Maybe lengthy task tho)

Pity you burned the 29k - it was a bit hasty imo. It is better if you keep your coins for development purposes than to refund people including myself. If in the end it is a right off then it is a write off.

Having said this, the thing is that a wallet only know about valid transactions on the chain. My withdrawal transaction is nowhere to be seen on the chain so even the exchange wallet if rebuilt properly from the correct chain will not know about the withdrawal and the coins would appear again on the exchange side. There will then not be any reason for any refunds.
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:13:11 AM

@Nightz

Pity you burned the 29k. It is better if you keep your coins for development purposes than to refund people including myself.

The thing is that a wallet only know about valid transactions. My withdrawal transaction is nowhere to be seen on the chain so even the exchange wallet if rebuilt properly from the correct chain will not know about the withdrawal and the coins would appear again on the exchange side. 

I know mate but I do not want to leave a sour taste in all's mouth due to an unintended fork happening and people losing some/all their coins, If I have to suffer by losing some of my coins then so be it.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:15:36 AM

@Nightz

Pity you burned the 29k. It is better if you keep your coins for development purposes than to refund people including myself.

The thing is that a wallet only know about valid transactions. My withdrawal transaction is nowhere to be seen on the chain so even the exchange wallet if rebuilt properly from the correct chain will not know about the withdrawal and the coins would appear again on the exchange side.  

I know mate but I do not want to leave a sour taste in all's mouth due to an unintended fork happening and people losing some/all their coins, If I have to suffer by losing some of my coins then so be it.

You do not have to refund me irrespective.

I still believe though with 99% certainty that if the exchange rebuilds the wallet from an early backup it will work and the lost coins will be recovered.
novaexchange

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 11:17:47 AM

Hi,

@ax66

@Nightz

I have tried all of the above suggestions, it was the first thing I did when it come to my attention, but 18 hours had already passed and all transactions in and out during that time is still on the wrong chain. I cannot make transactions that was recieved or sent out during that time to come back.

Nightz has showed that he is an honorably guy and said if there is not huge amounts, he will pay those lost coins back if you can prove they were sent on the wrong chain. So would also I if there would been matematical problems on the Exchange itself I would pay those coins or an btc amount matching the value without even second questioning. But when it comes to the blockchain, I have to trust that the blockchain network is working as intended.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:25:35 AM

Hi,

@ax66

@Nightz

I have tried all of the above suggestions, it was the first thing I did when it come to my attention, but 18 hours had already passed and all transactions in and out during that time is still on the wrong chain. I cannot make transactions that was recieved or sent out during that time to come back.

Nightz has showed that he is an honorably guy and said if there is not huge amounts, he will pay those lost coins back if you can prove they were sent on the wrong chain. So would also I if there would been matematical problems on the Exchange itself I would pay those coins or an btc amount matching the value without even second questioning. But when it comes to the blockchain, I have to trust that the blockchain network is working as intended.

If a tx does not exist it does not exist. A wallet rebuild from scratch cannot re-create a non-existent transaction and therefore the coins have to reappear. Nevertheless, it is not that material and I dont want Nightz to refund me so Ill let it be.

Thanks anyways for trying.
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:28:12 AM

fair enough, in the end it's completely dev's mess

Which I stated I would reimburse. Why do I have a really big feeling you are to do with Amsterdam coin  Huh
finrope

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:29:19 AM

It would be better if you do email alerts to all exchanges and pools, so that they may be aware of the updates and make changes at right time. You can also do wallet alerts.
novaexchange

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 11:33:34 AM

@ax66

i'm sure you did everything right, but the question w jc12345's coins is a bit more complicated,
it's about the origin of balance which had been withdrawn, only you can analyze it.
if he bought them on exchange, or made a deposit before the fork - his coins are legit and should be restored,
if he deposited them to you on the forked chain from his wallet or a pool - those coins ain't exist anymore,
and you have no obligations technically.
of course the whole crypto shit is experimental and any obligations are loose at best

The coins on the exchange user balances matches the total amount in the wallet, down to the locoshi.

I can try to put an empty wallet.dat and import all the private keys into it, its worth a try to see if coins will come back. Cannot promise anything, i still have a few hours until the new version is available.

Question;
How would the exchange know, that when it is doing an withdrawal that it is doing it on the right chain? The Exchange trusts the chain implicitly that it is working, otherwise it would require manual work for each transaction that is going in and out of the exchange which would cause huge delays and waits for everyone.

@jc12345
I want to help and do the right thing, I have though taken a few measures that will prevent such a thing to go long as 18 hours before it will detect such a fork. It will still not be 100% protection, but at least it will automatically shut down the daemon and put it into maintenance mode if it sees sign of any trouble. Causing me to manually investigate if it is a fork, new version or anything else going on before I start it again.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:53:32 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 12:04:33 PM by jc12345

I can try to put an empty wallet.dat and import all the private keys into it, its worth a try to see if coins will come back. Cannot promise anything, i still have a few hours until the new version is available.

yep, we meant exactly this

Currently, the wallet balance and exchange account balances will be the same, as the exchange software subtracted the withdrawal and the wallet (with the invalid tx) think it sent the coins. The debit and credit entries happened on face value in the exchange software and the wallet, although strictly speaking the wallet only passed a one sided entry on the network which is not allowed but the wallet in its current state is not capable to auto-correct. After a cleanup exercise like the proposed private key dump and import there should be reconciling items on the wallet side equal to the coins that were withdrawn by people during the fork time that were marked as invalid. To balance the accounts again it will require corresponding reversal journal entries on the exchange software side.

Worth a try...
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:15:48 PM

Windows wallet is Ready

Github is Ready

Linux wallet is being built Right Now

Will message others regarding the Raspberry Pi Wallet and Mac Wallet,

I Hope you guy's are ready to close your clients around 5:55PM GMT today the 1st of MAY Ready for the update.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:30:16 PM

Question;
How would the exchange know......

i've checked a couple things for you:

the global fork occured at block 28450,
main chain time 1461791472 (27 Apr 2016 21:11:12 GMT)

if jc12345 made any LOC deposits to you since that block/time - feel free to subtract their value from you liability

No deposits, just a withdrawal.  Smiley
Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:34:51 PM

I see loco is the top traded coin so far on https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_LOCO/ for the btc market & the price is also up to 2000 sats so we are definitely going in the right direction now Wink
3worlduser

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:56:43 PM

Windows wallet is Ready

Github is Ready

I Hope you guy's are ready to close your clients around 5:55PM GMT today the 1st of MAY Ready for the update.

I have to resync the hole datababase and the block-chain or just stop the explorer at 5.55pm compile the new demon and launch the explorer with the new daemon?

Nightz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Windows wallet is Ready

Github is Ready

I have to resync the hole datababase and the block-chain or just stop the explorer at 5.55pm compile the new demon and launch the explorer with the new daemon?

You should be able to just close the client, build the new one then just re-open and all should be good
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: