Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IOTA] IOTA Speculation  (Read 171551 times)
whatisbitcoin2016

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:45:12 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 04:28:54 PM by whatisbitcoin2016

@ICO investors got approx 0.004btc/100gIOTA.

I believe you're off by order of magnitude.

Just like IS believe they will Fuck their virgins. Please don't tell me your beliefs. Show me your math.

It was ~130 sats per old IOTA which makes it 130 sats for 2779530 new IOTA.

which makes it ~0.047 BTC / 100Gi

illodin is right. You are way off.

Yes and also this is crypto. We measure in BTC around here, not stinky fiat.  Additionaly, it is not honest to flip between BTC and USD to make the disparity appear larger.  Use one reference point or the other. Proper measure is 0.047 ICO and 0.6 now = 12.75x

Besides, CK's all but likely a scammer at this point. Using his "sales" prices for these conclusions are meaningless as they do not reflect the real market. They are artificialluy low so he can grift investors more easily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:39:37 PM

Just like IS believe they will Fuck their virgins. Please don't tell me your beliefs. Show me your math.

Yes and also this is crypto. We measure in BTC around here, not stinky fiat.  Additionaly, it is not honest to flip between BTC and USD to make the disparity appear larger.  Use one reference point or the other. Proper measure is 0.047 ICO and 0.6 now = 12.75x

Besides, CK's all but likely a scammer at this point. Using his "sales" prices for these conclusions are meaningless as they do not reflect the real market. They are artificialluy low so he can grift investors more easily.

So at what point do we convert btc to USD from 1 bitcoin being worth $0.01 to it now being $650? Or is the pizza sold back in 2011 still worth 20000 btc to you? (I forgot the exact details). Value is value.

My pointsc
1. Iota has no ongoing development team as of right now.
2. Anyone here could be a scammer. Anyone.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:02:09 PM

Also, foundation is way over 50%. Dont know if 55, 60, 70, or 100, but definately over 50.

That webcounter was stopped weeks ago, and all the donations done after GUI was released, are still to count.
whatisbitcoin2016

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:09:59 PM

So at what point do we convert btc to USD from 1 bitcoin being worth $0.01 to it now being $650? Or is the pizza sold back in 2011 still worth 20000 btc to you? (I forgot the exact details). Value is value.

My pointsc

Well we had better track USD value vs other world currencies into the equation. Please ask everybody what currency they bought with and what it's value vs USD is now vs when they invested. Also we will need to know what the price of BTC was when they originally bought it so we can clculate their cost basis into our equation. Where does it end? The point is you pick one reference and stick with it.

Please show me a source where this is stated as absolute as you portray it to be. I would also like you to explain why the foundation is collecting 5% of all IOTA if there is to be no long term development. Of course they will continue to support their project and many others will join as things progress. You are just doom and glooming with no basis.

Friend, anyone in the world can be a scammer. Act accordingly. The difference is only very few people in this circumstance have handed out IOU's without escrow and that is what we are talking about.

Regarding foundation. All account claiming has been happening this past week and it will be far above 50%.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:54:51 PM

Real prices from sellers who use escrow would be much higher imo.

E.g. I would expect something like 3BTC/100gIOTA and later 5BTC/100gIOTA or even 10BTC/100gIOTA - after release. That is because I have faith in IOTA and realize it's potential.

@ICO investors got approx 0.004btc/100gIOTA. CryptoKnight is selling for around 0.6btc/100gIOTA. In USD terms, that's about $15 vs $400!!

That's 26x profit before the foundation is even funded! There is alot of risk still. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves people.

It's smart to sell half of a large postion at this stage and it would be greedy to demand ridiculous prices like the Nxt initial holders did.

@WizzardTim's most conservative estimates, that's over 125x profit, with still alot of risk! Over 500x profit with what he expects. This is pre-launch madness. I sense greed.

That´s the point.

nope its not. price of ICO doesnt matter when it comes to decide if a CC is a good investment or not. all that matters is price now vs expected price.

I think there are still some people who don't understand what IOTA is, how it will affect the IOT and crypto in a highly positive way. It's the first 3rd gen crypto currency build for the IOT. just google on how fast it will grow and big the IOT will be in the upcoming years.

I think the people who post that is to much, want to buy cheap IOTA.

go to the XEM thread and troll there that the price is to much.

in fact if you buy now, you will still get a great deal. I did recommend to a friend to buy at these prices, because when the launch will be there and when the devs will publish the news and deals they already made and are in the making... well.. I expect to hit 1 billion USD marketcap at least.

To be clear, I invested in the ico. Not as much as I planned but still I did.

I'm aware of the importance of m2m transactions in the upcoming economy if things. The reason I think a low price is justified is because if the foundation isn't reached, our iotas will be worth shit. We are at 50% (last update, no proof otherwise).

Iota will also be open source, there is the real possibility of a company like IBM funding David, CFB and Dominick and making their own tangle. The risk is REAL.

Good thing Iota price doesnt care about your opinion of it. Either sell your Iota at the price you think it is worth or stop being a negative nancy and start doing something productive for the community. If you are FUDing trying to lower price so you can buy more, just leave now.
lovely89

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:11:22 PM

My pointsc

Well we had better track USD value vs other world currencies into the equation. Please ask everybody what currency they bought with and what it's value vs USD is now vs when they invested. Also we will need to know what the price of BTC was when they originally bought it so we can clculate their cost basis into our equation. Where does it end? The point is you pick one reference and stick with it.

Please show me a source where this is stated as absolute as you portray it to be. I would also like you to explain why the foundation is collecting 5% of all IOTA if there is to be no long term development. Of course they will continue to support their project and many others will join as things progress. You are just doom and glooming with no basis.

Friend, anyone in the world can be a scammer. Act accordingly. The difference is only very few people in this circumstance have handed out IOU's without escrow and that is what we are talking about.

Regarding foundation. All account claiming has been happening this past week and it will be far above 50%.

1. World reserve currency vs highly volatile bitcoin. Even the USD adjusts for inflation over years.

.... Keep in mind that we - the company - didn't allocate a single iota for ourselves, precisely to avoid people thinking that we were somehow obligated to do any work beyond our sales agreement of developing and delivering software to our customers.

We have proposed a foundation, and it's up to the community by 100% choice to participate or not....

3. There are many not using escrow. I'm against singling people out.

4. It's impossible to say until the tangle confirms it.

lovely89

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:17:57 PM

Good thing Iota price doesnt care about your opinion of it. Either sell your Iota at the price you think it is worth or stop being a negative nancy and start doing something productive for the community. If you are FUDing trying to lower price so you can buy more, just leave now.

Good thing for who? The sellers? I'm just trying to make sure people know the current state of the iota project.

I'm being realistic. If people understand this and still want to pay these prices, that's great! I'm all for a high iota price. I just don't want greedy speculators giving false information about the current status.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:22:53 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 08:38:21 PM by windjc

Good thing for who? The sellers? I'm just trying to make sure people know the current state of the iota project.

I'm being realistic. If people understand this and still want to pay these prices, that's great! I'm all for a high iota price. I just don't want greedy speculators giving false information about the current status.

Good thing for the reality that is the real reality but alternate to your reality.

Fundamentals dont determine price and you can't possibly accurately advise people on the fundamentals of Iota anyway, because you really dont know the current state. So stop FUDing.
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:27:00 PM

concerning http://necropaz.github.io/IOTAtutorial.html

I didn't participate in the ICO, but bought some *here.
So how can I get transactions without having a seed?

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:33:59 PM

You can generate an address with the current GUI, and wait until the seller sends IOTA to your address.
SteveoMB

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:41:13 PM

You can generate an address with the current GUI, and wait until the seller sends IOTA to your address.

but I need to enter seed/password into the wallet first and I don't have that, or do you mean something else with GUI?

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:45:45 PM

but I need to enter seed/password into the wallet first and I don't have that, or do you mean something else with GUI?

You can make a seed up yourself, for maximum safety it should be a randomized 81 character string consisting of latin letters and the number 9.
SteveoMB

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:47:22 PM

You can make a seed up yourself, for maximum safety it should be a randomized 81 character string consisting of latin letters and the number 9.
so I can enter in this seed/passwort-field whatever I want and its my seed from there on?

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:49:37 PM

so I can enter in this seed/passwort-field whatever I want and its my seed from there on?

Yes, latin letters and 9s. Make sure you store it in a safe place. Not in an unsecured text document on an infected computer for example.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:50:41 PM

Yes. Make sure you store it in a safe place. Not in an unsecured text document on an infected computer for example.

Definitely use a password manager, like 1password, Keepass of Lastpass.
SteveoMB

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:52:54 PM

Thanks guys, it worked!

whatisbitcoin2016

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:42:14 PM

My pointsc

1. World reserve currency vs highly volatile bitcoin. Even the USD adjusts for inflation over years.

.... Keep in mind that we - the company - didn't allocate a single iota for ourselves, precisely to avoid people thinking that we were somehow obligated to do any work beyond our sales agreement of developing and delivering software to our customers.

We have proposed a foundation, and it's up to the community by 100% choice to participate or not....

3. There are many not using escrow. I'm against singling people out.

4. It's impossible to say until the tangle confirms it.

1. Friend, China, russia and handfuls of other countries would like to talk to you about this alleged "USD world reserve currency" statement... Not sure what you are trying to get at regarding your inflation statement. Seems unrelated and out of place.

2. That quote does in no way support your absolute statement that there is no long term development team.

3. No. You don't single people out. You just spread a blanket of FUD, which is worse.

4. Exactly. All of your statements are predicated on the assumption that the foundation will not be funded. So you are making baseless speculations.
MidwestMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:58:13 PM

E.g. I would expect something like 3BTC/100gIOTA and later 5BTC/100gIOTA or even 10BTC/100gIOTA - after release. That is because I have faith in IOTA and realize it's potential.

Current iota marketcap in USD is ~ 15 - 20 mil USD.

I think no one doubts that iota will hit at least 50 mil USD cap. I personally think it will likely be in 100 - 200 mil range. 

Or a few billions, if JINN project will come out of stealth mode. But don't tell anybody

My prediction is $40-$60 on launch, and $150-$200 once people realize what it is, and see some of the partnerships.
MidwestMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:59:10 PM

I agree, it was a typo. But a belief doesn't mean shit. His wasn't a completely meaningless post.

Arguing ICO price in IOTA is as useful as trying to buy Ethereum at $0.40. Try if you want, but I doubt you will get any.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:52:07 PM

Current iota marketcap in USD is ~ 15 - 20 mil USD.

I think no one doubts that iota will hit at least 50 mil USD cap. I personally think it will likely be in 100 - 200 mil range. 

Or a few billions, if JINN project will come out of stealth mode. But don't tell anybody

My prediction is $40-$60 on launch, and $150-$200 once people realize what it is, and see some of the partnerships.

A billion usd within a year. The hype is real, the fomo will be stronk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: