Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which attention economy crypto will attain the first mover advantage?
Synereo - 10 (32.3%)
STEEM - 21 (67.7%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll - Which social media platform will launch a MVP sooner Synereo or STEEM ?  (Read 2291 times)
useless eater (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 04:15:38 PM by useless eater

Looking to get some social media crypto.

Which platform is closer to launching a MVP:

Synereo has some nice GUI work going on, but is dragging its feet on choosing a blockchain to mate with.
STEEM just launched its POW blockchain, but no GUI yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:43:14 AM

STEEM IS A SCAM

Here is what i first read by eclipse crypto dev

"The reasoning behind not having windows binaries is that the devs continue to use their insider knowledge to fuck over the community.

The list of how they do this is growing longer.

Most recently you will notice that they offered someone a position as a witness. How are they able to offer this position? Because they have now secured all control over this coin by using this concept of vests. This coin is COMPLETELY CENTRALIZED NOW.

Here's how they did it:

First, they did a typical instamine/flashmine/freemine scam (yes scam) where they released

(1) no compiled wallets
(2) no instructions to build
(3) incomplete and inaccurate instructions to mine

This wasn't bad enough. After the first 12 or so hours of mining, all their miners crashed, exposing that they were mining to 100 different witnesses to hide the fact that they (he) was one entity. The devs wouldn't have been caught except that their mining instructions were wrong, and no one else was mining because, even if they couldn't get the client to build, they entered mining commands that caused them to get no blocks. The devs will claim this isn't on purpose, but check the original thread. You'll see that no one mined a block when the dev's miners were down.

Then, as I have stated many times, when their miners crashed again, I mined a significant amount of steem that night in their absence. To prevent my vesting that and driving the price of vests up on them, they relaunched to ensure COMPLETE CONTROL AND CENTRALIZATION.

After the relaunch, no one would challenge them on mining because if they did, the devs would just relaunch this scamcoin again. So, no one who pays attention (and the people who have the means to procure whatever hashes they want are also the people who are paying attention), would challenge them on the hashes. As they hoped, no one did and they completely dominated the hashes for 1 week.

Now after 1 week of hashing, they dump all their coins into vests, where the price of a vest goes up with the amount vested. This is not your typical stakeholding where one unit of currency is worth one stake. This is on purpose so that they can COMPLETELY CONTROL THIS COIN IN A CENTRALIZED WAY after just 1 week.

Vests don't cost 1 STEEM anymore like they did when the devs bought them. They now cost 5 STEEM. That means that you will need to dominate all the hashes for 5 weeks just to match the control the devs have after 1 week. They have driven your costs up by 5, not using the market, as should be done, but by using this freemine/threat-of-relaunch scam.

So, why don't we all just mine for 5 weeks and decentralize control ourselves? There are two main reasons.

First, anyone who is paying attention (this includes all smart people with BTC to throw at things like this) won't dump money on a scam like this. So you are going to get a bunch of gullible small timers who don't have the foresight to convert to vests anyway, even if vests were legit. The small timers just want to get a profit asap.

Second, there's only 3 more weeks left of true mining before delegated mining kicks in. Delegated mining is when the devs pick 19 "witnesses" to mine. Maybe they might pick one or two legit miners, but the most likely scenario, given the scam they have perpetrated so far, is that they will pick at least 17 instances of themselves to mine.

In other words, it's impossible now to decentralize this coin because the devs have rigged it since the beginning. Not only that, they will be getting all the coins, unchallenged, for as small of a price as they want to pay.

By the way, I'm keeping track here. The devs are going to have to stay low and so will this coin. If it ever gets big, then these devs will be fucked because they will not be able to deny they control the entire currency."

Then I read this a page later from eclipse crypto dev

"And I've been mining while I've been fudding.

Hate me? Consider it "chess". Wink

TOTAL                  1357.000 STEEM    3676.733594 VESTS            0.000 SBD "

Eclipse crypto dev latest one

"I think you have a great idea here and am interested in being a witness, so I'm going to lay down my creds.

First of all, the Eclipse Crypto account is a join developer account. I originally used it to post in this thread because I was logged in as this account and forgot to log out. I thought it would be a one-off post but then it kind of exploded. The other Eclipse developers have been *very* understanding, and my apparent lunacy here is in no way a reflection of the Eclipse team.

From now on, I'll post in this thread as "Bubba-Gump".

Was he paid off in steems or just was fudding and scamming all along? either way would you want a dev like this in charge of your eclipse crypto currency. I would be selling that at once if I had any I would be.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:50:15 AM

This blog post was obviously written about STEEM:

https://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:56:14 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 01:06:37 AM by cryptohunter

sounds like scam justification to me...

They said no premine no instamine then instamined it all themselves. When someone else got some they reset the blockchain to start again.

sounds like xcoin release but they had to do it that way.

soon it seems devs will have to take 80% of the minting it's the only fair and legal way to get some funds Sad

I'd take transparent ICO over this.

Let's go back to POW fair release protocols from wave 2 of alt releases.

So it's not ok to premine (mine before the ann thread is created)

But it is okay to instamine it whilst stopping majority of others mining it. Whilst claiming no instamine and no premine.

Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:12:08 AM

Reference Synereo did anyone ever find out why they had that huge one day run up in price?
useless eater (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:20:54 AM

No, but I was wondering why Synereo ran up high, and STEEM even higher.  Like most start up companies, the devs of both projects are major holders in their babies.  I must have taken a wrong turn and wound up hijacked in the in the ghetto.  Please let me reiterate the topic up for discussion:  

WHICH PLATFORM IS GOING TO LAUNCH OFFICIALLY FIRST? (blockchain compensation mechanism + user friendly GUI)

So far we have 4 posts and not even a single UNEDUCATED guess...  

Maybe this is the wrong place to have "group due diligence" discussions on the state of the art crypto companies.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:35:40 AM

No, but I was wondering why Synereo ran up high, and STEEM even higher.  Like most start up companies, the devs of both projects are major holders in their babies.  I must have taken a wrong turn and wound up hijacked in the in the ghetto.  Please let me reiterate the topic up for discussion:  

WHICH PLATFORM IS GOING TO LAUNCH OFFICIALLY FIRST? (blockchain compensation mechanism + user friendly GUI)

Maybe this is the wrong place to have "group due diligence" discussions on the state of the art crypto companies.

Steem will probably try to rush something out first but since it's a scam it will fail.

Buy steem and you have been hijacked.

useless eater (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:45:23 AM

OK, cool, after a page of replies, we got one actual vote.  Thank you cryptohunter.  

These are not your grandpa's bitcoin (where the devs do a few days of coding and then launch the coin for the community to develop like BTC, ETH, etc)

These are modern crypto companies where the Owners use their equity (that they are selling to you just like they do on wall street) to work on development CONTINUOUSLY, like forever.  The trick to the social media coins is:

are users actually going to use them?

You don't have to buy or mine these coins because if you use the social media service, then you get to EARN THEM FOR DOING WHAT YOU ARE ALREADY DOING (posting and upvoting stuff).

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=synereo

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:04:38 AM

Steem has said they will be doing an airdrop in early July based on best content on their site. That suggests to me MVP will be operating for some time before that.

I was one of the people who mined STEEM both before and after the relaunch, so I'm somewhat familiar with it, but I will never shill for it because I do agree the launch was scammy. I have not followed Synereo, so it is hard for me to judge which will be first.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:09:39 AM

Steem will probably try to rush something out first but since it's a scam it will fail.

Daniel Larimer, creator of BitShares, is a dev behind steem.  No way would Dan try and scam people, he has been one of the most honest and up front people around the crypto space these last few years.  I'm not commenting on the actual launch, just stating that Dan would in no way create streem to scam people.

Every Friday he is on the Beyond Bitcoin hangout where anyone can join in and ask questions directly.  You can find all those recordings on sound cloud.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 02:13:21 AM

Daniel Larimer, creator of BitShares, is a dev behind steem.  No way would Dan try and scam people, he has been one of the most honest and up front people around the crypto space these last few years.  I'm not commenting on the actual launch, just stating that Dan would in no way create streem to scam people.

Every Friday he is on the Beyond Bitcoin hangout where anyone can join in and ask questions directly.  You can find all those recordings on sound cloud.

People use the word 'scam' rather loosely here, so let's ask another question - do you think he has a history of reneging on promises? If so, do you think it will be different fro Steem?
useless eater (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:30:07 AM

Steem has said they will be doing an airdrop in early July based on best content on their site. That suggests to me MVP will be operating for some time before that.

I was one of the people who mined STEEM both before and after the relaunch, so I'm somewhat familiar with it, but I will never shill for it because I do agree the launch was scammy. I have not followed Synereo, so it is hard for me to judge which will be first.

Sweet, a fact (July)!

and it only took a page of "scam spam"

WTF us up with you girls?  

bitch bitch bitch!!

Both coins have huge insider premines for a reason (so the devs can eat as they develop their products).  Also known on Wall Street as EQUITY.  Yeah, both businesses are definitely "scams" if your definition of "scam" means that the "company owners" actually "own" a big share of the company.  It's their incentive to raise the share price, Sherlock.  

So team STEEM is poised to produce a blockchain+GUI by July.

Thanks Smooth, I'm halfway there.

now does anybody here have any idea when Synereo plans on launching their blockchain+GUI social media solution?
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:35:17 AM

People use the word 'scam' rather loosely here, so let's ask another question - do you think he has a history of reneging on promises? If so, do you think it will be different fro Steem?

Reneging is not the right word.  Dan among others have quit their jobs to push crypto the next level.  Is BitShares everything promised it would be?  Of course not, these are all experiments (new unknown territory) that we should appreciate the honest dev's putting in work to progress crypto.  He has no choice but to take a break from BTS and in the meantime to get Steem going as he also has life expenses.
useless eater (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:10:23 AM

Yes, of course I know all about the Bitshare devs (I've done at least SOME DD).  They invented the smartcoin market, that never saw a black swan break the peg.  Bang, first mover advantage complete.  Who knows when or if another coin is going to allow its owners to sell assets they don't own (gold, silver, oil, etc) simply by locking up some crypto collateral on its blockchian.  But why reinvent the wheel, right. Like we need another smartcoin market.

So, now that team Bitshares has attained the first mover advantage in the smartcoin space, what's next?

Social Media cryptos can be mined by anybody, not just the miners, so who cares how much premine the devs have, when ANYBODY can get STEEM simply by PAYING (see the value now?) attention.  My attention costs MONEY, and Synereo and STEEM are going to show it to me.

So, the Bitshares team has a history of delivering functional DACs that stand the test of time, but the Synereo team looks pretty focussed too, however, they have never proven that they can launch a functional DAC.

But who will attain the first mover advantage?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:21:39 AM

Both coins have huge insider premines for a reason (so the devs can eat as they develop their products).  Also known on Wall Street as EQUITY.

Crypto coins are not equity and the misleading comparison is often made for scamming purposes (no comment on either of these coins in particular). The difference is that with equity you have a legal claim against the net assets of a business, with a coin you do not have any kind of claim on anything. It is often valued solely on the basis of hype and promotion (and what you can resell it for to a greater fool). Again, those are general thoughts, and these coins may be different. I'm not commenting.

So team STEEM is poised to produce a blockchain+GUI by July.

There is already a blockchain and as I understand it you can post content via the wallet. I haven't tried though, just mined.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:45:07 AM

Both coins have huge insider premines for a reason (so the devs can eat as they develop their products).  Also known on Wall Street as EQUITY.

Crypto coins are not equity and the misleading comparison is often made for scamming purposes (no comment on either of these coins in particular). The difference is that with equity you have a legal claim against the net assets of a business, with a coin you do not have any kind of claim on anything.

Chill out dude?  Are you a kop or something?

Did you see me flashing a badge or arresting someone?

I have an opinion, and I decided to share it.

Use or ignore as you see fit.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:57:27 AM

IMO (and IANAL), that is a very, very, very astute blog post.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:19:53 AM

STEEM IS A SCAM

Here is what i first read by eclipse crypto dev

[...]

Here's how they did it:

First, they did a typical instamine/flashmine/freemine scam (yes scam) where they released

(1) no compiled wallets
(2) no instructions to build
(3) incomplete and inaccurate instructions to mine

This wasn't bad enough. After the first 12 or so hours of mining, all their miners crashed, exposing that they were mining to 100 different witnesses to hide the fact that they (he) was one entity. The devs wouldn't have been caught except that their mining instructions were wrong, and no one else was mining because, even if they couldn't get the client to build, they entered mining commands that caused them to get no blocks. The devs will claim this isn't on purpose, but check the original thread. You'll see that no one mined a block when the dev's miners were down.

Then, as I have stated many times, when their miners crashed again, I mined a significant amount of steem that night in their absence. To prevent my vesting that and driving the price of vests up on them, they relaunched to ensure COMPLETE CONTROL AND CENTRALIZATION.

After the relaunch, no one would challenge them on mining because if they did, the devs would just relaunch this scamcoin again. So, no one who pays attention (and the people who have the means to procure whatever hashes they want are also the people who are paying attention), would challenge them on the hashes. As they hoped, no one did and they completely dominated the hashes for 1 week.

Now after 1 week of hashing, they dump all their coins into vests, where the price of a vest goes up with the amount vested. This is not your typical stakeholding where one unit of currency is worth one stake. This is on purpose so that they can COMPLETELY CONTROL THIS COIN IN A CENTRALIZED WAY after just 1 week.

Vests don't cost 1 STEEM anymore like they did when the devs bought them. They now cost 5 STEEM. That means that you will need to dominate all the hashes for 5 weeks just to match the control the devs have after 1 week. They have driven your costs up by 5, not using the market, as should be done, but by using this freemine/threat-of-relaunch scam.

So, why don't we all just mine for 5 weeks and decentralize control ourselves? There are two main reasons.

First, anyone who is paying attention (this includes all smart people with BTC to throw at things like this) won't dump money on a scam like this. So you are going to get a bunch of gullible small timers who don't have the foresight to convert to vests anyway, even if vests were legit. The small timers just want to get a profit asap.

Second, there's only 3 more weeks left of true mining before delegated mining kicks in. Delegated mining is when the devs pick 19 "witnesses" to mine. Maybe they might pick one or two legit miners, but the most likely scenario, given the scam they have perpetrated so far, is that they will pick at least 17 instances of themselves to mine.

In other words, it's impossible now to decentralize this coin because the devs have rigged it since the beginning. Not only that, they will be getting all the coins, unchallenged, for as small of a price as they want to pay.

Dash's scheme on steroids. Wow.

testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:47:20 AM

... You can find all those recordings on sound cloud.

...and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BeyondBitcoinCommunity

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DishwashingUnit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:44:14 PM

I didn't even know Steem was supposed to be a social media platform, and I follow Bitshares closely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: