Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER AUCTION 2000 sahres.  (Read 16237 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:09:56 AM

TL;DR  2000 AsicMiner auction @ .38 BTC

Hello all,

I pretty much want to copy what Zefir has done here  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142038.0

I will be selling 2000 of my AsicMiner shares. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0

Bids need to start at .38 and go up by multiples of .01
You must bid in blocks that are divisible by 25  (ex, 25, 50, 100, 1375, 2000)
I'd like you to post in the thread but PM's are fine if you are an established member and want to be anon.
You must pay the escrow account with in 24 hours of receiving the BTC address. I am open as to who we use as escrow.

Auction starts now and ends (Tuesday, 2013-02-19 14:00 UTC). This can be extended if for example the bitcointalk.org server keeps crashing and no one can bid. I will be the judge if the auction needs to be extended but I hope that it will not be needed.

I also keep the right to cancel the auction for any reason. Sales will be final only once the BTC reaches escrow.

As many of you know I had a harsh last year and many if not all of my investments turned out to be bad. This sale of a portion of my shares will ensure a bit of finical stability for my family in the coming months.  I have high confidence that ASICMiner will do very well and I am not selling even half of my shares.

Friedcat knows about this auction and my shares have been confirmed. I will give him a list of who now holds the current shares and I hope he will automatically send them to you when they are listed on the exchange. If not, I will have to send them to you myself.

I will not get the escrowed money until you have the shares. Please if you are trusted in the community and wish to act as an escrow please contact me ASAP!

Local rules, you must stay on topic. If you want to ask off topic questions please PM me.

Thank you, Goat

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:16:02 AM

We missed you around, goat.

PS: I can act as the escrow if  needed - I've done over 20 transactions as an escrow holder now.
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:31:28 AM

PS: I can act as the escrow if  needed - I've done over 20 transactions as an escrow holder now.

Thanks, It is good to be back Smiley

I will accept your offer of acting as escrow. We could not have asked for better!

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:08:02 AM

We I missed you around, goat.

Speak for yourself.

lol  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ahdinosaur

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 05:25:35 AM

125 @ 0.38
asnonmous

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:44:02 AM

I will accept your offer of acting as escrow. We could not have asked for better!

I would hope with the doubts raised about your trustworthiness in the other thread you would be open to the option of a buyer picking a trustworthy escrow, no?  Not taking any sides, but I'm always hesitant when one side chooses an escrow immediately, and doubly so when the trustworthiness of the individual is called into question.
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:58:41 AM

I would hope with the doubts raised about your trustworthiness in the other thread you would be open to the option of a buyer picking a trustworthy escrow, no?  Not taking any sides, but I'm always hesitant when one side chooses an escrow immediately, and doubly so when the trustworthiness of the individual is called into question.

I understand you are new here but no. John is more than fine and trusted. Zefir did not question my trustworthiness only that sales should be made with trusted escrow, a point that I highly agree with. If you do not trust John than please do not buy. I highly doubt you would be able to find someone willing that the community trusts more than John.

I should not have let unestablished/unknown members participate in the auction but I guess it is too late to change the rules.

Best of luck.

Trolling
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 07:05:10 AM

200 @  @ 0.38
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:03:06 AM

I would hope with the doubts raised about your trustworthiness in the other thread [...]

Dear goat, dear interested bidders,

I am sorry that my comment was understood in an unintended direction. That's what I posted in my auction thread:
Ah, that's Chaang who also posted his offer in IRC. He is going to sell those 2k only as a whole.

Just in case you have not been in the Bitcoin community for at least half a year, it is worth to check his history (which is long and fascinating) before you take that offer. Not going to post allegations here, just saying that whoever does should insist on escrow (that anyhow should become a general rule).

Writing it at the ending time of my auction I did not cross-read it before posting and failed to realize that it can be interpreted in a wrong way. Now it is there and can't be edited any more (auction forum rule). Reality is, I did some business with goat (or Chaang) in the past and he was one of the few that always kept his word.

The reason I put my note was a) the one bidding for my shares was a newbie, and b) that when I tried to contact Chaang not long ago, his account was banned from bitcointalk, so I assumed something went wrong behind the curtains. Now this is not the case anymore, if there were disputes they are obviously gone and I need to say sorry for raising dust  Embarrassed.

asnonmous

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:04:55 AM

I understand you are new here but no. John is more than fine and trusted. Zefir did not question my trustworthiness only that sales should be made with trusted escrow, a point that I highly agree with. If you do not trust John than please do not buy. I highly doubt you would be able to find someone willing that the community trusts more than John.

I should not have let unestablished/unknown members participate in the auction but I guess it is too late to change the rules.

Best of luck.

Zefir clarified, so my apologies, and I meant no offense to John.  My suspicions were aroused based on how I saw the whole thing unfold, and Zefir's comment.  I take what I said back.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:01:54 AM

Just to clarify that Chaang Noi was banned by theymos for repeated off-topic trollings, and was reinstated. I only knew that he was unbanned after he posted this thread, and my post above was to welcome him back as he was an active on the forums and IRC last year.

As for my part here, I've acted as an escrow holder for some time privately, and I've recently begun to offer my services publicly for tips. I've held funds from others amounting to over a thousand BTC now, and I'm not going anywhere soon.

PS: Scamming does not constitute a ban - only trolling/spamming does. *looks at smoothie  Roll Eyes*
ghostshirt

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:29:20 AM

75 @ 0.38

El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:31:48 AM

PM #1

"Hi
I am a newbie so I can't post in your auction thread...

my bid is 25@0.45

thanks"

Trolling
Vezunchik

Activity: 420

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:53:03 AM

250 @ 0.38
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:23:41 AM

I would like to make a small change to the auction. I would like to avoid snipers and would like to extend the the end time of the auction for 30 mins after the last bid. This means the auction will not end until there has been 30 mins with no new bids.

This should stop someone from getting all the shares at the last second.

Also about the past drama that has entered this thread you can read about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144614.0

Zefir thank you for clearing up the confusion but you are 100% correct to recommend escrow always be used. Even though I am "trusted" my account could have been hacked or taken over. Always be safe and trust no one!

Thanks guys.

Trolling
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:41:53 AM

PM #2

Hi Chaang Noi  Smiley

I would like to bid for 400 asicmining shares at 0.38 btc each for a total of 152 btc.

Regards,

Trolling
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 05:10:20 PM

25 @ 0.39
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:24:13 PM

Soooo...Why's bidding starting at 380% of the IPO price?

Vezunchik

Activity: 420

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:31:49 PM

This is a  Auctions thread. You can't edit posts. And moderators can't do it too, I think...
Oh..oops, sorry for all the posts. Meant to edit my first one, but it appears the "edit" button is missing...  Undecided

Mods, feel free to delete this post and the one before it with just the quote.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

This is a  Auctions thread. You can't edit posts. And moderators can't do it too, I think...
Oh..oops, sorry for all the posts. Meant to edit my first one, but it appears the "edit" button is missing...  Undecided

Mods, feel free to delete this post and the one before it with just the quote.

Ha, yeah so I noticed Undecided

Well anyway, back to the original question: Goat, why are you offering them at .38 when they were originally purchased at .1? What makes these 2000 shares so special that they require a 380% markup?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: