Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653224 times)
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:45:07 AM

Holly Scammy McScammer, this has scam written all over it.
docker

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:59:54 AM

Mate this is too funny to be true...go home you're drunk
scifi.rem

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:32:49 AM

Hey guys. My name is Steve and I'll be your tour guide today...  Grin

Justin and I are co-founders of Rise. While he's hammering out code, I'll be working on marketing and some of the writing material. I hope you bear with us as we get the website up and everything put into place and have something for you to look at in github. We do have a Slack channel https://risevision.slack.com/

A little bit about myself. I'm an entrepreneur and have developed a slew of websites that have gained traction over time. My first major success was Skinny Moose Media, a hunting and outdoor blogging, advertising and multimedia network, which became a well recognized company in the industry after I had only dumped $12 into it to buy the domain. Since then I have moved onto several projects, helping to get them off the ground. You can visit my linkedin here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sremington

One of my more recent ventures is writing. I have a couple sci-fi / dystopian style novels under my belt and I run a writing group here: http://remingtonwritingcompany.com

A couple years ago Justin and I jumped on a venture building gpu miners for people. So we have worked together in the past and are not new to crypto. I've been a day trader as well since early 2014.

We have a lot of things planned and it is our job to convey what those things are the best that we can in the coming weeks. Please check out our profiles and we look forward to growing this project and we hope that you will join in our quest. We would love to answer questions. However, comments claiming we are a scam and all that will be ignored. We have a bright future with excellent coders.

Lastly, I'm working on a presentation and video which will be released soon. This will be released before the white papers Justin had talked about.

Thanks.

Join RISE in SLACK!
RiseVision (OP)

Activity: 196

RISE Team Account

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:27:07 PM

Hungarian translation is now reserved.

So far we have:

Portuguese
Italian
Turkish
Romanian
Chinese
Indonesian
German
Indian
Hungarian

xephireusMMX

Activity: 306

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:33:41 PM

Hello all - I am the lead developer on Rise. Just wanted to take a moment to say hello and give you a couple of updates on where we are at.

Some housekeeping - We now have a Slack team, as well as a Gitter room. If you want access to the Slack, please shoot me a PM and I'll send you an Invite. URLs will be added to the OP.

Our current focus is on bringing the source code from Lisk up to date. We are bringing the NodeJS version up to v4.4.3, which is the Long Term Support version of Node. We will maintain LTS releases of Node. We are also updating all NPM packages to their current versions, and removing all depreciated code.

Immediately after we get everything up to current versions, we are going to run a security audit on the code, and find all of the known vulnerabilities. We are not going to spend much time, at this point, attempting to find unknown vulnerabilities, but once the network start gaining traction, we will dedicate some of our own people to finding and fixing unknown vulnerabilities in the packages that Rise uses. We will also have a security bounty program just for people who want to test our security for us.

In addition to the security audit, we will write test code for all of Rise Core, so that we can ensure regression testing on all fixes, updates, and feature releases in the future. We will do a combination of unit and integration testing for Core prior to every merge being accepted. Prior to any release, we will also conduct complete end-to-end testing, in addition to another run of unit and integration testing, across core, and ui.

Our Development process is based on Github-Flow, using branches for each issue we work on. Features will be released on an as-ready basis. We are also going to build in an auto-update function into the nodes, so they will get the newest features as they are released.

Our focus, after getting the code base up to current versions of the packages it uses, is to add an encryption layer to the database. We will also be investigating potential performance issues with the Relational database that backs the blockchain, and looking into Object oriented alternatives, things like LevelDB, or NeDB, ect.

Once that is done, we will release Testnet, and the ICO. The desktop applications will come while the ICO is in progress. The initial desktop applications will be built on Electron, by Github, and nearly identical to the Web interface that will be available on the testnet. We will also build into the desktop applications the ability to switch between the testnet and mainnet.

After the desktop applications, we are going to focus on ease of use, and marketing. We want to get this into the hands of as many people as possible, so we are going to build Graphical User Interfaces to create Dapps, Custom Coins, Smart Contracts, ect. All of these will be able to be accessed out of the Desktop Wallets. We will provide some example applications, and we will also be working on an example investor platform to enable side chain coins based on real assets (like real estate) to enable more investment from smaller value investors.

The Rise Platform will be supported by Don't Panic Consulting INC. out of Lewiston, Maine, of which I am the principal owner. My partner in Don't Panic Consulting, Richard Hooper, will also be participating in development. Don't Panic will be providing the core development team, the security audits, as well as any hosting that will be required for RiseVision to succeed.

I look forward to working with this community, and building a platform that can gain traction with a larger population than those that have come before us.

Justin R. Donnaruma
LinkedIn Profile
Richard Hooper
LinkedIn Profile

RiseVision Github: https://github.com/RiseVision

Gitter is on rise-core repo.

Will this be better than lisk Huh

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:00:27 PM

The devs profile seems untrustworthy, can you provide more convincing information beside the newbie ranks?

I want to reserve for translate bounties to filipino if thats okay.
RiseVision (OP)

RISE Team Account

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:18:55 PM

The devs profile seems untrustworthy, can you provide more convincing information beside the newbie ranks?

I want to reserve for translate bounties to filipino if thats okay.

There are three people on the development team that have provided a public profile:

Justin R. Donnaruma

LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/jrdonnaruma

Richard Hooper

LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-hooper-352233100

Steven Remmington

LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/sremington

Filipino translation is now reserved by ImnotOctopus

So far we have:

Portuguese
Italian
Turkish
Romanian
Chinese
Indonesian
German
Indian
Hungarian

Plenty left to go, please get in contact to reserve your language.

scifi.rem

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:54:46 PM

Will this be better than lisk Huh
That's the idea. We saw an opportunity, especially with the Lisk delays, where we could not just build something unique but hopefully do so quicker.  Wink

Join RISE in SLACK!
ltcrstrbrt
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:29:16 PM

Romanian translation reserved.
bitzzer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 01:26:43 AM

So far we have:

Portuguese
Italian
Turkish
Romanian
Chinese
Indonesian
German
Indian
Hungarian

Indonesian translation will be complete in couple minute  Wink

RiseVision (OP)

RISE Team Account

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:54:41 AM

So far we have:

Portuguese
Italian
Turkish
Romanian
Chinese
Indonesian
German
Indian
Hungarian

Indonesian translation will be complete in couple minute  Wink

Good, please post link when it's done so it can be listed in the OP.

scifi.rem

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:10:50 AM

Hey everyone, we need to get our Twitter account populated with interested followers. It's looking quite bleak at the moment. To receive Rise coins please:

1. Follow us on Twitter here https://twitter.com/RiseVisionTeam

2. Send me a message here on the forum. You can send it to scifi-rem or RiseVision and let me know your twitter username.

3. I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

4. We encourage you to retweet any important messages we have, however it's not mandatory to receive your bounty.

We will share the spreadsheet of followers soon so you can make sure you are on it. There will be plenty of time to check that.

Thanks everyone.  Smiley

Join RISE in SLACK!
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:13:18 AM

Hey everyone, we need to get our Twitter account populated with interested followers. It's looking quite bleak at the moment. To receive Rise coins please:

2. Send me a message here on the forum. You can send it to scifi-rem or RiseVision and let me know your twitter username.

4. We encourage you to retweet any important messages we have, however it's not mandatory to receive your bounty.

We will share the spreadsheet of followers soon so you can make sure you are on it. There will be plenty of time to check that.

Thanks everyone.  Smiley

What is the amount of RISE that we will receive?
scifi.rem

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:35:37 AM

Thanks everyone.  Smiley

What is the amount of RISE that we will receive?
There are 200,000 RISE being set aside for Twitter bounties. We'll distribute them evenly to all followers.

Join RISE in SLACK!
Jazzycrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:47:39 AM

okay, i'm interested in twitter campaign, add me in list. Just followed and will retweet

https://twitter.com/jazzycrypt
scifi.rem

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:59:05 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 12:35:32 PM by scifi.rem

okay, i'm interested in twitter campaign, add me in list. Just followed and will retweet

https://twitter.com/jazzycrypt
Thanks. Got you added to the spreadsheet. So far we have:

@pacellidavide
@Papajager0
@jazzycrypt
@MagicBitcoinNow
@LiskUkraine
@Vasicoin888
@ImnotOctopus

Edited to add: We ask that you stay following us up until you receive your bounty. After that you can obviously do what you like, however we'll double check our spreadsheet before bounties are distributed.

Thanks everyone for the support!!  Smiley

Join RISE in SLACK!
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:27:50 PM

When is this coin launch?

I want to participate at twitter bounties, also do you have facebook bounties too?
ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:28:40 PM

I want to join at twitter bounties too https://twitter.com/ImnotOctopus

Thanks
scifi.rem

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:38:01 PM

When is this coin launch?

I want to participate at twitter bounties, also do you have facebook bounties too?
No, we decided not to run a Facebook bounty campaign  Undecided

Launch date is not set right now. If the ICO begins on time then we are looking at launching in early to mid June. That is my best guess at the moment.

I want to join at twitter bounties too https://twitter.com/ImnotOctopus

Thanks
You are now added to the sheet. Thanks for the support!

Join RISE in SLACK!
scifi.rem

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:36:17 PM

Got you added. Thanks.

Current List:

@pacellidavide
@Papajager0
@jazzycrypt
@MagicBitcoinNow
@LiskUkraine
@Vasicoin888
@ImnotOctopus
@ValentynBlazko

Join RISE in SLACK!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: