Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer monitoring software  (Read 18541 times)
fanatic26 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:27:12 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone make any recommendations on server farm monitoring software for antminers? The main ones I have found on this site so far seem to be geared more towards the home miner monitoring a small number of miners. They have too many bells and whistles that are unnecessary on a more industrial scale. I am looking for something to do basic fault monitoring on a large number of units (1000+). Is the unit running? Is it overheating? Has there been a hardware failure? I dont need altcoin mining, pool switching, profit calculators, or a fancy cluttered UI. Avalon has something very similar to what I am looking for that they call AMS (Avalon Monitoring System). It shows number of expected vs running units, has a color coded temperature diagram to zero in on heating issues quickly, and shows errors based on the RPi error codes. With all the homebrew creations out there I am hoping someone has a few suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:23:52 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone make any recommendations on server farm monitoring software for antminers? The main ones I have found on this site so far seem to be geared more towards the home miner monitoring a small number of miners. They have too many bells and whistles that are unnecessary on a more industrial scale. I am looking for something to do basic fault monitoring on a large number of units (1000+). Is the unit running? Is it overheating? Has there been a hardware failure? I dont need altcoin mining, pool switching, profit calculators, or a fancy cluttered UI. Avalon has something very similar to what I am looking for that they call AMS (Avalon Monitoring System). It shows number of expected vs running units, has a color coded temperature diagram to zero in on heating issues quickly, and shows errors based on the RPi error codes. With all the homebrew creations out there I am hoping someone has a few suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!

Did you try Minera? https://getminera.com/ Forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0
Wiki how to monitor Antminer: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Network-mining-devices

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:28:46 PM

or this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569924.0

minera, is about the best one to use for all most any miner .

just showing options. it he has no pi or is only running windows. or wants to see it on a windows/linux PC without using a browser. Smiley .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
fanatic26 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:10:38 PM

I have the Minera image downloaded and on an SD card that I plan on testing but from the screenshots and interface it looks like it has too much going on for what I need. I also couldnt find any information on people using it to monitor a large number of machines, or even a cap on the number of machines it can monitor before resources become an issue. Is there a default IP that it is on? I do not have a monitor available with HDMI so I need to be able to connect to it remotely from the start and when I booted the system on the RPi it did not capture an IP from my DHCP server.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:21:13 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 01:52:20 AM by toptek

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569924.0

try that it has remote access it shows temps has no cap on the number of machines, I'm a  ware of , can be used with out a browser remotely with ssh or you smart phone with a app with windows or lenox on a pi type pc. and a few others things is very light weight, minera is more a controller type software that works best as such atm Mich said he is adding some really nice stuff  for business like yours it will take him a month or two to write and fully test which is good because everything he has released so far has just worked he is all ways there after every new release and will  reply with in hours or with in that day if not hours  or has so far.

I use both minera and the one i linked and awesome miner.

AWESOME MINER: the only problem with it is even using it remotely the remote box has to run windows to use it, but it has a lot of nice stuff but its limited kind of to windows .
 to use how you want to which it does everything you want it to but only on a windows box atm but can be viewed any place under any OS.

http://www.awesomeminer.com/

in minera you can turn all that off if you don't need it, don't let what you see fool you .!!! all most all that stuff he shows can be turned off that's just to sell it etc or get it out there .

last one made for antminers may work with other miners is no longer being supported that's the only down side to it .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596178.0

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
fanatic26 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:24:09 AM

Thank you all for the replies.

I have tried Minera but it doesnt seem to have the features I need as of yet. I had an S7 fan die and found no warnings or notices of any kind with Minera. In the settings all I can find is scheduled restarts, nothing about active monitoring of the units.

cryptoGlance seems to not be scalable in the way I need. I cant imagine trying to monitor thousands of miners each with their own little widget open.

AwesomeMiner is just not a financially viable solution for the amount of units I have to monitor.

All seem to be quality polished products and if I was just running a couple miners at home they would both be effective solutions.

The search continues!

michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 11:58:46 AM

Thank you all for the replies.

I have tried Minera but it doesnt seem to have the features I need as of yet. I had an S7 fan die and found no warnings or notices of any kind with Minera. In the settings all I can find is scheduled restarts, nothing about active monitoring of the units.

cryptoGlance seems to not be scalable in the way I need. I cant imagine trying to monitor thousands of miners each with their own little widget open.

AwesomeMiner is just not a financially viable solution for the amount of units I have to monitor.

All seem to be quality polished products and if I was just running a couple miners at home they would both be effective solutions.

The search continues!

Can I know your needs? I'm really open to listen from someone with a lot of network miners to monitor. What would be your perfect dashboard? How do you image it? And if I can ask, what could be the budget you would pay for that?

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
fanatic26 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:28:39 AM

Apologies for the delay in my response. I wanted to give Minera a try for a while before responding to your questions. There are a number of things incorporated into Minera that I feel could be removed completely for an industrial version of the software. Local miners (cpu mining in particular has no place anymore), local pools, profitability charts, and live prices all have no use for what I do as I monitor thousands of units on a daily basis. The data im given needs to be streamlined and pertinent to my setup.

Things That do matter are(in no order):

overview of the total number of active units (including how many units per RPi for Avalons)
unit hash rates
all temperatures (antminer and avalon both have multiple temperature readings and from my testing it only shows one of the numbers on the dashboard)
error rates
last share time (to determine how long a unit has been down)
ability to adjust miner speed (chip frequency)
auto restart attempts on machines not hashing at their rated speed (needs to be adjustable based on chip frequency selected)
error rate notifications
chip failure notifications
fan failure notifications
overheating notifications
system board failure notifications
error code readouts
mass restarts
mass pool changes
mass frequency adjustment, possibly on a timer to downclock during preset times to dodge overheating problems

Also here are some issues with Minera I have found while testing:

entire sections of the dashboard grey themselves out and become noninteractive for no reason that I can find. (it is not tied to the refresh timer which I have left at 60 seconds)
The charts do not show any information, they just say no data collected (only for local miners?)
miner tab - reset miner does nothing (only for local miners?)
network error rate doesnt calculate correctly (its been telling me I have 87% network errors)
last network share reads incorrectly (at present its telling me i havent had a network share in 515707898 seconds)
network pool hashrate for what I have connected is off by about 10% vs unit and pool reporting
system temperature widget - i dont even know where it is getting this temperature reading from?

As far as pricing goes, thats a tough question to answer since there are so few complete solutions available to guage the value of software such as this. I can say the per unit pricing model that Awesome Miner uses flat out will not work. Systems are added all the time and client access licenses just wont work unless they are sold by the thousand and not individually.

patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 07:35:18 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 07:20:35 PM by patrike

As far as pricing goes, thats a tough question to answer since there are so few complete solutions available to guage the value of software such as this. I can say the per unit pricing model that Awesome Miner uses flat out will not work. Systems are added all the time and client access licenses just wont work unless they are sold by the thousand and not individually.
Hi,
Awesome Miner supports up to 5000 miners, so it's probably one of the very few options to consider for large scale mining management.

The pricing is based on the total number of miners, and a larger number of miners give a lower price per miner. So the license costs scale very well for large mining farms as well.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 2456

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:45:15 AM

Does any of these support antminer s9 ?
Go to their respective threads here and look at the 1st post for them.....  Roll Eyes

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
anselal

Activity: 74
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:50:50 PM

Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

I have developed a small web based application only for antminers, you can take a look at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
At this point the app supports Antminer L3+, S7, S9, and D3. I will add support for L3.
It should work with S3 and S5 but I need some hardware specifications for it to work. If you want you can contribute by reporting error, suggesting new features or adding your own piece of code.
If you like it consider donating !!!
anselal

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:32:36 PM

The software is open source, anyone can use it for free !!
That's why I am asking for a donation, only if you like the software
anselal

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:29:59 PM

Check out #AntminerMonitor at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
Alpenjoe

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:11:16 AM

Check out #AntminerMonitor at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
I tested this monitor: nice workso far, but do you plan to implement more functions like rebooting miner when a hashboard is failing?

anselal

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:12:54 AM

I already did implement it but didn't merge it yet. PM me for more info
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:09:13 AM

Have you added the remote reboot function? Please let the community know when you do. This is great work...thank you Smiley
anselal

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:10:39 AM

All the new features are still on testing phase. The new release will probably be available after Xmas
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:03:55 PM

Thank you. I tried running the sofware on picharm but its giving me various errors on my mac os.
anselal

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:10:32 PM

Did you install the requirements? PS At the moment only python2 is supported.
faceshifter

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

Did you install the requirements? PS At the moment only python2 is supported.

Hey, nice work.
Any update on new release? Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: