Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:56:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] G.MPOE Pass Through  (Read 5673 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:22:43 PM

I'm not sure why I've been unclear in making my point: the number of shares on a marketplace - the supply - affects the price.
Because the pass through has limited supply, the prices will be consistently higher. (And the various pass throughs has proven this historically. Consistent is the key term.)

But if you look at how the pass-through is structured, clearly the supply can be any amount up to the amount of shares of the underlying asset.

Say you buy a share of the pass-through at 1.0, and want to sell at 1.1, but why would the next guy want to buy the pass-through at 1.1? He would want the same price you got. Clearly the fair thing for the pass-through operator to do is list more shares so people can continue buying at the market rate of the underlying asset. If the price of the underlying asset rises, then he will sell shares at the higher rate, and you are free to sell your shares and take your profit as well.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

The issue is each pass through share is usually priced at a premium than the MPex rate. I buy them at a premium.

This'd seem to be more an issue of you than of the PT. Why buy at a premium? Put your bid in at 95% of MPEx price and wait for it to be filled.

Wait for it to be filled? Thats your suggestion?
Shows how much you value time and timing.

People much cleverer than you have tried to time the market, to their detriment. And I'm talking brain surgeons here. Forget about anything you think you know on the subject, I'm pretty certain it is all wrong, without exception. Start over fresh.

I'm not sure why I've been unclear in making my point: the number of shares on a marketplace - the supply - affects the price.

You've been very clear at showing you don't have a point. What you would like is for the supply to be artificially diminished so as to allow you to speculate. This is inefficient, for one, it's unwelcome, for the other, and if it were to happen it wouldn't be to the benefit of Joe Blow nobody. It'd be the operator doing himself the favor, and they'd be catching hell for it too, cause it's pretty much scammer behavior.

Go buy a Bitcoin gem or orb or something, your mind is not yet ripe for actual Bitcoin finance. This shit's not for you.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:17:11 PM

People much cleverer than you have tried to time the market, to their detriment. And I'm talking brain surgeons here. Forget about anything you think you know on the subject, I'm pretty certain it is all wrong, without exception. Start over fresh.

You are saying brain surgeons are not good at timing the market. Well - HA!

Do you truly believe that timing has no value in investing?
Or are you just ranting for the sake of ranting?

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
wisard

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:30:24 PM

You've been very clear at showing you don't have a point. What you would like is for the supply to be artificially diminished so as to allow you to speculate.

First you say I have no point. And then you inaccurately try to say what point I'm making. All in the space of 2 sentences. Again - HA!

What I would like is for the pass through operator to run the pass through in the best interest of the stake holders (which is in his long term best interest too). And not take advantage of the short term arbitrage opportunities - because they will arise due to the nature of the pass through and the 30 bitcoin fee barrier that many small time investors can't pay.

For example: I had no issues with Haverlockinvestments issuing an IPO for their Satoshi Dice pass through after an announcement - after Eric Voorhees sold some more of his shares. Thats good policy - giving people an advance notice.

If you believe that the pass through operator should run arbitrages just to maintain similar share prices on different market places - then this shits not for you.

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:51:21 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2013, 07:07:11 PM by DeaDTerra

Enough arguing,
Please take this to another thread.
The contract stand!
If you don't like it and then you could go somewhere else for your shares.
I do things as I do them, I do it in good faith with the investors best in mind if you don't trust me and think I will misuse my position then I am probably not the best choice for you!
//DeaDTerra
wisard

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:01:21 PM

Thank you.
And sorry for the mess on your thread. I won't respond to MPOE-PR or others further on this thread.

I have faith in you and believe you will do what is for the best of the investors. Thank you.

Enough arguing,
Please take this to another thread.
The contract stand!
If you don't like it and then you could go somewhere else for your shares.
I do things as I do them, I do it in good faith with the investors best in mind if you don't trust me and think I will misuse my position then I am probably not the best choice for you!
//DeaDtERRA

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:28:40 AM

Hello!
I will be going away on holiday to Italy,
From Sunday the 24th to Sunday the 3rd.
My internet access will be limited and hence it might take a while for me to answer your pms,posts and emails.
Hence be patient with me,
the best way to contact me is through email at terragubben@gmail.com
I will not be updating the ask walls during this time and any dividend might be a bit delayed,
I have placed some final ask walls and I have balanced the books so that even if all of the asks sell all shares will be backed 1:1.
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 11:21:53 AM

Because the pass through has limited supply, the prices will be consistently higher. (And the various pass throughs has proven this historically. Consistent is the key term.)

But if you look at how the pass-through is structured, clearly the supply can be any amount up to the amount of shares of the underlying asset.

Say you buy a share of the pass-through at 1.0, and want to sell at 1.1, but why would the next guy want to buy the pass-through at 1.1? He would want the same price you got. Clearly the fair thing for the pass-through operator to do is list more shares so people can continue buying at the market rate of the underlying asset. If the price of the underlying asset rises, then he will sell shares at the higher rate, and you are free to sell your shares and take your profit as well.

Because of competition - there are other passthroughs out there so if someone starts being a scummy fuck people will use one of the competitors.

MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:46:07 PM

You are saying brain surgeons are not good at timing the market. Well - HA!

Do you truly believe that timing has no value in investing?
Or are you just ranting for the sake of ranting?

I know for a fact you can't time a mature market. Since MPEx Bitcoin finance is a mature market. Ergo....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:05:37 PM

Dividend has been paid 39 Satoshis per share.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:04:45 PM

13000 share wall placed at 0.000678 per share.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:16:49 AM

Dividend paid.
//DeaDTerra
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:08:25 AM

Temporary suspension of trading for user protection ?
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:33:20 AM

S.Dice PT is also suspended. I asked Ukto about it on IRC and he said the suspension relates to site security / hacking.

<@Ukto>    PalePhoenix: lots of concerns over hackers lately

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:58:29 AM

S.Dice PT is also suspended. I asked Ukto about it on IRC and he said the suspension relates to site security / hacking.

<@Ukto>    PalePhoenix: lots of concerns over hackers lately
I am waiting a pending investigation,
once the investigation is over I will resume trading Smiley
//DeaDTerra
dirty dog

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:05:36 PM

Would it not be appropriate to write something about the suspension under "news" on bitfunder under s.dice ?
rikur

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:23:17 PM

A pass-through for Mircea Popescus Options Emporium? Please pass-through this scam bs as far away as possible from me.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:26:32 PM

A pass-through for Mircea Popescus Options Emporium? Please pass-through this scam bs as far away as possible from me.
If you are not interested in the services I am offering please get out of my threads.
I will have no trolling, FUD or witchhunting in here Smiley
//DeaDTerra
rikur

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:29:47 PM

If you are not interested in the services I am offering please get out of my threads.
//DeaDTerra

It's not trolling nor FUD. Warning people of scammers should be welcomed - unless you're one.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

//DeaDTerra

It's not trolling nor FUD. Warning people of scammers should be welcomed - unless you're one.
Please look up your facts before accusing someone of being a scammer ^^
Check my history and check my trust Tongue
I am no scammer.
If you don't want my service get out.
If you want to complain about a scam please take it in the scam accusation part of the forum.
Now please leave.
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: