Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:40:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good idea to buy Bitcoin now at $29?  (Read 10658 times)
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

Above silver and below an all time high. The perfect place to stay for a while attracting attention.

I'm also extremely short, hoping for a flash dump.
What do you mean by "extremely short", if you mean you sell bitcoins you have borrowed, then may I ask where did you borrow them?If you are saying "extremely short" by selling out almost all your bitcoins, (but still hold a little), then you are actally "long", there is nothing short. And you have parked fiat money there, you youself are already a factor that makes a down-trend hard.

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:51:01 PM

Above silver and below an all time high. The perfect place to stay for a while attracting attention.

What do you mean by "extremely short", if you mean you sell bitcoins you have borrowed, then may I ask where did you borrow them?If you are saying "extremely short" by selling out almost all your bitcoins, (but still hold a little), then you are actally "long", there is nothing short. And you have parked fiat money there, you youself are already a factor that makes a down-trend hard.

My bad, I ment shot in the not leveraged way! Besides I'm never all long or short. In stable periods I reset to 50%/50%.

So if we stay at $30 for a month or so, I buy in again and maintain my 50%/50% Dollar value ratio by selling less and less on the way up.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:09:51 PM

My bad, I ment shot in the not leveraged way! Besides I'm never all long or short. In stable periods I reset to 50%/50%.

So if we stay at $30 for a month or so, I buy in again and maintain my 50%/50% Dollar value ratio by selling less and less on the way up.

Srsly, whats the merit of fractioning one's position aka never going "all-in"?
I understand that it makes sense when you trade on margin, but other then that, whats the point?
Id really like to understand your reasoning behind it.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:14:08 PM

I understand that it makes sense when you trade on margin, but other then that, whats the point?

If you have 100% bitcoins, and there is found a hole in the code which makes bitcoin worthless, then you are left with nothing. If you have 100% USD, and the fed prints a gazillion dollars overnight and everybody switches to bitcoin before you wake up, you miss the rocket and are left with nothing. Therefore, it makes sense to have some percent in each currency to lower the overall risk.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:25:32 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2013, 10:49:07 PM by Luno

If you have 100% bitcoins, and there is found a hole in the code which makes bitcoin worthless, then you are left with nothing. If you have 100% USD, and the fed prints a gazillion dollars overnight and everybody switches to bitcoin before you wake up, you miss the rocket and are left with nothing. Therefore, it makes sense to have some percent in each currency to lower the overall risk.

It's method that doesn't cost you more than half your money in the event of the crash out of the blue that ends Bitcoin. At the same time I'm sure that I'll get half of the value of the future all time high on my long position.

In a bear market I buy for 50% of my funds or more in the bottom of crashes and sell when the bounce back rolls off, thats where I make all of it worth while big time.

So the bulls would be laughing that Iv'e only made a doubling since $7, but I've had almost zero risk and any black swans or extreme rallies are only good news to me! ( I missed Pirates crash on the 8'th of August, sadly or I would be up 3-400% instead)

I don't either need to care about what is going to happen to Bitcoin or speculate which way it goes. It's a lot less stress full. I do however, have a live ticker on my person 24/7.

If more people traded like this, price wouldn't move much, so thanks for your recklesness.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 08:17:33 AM

It's method that doesn't cost you more than half your money in the event of the crash out of the blue that ends Bitcoin. At the same time I'm sure that I'll get half of the value of the future all time high on my long position.

In a bear market I buy for 50% of my funds or more in the bottom of crashes and sell when the bounce back rolls off, thats where I make all of it worth while big time.

So the bulls would be laughing that Iv'e only made a doubling since $7, but I've had almost zero risk and any black swans or extreme rallies are only good news to me! ( I missed Pirates crash on the 8'th of August, sadly or I would be up 3-400% instead)

I don't either need to care about what is going to happen to Bitcoin or speculate which way it goes. It's a lot less stress full. I do however, have a live ticker on my person 24/7.

If more people traded like this, price wouldn't move much, so thanks for your recklesness.

You could just buy put options.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:19:06 PM

Alright, back from the weekend and ready to watch the correction intensify.

Welcome back.

I have important question. Did we seen top for this year?

Probably.  Hard to imagine buying past the recent 2013 high.  We're very likely in correction territory.  Probably just need one more large player to made the change definitive, and then we'll see the herd race each other to the door.  We could still very easily see single digits as downward momentum builds.

Whoops, new high again.  Grin
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:50:10 PM

Lol bears. Read'em and weep!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:24:04 PM

Made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZ-pLUb9L8

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:14:00 AM

Alright, back from the weekend and ready to watch the correction intensify.

Welcome back.

I have important question. Did we seen top for this year?

Probably.  Hard to imagine buying past the recent 2013 high.  We're very likely in correction territory.  Probably just need one more large player to made the change definitive, and then we'll see the herd race each other to the door.  We could still very easily see single digits as downward momentum builds.

Hey! proudhon removed his "I predict single digits in 2013" tagline.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:32:26 AM

Hey! proudhon removed his "I predict single digits in 2013" tagline.

ok, NOW I sell..

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:52:57 AM

It is still a good idea to buy now - the rally is hardly over. There will be small corrections, but most people accept a state of "permanent rally" now and will purchase BTC when the price gets any bit lower.

poly | My Tip Jar
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:31:11 PM

It is still a good idea to buy now - the rally is hardly over. There will be small corrections, but most people accept a state of "permanent rally" now and will purchase BTC when the price gets any bit lower.

I'd hesitate to say "buy now". That's a knee-jerk response. Devise a strategy and stick with it. Assigning a small portion of income to purchasing bitcoins is one of the smarter ideas though more complex ones are certainly feasible.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:56:02 PM

Just thought I'd drop this here for chuckles  Grin
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:02:24 PM

Just thought I'd drop this here for chuckles  Grin

Yeah, $29 was pretty good idea. $36 will be looking the same in few days.  Tongue
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:04:21 PM

Remember that statement when we hit single digits again.

I'm afraid most people here won't be able to recall this statement - senile dementia would kick in by then.

i am satoshi
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:54:45 PM

We will see.

I still don't trust the market, and am staying primarily in USD.

That said, I flipped some ripples (xrp) I got for free into BTC, so I can still benifit from the rally without exposing myself to very much risk if there is a crash.

Either way, I win. If there is a crash, I manage to preserve the profit I locked in off of my initial investment and can buy back in cheap; If the price continues to rise, I still profit with little risk.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:10:50 PM

if you believe you will seriously profit from 1BTC investment (xrp) then you are much stronger bull than any of us here... Wink

i am satoshi
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:16:21 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2013, 10:16:10 PM by evolve

I only put play money in btc, basically I look at it as gambling. I only have a few hundred bucks in the system total, so "serious profit" is a relative term. I would never risk my retirement or savings to the BTC market.

My main (real) investments are in stocks, which is still fairly risky, but less so than BTC Imo.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:23:11 PM

So the bulls would be laughing that Iv'e only made a doubling since $7, but I've had almost zero risk and any black swans or extreme rallies are only good news to me!
This is something not many people understand. It's pointless to try to "beat the market" unless you are willing to gamble without any risk management.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: