Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:53:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Government agents shooting at targets with picture of Pregnant American Woman  (Read 3785 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:59:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDGe_Pq60z4

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:03:24 PM

But really, children?  Why not a dog with a rifle strapped to his back?  This is highly unsettling, to be mild.

420 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:16:33 PM

But really, children?  Why not a dog with a rifle strapped to his back?  This is highly unsettling, to be mild.

I don't think in gonna stand for this if the story is true. This is how they teach militarized gestapo citizens to shoot their own countrymen

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:16:39 PM

Desensitization. Law enforcement across the USSA is being militarized, this is just an extension of that process. If and when there is open rebellion against the tyrannical stench emanating from most goobermint buildings this kind of "training" will pay off in spades.

I don't think in gonna stand for this if the story is true. This is how they teach militarized gestapo citizens to shoot their own countrymen

Homeland security isn't ordering up enough ammo to repeatedly shoot every man, woman, and child in America because they're about to deploy these empty headed toolbags to murder more people in other countries or more Americans abroad. Even sheeple have their limits, when the welfare checks stop going out there will be rebellion.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

So, they have the drones.  They're training law enforcement to easily turn on their own people.  They're sociopathic lunatics.

Guess they're just waiting for someone else to make the first move.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 10:39:36 PM

Got annoyed with the stupid patriotic ranting a couple of minutes into the video but I got the message, while this kind of psychological training is used all the time it is a scary idea that they're being trained to get used to shooting regular people but to me this is also seems a bit manipulative because the whole gun debate much like with a lot of things that provoke Americans easily has far too much propaganda on either side to come to a sane conclusion really.

I can't speak for the police or the army obviously but from what I know the usual reasoning behind this kind of training is to make it so that the officers are put under lots of psychological pressure as if they were in a real situation so that if the real thing does happen in front of them they know how to deal with it. We do a similar sort of thing with the karate training I do where we properly attack someone so they can feel what it's like to have someone come at them and they know if their techniques will work. Still don't know why the fuck they would ever need to shoot at targets of children and women though.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:47:58 PM

Looks like civil war's a-comin.  They'll arm cops and soldiers to the teeth, but the citizen?  No, he can't resist.  We can't have resistance.

creativex

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:56:12 PM

There is no gun debate. There are those that believe in the Constitution and those that do not. The Constitution says I can keep and bear arms. It's very simple and unambiguous. It's governments that make it complicated by defying or circumventing the highest law of the land rather than attempting to change it.

The reasons they're shooting at targets of women and children is painfully obvious. Most people will hesitate before killing a pregnant woman or child. This instinctive hesitation is clearly being seen as a problem, just as instinctive hesitation among active duty combat troops is seen as a problem.

So the real question is...why are our public SERVANTS being militarized?

dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:06:50 PM

Fantastic
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:08:43 PM

Maybe Hitler can better explain what's going on... Tongue

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:10:49 PM

Obama has put the Department of Homeland Security in the hands of a really disturbing cabal of obese, self-loathing communistic ultra-feminist lesbians.  Knowing this group, passive-aggressive targeting of "breeders" and children is pretty much right up their alley.

DHS was, of course, the agency created by Bush in order to consolidate intelligence oversight in the hands of the Zionist neo-cons who perpetrated 9/11.

It also includes the security theater troupe who grope you at the airport, while still letting guns and explosives through.

So it's basically a fun house of myriad lunatics at this point.  And I'm sure they will all be working together to suppress internal dissent during the ongoing, contrived economic implosion.  Based on their ideologies, psychoses, public statements and past actions, odds are this will include direct attacks on US Citizens as well.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:17:48 PM

see:
How much more evidence do you need? DHS trains to shoot pregnant women, old men, children with guns (see photos)
http://www.naturalnews.com/039177_gun_range_targets_pregnant_women_Homeland_Security.html

Company Behind Shooting Targets of Children Received $2 Million From DHS
http://www.infowars.com/company-behind-shooting-targets-of-children-received-2-million-from-dhs/

Brennan Refuses to Rule Out Drone Assassinations Within the US
http://uruknet.info/?p=m95353&hd=&size=1&l=e

Nancy Pelosi: Obama Can Execute Americans in Secret
http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/02/19/nancy-pelosi-obama-can-execute-americans-in-secret/

U.S. Air Force developing terrifying swarms of tiny unmanned drones that can hover, crawl and even kill targets
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281403/U-S-Air-Force-developing-terrifying-swarms-tiny-unmanned-drones-hover-crawl-kill-targets.html

Influential study published by an Israeli academic at America’s top military school seeks to brainwash future military leaders into believing those who advocate small government, individual sovereignty, freedom and liberty are the enemy
http://americanfreepress.net/?p=8607

WASHINGTON BILL REQUIRES YEARLY INSPECTIONS OF GUN OWNERS’ HOMES
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fromthetrenchesworldreport/WQjf/~3/rB2YhGlgAzo/

NDAA: PRE-EMPTIVE PROSECUTION COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU
http://www.blacklistednews.com/NDAA%3A_Pre-emptive_prosecution_coming_to_a_town_near_you_/24346/0/38/38/Y/M.html

420 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:08:36 AM

Got annoyed with the stupid patriotic ranting a couple of minutes into the video but I got the message, while this kind of psychological training is used all the time it is a scary idea that they're being trained to get used to shooting regular people but to me this is also seems a bit manipulative because the whole gun debate much like with a lot of things that provoke Americans easily has far too much propaganda on either side to come to a sane conclusion really.

I can't speak for the police or the army obviously but from what I know the usual reasoning behind this kind of training is to make it so that the officers are put under lots of psychological pressure as if they were in a real situation so that if the real thing does happen in front of them they know how to deal with it. We do a similar sort of thing with the karate training I do where we properly attack someone so they can feel what it's like to have someone come at them and they know if their techniques will work. Still don't know why the fuck they would ever need to shoot at targets of children and women though.

propaganda. It is utterly ridiculous to think they'd be needing to shoot at a pregnant woman or a woman with two kids next to her IN THE PRIVACY OF A PERSONAL HOME, more than once in a million years. They're more likely to encounter and have to shoot bears or crocodiles.

The only reasoning we have is under an economic collapse or tyranny and certain people are either going to be forced to do something; most likely give up their guns, or people will be on a list targeted to be assassinated or captured. You can search red/blue list with officer mclamb, see if you believe that...

A woman often would only be shooting an officer because they're man of the house directed them to. "Hunny protect yourself from anyone who tries to enter this house or threaten the family, the cops are correupt, government is corrupt and they're trying to make us slaves (tyranny, fema camps...)"

other reasons would be rare including:

1. Insanity
2. Extreme hatred for police officers
3. I don't even know if there's any other reasons

It's probably a lot more likely these people will be holding TOY guns than real ones. Knowing that; how is it less than reckless to teach anyone to shoot at these kind of targets?!

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:16:32 AM

Obama has put the Department of Homeland Security in the hands of a really disturbing cabal of obese, self-loathing communistic ultra-feminist lesbians.  Knowing this group, passive-aggressive targeting of "breeders" and children is pretty much right up their alley.

DHS was, of course, the agency created by Bush in order to consolidate intelligence oversight in the hands of the Zionist neo-cons who perpetrated 9/11.

It also includes the security theater troupe who grope you at the airport, while still letting guns and explosives through.

So it's basically a fun house of myriad lunatics at this point.  And I'm sure they will all be working together to suppress internal dissent during the ongoing, contrived economic implosion.  Based on their ideologies, psychoses, public statements and past actions, odds are this will include direct attacks on US Citizens as well.

Everything's going as planned. Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlq9e8zlPE

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 10:12:30 AM

Obama has put the Department of Homeland Security in the hands of a really disturbing cabal of obese, self-loathing communistic ultra-feminist lesbians.  Knowing this group, passive-aggressive targeting of "breeders" and children is pretty much right up their alley.

What about the incredibly stupid, racist and fear mongering right wing Christians that are among them and think it's okay to beat children or send them off to fight in wars for no good reason? I hate them all, particularly the ones that assume I must be on the opposite side because I disagree with them and they don't know any other political ideologies the stupid pricks.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:45:41 AM

Obama has put the Department of Homeland Security in the hands of a really disturbing cabal of obese, self-loathing communistic ultra-feminist lesbians.  Knowing this group, passive-aggressive targeting of "breeders" and children is pretty much right up their alley.

What about the incredibly stupid, racist and fear mongering right wing Christians that are among them and think it's okay to beat children or send them off to fight in wars for no good reason? I hate them all, particularly the ones that assume I must be on the opposite side because I disagree with them and they don't know any other political ideologies the stupid pricks.

That's the Pentagon, not the Department of Homeland Security.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
420 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:20:49 AM

so who is doing something about this?

Rothgar

Activity: 374

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 09:01:35 PM

so who is doing something about this?

Bingo!!

New Hampshire is trying.  Let's hope it's not too little too late. 

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2013/HB0399.html

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
creativex

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:45:00 PM

Love what's going on in the state houses of Utah and New Hampshire.

From the above link:

The Judicial Branch states the bill establishes a class A misdemeanor for any public officer, employee, or agent of the state of New Hampshire, or any employee of a corporation providing services to the state of New Hampshire, who enforces or attempts to enforce sections 1021 or 1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:46:55 PM

When I do training I shoot at pictures of beauracrats.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:50:50 PM

Looks like civil war's a-comin.  They'll arm cops and soldiers to the teeth, but the citizen?  No, he can't resist.  We can't have resistance.

The idea that at this stage a few citizens armed with pea shooters can be effective against the US war machine is a bit ridiculous. Although a few guys in caves seem to be going ok  Smiley

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:33:37 PM

This is sick. But they do have to train to resist the instinct to hesitate. I mean, I've seen people (maybe civilian citizens) train with uniformed targets, so they don't hesitate when it's the other way around.

I mean, no matter who it is, if they are pointing a gun at you, you have got every right to stop that threat. It goes both ways.

creativex

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:45:02 PM

This is sick. But they do have to train to resist the instinct to hesitate. I mean, I've seen people (maybe civilian citizens) train with uniformed targets, so they don't hesitate when it's the other way around.

I mean, no matter who it is, if they are pointing a gun at you, you have got every right to stop that threat. It goes both ways.

They don't actually, cops are too trigger happy already as evidenced by the kids being murdered for wielding toy guns made out of bright orange plastic. The odds of a very ripe pregnant woman threatening officers' lives whilst conducting a crime that justifies the use of deadly force is so remote that there's no need to train for this eventuality. The consequences of this training are very negative public relations resulting in a justifiable loss of trust among the populace further endangering public servants and further psychological issues for those under going this unnecessary de-sensitivity training. These are primarily family men with wives and children of their own, how does unnecessary training such as this effect them in everyday interactions? We all know the psychological profile of the average law enforcement recruit isn't the most stable of starting points.

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:41:29 PM

Trust me, I'm no fan of ANY American bureaucracy (especially the police). But, perhaps the pregnant woman was a target to teach how to shoot a [possibly fatal] shot and not injure the baby in the womb.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 07:44:45 PM

Trust me, I'm no fan of ANY American bureaucracy (especially the police). But, perhaps the pregnant woman was a target to teach how to shoot a [possibly fatal] shot and not injure the baby in the womb.

Right, because killing the mother doesn't harm an unborn child.  Roll Eyes

No, there can be only one reason to have targets of pregnant women: desensitization.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 08:55:33 PM

Yes, because cops are also medical doctors with a full Caesarean tray and premature birth life support to get the baby out alive immediately after shooting the mother in the head.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:25:11 PM

Are they getting Lon Horiuchi in to do the training?

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 11:06:11 PM

If you can't carry it by yourself, it's not an arm, and not covered, as the Constitution codifies an individual right.

The only way this is debatable is if you allow fallacies in your debate. Criminal safety advocates do, the rest of us should not.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
420 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:48:26 AM

If you can't carry it by yourself, it's not an arm, and not covered, as the Constitution codifies an individual right.

The only way this is debatable is if you allow fallacies in your debate. Criminal safety advocates do, the rest of us should not.

yeah most people dont know the 1779 definition of 'arm'

would be a good thing to teach 2nd amendment advocates and naysayers

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:38:35 AM

Arms are not defined. But there are definitions for "small arms", meaning man portable or not crew served. If you happen to be like Rambo or the Terminator and can carry a mini-gun or gatling gun all by yourself, that should technically be allowed as small arms.

Also, in the revolution, the army (both sides) used cannons that were privately owned. Cannons are basically big black powder breech loaded guns. Artillery is the modern version.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:08:13 AM

But really, children?  Why not a dog with a rifle strapped to his back?  This is highly unsettling, to be mild.
I recently practiced shooting to printed pictures of cops and political leaders as targets. Much more fun than shooting at empty beer cans. But FAL rifle have too much kick in full auto to reasonably hit something at a distance. I hope this makes things right again. The shooting of kids and pregnant women is not good, unless she works for government.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
fwho

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:28:43 AM

I love conversations like this, especially when they include these comments that make me laugh so hard my side splits.

Anyways, there seems to be this mass confusion that Soldiers, Police, etc are all just brainless sheep that are going to follow any and all orders handed down to them no matter how extreme they are. Here is a crazy thought, they are people with the ability to think just like the rest of you (some seemingly a little better...). In fact, the only Soldiers I have ever met that would be willing to take anyone's gun are the worthless turds who are not very good Soldiers. So if you seriously believe you are going to have to fight the "war machine", you are probably being a little more extreme than those child abusing, war mongering Christians.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:20:42 AM

I love conversations like this, especially when they include these comments that make me laugh so hard my side splits.

Anyways, there seems to be this mass confusion that Soldiers, Police, etc are all just brainless sheep that are going to follow any and all orders handed down to them no matter how extreme they are. Here is a crazy thought, they are people with the ability to think just like the rest of you (some seemingly a little better...). In fact, the only Soldiers I have ever met that would be willing to take anyone's gun are the worthless turds who are not very good Soldiers. So if you seriously believe you are going to have to fight the "war machine", you are probably being a little more extreme than those child abusing, war mongering Christians.

When the news says something about American soldiers putting down their weapons and refusing to follow their commander's orders because they felt what they were doing was wrong, I'll agree with you Tongue  I'm sure its happened at some point in time, just, not a whole lot, or not for very long.  But the trend seems to be, do what you're told or else you're a traitor, and though soldiers do have conscious, they're not given much room to think outside the box.  I'd be scared to, personally.  They kick your ass in the military until you see things their way.

creativex

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:34:57 AM

Episodes like law enforcement running around confiscating firearms in open defiance of the Constitution during Katrina doesn't exactly instill much confidence. Here's a group of premusably pro 2nd amendment citizens with badges that have no problem taking the 2nd amendment rights from other citizens when they're so ordered. This is an example of following orders without applying common sense.

fwho

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:38:36 AM

When the news says something about American soldiers putting down their weapons and refusing to follow their commander's orders because they felt what they were doing was wrong, I'll agree with you Tongue  I'm sure its happened at some point in time, just, not a whole lot, or not for very long.  But the trend seems to be, do what you're told or else you're a traitor, and though soldiers do have conscious, they're not given much room to think outside the box.  I'd be scared to, personally.  They kick your ass in the military until you see things their way.

Actually, it has happened a lot. In fact, I was shocked at the amount of people who were simply discharged for going AWOL over the past decade. No prison time, no "traitor" status, just released. And again, your post shows more blindness to what would actually happen if the government decided to start slaying citizens. The commanders would be among the first to say "not happening". For example, listen to the open opposition from high ranking Marine commanders when Dont Ask, Dont Tell was repealed to allow gays to serve openly. I think the quote was something along the lines of "That is not happening in my Corp!" And you think they are going to just say, ah alright, well kill off a few thousand citizens who decide to stand up for the same Constitution that we are sworn to defend. Comon!
fwho

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:42:59 AM

Episodes like law enforcement running around confiscating firearms in open defiance of the Constitution during Katrina doesn't exactly instill much confidence. Here's a group of premusably pro 2nd amendment citizens with badges that have no problem taking the 2nd amendment rights from other citizens when they're so ordered. This is an example of following orders without applying common sense.

You also seem to forget about the fact that there was so much rioting and chaos, even among Police, that martial law was issued and the military DID take over. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. There was so much devastation and destruction, people going crazy and doing whatever they wanted, they probably felt that was the only way to maintain safety. Was the right answer, probably not. But when your facing non-stop looting and just about every other crime.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:48:35 AM

Actually, it has happened a lot. In fact, I was shocked at the amount of people who were simply discharged for going AWOL over the past decade. No prison time, no "traitor" status, just released. And again, your post shows more blindness to what would actually happen if the government decided to start slaying citizens. The commanders would be among the first to say "not happening". For example, listen to the open opposition from high ranking Marine commanders when Dont Ask, Dont Tell was repealed to allow gays to serve openly. I think the quote was something along the lines of "That is not happening in my Corp!" And you think they are going to just say, ah alright, well kill off a few thousand citizens who decide to stand up for the same Constitution that we are sworn to defend. Comon!

Hrm, I dunno if I'd trust a fellow who was openly against Don't Ask, Don't Tell being revoked.  But I suppose there are different reasons; getting more and more people into the military is a common theme lately, despite the military being already bloated beyond belief, and I smell another draft in the works.  Can you link me a few sources for commanders actively refusing to follow certain orders?  I know the military hasn't always been the best in the past ten years (there was a post recently about a member seeking donations for his brother's squad who wasn't even receiving the basic necessities required to do their job, let alone survive comfortably), but people change when times are desperate.  If there is an uprising, I would hope the military would remember who their true commanders are, and it isn't the guys in suits at D.C., but money's never failed before.  I have faith in humanity, but not that much; history has a strange way of repeating itself.  The Germans can attest to killing their own kind, including the handicapped and deformed, and if they could do it under certain circumstances, I wouldn't rule it out completely.

creativex

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:53:49 AM

You also seem to forget about the fact that there was so much rioting and chaos, even among Police, that martial law was issued and the military DID take over. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. There was so much devastation and destruction, people going crazy and doing whatever they wanted, they probably felt that was the only way to maintain safety. Was the right answer, probably not. But when your facing non-stop looting and just about every other crime.

Umm...you're damaging your own argument. Don't you think that if the military was ordered to put down a "rebellion" that the "rebels" would be labelled domestic terrorists first? If simply saying a US citizen is a domestic terrorist or that martial law is declared and therefore Constitutional rights are null and void then there are no Constitutional rights to nullify. If there's looting and chaos then how does going door to door to take away each citizens right and ability to defend themselves solve the problem? Would YOU follow that order if you were put in that position?

fwho

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:08:20 AM

Hrm, I dunno if I'd trust a fellow who was openly against Don't Ask, Don't Tell being revoked.  But I suppose there are different reasons; getting more and more people into the military is a common theme lately, despite the military being already bloated beyond belief, and I smell another draft in the works.  Can you link me a few sources for commanders actively refusing to follow certain orders?  I know the military hasn't always been the best in the past ten years (there was a post recently about a member seeking donations for his brother's squad who wasn't even receiving the basic necessities required to do their job, let alone survive comfortably), but people change when times are desperate.  If there is an uprising, I would hope the military would remember who their true commanders are, and it isn't the guys in suits at D.C., but money's never failed before.  I have faith in humanity, but not that much; history has a strange way of repeating itself.  The Germans can attest to killing their own kind, including the handicapped and deformed, and if they could do it under certain circumstances, I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Dont Ask, Dont Tell is a whole other subject, but it goes far beyond the black and white "we dont like them because they dont think like us". Such as the fact that one gay guy, like it or not, can bring down an entire units moral and create discomfort. Especially when you consider that there might be 100+ guys who shit and shower in open right next to their buddy, and then go sleep on a cot 6" away from him. And you shouldnt rule it out completely. There are those who would conform for any number of reasons. Maybe they believe in the cause, maybe they are worried about their families well being, or maintaining that income. Maybe they are near retirement and dont want to risk the pension. But rest assured, those who would allow this insanity to happen are far outnumbered by those who wouldnt.

Umm...you're damaging your own argument. Don't you think that if the military was ordered to put down a "rebellion" that the "rebels" would be labelled domestic terrorists first? If simply saying a US citizen is a domestic terrorist or that martial law is declared and therefore Constitutional rights are null and void then there are no Constitutional rights to nullify. If there's looting and chaos then how does going door to door to take away each citizens right and ability to defend themselves solve the problem? Would YOU follow that order if you were put in that position?

I dont feel I am damaging it at all. There is a vast difference is saying "they are a terrorist, get'em" and someone who is raping, pillaging, and destroying. Your circling right back to that lost sheep misconception. Lets say one of these back woods militias decided to start blowing shit up, and a Guard unit was sent to take them out. Would they? Well if they are blowing shit up, killing people, and hurting Americans, then yeah. If that militia was just popping off rounds in the woods talking big shit about how they are going to overthrow the Government, dont count on it.

As for them rounding up the weapons, I actually never heard of it before. I know quite a few people who were on that detail, and none of them ever mentioned anything about it. Quite a few have talked about detaining police and other things, but never taking weapons from citizens.
creativex

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:14:50 AM

Do some research then, there's plenty of information available about what happened in New Orleans. The confiscations were door to door. Riots and looting are no justification at all for this behavior. These were orders that should not have been followed, but were and while I'm certainly not saying regular troops would just open fire on a civilian population in a US city because Colonel blahblah told them to, I'm also not convinced those orders would be ignored by all.

BTW militias were the backbone of the Continental army, though the word has now come to be derogatory. Wonder how.

fwho

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:39:42 AM

Do some research then, there's plenty of information available about what happened in New Orleans. The confiscations were door to door. Riots and looting are no justification at all for this behavior. These were orders that should not have been followed, but were and while I'm certainly not saying regular troops would just open fire on a civilian population in a US city because Colonel blahblah told them to, I'm also not convinced those orders would be ignored by all.

BTW militias were the backbone of the Continental army, though the word has now come to be derogatory. Wonder how.

'"Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns,” New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass declared'
First off, NOPD is historically one of the most corrupt police forces to have ever existed. Second, Im not going to try and pretend like it is not a tactic for the military to round up weapons. Less bullets = less people to shoot at you, less chance for the bad guys to get them, less resistance, and all kinds of other fun things. Im not saying it was right, or that it should have happened, but there is still a pretty big difference between one instance of mass chaos and crime, and just saying hey, were going to take these now. Or, eh I think I will be President for Life / Dictator for Life / whatever for life - we better squish anyone who says otherwise. And I already said there would be those that did follow orders. Im not trying to say that absolutely no one will allow it to happen.

Aside from all that, I need no lesson in militias (past or present). Though, you are probably the same person who complains about mercenary groups / militias like Blackwater (Xe), huh?

Anyways, feel free to keep connecting those crazy dots and pointing fingers at all the "extremists", Ill be in the background laughing some more.
creativex

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:43:51 AM

'"Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns,” New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass declared'
First off, NOPD is historically one of the most corrupt police forces to have ever existed. Second, Im not going to try and pretend like it is not a tactic for the military to round up weapons. Less bullets = less people to shoot at you, less chance for the bad guys to get them, less resistance, and all kinds of other fun things. Im not saying it was right, or that it should have happened, but there is still a pretty big difference between one instance of mass chaos and crime, and just saying hey, were going to take these now. Or, eh I think I will be President for Life / Dictator for Life / whatever for life - we better squish anyone who says otherwise. And I already said there would be those that did follow orders. Im not trying to say that absolutely no one will allow it to happen.

Aside from all that, I need no lesson in militias (past or present). Though, you are probably the same person who complains about mercenary groups / militias like Blackwater (Xe), huh?

Anyways, feel free to keep connecting those crazy dots and pointing fingers at all the "extremists", Ill be in the background laughing some more.

Oh brother. Guess that concludes the reasonable section of the conversation. How'z the unicorn fart powered car working out for you?

Guess this kind of thing could never happen in a city with a highly trained and Constitutionally accountable police force eh? Like LA or NY? Roll Eyes

fwho

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:08:42 AM

Im not sure if I am translating that right or not, but I think your calling me a liberal. If so, I have to admit, that is one hell of a funny way to do it. Seriously!
Im not, in fact I am quite the opposite, but it is still funny.

You are still listing the most corrupt police forces in the US though. When CJ students study police corruption and abuse, they study NOPD and LAPD. NYPD is not often far behind. There are even movies about it, like Serpico.
creativex

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:20:06 AM

You are still listing the most corrupt police forces in the US though. When CJ students study police corruption and abuse, they study NOPD and LAPD. NYPD is not often far behind. There are even movies about it, like Serpico.

That was the point...Serpico. Wink Your sarcasm detector needs a new battery.

You're mistaken if you think it was police corruption that was behind the fail. Guardsmen are deployed by each state's executive and they were also involved. This was 2005 btw, and the can of subverting the highest law of the land has been kicked quite a piece down the road since.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: