Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:37:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:36:06 PM

Considering some reasons, I think bitcoin would still be popular even if it have a stable price but not as popular as it is today. I said that since many of us use bitcoin to earn more money and if it had a stable price, bitcoin holding will be out of the option to earn money and this method to earn money was the most commonly used by whales so I think it wouldn't be as popular as it is today if it had a stable price.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatima zuhra

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:46:40 PM

to me if the price of bitcoin is becoming stable then the popularity of bitcoin will increase and then more and more people will invest their money in bitcoin for the purpose of trading or just for transferring money from one place to another.
PinkLlama (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:48:45 PM

i would use it, but not as much. i think it would be a bit more used in general purposes in that case.

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:58:57 PM

to me if the price of bitcoin is becoming stable then the popularity of bitcoin will increase and then more and more people will invest their money in bitcoin for the purpose of trading or just for transferring money from one place to another.
Same for me as well because i love bitcoin more if it attains a more stable price because it would allow us to manage of coins well and i do believe many peoples will like the same.Bitcoin popularity is not because of its volatile features but because of its other unique features which will stay the same even if bitcoin is more stable.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:01:56 AM

Same for me as well because i love bitcoin more if it attains a more stable price because it would allow us to manage of coins well and i do believe many peoples will like the same.Bitcoin popularity is not because of its volatile features but because of its other unique features which will stay the same even if bitcoin is more stable.
Yeah, could be true, smart people sees the unique features as the asset of bitcoin why it is popular now but majority of the people sees only the price, they are amaze that a certain coins is so valuable so they also take a ride hoping they can have success by investing.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:03:31 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Of course it would not be as popular because most of the Bitcoin users make use of it because they want to make money and use it as an investment.
If the Bitcoin was stable then it would not be possible so it would not be as popular.

You are wrong. Bitcoin is unique to other currencies so it's impossible it will not be popular even with a stable price. And besides it will be more adopted by those merchants since no need to worry about the price fluctuations.

Profit is just a bonus while using bitcoin as an investment.
Profit is what drives a lot of people to get involved with bitcoin and invest in it, and that's part of the reason why the value is so high. Once more "average" people start to get invested in it, you'll see the value less reliant on big investors and more reliant on the average person. For now, we use the investors to keep everything moving.

I know that. The point here is popularity.

Yes because bitcoin price is quiet interesting, it really gives a popularity in the digital world. But you know even it's not, bitcoin will still be popular too since it will introduce in the other way. Although it will take time before it reached the massive popularity still it will happen as time goes by.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:10:31 AM

You have a point though that bitcoin would be still popular because of its features not only  its   volatility  but  i could assume that  its popularity would  be less compared  on bitcoin it was before because  most of  bitcoin users are do traders and   big investors  and they dont  like   having stable   price on bitcoin and  they would  move into another.

Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:41:58 AM

If bitcoin had a stable price then it would probably be the same popular or even more popular. Having a stable price attracts a different kind of people more like business owners instead of major investors cause businesses like stable prices when handling in that currency.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 11:22:47 AM

Well the last few weeks the price has been stable but the popularity has not decreased even a bit Cool

Its not the price that matters. People like the advantages offered by bitcoin and prefer to use it. That is why it is so popular and not that people just trade on it because of its price. Trading is one factor but not the only factor.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:24:52 AM

The price were one of the big reasons that made big farmers invest into bitcoin, they are interested into make profit as the most people around bitcoin, but a stable price would be 1000 dollar or less because those value will be reaching again.
Narosya

Activity: 428

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:55:39 AM

The price were one of the big reasons that made big farmers invest into bitcoin, they are interested into make profit as the most people around bitcoin, but a stable price would be 1000 dollar or less because those value will be reaching again.

That's for sure. The main thing that attracts all (or almost all) in Bitcoin - a rise in its price. And if it stops the growth of Bitcoin will lose its popularity and uniqueness
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:46:57 PM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would probably be just as popular or even more popular. I think this is the case because when its stable it will me attractive for businesses aswell which will reap in more and more people so some investors leave some join.
Even the bitcoin price is not that stable it always be a popular you way back 2015 when the price of bitcoin is so much cheaper than the price right now if you compare the price before in to the present one you will see the big difference in the price and you will encourage to use bitcoin as well investors are still using bitcoin whenever it is low
HilbillyFred

Activity: 298

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:16:00 PM

i would use it, but not as much. i think it would be a bit more used in general purposes in that case.
I do not think that bitcoin would be as popular as it is today because of the fact that the Bitcoin is not stable and people use it as an investment.
If you could only use it as an currency then people would not bother with it is what I think.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:32:52 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Bitcoin would never be as popular because the fact is that most people use it as an investment and not as a currency.
If the price was only stable then it would never be as popular as it is right now.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:39:46 PM

Bitcoin would be still popular even it had a stable price. It will be used for transactions as transaction fees is very low.It has given opportunities to people of all sects to earn. It is a digital currency which can be used for buying products without giving our personal information.It will be popular for decades i hope so.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:40:05 PM

And what about the people who invest for trading bitcoins itself? There are thousands of people who invest their money in bitcoin just to get profits with it by trading it as it fluctuates, so if the price was stable there wouldn't have been so many people doing that right now.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:50:25 PM

And what about the people who invest for trading bitcoins itself? There are thousands of people who invest their money in bitcoin just to get profits with it by trading it as it fluctuates, so if the price was stable there wouldn't have been so many people doing that right now.
Yeah bitcoin is always depends in demand and supply if bitcoin will be stable some people here in our forum and other are will stop holding it for a long time ..  and i think if it will happen i am sure that its associated with government..
exscudo

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

Nextgen Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 06:25:17 PM

If it is more stable, other people - not speculators - will buy btc. These are long-term investors. And the speculators who are trading it now just move on to other cybercurrencies, with much more volatility.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:41:50 PM

If it is more stable, other people - not speculators - will buy btc. These are long-term investors. And the speculators who are trading it now just move on to other cybercurrencies, with much more volatility.

Why not speculators??? Even it is still a stable currency, but there are still lots of investors getting involved in this and investing more and more, thus running the markets and giving it the volume it needs to remain at its place... Though they won't make anything big in their short term, but they will make at least something which is better than nothing when it is about bitcoins...

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:43:56 PM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would probably be just as popular or even more popular. I think this is the case because when its stable it will me attractive for businesses aswell which will reap in more and more people so some investors leave some join.
Even the bitcoin price is not that stable it always be a popular you way back 2015 when the price of bitcoin is so much cheaper than the price right now if you compare the price before in to the present one you will see the big difference in the price and you will encourage to use bitcoin as well investors are still using bitcoin whenever it is low
Not really sure about that's if the price of bitcoin stable its depends how many store will adopt bitcoin and if not much of course many investor will leave bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: