Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171703 times)
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 781

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:46:12 AM

Clearly, bitcoin would not be as popular if it is not that stable. If we look at the status of bitcoin now a days, it shows a progressive trend which attracts more people to be part in bitcoin. In line with this people are becoming more aware of cryptocurrency as a matter of fact here in my country philippines it is now beginning to be well known through social medias and broadcasting companies.
Yes volatility is the thing that attracts people toward It and if there will be stability in its prices there will be no one who will use it and more of it bitcoin main profit depends on the prices and if prices goes down people buy it for sake of profit and as prices goes up then people use it for the sake of profit making so if prices become stable these will be no high profit and it will be like physical money.

That's correct, price volatility is what attracting many people, mostly investors, into Bitcoin. Most of us here, myself included, use it more as an asset than a currency, thus, only using it for investment purposes. Price stability might make it more popular in terms of being accepted as a payment method and a currency by merchants, since they wouldn't have to worry about losing their money any more. However, it would lose the majority of its popularity, which is investors.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
pia19

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:48:03 AM

I dont think so. If bitcoin has a stable price, it would be just like any other currencies. What makes bitcoin unique is that its value increases significantly. Also what makes it unique is that it is decentralize and it is accepted worldwide. Also if its value is stable, there will be no other cryptocurrencies available.
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:12:26 AM

In my opinion, if bitcoin had a stable price it will not be popular. The investors will not be willing to invest into bitcoin. You will just waste your time to buy and sell bitcoin, just to make a profit. Some miner will stop mining bitcoin, because it’s hard to mine and the amount of money they earn is to deficit.
The only one reason behind their behavior will be, they can’t produce much profits. Bitcoin is famous and popular just because of its high yielding percentage of profits. So when price become stable, no such profits thus no such users. Then bitcoin will be just like any other currency we have in this world. Same would be the case with mining, as you said it very right.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:53:52 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

From my point of view I think it will popular even with stable price but I think it may decrease on due time because the most affected users where on the line of trading. Since trading users maximize their profit on the price fluctuations of bitcoins, it may bring them a great problem if the price would become stable and it would affect greatly their ROI.
yeah see a lot of bitcoin users is a trader of course stable prices will make them disappointed. but you should know that a stable price will only happen if the volume of bitcoin in the market or marketcapacity is huge? in other words when the bitcoin price is stable at that time everyone might already use bitcoin because marketcap is very big and that means bitcoin is popular nowadays?
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:05:24 AM

If bitcoin had a stable price,then retailers would come forward to accept it as payment as they are very much concerned about its price volatility.Certainly,it would increase the demand for bitcoins.More countries would come forward to legalize bitcoin.

On the other hand,traders who make huge profits out of the difference in bitcoin price would not buy bitcoins as their profits would get very less.They would lose their interests in bitcoin,It may reduce the demand for bitcoin.
If bitcoin becomes stable in price, I believe it will favor the economy of the world, but I don’t really know if people will come to accept it. Many people as of this time are already seeing it as evil or something they shouldn’t even get into. For the people into it now, I believe they are into it because of the volatility, and if it becomes stable in price, lots of them will quit from it.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:10:38 AM

If bitcoin become stable then it will end as there will no profit in investing in it.cryptocurrency are famous because they are unstable just like stock market and their transaction is anonymous.the increasing demand of bitcoin is also a major factor for its price volatility.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:19:48 AM

If bitcoin become stable then it will end as there will no profit in investing in it.cryptocurrency are famous because they are unstable just like stock market and their transaction is anonymous.the increasing demand of bitcoin is also a major factor for its price volatility.
People won't be getting different opportunities to earn big, Importantly this could have never been this popular as the present. The increased price it has got will be used by the people for securing their fiats to avoid taxation. Unstable price moves were the key factor for the success of bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
thesosorr

Activity: 691

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:56:47 AM

If bitcoin popular, this means bitcoin has been adopted by financial system wherever we are. Thus, bitcoins are actually easier to use and can act like fiat.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:32:50 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

From my point of view I think it will popular even with stable price but I think it may decrease on due time because the most affected users where on the line of trading. Since trading users maximize their profit on the price fluctuations of bitcoins, it may bring them a great problem if the price would become stable and it would affect greatly their ROI.

But it will be a huge adoption you got there, and of course traders will slowly get their gains here but they still can. And it will become just usual trading market without great fluctuation. When people start to adopt it then it is the time to get your increasing profit here. But when there is still no adoption, then its price will just stay the same
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:22:27 PM

I don't think so, when bitcoin have a stable price theres nothing to look forward to, just like what we used to do. Checking the price of bitcoin, etc. For investors or traders they will not be benefited by this kind situation because there will be no profit. Bitcoin is popular despite its disadvantages.
if bitcoin had stable price then it depend on what price status it is have,. so if happen that its price is always at high then i think the popularity of BTC will make a big noise around the world, many traders will never wait for the perfect timing of when to trade for BTC because we know that a strategic traders always looks out the fluctuation value of bitcoin, maintaining the high value of bitcoin can comes out a conclusion of how strong it is, but if the  fix value is low then i think the bitcoin will never be as popular for all we know that there are lot of coins next in line of bitcoin.

Stable or not Bitcoin will be popular because there will be a different set of users that will get in during those phase.  With the price going  up and wild volatility, traders and speculative investors will take interest and jump in to the communityand once it become stable, merchants  with their customer will then enter the scene.  I think if there will be issue in scalability, bitcoin will be more popular when it become stable.
Everyone has his own point of view but I think otherwise. The main reason which is helping bitcoin earn this much of fame and popularity is none other than the tremendous increase in the market price of bitcoin. It will be really difficult for bitcoin to maintain its reputation at the time when the market price of bitcoin will get stable. People will look for some other investment at that time.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:38:20 PM

If bitcoin had a stable price,then retailers would come forward to accept it as payment as they are very much concerned about its price volatility.Certainly,it would increase the demand for bitcoins.More countries would come forward to legalize bitcoin.

On the other hand,traders who make huge profits out of the difference in bitcoin price would not buy bitcoins as their profits would get very less.They would lose their interests in bitcoin,It may reduce the demand for bitcoin.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:25:22 PM

If I think bitcoin has a stable value surely people will pull it. no one will invest in bitcoin But maybe people will use it as a only transaction or just as a display. Due to the increasing value of bitcoin, people always hunt them and want to invest their money in bitcoin
You are right! No one would have actually considered bitcoin as an investment and probably we could have just been spending it and making use of it daily for payment. However, a time will still always come when people will still end up getting to know there is an easy means of transacting and then cause the increase in demand for the coin, which obviously would still make it valuable.

It has been designed that way. People make use of paypal daily to make payment, did they stop because they were not gaining anything from it? No!
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:31:52 PM

There is two situations if bitcoin were more stable lets say traded at 300-400 dollars maybe more merchants and big companies would already accept it as payment option, we wouldnt be with soo many big companies investing soo deeply into the mine since the reward would remain stable till last bitcoin block. The other side is the fact it being soo volatil has bringed big players inside and allowed small players to have decent profit as well change a lot lifes, merchants already accepting bitcoin, even being a few those has already started.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:43:40 PM

One of the things that make bitcoin popular is the fluctuating price that makes people interested to make it as an investment, but on the other side there is a risk that could make investors lose because the price slumped, but that's what makes bitcoin popular, if the price is stable then the number of devotees will be reduced.

Because investors are more attracted to things that grows value in a certain amount of time, BTC became their best investment nowadays. I dont think bitcoin will be as popular as it is now if for example the price became stable for at least 1000 dollars per one BTC. Because these days are just the development age of cryptocurrency and development age of BTC, the price will likely to go up (not stable) and this is a big factor in attracting more people to be in the cryptocurrency and consider BTC as one of their good investment. It will be popular but not as much as it is now if it have a stable price because even me wont buy something that dont grow value through time.

conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:18:33 PM

One of the things that make bitcoin popular is the fluctuating price that makes people interested to make it as an investment, but on the other side there is a risk that could make investors lose because the price slumped, but that's what makes bitcoin popular, if the price is stable then the number of devotees will be reduced.

Because investors are more attracted to things that grows value in a certain amount of time, BTC became their best investment nowadays. I dont think bitcoin will be as popular as it is now if for example the price became stable for at least 1000 dollars per one BTC. Because these days are just the development age of cryptocurrency and development age of BTC, the price will likely to go up (not stable) and this is a big factor in attracting more people to be in the cryptocurrency and consider BTC as one of their good investment. It will be popular but not as much as it is now if it have a stable price because even me wont buy something that dont grow value through time.
- You speak very accurately and I totally agree with you, the price of Bitcoin is unstable, this is an attractive factor all investors, why? Because if we want to make more money and more profit, we need strong and unstable volatility, we will be able to accumulate, buy low, sell high continuously to optimize profits. And I can assert if the price of the bitcoin is stable, it will no longer be popular, even it will eventually be eliminated, because our desire when we invest is to profit, if we invest in a place where there is no profit or low profit, we should look for a new place to invest, should not continue to waste time in vain

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:26:09 PM

I think that the instability of bitcoin is one of the reasons for it's popularity. People buy Bitcoin when the price drops a bit to get a good income when the price will rise again.  I think that if Bitcoin were stable it would not be so popular.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:50:03 PM

Yes suppose bitcoin has stable price 6000 USD, it has obvious that bitcoin still popular. But people would not able to trade because there would not have any benifit of trading.
People would only concern about signature campaign and gambling. There would no holding for long term .

bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:53:16 AM

Some people here are pretending they’re not here cause the price of Bitcoin keeps on fluctuating, some even said they will prefer a stable price. Quite funny, cause these are the type of people I call deceiver. They will even be the first to make a withdrawal if such happens.
webelong

Activity: 140

The Future Of Work

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:29:59 AM

Yes it will still be popular.It will be as good as dollar which has its stable value.If bitcoin is going to be stable in the near future then it will still be as popular as dollar per se.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:52:44 AM

If bitcoin prices are stable like fiat, it will be difficult to get popular because the same services like Payza, paypal, skrill, ok pay and others, bitcoin will not make people buy more because stock is unlimited and nothing special if the price is stable.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: