Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:43:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:22:29 AM

the high price is the biggest factor of the popularity of bitcoin, for what it has a stable price but has no profit at all. the demand will be less if it happens. now the demand is very high although bitcoin is volatile but it does not matter because of its high value.
I agree with that. The price of bitcoin speaks for bitcoin and it attracts a lot of people because a lot of people wants fast money and they can only get it if they will invest in bitcoin. High volatility made a lot of difference in the choice of the people in investment and that is why they are putting their money into bitcoin rather than the other investment option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:51:28 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I don't think that if Bitcoin had a stable price, it would be this much popular simply because the volatility of Bitcoin is what makes it a good trading option for day traders and a large number of people who believe in Bitcoin, trade it on a daily basis.
Bitcoin is regarded as one of the fastest growing investments available in the world and a stable price means, slower growth rates. The volatility of Bitcoin is one of the reasons for its popularity.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:25:48 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I don't think so. It is one of the main features that attracts many investors. As the value changes, the more the chances to earn larger amount of money. Bitcoin has been made popular because the value is rising and if the volatility will be removed the people will stop investing on bitcoin.
Unless we want to lie to ourselves like you have mentioned, most of us here are there for the profit. Sure, we believe bitcoin is the future of the way we make payments, however, if the price is controlled, it may not really have much waves or be as popular or just very few people would have just realized the importance and then make good use of it in their transactions. The fact that you can have a max profit makes it this popular.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:23:31 AM

the high price is the biggest factor of the popularity of bitcoin, for what it has a stable price but has no profit at all. the demand will be less if it happens. now the demand is very high although bitcoin is volatile but it does not matter because of its high value.
The demand only becomes high because investors are willing to hold it even if the price are very tempting to sell.
The development continues since bitcoin is getting more popular everyday, it will make people aware since we are already in the mainstream media, with this what is happening now, the price will never be stable since news that will come out could either lead to a pump or dump.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:44:02 AM

Maybe that time is when all things like buying pizza, paying bills,investing using bitcoin it would be popular for job hunters but for now what makes bitcoin popular is because it made our hearts pump fast, very volatile specially when the price gets down we feel down also but if its rising our hearts rise also.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:01:23 AM

I find it difficult, I'm sure that if the bitcoin price is stable then nobody wants to buy this much bitcoin, the transaction value will not be like this and may be outdone by Paypal, OKPay, Perfect Money or else.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:16:12 AM

I don't think so, as i see currenlt most of people(newbie) invest in bitcoin because not of its idea or vision just because it could provide huge income/profit etc. The stable bitcoin would be much less popular as expensive and fast growing one.For sure.
I think first of all its not possible for bitcoin that it price will become stable on one place because bitcoin is such a currency which have still a lot of journey to do world need bitcoin and they are trying to make bitcoin legal so I think bitcoin price will go more high and its totally out of question that bitcoin price can stable on one place.
Jaxelrell

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:31:52 AM

It would be because hackers and scammers need to store their money safe from their governments so bitcoin will be a good option for them. If i was a scammer i would drop all my stolen money in bitcoin. So by doing this I am nearly untraceable for the government to arrest me. So in short i will be safe doing this.
Loremipusum

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:47:10 AM

Yes, if bitcoin had a stable price, it would still be as popular as it's today now. People would see a better currency than fiat with alot more benefits and if its stable theres nothing to lose.
Yes! I agree to you. The reason why the bitcoin is so popular today is because it has a stable price. Many people are now entering the cryptocurrency world because of the bitcoin.
Actually people are entering the cryptocurrency world because of the price of bitcoin that  keep increase, so they see that they can get profit by earning bitcoin and altcoin. But yes, bitcoin will be still popular because the merchant will not afraid to adopt bitcoin anymore.
Yes, it's true people are willing to enter the cryptocurrency world, and for them they are hoping a high price and to get a lots of profit when they were earnings, For example in bitcoin, if the price was so high and it is stable for a long time most of people are become willing about it specially to all bitcoiners and by the stable of high price, I'm sure bitcoin will become popular among all of the other cryptocurrency. In additoin, if the price of bitcoin was stable continuously, i believing that there are so many people are invest thier money, and they grab the opportunities. And finally, bitcoin will become popular because of it's stable price and people are taking it because of money. So it is better that bitcoin was have a stable price.
First thing is there is no possibility for bitcoin price that it can be stable on one place and secondly bitcoin is related with market trade and its price is related with trade also so it’s out of question that bitcoin price can be stay on one place because day by day bitcoin is going to improve his trade with world and it’s going to progress every day.
I agree with you bitcoin can never have a stable price if it was so it would be at the start of bitcoin and not right now i would say it is going to keep growing and keep growing and even if it goes down it will grow again it would never be stable.
I agree with you bitcoin is something that does keep growing after it went down a little take the attack from last 3 days it went down to 5k and it is back again at 6.5k i believe it can even go better than this so i would say invest!
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:50:28 AM

It would be because hackers and scammers need to store their money safe from their governments so bitcoin will be a good option for them. If i was a scammer i would drop all my stolen money in bitcoin. So by doing this I am nearly untraceable for the government to arrest me. So in short i will be safe doing this.
That would only be possible if you will not cash out your money, the government has the power to monitor exchanges and require them to submit
necessary reports to detect illegal activities which is done by money launderers.
thebosskid

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:06:04 AM

Yes, if bitcoin had a stable price, it would still be as popular as it's today now. People would see a better currency than fiat with alot more benefits and if its stable theres nothing to lose.
Yes! I agree to you. The reason why the bitcoin is so popular today is because it has a stable price. Many people are now entering the cryptocurrency world because of the bitcoin.
Actually people are entering the cryptocurrency world because of the price of bitcoin that  keep increase, so they see that they can get profit by earning bitcoin and altcoin. But yes, bitcoin will be still popular because the merchant will not afraid to adopt bitcoin anymore.
Yes, it's true people are willing to enter the cryptocurrency world, and for them they are hoping a high price and to get a lots of profit when they were earnings, For example in bitcoin, if the price was so high and it is stable for a long time most of people are become willing about it specially to all bitcoiners and by the stable of high price, I'm sure bitcoin will become popular among all of the other cryptocurrency. In additoin, if the price of bitcoin was stable continuously, i believing that there are so many people are invest thier money, and they grab the opportunities. And finally, bitcoin will become popular because of it's stable price and people are taking it because of money. So it is better that bitcoin was have a stable price.
First thing is there is no possibility for bitcoin price that it can be stable on one place and secondly bitcoin is related with market trade and its price is related with trade also so it’s out of question that bitcoin price can be stay on one place because day by day bitcoin is going to improve his trade with world and it’s going to progress every day.
I agree with you bitcoin can never have a stable price if it was so it would be at the start of bitcoin and not right now i would say it is going to keep growing and keep growing and even if it goes down it will grow again it would never be stable.
I agree with you bitcoin is something that does keep growing after it went down a little take the attack from last 3 days it went down to 5k and it is back again at 6.5k i believe it can even go better than this so i would say invest!
Yes i know i bought a lot when it was 5k i am happy i bought it fast because in an hour it was back at 6k so i believe the price could never be stable because if it can go up in one hour how can someone say that that is a stable price.
CoinFlippo

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:29:16 AM

Yes i have invested and bought a lot of bitcoins i started 1 month ago with bitcoin but i can already see that bitcoin will become very big and that it is the future and will be in all our future maybe even all the banks will disappear and only bitcoin will be left.
JacksonMonroe

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:50:02 AM

Yes you are right but i personally think that it would not be popular at all if it had a stable price because it is very unstable why would someone invest in something that is stable no one could make profit out of that and people invest to make profit.
Blissworker

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:58:01 AM

Maybe that time is when all things like buying pizza, paying bills,investing using bitcoin it would be popular for job hunters but for now what makes bitcoin popular is because it made our hearts pump fast, very volatile specially when the price gets down we feel down also but if its rising our hearts rise also.
I think that if bitcoin had a stable price no one would have invested in it because bitcoin is just like other coins a crypto coin that is not being controlled by the government. So it could have been any coin but bitcoin just got to be the lucky one.
miaviguerias

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

Sure , even when Bitcon wee bult withia stable cost, it might still be well-liked currency , simp y because simply it has very big neighborrood helping it, which is becoming an adult every day.ilh
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:43:22 PM

The volatility of bitcoin charms the financial world, you can be rich in a short time, if you meet some indicatives in the market place (experience, inspiration, knowledge etc.) but yes, i think bitcoin would be a popular crypto asset even if the price would be stable.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:10:01 PM

I think that there wouldn't be many investments like today with bitcoin if bitcoin had stable price. Possibilities of bitcoin make it more famous. And it will be more famous in a few years later. It is just good times for us.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:50:00 PM

The volatility of bitcoin charms the financial world, you can be rich in a short time, if you meet some indicatives in the market place (experience, inspiration, knowledge etc.) but yes, i think bitcoin would be a popular crypto asset even if the price would be stable.
the price of bitcoin is quite large even despite its fall. In addition, it should be borne in mind that these coins can be made much better and easier than real money. so I think that the demand for bitcoin was and will be.
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:07:17 PM

I think it will stay popular, the thing that makes popular bitcoin easy to use, cheaper transaction costs and better security systems. although the price is stable I'm sure users will be loyal.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:24:37 AM

I think it will stay popular, the thing that makes popular bitcoin easy to use, cheaper transaction costs and better security systems. although the price is stable I'm sure users will be loyal.
The cheaper transaction cost that we are promoting is not cheap anymore, you need to transaction a good amount of money so you will
not feel you are paying a big transaction fee. Actually for now, it seems like bitcoin is not good for micro transaction and this problem should be address soon.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: